Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Good Company to work For
Senior Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 April 2017
Allstate is a good company to work for. They give you opportunities to make a great income, while providing tools to succeed. Allstate has a strong company culture that provides you with a good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Education, Comp Structure
Awesome
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 March 2017
It is an awesome company. Helpful and very throe in their training. I feel confident with what I am able to and I know that I will provide customers with an amazing experience.
Great place to work.
Market Performance Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 March 2017
My current manager is not my preferred type of boss. He replaced a great manager, so it is easy to see where he lacks skills. The upper management are wonderful. Allstate has a great work from home commitment. Allstate has a great benefit package and cares about their employees. I am on the JHSC, United way team, 1st aid team and the health and wellness team. Allstate is aware that a 'work / life' balance is key to a happy employee.
Pros
Amazing VP's and Directors
Cons
Managers should take note of higher management performance and try to mimic
Overall a Good company
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2017
Busy high pace job
multi tasking
3 weeks paid vacation
wonderful managers
pay needs some work-low pay bracket in my opinion
great lunches and breaks
no mico managing
they push you and educate you on a monthly basis
Pros
great company overall
Cons
low pay bracket with the workload
great company
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Good company to work with
Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 January 2017
It was a Contact Centre, most of the interaction on the phone. I prefer working face to face with customers. Good training provided.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Prefer face to face interaction
Was my first job experience as a QA.
Junior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
This is where I started my QA career, work was sometimes hectic but I got to learn a lot. The co-workers were nice and friendly and the project manger was good. Work load was more but still had fun.
A good work life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
This company really values their employees in career development and maintaining a proper balance in life, allowing flexible work from home hours and providing health and wellness programs.
Great Employees--not much traffic in the Office
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON9 November 2016
A typical day at work for a new advisor is 100% cold calling. To be honest it was a struggle day after day--I was advised that there would be a fair bit of inbound and in office traffic which was not the case. I learned how this industry works and how employees are expected to succeed.
I wasnt able to find an enjoyable part of the job other than the conversations with co-workers--I was advised it was coming but every month turned out to be the same disappointing result.
Cons
Long Hours--Outbound calling
very cut throat industry
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2016
The job requires going into public and begging people to get quotes. Or you can cold call all day. There is alot of favoritism within the organization when it comes to honest and dishonest employees.

Hardest part of the job is hitting sales targets without being dishonest.
Pros
freedom
Cons
ultimatums, sell or be fired
My average day
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 November 2016
A Typical day looks like,getting in the morning checking emails, going threw schedule making sure appropriate coverages is there, going threw any claims that need to be handled, and making sure my speed sheets all line up that we balance and revenues are better then normal. co workers are like family some hate work and some love it you take the good with the bad. It all evens out, the hardest part of my day is when i can not find a solution for a client even with the best of efforts, maybe they don't come within our guide lines and we have to deny claims or deny coverage. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i have finished all my work and I can help my co workers out if they need or jump into bosses office to work on our bigger projects. management in okay seems to me no one is on the same page.
Pros
well kept building
Cons
company seems to not care to much about front line staff
Excellent management with lots of room to grow
Sales Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 October 2016
Allstate is the best company I have ever worked for. The management appreciate your work effort and provide necessary training and guideline to help me developing my role. Flexible work from home policy and friendly environment.
Pros
Learn and grow, professional development.
Cons
cannot think any
enjoyable and busy
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
Taking calls from clients for updates to their policies - such as changes requiring new Liability cards, issuing claims experience letters or Confirmation of Insurance letters. Doing Renewal calls and reviewing their coverage's with them to ensure they have the correct coverage available. I have learned a lot about Property policies - most of my career dealt with Auto but now I know what is involved in property and how the Sales Office is handled. My manager and co-workers are always there to help, it is a great team and I enjoy going in to work. I usually get in early and always leave later than I should - this is mostly due to the hours. I like to make sure the days works is complete and if not, than I will go in early to complete before the phones start ringing. The hardest part about the job is not having the time to make the renewal calls I want to get done this is because it is an extremely busy office and the phones don't stop but I enjoy dealing with the customers and we are opened on Saturdays which tends to be very quiet so I can get Renewal calls done then.
Only good if you becomd friends with managers
Auto Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 September 2016
No matter how hard you work or how well you do you will only get ahead if you become friends with managers,getting any sort of promotion depends on who you know not on what you know.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, lack of support
Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability. Used consultative selling techniques to provide leads for telesales personnel.
Long hours, high expectations
Sales (Current Employee) –  Gta25 August 2016
Expectations and plan is very unattainable, unless you want to put in lots of hours.

Not a good balance of job and personal life.

Average life span of a sales agent - 1 year
Productive environment
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Allstate provides the tools to become successful. They reward hard work and determination with appropriate benefits and compensation. Overall Allstate was a very rewarding place of employment.
Nice local opportunity
Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario Agency21 August 2016
The initial training was robust, salary and benefits are fair. The job is challenging and engaging, and management does a good job promoting a team environment. The hours can be a challenge at times and technology is a work in progress, overall I'd say it's good, not great, but working to progress as an organization.
Career take off
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
My first job in the corporate world. A good learning path and also the firm helped me to groom myself for the role of a BA. Good team members who always encouraged me to provide new business ideas.
No agent stays long
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury26 April 2016
This is an archaic sales organization with delusions that they have a better product. If you aspire to telemarketing please apply as the axiom of 100 calls a day to get 5 quotes for a single sale is an adhered metric.
Pros
Money is there if you want
Cons
Uninspired management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.