Allstate Insurance

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

very cut throat industry
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2016
The job requires going into public and begging people to get quotes. Or you can cold call all day. There is alot of favoritism within the organization when it comes to honest and dishonest employees.

Hardest part of the job is hitting sales targets without being dishonest.
Pros
freedom
Cons
ultimatums, sell or be fired
enjoyable and busy
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
Taking calls from clients for updates to their policies - such as changes requiring new Liability cards, issuing claims experience letters or Confirmation of Insurance letters. Doing Renewal calls and reviewing their coverage's with them to ensure they have the correct coverage available. I have learned a lot about Property policies - most of my career dealt with Auto but now I know what is involved in property and how the Sales Office is handled. My manager and co-workers are always there to help, it is a great team and I enjoy going in to work. I usually get in early and always leave later than I should - this is mostly due to the hours. I like to make sure the days works is complete and if not, than I will go in early to complete before the phones start ringing. The hardest part about the job is not having the time to make the renewal calls I want to get done this is because it is an extremely busy office and the phones don't stop but I enjoy dealing with the customers and we are opened on Saturdays which tends to be very quiet so I can get Renewal calls done then.
Only good if you becomd friends with managers
Auto Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 September 2016
No matter how hard you work or how well you do you will only get ahead if you become friends with managers,getting any sort of promotion depends on who you know not on what you know.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, lack of support
Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability. Used consultative selling techniques to provide leads for telesales personnel.
Productive environment
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Allstate provides the tools to become successful. They reward hard work and determination with appropriate benefits and compensation. Overall Allstate was a very rewarding place of employment.
Career take off
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
My first job in the corporate world. A good learning path and also the firm helped me to groom myself for the role of a BA. Good team members who always encouraged me to provide new business ideas.
small work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
As I worked in a small work environment, it was a simple balance. There were four people in the office and we worked together with all of the company's policies and procedures
Great place to work, excellent work life balance, great management
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON7 January 2016
A typical day at work consists of touching base with referral sources and COI's, completing some prospecting for new business, servicing and managing existing policies for clients and preparing quotes for new business.
There is always something new to learn weather it has to do with specific risk management or ever changing market trends.
Management is great, very personable, allowing for great work life balance.
My co-workers are excellent, hard working and team players.
The hardest part of the job is turning away business that does not meet the company guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance it allows for.
Pros
autonomy on the job
Cons
Turning away business
Nice place to work
Jr. Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
One of the best healthy working environments that I have ever seen where both employees and employer do care about each others.
Excellant
OTL Licensed agency assistant, customer care (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2015
Great boss to work for enjoyed staff and policies. great vacation time sick day. Incentives and growths are always great with the company.
lacks opportunity for advancement
Business Development Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
Unless you are part of the inner circle advancement is very hard. Experience or Leadership doesn't seem to matter with this organization.
Pros
income potential is big
Cons
lacks opportunity for advancement
Allstate was an okay Company to work for
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
I enjoyed my team, although management was always coming and going.
we never knew if Allstate location was shutting down
My manager was unhappy and not helpful
disorganized company
Good company to work
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Its a good place to work with excellent support for education and the company is growing fast.
very fun place to work but the sales pressure can be challenging sometimes
Compensation
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa. Durham Region5 July 2015
Its a great organization to work. Fantastic Compensation structure for Sales employee. Fun Place but highly focused work environment
Pros
Life and Work balance
A workplace where every employee is engaged
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto3 December 2014
Very friendly work environment,
Adopts to change

I have
- defined & institutionalized process changes for the Testing Organization.
- Developed Skill Evaluation and Training Programs, Software Test Metrics Framework, Performance Test Strategy & related proceses
- Tool Evaluation for Functional Automation, Mobile Apps Testing etc.,
- Established Global Delivery Teams
Pros
Every employee opinion are listened
Cons
nil
Not very professional
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 November 2014
Not very professional company. Not easy to work with. Supervisors are not knowledgeable and always depends on second hand information. Management does not know what the management means.
Great working environment with consistent learning opportunities
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2014
Woking in a fast paced organization keeps you busy but has a wealth of learning experiences. Open door policy means communication with supervisors is at comfortable level. Great place with a supportive and energetic team to work with.
Great workplace!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 September 2014
Required to know insurance industry I was only here for a short time period but overall it was great! Would like to know more! No complaints.
Salary to Low
Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2014
Salary to low for me, The Manager was great, great benefits, Great environment
Most rewarding place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2014
Every day was challenging since it was a new application and we had to have many interactions with the business and understand many things required by the client.

Good management team and got to learn many new tools like e-test track pro tool to update and to keep track of the bugs.
Pros
Exciting, fun loving people, motivating team
Cons
tight schedules and deadlines