Allstate Insurance

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, excellent work life balance, great management
Business Development Agent (Current Employee), Courtice, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: autonomy on the job
Cons: Turning away business
A typical day at work consists of touching base with referral sources and COI's, completing some prospecting for new business, servicing and managing existing policies for clients and preparing quotes for new business.
There is always something new to learn weather it has to do with specific risk management or ever changing market trends.
Management is great, very personable, allowing for great work life balance.
My co-workers are excellent, hard working and team players.
The hardest part of the job is turning away business that does not meet the company guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance it allows for.
small work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
As I worked in a small work environment, it was a simple balance. There were four people in the office and we worked together with all of the company's policies and procedures
lacks opportunity for advancement
Business Development Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: income potential is big
Cons: lacks opportunity for advancement
Unless you are part of the inner circle advancement is very hard. Experience or Leadership doesn't seem to matter with this organization.
Allstate was an okay Company to work for
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my team, although management was always coming and going.
we never knew if Allstate location was shutting down
My manager was unhappy and not helpful
disorganized company
Excellant
OTL Licensed agency assistant, customer care (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 8, 2015
Great boss to work for enjoyed staff and policies. great vacation time sick day. Incentives and growths are always great with the company.
Nice place to work
Jr. Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
One of the best healthy working environments that I have ever seen where both employees and employer do care about each others.
Good company to work
Business Development Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Its a good place to work with excellent support for education and the company is growing fast.
very fun place to work but the sales pressure can be challenging sometimes
Compensation
Business Development Agent (Current Employee), Oshawa. Durham RegionJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Life and Work balance
Its a great organization to work. Fantastic Compensation structure for Sales employee. Fun Place but highly focused work environment
A workplace where every employee is engaged
Engagement Manager (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 3, 2014
Pros: every employee opinion are listened
Cons: nil
Very friendly work environment,
Adopts to change

I have
- defined & institutionalized process changes for the Testing Organization.
- Developed Skill Evaluation and Training Programs, Software Test Metrics Framework, Performance Test Strategy & related proceses
- Tool Evaluation for Functional Automation, Mobile Apps Testing etc.,
- Established Global Delivery Teams
Great working environment with consistent learning opportunities
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 1, 2014
Woking in a fast paced organization keeps you busy but has a wealth of learning experiences. Open door policy means communication with supervisors is at comfortable level. Great place with a supportive and energetic team to work with.
Friendly working environment with a mix of sales and service tasks
Business Development Agent (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: long commute
Typical work day includes dealing with new potential clients and existing clients to help them with their home and auto insurance needs.
During my time at Allstate I have achieved my OTL licence and transitioned into a Canadian working environment.
Management are approachable and honest.
The hardest part of the job keeping track of the constant change of guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting you targets at the end of each month in sales and quality.
Most rewarding place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: exciting, fun loving people, motivating team
Cons: tight schedules and deadlines
Every day was challenging since it was a new application and we had to have many interactions with the business and understand many things required by the client.

Good management team and got to learn many new tools like e-test track pro tool to update and to keep track of the bugs.
Customer Care Agent
Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2014
As a customer care agent for Allstate Insurance I am required to go into the system database every morning and login into our system. There it gives me a list of clients to call during my work day and review their insurance coverages and inform them of any gaps of coverage, I also call clients regarding payments, add new drivers onto clients policys, write new policies, emailing clients, working in a professional manner, and supplying excellent customer service.

The hardest part of my job is it is very face paced, learning to keep up was an experience but I have managed to create a balance for my days.
customer serivce and fast pace enviroment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Brampton,ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: helping customers, hour lunch
Cons: when you can not help a customer, when you can not finish your work and you need more time
I have been working for Allstate 3 years and love my job and co-workers,we have a team environment.

Working for a insurance company is hard due to you can not make
every customer happy,but trying to help and trying to get the insured what they need makes the job worth it. at the end of the day.
This company has allowed me to grow in many different ways as it allowed me to challenge myself .
Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, OntDecember 4, 2011
The company was a high volume environment. I handled light office duties to simple coverage changes. I was provided all the necessary base trainning that was required (as I had no previous insurance knowledge). I was mentored by several managers who assissted in my growth.The managers that I dealt with had manerism and were very approachable.
The company was fair and accomodating. They provided bonuses and incentives.
Had I not moved I would have continued my employment with them.
Its a great place to work you are well treated and looked after
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Strabane, ONDecember 15, 2012
Pros: constant events, dress down days charity events.
Cons: cant say i have any to put in here
Allstate is a great place the management is really approachable and helpful. If you happen to be struggling in areas they sit you down and try to work out whats going wrong and how they can work around it and help you improve. The co workers are also very good friendly helpful people. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing you helped solve the customers problem. I cant really say anything to fault this Company there very fair and always try and help where they can so you are never stuck or there is nothing the managers or colleagues don't try to help you if you find your having a problem.
Job Posting Only To Obtain Potential Candidates for Future Employment
Potentional Applicant (Former Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 18, 2012
I had applied for a position with the company in my city as the job description matched my work history, and I had worked for an insurance company (but in the life/ltd area) before. Came to the end of the interview, and found out the position was not a position - they didn't have any current openings. They were just gathering a list of potential candidates for potential future openings. Though I would have been willing to obtain the licence they eventually wanted had there been a position, I was not in the position to, nor willing to, spend the money to obtain a licence for something that I may or may not have been able to use since there was no guarantee they would have an opening any time soon.
Fun workplace, exciting
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Every day was a challenge as this was my first job as a tester.
Learned how to go about testing, learned new tools and techniques,
Management was very good, encouraging, helpful always ready to guide you.
Co-workers were very co-operative, fun
hardest part was learning planning testing activities
the most enjoyable part was got to learn many things which helped me grow as a QA consultant.
Not very professional
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 10, 2014
Not very professional company. Not easy to work with. Supervisors are not knowledgeable and always depends on second hand information. Management does not know what the management means.
Great workplace!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Required to know insurance industry I was only here for a short time period but overall it was great! Would like to know more! No complaints.
Employees