Summary of Position:
Provide accurate and timely medical/scientific and technical information to external inquiring customers and consumers, contributing to optimizing drug therapy and patient outcomes with pharmaceutical products.
- Receive, triage, coordinate and/or handle inquiries received from customers (i.e. health care professionals, patients, caregivers) via the Medical Information 1-800 phone lines and all other contact points, such as email.
- Provide medical and technical information to healthcare professionals, consumers and internal staff on a wide range of products and therapeutic areas
o Search, evaluate and summarize the literature using critical judgment and professional/scientific expertise.
o Provide an accurate, timely, up to date and thorough response
o Process correspondence related to customer inquiries.
- Assist with compliance for documenting and reporting adverse drug reactions as well as product complaints
- Determines priority of incoming medical information requests and how such inquiries should be answered.
- Consults or escalates calls/inquiries to second-line team members when required
- Update and maintain documents in the Medical Information database, as required
- Maintain and develop product and therapeutic expertise in relevant area(s)
Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Information Specialist in the pharmaceutical industry or in a drug information centre.
Working Conditions and / or Job Requirements:
- Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical or Science degree
- English and French (bilingual is essential) - both oral & written.
- Ability to express medical information accurately, clearly, and succinctly
- Excellent verbal communication skills (including phone etiquette)
- Excellent written skills
- Knowledge of the medical terminology
- Team work is essential
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of IRMS database is a plus
Please also see posting at http://www.allphaseclinical.com/careers/currentopportunities.aspx