Alloy Casting is a custom stainless and steel foundry providing complex cast components along with value added services to a variety of industrial markets including oil and gas, hydro electric and water treatment. We are a privately held manufacturing company of approximately 50 employees located 20 minutes west of Kitchener-Waterloo.
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join us in an administrative / accounting role reporting to the Controller:
Payroll / AR / Health & Safety:
- Process weekly payroll including maintaining payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for all payroll related remittances including source deductions, pension, CSB’s, EHT, WSIB, etc.
- Administer company benefits
- Annual T4 preparation
- Prepare customer deposits and post cash receipts
- Collection of AR and reconciliation of accounts
- Monthly HST returns
- Month End journal entries including loan interest, heat treat hours, payroll accrual, non-financial payroll hours
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Enter pour sheets daily and distribute Daily Melt Report
- Answer incoming telephone calls when required
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
H&S - certified member of H&S committee.
- Minutes of meetings
- Schedule meetings
- Schedule shop tours and follow up on to do lists/action items
- Schedule all required training and testing - tow motor, WHIMS, crane, pulmonary and chest x-ray, etc.
- Documentation and maintenance of all training records
- Yearly evacuation/fire alarm plans
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in payroll, accounting, and health & safety procedures in a manufacturing business environment
- Preferably completion of college level accounting course(s)
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS-Word, MS-Excel
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant monthly filing requirements (source deductions, HST, WSIB and EHT)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with multiple demands and changing priorities
Alloy casting offers a competitive compensation package including group benefits and a company pension plan.
For further details and consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via email