Responsibilities will include posting the day's receipts, filing and tallying deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements. Other responsibilities will include the compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets, and the performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Energy & Stress
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Audits accounts to make sure that payments are timely, computes interest charges and codes documents for budget control.
- Prepare payroll ( ADP) and review labour distribution to ensure accuracy
- Review and coordinate with other personnel’s figures to ensure the final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Provides customer service, accepting payments or providing refunds.
- Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
- Compiles budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepares period or cost statements or reports
- Calculates costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Performs other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education is required
- CGA or equivalent or pursuing is preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in accounting required
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of ACCPAC, MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Self starter
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
Indeed - 2 years ago