Allstate

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work Environment
Bilingual Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
There are many opportunities to learn and be challenged. It is a fast paced encironment that changes constantly, so you need a good, flexible attitude to keep up.
Great place to work!
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILApril 7, 2014
Awesome culture - demanding yet balanced. Company is quite profitable as the strategies are working and there hasn't been too many weather related events recently.
Great Place!
Administrative associate. (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 6, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation available. flexibility
Cons: nothing
It was a great company to work for. It was a merit based company. Meaning an employee was rewarded based on their work ethic and not how long they'd been with the company. Great management. Great place to work.
Good experience working
Agency Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNApril 5, 2014
Pros: good sales learing
Cons: not any
Selling the right policy as per customer requirement. Also recommending Savings due the multiple purchases. Explaining all the coverage and saving due to multiple purchases. No complains from customers due to right recommendations.
Regular Day
Customer Service Representative/Telemarketer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 5, 2014
Walk in log in to my computer, prepare all documents needed for that moment, go over any paperwork leftover from the previous day, make phone calls, take care of customers.
Allstate Insurance Company
Administrative Assistant/CSR (Current Employee), QueensApril 4, 2014
My job at Allstate is highly stressed position due to everything that goes through me before everyone else in the office. A typical at the office is busy , alot of paper work, follow-ups and customers to deal with. Co-workers always on your case because of the stress they go through as well. The hardest part of the job is getting the blame and just – more... taking it. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer comply to everything that needs to be done and the days goes smooth. – less
Excellent Learning Experience
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILApril 3, 2014
Very professional environment with great learning experience
Productive, fast paced, call center environment.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
Good company to work for the only issue is the lack of work, life, balance. Excellent training, compensation is decent with very good benefits.
A great insurance office which is unfortunately closed in Stamford location.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 3, 2014
Great agent to work with. It was a busy insurance office with so many potentials and over 200 active clients. place to meet clients face to face and to do a lots of customer service which I enjoyed alot.
Great start for my insurance career
Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTApril 3, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: no healthcare coverage, no potential for advancement.
Typical day, answer phone calls, solve customer's issues. Take payments. Call existing clients about cross-sale opportunities.

I have learned about starting, selling and closing new business for renters policies, and auto policies, and a few homeowners policies.

I have learned about customer service, and asking open ended questions to solicit existing – more... customers cross-sales.

Hardest part of the job is losing a sale, or cancelling a customer's policy.

Most rewarding part of the job is saving my clients and family money by comparing their existing policies with Allstate and providing a solution to their problems. – less
Great benefits and pay. Diverse workforce encouraged
Senior Claim Service Adjuster/Manager (Former Employee), South Barrington, ILApril 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: claims dept works all shifts and days of the week
Excellect job security. The job had significant rewards for those who brought their best. Others might find this career less rewarding as leadership will push you out by withholding raises etc.
Enjoyed helping customers
Office Support Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 2, 2014
Answer and make phone calls, provide customers with quotes for auto, life insurance.
Very productive and rewarding job, constantly busy.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: you are rewarded for your work, gifts and free lunches.
A typical day at Allstate, contact your new customers go over the facts of what happened. If it is a contents list needed go over the contents list and get pricing for the contents, order the police report and if there are damages write an estimate for the damages.
I learned how to handle burglary claims, auto claims, bodily injury claims and homeowner – more... structure claims. Allstate is good at training there employees.
Management at Allstate I felt good management.
The co-workers were great everyone got along and would help each other out if needed.
The most enjoyable part of my job knowing at the end of my day I have help someone become whole again after a very bad loss, putting there life back together was very rewarding to me. – less
Senior Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDApril 1, 2014
Pros: wages, healthcare
Cons: micromangement
I communicated with adjusters, clients and medical providers. I learned a lot from this job, I learned computer skills and different ways to complete tasks given in a timely manner. My co-workers were amazing, this was a team oriented job. Management was very helpful in fulfilling your goals. The hardest pat of the job was the lack of independence. – more... The job security was nice. – less
productive place
Office Assistant-Internship (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 31, 2014
Just filed papers and answered phones (forwarded calls to right person)
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: financial incentives
Cons: job security
ANSWERED INBOUND CALLS ON A DAILY WHILE SERVICING CONSUMER WITH CARE AND EMPATHY WITH THEIR INSURANCE POLICIES BY MAKING CHANGES OR ANSWERING QUESTIONS BASED ON THEIR NEEDS
Great Owner
Office Manager/LSP (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: excellent owner
Cons: no healthcare.
Great work place, with very productive sales associates and most are like family.
Nice core group of people.
Agency Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Allstate is a great company to work for. I have no complaints.
New Business Specailist
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 29, 2014
Consistently met and exceeded agency and regional goals. Responsible for incoming calls, outbound marketing, and outstanding follow up.
Unreliable Hours
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: pay
I never had a set schedule it was just come in when they had something for me to do.

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more