Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Only good if you becomd friends with managers
Auto Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 September 2016
No matter how hard you work or how well you do you will only get ahead if you become friends with managers,getting any sort of promotion depends on who you know not on what you know.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, lack of support
enjoyable and busy
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
Taking calls from clients for updates to their policies - such as changes requiring new Liability cards, issuing claims experience letters or Confirmation of Insurance letters. Doing Renewal calls and reviewing their coverage's with them to ensure they have the correct coverage available. I have learned a lot about Property policies - most of my career dealt with Auto but now I know what is involved in property and how the Sales Office is handled. My manager and co-workers are always there to help, it is a great team and I enjoy going in to work. I usually get in early and always leave later than I should - this is mostly due to the hours. I like to make sure the days works is complete and if not, than I will go in early to complete before the phones start ringing. The hardest part about the job is not having the time to make the renewal calls I want to get done this is because it is an extremely busy office and the phones don't stop but I enjoy dealing with the customers and we are opened on Saturdays which tends to be very quiet so I can get Renewal calls done then.
very cut throat industry
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2016
The job requires going into public and begging people to get quotes. Or you can cold call all day. There is alot of favoritism within the organization when it comes to honest and dishonest employees.

Hardest part of the job is hitting sales targets without being dishonest.
Pros
freedom
Cons
ultimatums, sell or be fired
Great place to work, excellent work life balance, great management
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON7 January 2016
A typical day at work consists of touching base with referral sources and COI's, completing some prospecting for new business, servicing and managing existing policies for clients and preparing quotes for new business.
There is always something new to learn weather it has to do with specific risk management or ever changing market trends.
Management is great, very personable, allowing for great work life balance.
My co-workers are excellent, hard working and team players.
The hardest part of the job is turning away business that does not meet the company guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance it allows for.
Pros
autonomy on the job
Cons
Turning away business
Productive environment
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Allstate provides the tools to become successful. They reward hard work and determination with appropriate benefits and compensation. Overall Allstate was a very rewarding place of employment.
Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability. Used consultative selling techniques to provide leads for telesales personnel.
Career take off
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
My first job in the corporate world. A good learning path and also the firm helped me to groom myself for the role of a BA. Good team members who always encouraged me to provide new business ideas.
small work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
As I worked in a small work environment, it was a simple balance. There were four people in the office and we worked together with all of the company's policies and procedures
lacks opportunity for advancement
Business Development Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
Unless you are part of the inner circle advancement is very hard. Experience or Leadership doesn't seem to matter with this organization.
Pros
income potential is big
Cons
lacks opportunity for advancement
Allstate was an okay Company to work for
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
I enjoyed my team, although management was always coming and going.
we never knew if Allstate location was shutting down
My manager was unhappy and not helpful
disorganized company
Compensation
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa. Durham Region5 July 2015
Its a great organization to work. Fantastic Compensation structure for Sales employee. Fun Place but highly focused work environment
Pros
Life and Work balance
Its a great place to work you are well treated and looked after
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Strabane, ON15 December 2012
Allstate is a great place the management is really approachable and helpful. If you happen to be struggling in areas they sit you down and try to work out whats going wrong and how they can work around it and help you improve. The co workers are also very good friendly helpful people. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing you helped solve the customers problem. I cant really say anything to fault this Company there very fair and always try and help where they can so you are never stuck or there is nothing the managers or colleagues don't try to help you if you find your having a problem.
Pros
constant events, dress down days charity events.
Cons
cant say i have any to put in here
Friendly working environment with a mix of sales and service tasks
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 April 2014
Typical work day includes dealing with new potential clients and existing clients to help them with their home and auto insurance needs.
During my time at Allstate I have achieved my OTL licence and transitioned into a Canadian working environment.
Management are approachable and honest.
The hardest part of the job keeping track of the constant change of guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting you targets at the end of each month in sales and quality.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Long commute
Excellant
OTL Licensed agency assistant, customer care (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2015
Great boss to work for enjoyed staff and policies. great vacation time sick day. Incentives and growths are always great with the company.
Nice place to work
Jr. Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
One of the best healthy working environments that I have ever seen where both employees and employer do care about each others.
ok place to work but...
SENIOR CLAIMS ADJUDICATOR (Former Employee) –  Markham2 December 2013
No work-life balance in AB. Very stressful, but that's the nature of this type of job.
benefits
Job Posting Only To Obtain Potential Candidates for Future Employment
Potentional Applicant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 October 2012
I had applied for a position with the company in my city as the job description matched my work history, and I had worked for an insurance company (but in the life/ltd area) before. Came to the end of the interview, and found out the position was not a position - they didn't have any current openings. They were just gathering a list of potential candidates for potential future openings. Though I would have been willing to obtain the licence they eventually wanted had there been a position, I was not in the position to, nor willing to, spend the money to obtain a licence for something that I may or may not have been able to use since there was no guarantee they would have an opening any time soon.
Fun workplace, exciting
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2013
Every day was a challenge as this was my first job as a tester.
Learned how to go about testing, learned new tools and techniques,
Management was very good, encouraging, helpful always ready to guide you.
Co-workers were very co-operative, fun
hardest part was learning planning testing activities
the most enjoyable part was got to learn many things which helped me grow as a QA consultant.
Most rewarding place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2014
Every day was challenging since it was a new application and we had to have many interactions with the business and understand many things required by the client.

Good management team and got to learn many new tools like e-test track pro tool to update and to keep track of the bugs.
Pros
Exciting, fun loving people, motivating team
Cons
tight schedules and deadlines
Good company to work
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Its a good place to work with excellent support for education and the company is growing fast.
very fun place to work but the sales pressure can be challenging sometimes