1,391 reviews

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good entry level job
Claims Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: work daytime hours
Cons: only 4 saturdays off per quarter, micro management
Very good starting pay. Ethical company. Allstate is very involved in charities.
Poor Management
Licensed Account Manager (Former Employee), Portage, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: client interaction
Cons: poor management
I loved working in Insurance but unfortunately I worked for an Agent that was new to the business and did not know how to Manage or Market. My co-workers were great and dealing with the Clients is what I enjoyed most.
I dedicated my time as a lead specialist
Lead Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: learned differeant ways of marketing i had not previosly attempted
Cons: locations a independently owned, agents work ethics are not up to pace and could potentially hurt thier client base.
Duties consisted of contacting current customer or internet lead and review their current coverages and assist each customer with obtaining the best coverage for the best price.
Very Calm setting
Agent (Former Employee), Sebastian, FLAugust 2, 2014
Loved my job loved the co workers. loved the clients. Hardest part of job was placing coverages for the clients with certain situations.
Unprofessional Management, Lack of Assistance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hudson, OHAugust 1, 2014
Pros: benefits are pretty good.
Cons: severly lack professionlism. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although Allstate has pretty good benefits, the way management and their Core Department, DOES NOT Provide.. Confidentially, the job its self was ok. Very "pushy" environment. Goal oriented. Company does provide what they call RTO time, that you earn for a job well done or via contest. Trying to get to use the RTO that you won by the expiration date, – more... is very hard.... Company does not usually extend the time that you have. Human Resource Dept. seemed very nice to deal with in the beginning. If you have to deal with HR after your hire, they do not apply confidentially either.
Not disability friendly.
Company has a huge turn around..... – less
Great
LAN Support Analyst (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAAugust 1, 2014
Would have probably retired there if they didn't outsource the office.
family environment work place
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation days
This was a great place to work, job was very flexible with family and work. I was laid off due to job going oversees. The co-workers were excellent, everybody worked together as a team environment and helped each other out when needed. I learned a lot about reconciling bank statements and the insurance side of the financial world. There was no hard – more... part of the job until the end as you were watching very dedicated individuals getting laid off due to jobs being outsourced. – less
over stressed under appreaciated
Claims Service adjuster (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: benefits and paid time off
Cons: hours unattainable goals they want met.
managers not on the same page. they say they care about you and your personal goals but they just look out for themselves.
Productive workplace, very professional atmosphere
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 1, 2014
Working in allstate I learned how to speak to people that I have never met before. I also learned how to compose myself in a professional environment and how to be organized.
Great starting point
Underwriting Examiner Associate III (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: undervalued staff
The job itself can be great and rewarding, however the management of the department has led to a high turnover rate. This leads to periods where the staff is overworked to carry the extra workload of the ones who have left. In addition, for this position, Allstate does not pay competitively against other companies for the exact same position. There – more... are about 6 jobs crammed into one title. The environment can be fun and there are a lot of people to network within Allstate. – less
Excelent
CPSR (Former Employee), Hollywood, FlAugust 1, 2014
Pros: schedule
I learned new facts about all types of insurance
The agent was very knowledgeable and very professional
I was supervising, encouraging team efforts for best of the customers and the agency. I did not find it hard, I found it very educative.
EXCELENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Customer Representative Representative (Current Employee), KISSIMMEEJuly 31, 2014
CUSTOMER SERVICE, POLICIES REVIEWS, TRANSACTIONS,BINDING POLICIES
Very Productive
Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
When I first went to Allstate I did not know anything about legal. I went there as a file clerk. After being there for about six month the manager attorney hired me as a legal secretary. Allstate is where I got my start and training. Left to learn other areas of law.
Customer Service (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: hours
A typical day at work consisted of making outbound calls to generate sales production. Scanning customers information in to the computer,answering calls and recieving payments.I learned different things about insurance policies that i was unaware of before working at Allstate. My co-workers were a pleasure to work,never had a problem with any staff. – more... My job was simple, but the hardest part were the hours. I enjoyed my overal experience working for Allstate. – less
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Chubbuck, IDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: paid time off, 2 breaks and lunch
Cons: bad managment, call center
I love working for Allstate, it is one of the best companies to work for, but the managment is not very proffesional. We learn new things all day, and apply them to every call we take, it is a friendly enviroment. Sitting all day though for eight hours can get annoying.
Good Company
Property and Casualty Inside Adjuster (Current Employee), Louisville, KentuckyJuly 29, 2014
Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company – more... to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for.Overall it is a good company to work for. – less
Allstate was a great place to work and learn.
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits and learning opportunities
Cons: outsourcing
Working at Allstate offered many opportunities to learn and grow into a great career. Training internal and external employees was a great experience and very rewarding. The hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of the day. It was a great experience.
Fun place to work
Analyst (Current Employee), miJuly 28, 2014
fun place to work, great people, 9-5 , mon-fri , learned allot from management.
good first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Bethesda MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: no benefits, long drive
Its a great way to get professional experience. Not a fast pace job, no future growth. Managers are nice and good people to work with.
cant say
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: no work life balance
Would rather not say. I writing this as filler to get past screen.

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more