Allstate
1,401 reviews

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most rewarding place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: exciting, fun loving people, motivating team
Cons: tight schedules and deadlines
Every day was challenging since it was a new application and we had to have many interactions with the business and understand many things required by the client.

Good management team and got to learn many new tools like e-test track pro tool to update and to keep track of the bugs.
Gained work experience in Insurance Domain
Business Analyst / QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 21, 2014
Project focused, good team player and enjoyed working with team
Friendly working environment with a mix of sales and service tasks
Business Development Agent (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: long commute
Typical work day includes dealing with new potential clients and existing clients to help them with their home and auto insurance needs.
During my time at Allstate I have achieved my OTL licence and transitioned into a Canadian working environment.
Management are approachable and honest.
The hardest part of the job keeping track of the constant change – more... of guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting you targets at the end of each month in sales and quality. – less
GREAT JOB
GREAT PEOPLE
GREAT FELXABILITY
Customer Care Agent
Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2014
As a customer care agent for Allstate Insurance I am required to go into the system database every morning and login into our system. There it gives me a list of clients to call during my work day and review their insurance coverages and inform them of any gaps of coverage, I also call clients regarding payments, add new drivers onto clients policys, – more... write new policies, emailing clients, working in a professional manner, and supplying excellent customer service.

The hardest part of my job is it is very face paced, learning to keep up was an experience but I have managed to create a balance for my days. – less
Job security is excellent
Underwriter (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: frequent optional overtime
Allstate Insurance appreciates their employees and treats them very well.
customer serivce and fast pace enviroment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Brampton,ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: helping customers, hour lunch
Cons: when you can not help a customer, when you can not finish your work and you need more time
I have been working for Allstate 3 years and love my job and co-workers,we have a team environment.

Working for a insurance company is hard due to you can not make
every customer happy,but trying to help and trying to get the insured what they need makes the job worth it. at the end of the day.
ok place to work but...
SENIOR CLAIMS ADJUDICATOR (Former Employee), MarkhamDecember 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
No work-life balance in AB. Very stressful, but that's the nature of this type of job.
Fun workplace, exciting
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Every day was a challenge as this was my first job as a tester.
Learned how to go about testing, learned new tools and techniques,
Management was very good, encouraging, helpful always ready to guide you.
Co-workers were very co-operative, fun
hardest part was learning planning testing activities
the most enjoyable part was got to learn many things – more... which helped me grow as a QA consultant. – less
Busy, customer service.
customer service sales agent (Former Employee), markhamAugust 29, 2013
I spent the day answering phones in a call centre. Helping customers with any questions or complaints that they had, as well as did sales.
Work life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
Work life balance is good and it is a great place for working.
Your manager can make or break your experience
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2013
Terrible manager, was never satisfied with the efforts of the employees. Bonus were hard to achieve, work life balance suffered. office was over-staffed.
Its a great place to work you are well treated and looked after
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Strabane, ONDecember 15, 2012
Pros: constant events, dress down days charity events.
Cons: cant say i have any to put in here
Allstate is a great place the management is really approachable and helpful. If you happen to be struggling in areas they sit you down and try to work out whats going wrong and how they can work around it and help you improve. The co workers are also very good friendly helpful people. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing – more... you helped solve the customers problem. I cant really say anything to fault this Company there very fair and always try and help where they can so you are never stuck or there is nothing the managers or colleagues don't try to help you if you find your having a problem. – less
Job Posting Only To Obtain Potential Candidates for Future Employment
Potentional Applicant (Former Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 18, 2012
I had applied for a position with the company in my city as the job description matched my work history, and I had worked for an insurance company (but in the life/ltd area) before. Came to the end of the interview, and found out the position was not a position - they didn't have any current openings. They were just gathering a list of potential candidates – more... for potential future openings. Though I would have been willing to obtain the licence they eventually wanted had there been a position, I was not in the position to, nor willing to, spend the money to obtain a licence for something that I may or may not have been able to use since there was no guarantee they would have an opening any time soon. – less
Great people, flexible environment
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILAugust 28, 2014
The office environment was casual, the people were great and the work/life balance was ideal.
Busy multi office agency
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: some fexibility
Cons: poor health insurance options
Co workers are wonderful as is the employer, setting is relaxed and customer are great to deal with. Several incentive plans in place for increased sales goals and retention goals. The most difficult part of my job is when I have exhausted all my resources and am still unable to please a client.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service & Sales Rep (Current Employee), Rochester NYAugust 27, 2014
Manage day to day operations including sales, some underwriting, service changes and clients inquiries, claims and policy reviews.
Data Warehousing Applications - Data Quality
Sr. ETL Tester (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
ETL and BI Testing
SQL Writing
PL/SQL Writing
HP ALM
Testing Process from end to end
sales experience
Exclusive Agent (Former Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 25, 2014
Pros: exposure of name brand
Cons: handling of policies
Exclusive agents are given help during the first year. Very demanading in time and money to be a successful agent.
Productive and Fun
Self Owned - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 25, 2014
enjoyed the company
neatness, friendly, laid back
dependable, can do attitudes

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more