Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

lacks opportunity for advancement
Business Development Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
Unless you are part of the inner circle advancement is very hard. Experience or Leadership doesn't seem to matter with this organization.
Pros
income potential is big
Cons
lacks opportunity for advancement
small work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
As I worked in a small work environment, it was a simple balance. There were four people in the office and we worked together with all of the company's policies and procedures
Friendly working environment with a mix of sales and service tasks
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 April 2014
Typical work day includes dealing with new potential clients and existing clients to help them with their home and auto insurance needs.
During my time at Allstate I have achieved my OTL licence and transitioned into a Canadian working environment.
Management are approachable and honest.
The hardest part of the job keeping track of the constant change of guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting you targets at the end of each month in sales and quality.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Long commute
My Experience at AllState Financial Services
Debt Collector and Payment Consolidator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Ns28 December 2014
This company was based on collecting debts. I did enjoy helping clients to set up payment plans to pay off outstanding debts on credit cards and medical bills from the U.S. My coworkers at this job were okay but the culture of the workplace was far from positive and encouraging. It was a basic call center environment so i learned to speak with people on the phone, manage files on a computer, set up payment plans and manage clients payments. It was a good work experience overall.
Allstate was an okay Company to work for
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
I enjoyed my team, although management was always coming and going.
we never knew if Allstate location was shutting down
My manager was unhappy and not helpful
disorganized company
Compensation
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa. Durham Region5 July 2015
Its a great organization to work. Fantastic Compensation structure for Sales employee. Fun Place but highly focused work environment
Pros
Life and Work balance
ok place to work but...
SENIOR CLAIMS ADJUDICATOR (Former Employee) –  Markham2 December 2013
No work-life balance in AB. Very stressful, but that's the nature of this type of job.
benefits
Job Posting Only To Obtain Potential Candidates for Future Employment
Potentional Applicant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 October 2012
I had applied for a position with the company in my city as the job description matched my work history, and I had worked for an insurance company (but in the life/ltd area) before. Came to the end of the interview, and found out the position was not a position - they didn't have any current openings. They were just gathering a list of potential candidates for potential future openings. Though I would have been willing to obtain the licence they eventually wanted had there been a position, I was not in the position to, nor willing to, spend the money to obtain a licence for something that I may or may not have been able to use since there was no guarantee they would have an opening any time soon.
Fun workplace, exciting
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2013
Every day was a challenge as this was my first job as a tester.
Learned how to go about testing, learned new tools and techniques,
Management was very good, encouraging, helpful always ready to guide you.
Co-workers were very co-operative, fun
hardest part was learning planning testing activities
the most enjoyable part was got to learn many things which helped me grow as a QA consultant.
Allstate Corportation
Relationship Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2012
Allstate Corporation is a good company to work for. It is very sales oriented and can be stressful as sales quotas need to be met every month. However, it is also a company that offers a lot flexibility and my manager did not micro manage, which I thing is a good thing as it keeps everyone happy, end result being an increase in productivity
Pros
work own hours
Cons

Want to know more about Allstate Insurance?

Ask a question
Most rewarding place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2014
Every day was challenging since it was a new application and we had to have many interactions with the business and understand many things required by the client.

Good management team and got to learn many new tools like e-test track pro tool to update and to keep track of the bugs.
Pros
Exciting, fun loving people, motivating team
Cons
tight schedules and deadlines
Educational and fun place to work.
o Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2014
Learned a lot about sales and business reports. Being able to understand and provide insurance for those in need. Explaining different situations and circumstances to customers and making them happy. Being able to help in a time of need and making their situation better than it could have been.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Not very professional
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 November 2014
Not very professional company. Not easy to work with. Supervisors are not knowledgeable and always depends on second hand information. Management does not know what the management means.
Excellant
OTL Licensed agency assistant, customer care (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2015
Great boss to work for enjoyed staff and policies. great vacation time sick day. Incentives and growths are always great with the company.
Customer Care Agent
Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2014
As a customer care agent for Allstate Insurance I am required to go into the system database every morning and login into our system. There it gives me a list of clients to call during my work day and review their insurance coverages and inform them of any gaps of coverage, I also call clients regarding payments, add new drivers onto clients policys, write new policies, emailing clients, working in a professional manner, and supplying excellent customer service.

The hardest part of my job is it is very face paced, learning to keep up was an experience but I have managed to create a balance for my days.
This company has allowed me to grow in many different ways as it allowed me to challenge myself .
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ont4 December 2011
The company was a high volume environment. I handled light office duties to simple coverage changes. I was provided all the necessary base trainning that was required (as I had no previous insurance knowledge). I was mentored by several managers who assissted in my growth.The managers that I dealt with had manerism and were very approachable.
The company was fair and accomodating. They provided bonuses and incentives.
Had I not moved I would have continued my employment with them.
Nice place to work
Jr. Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
One of the best healthy working environments that I have ever seen where both employees and employer do care about each others.
Your manager can make or break your experience
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2013
Terrible manager, was never satisfied with the efforts of the employees. Bonus were hard to achieve, work life balance suffered. office was over-staffed.
Great working with Allstate
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 November 2013
Good working environment. Had great learning experience. good pay to start with less benefits though.
Work life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2013
Work life balance is good and it is a great place for working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.