Allnorth Consultants Limited Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with excellent management.
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC2 February 2017
A typical day at work began around 7AM and lasted about 8 hours depending on workload and urgency of tasks. I learned a lot about various construction materials and the uses thereof. A days work usually consisted of going out to local gravel pits in the morning to retrieve samples of their respective product and running laboratory tests on the samples to determine composition. Other work that varied daily included testing imported concrete samples from various local building projects and logging and storing any new samples that arrived that day. After testing, all results needed to be logged in their appropriate data/graph sheets using Microsoft Excel. Occasionally, new sheets needed to be made. The work atmosphere is excellent, with friendly co-workers and excellent management.
Pros
occasional early days work depending, excellent benefits.
Cons
occasional long hours and weekend work dependent on workload.
I worked in the mining division of Allnorth, which was new to me.
Piping designer/drafter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2015
Working at Allnorth was a great experience after having been out of the piping design field for over twenty years.
I worked directly with the senior piping designer. I was given P & ID's to draw up, then given the responsibility to design and draft the orthographic piping drawings producing the plans and elevations.
It was a great environment to work in. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Not as advertised -
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver13 February 2015
Very disappointeed with my experience at Allnorth. Company messaging completely false. The job was not as described and the staff were extremely unsupportive. The worst company I have ever worked for. Don't waste your time.
Land Survey Company
Field Technician Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova Scotia10 October 2013
Good place to work. Good interaction with co workers. The hardest part of the job was cutting with a chain saw.
Productive, not fun to work and office politics is not good.
Civil/ bridge engineer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, Ab1 December 2012
Productive company, not really fun to work with. Office politics is bad, PEng's in this company they're untouchable, even surveyors think they're better than engineers. I'm glad I'm out of there.

Not much variety of work only steel bridges around 98% of work.
Pros
pay was good with per diem on field jobs, good health benefits, always busy
Cons
long hours, office politics, to much gossiping, senior employees thinks they're better than experienced new employees.

2.6