Allstate

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lacking in long-term leadership
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor pay and no benefits
Co-workers were nice however management is brisk and lacks management skills.
Productive fun workplace
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee), Metairie LaJuly 8, 2014
Great job for someone thats willing to learn and adapt to new ideas.
Great Upper Management Support
Agency Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2014
There is a lot of support from the management hierarchy with Allstate. Good company to work for.
n/a
General Lines Agent - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 7, 2014
I enjoyed working there but business was slow so I was laid off.
Great place to work at.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2014
I loved working at Allstate. There is always room for growth and all agents are their to assist you.
great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Typical day at work helping customers with each request, Great staff
Awesome place to work!
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee), Centennial, COJuly 2, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
The hardest part about the job is being able to reach any leads on the phones, sometimes might have to call up to 7-8 different times at different days to get a hold of them. But overall, great work environment, fun co-workers, and awesome manager who always put his employees first to make sure they succeed.

I definitely learned a lot at this job. – more... A lot of reflection on my personal self with the help of my agent. – less
ATO-Service Desk Representative Senior Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 30, 2014
Very flexible with work/life balance. 9+ years there as 1st and 2nd level support desk analyst. The most enjoyable part is the people. The hardest part is the outsourcing of jobs overseas and inevitable layoffs here in the states. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Great Experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Madison, MSJune 29, 2014
Wish I had more opportunity for growth!

Great Company

Great People
Process oriented company where customer is the focus
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), NorthbrookJune 29, 2014
Process oriented company where customer is the focus. Processes are in place for all major and minor releases to insure the end user does have a good experience. Proper steps are taken to educate the user on the new systems.
great pay and nice bonuses
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 28, 2014
Pros: warm safe environment
Cons: long hours and stressful work
Work was great. The hours were not. This was full time 45 + hours per week, I have a 3 year old son. I was missing too much of his life. I am looking for part time work 30 hours per week.
Company with opportunity for advancement, great salary and benefits
FIELD SALES LEADER/Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 28, 2014
 Successful in increasing agent’s sales, commitments and retention levels within highly competitive markets
 Responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of agents on how to market insurance utilizing verticals, form alliances and partnerships with business owners
 Responsible for consulting and training agents on developing new business opportunities – more... by prospecting, telemarketing, utilizing referrals, product knowledge and increased compensation.
 Consistent in increasing commercial results by growth, marketing initiatives, development, facilitating meetings and leading a team of successful agents
 Responsible for recruiting and maintaining a profitable team of commercial producing agencies.
Accomplishments:
Qualified for Agency Rewards Performance Award
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
 Responsible for recruiting, training and supervising benefit specialists and agents to produce in the workplace/payroll and group voluntary benefits marketplace
 Conducts agent/client seminars on service plans which maximizes account expansion, retention and satisfaction
 Assisted agents and benefit specialists with opening/closing employer accounts
 Procures the addition of new accounts and maintains existing accounts, which results in meeting or exceeding sales quota
 Exemplifies strong leadership and negotiating skills while developing territory throughout Tennessee and Arkansas
Accomplishments:
Regional Champions Qualifier - 2008
Leader’s Conference-Honors Club Qualifier - 2009 – less
Great environment, mediocre pay
Claims Services Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2014
Pros: company culture, pretty good benefits
Cons: mediocre pay and paid time off
The culture at Allstate is quite positive, even for a call center environment. One good perk is that after a few months of enduring the phones, you generally get to have other non-phone tasks to do.

The main complaint is that salaries are too low, at least for those starting off as Claims Services Specialists, and especially so for those who have college – more... degrees.

Also, paid time off is 14 days a year, which seems good until you factor in that sick days are included in it. – less
Lynx, Inbound calls processing insurance claims.
C.S.R Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), North Fort Myers, FLJune 27, 2014
I go in to work log in and begin taking phone calls. my experience there was i learned how to process an insurance claims. I was in my own cubical so it was rarelly any communication with co-workers i was not there long but when I had contact with co-workers it was always great. the hardest part of this job was trying to figure out what to put certain – more... claims under. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing clams. – less
good work place
Service Partner Liaison (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: turn over rate is high
a great company to work for all making new changes. But will lay you off if hey find a cheap state or country to work in.
Busy workplace
Secretary and customer service (Former Employee), west jordan, utahJune 27, 2014
worked individually every day
learned a lot about insurance and laws
learned crucial skills needed for keeping every customer happy
got really good at getting multiple tasks done with time limitations
was required to meet sales goals every week
kept track of all of my boss's appointments and phone calls
Favorable and pleasant work environment.
Account Assistant/Telemarketer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
Considerate environment, amiable clientele and co-workers, well-mannered manager and trainee.
Great Starter Job in the Admin Field
Customer Service / Sales / Office Manager (Former Employee), Elk River, MNJune 26, 2014
I learned the basics of office procedure and protocol here.
Helping cliets is a plus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: wellness program and health gym
Cons: being scripted
Taking care of client problems and helping to get them the right coverage for their particular needs is paramount. Co-workers are excellent team players. The hardest part of the job is following a script, it seems too impersonal. Developed my communication skills to the next level.
Walks the walk of work/life balance and healthy living
Market Research Consultant (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria food, chicago cultural benefits and discounts, work from home flexibility, work/life balance encouraged
Cons: large company, processes move slowly, corporate politics get in the way of productivity
I enjoy working with Allstate because they encourage employees to live healthy lives, balancing work and family and other obligations. I have enjoyed each of the teams I have supported and have learned to work with a variety of leadership styles and in various team dynamics. It is a great place to work and more easily accommodates moving to a new role – more... or department within the company, especially in the corporate headquarters, because there are so many different job functions housed in one campus. – less

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more