Allied International Credit Employee Reviews

Collections officer
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 September 2016
HR SUCKS!, especially SUMMER, i cant stand her, shes not friendly, thinks shes all that when shes not, highschool dropouts u work with, uneducated HR.
Pros
Architecture of the area, easy to make friends
Cons
HR SUCKS
Productive and motivated place to work
Full Time Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 July 2016
Very fun place to work. Coming into this job, I was expecting it to be a 'for now' job, until I get enough experience to get in to a career that I wanted. I've now been working here for 6 years.
The management are amazing in knowing you have a life outside of work and if you have to leave for an emergency, they will allow it as long as you make up the hours before months end.
The best part of my job is honestly knowing that I'm making a difference in some ones life. Helping someone get back on track with their finances is really a good feeling. On the other hand, the hardest part of my job are the customers that I'm not able to help out as they may not meet the criteria for our programs we offer. Having to tell someone that I'm sorry, I cant help you at this time is heartbreaking.
Pros
Helping customers with finances
Cons
sitting all day long
If you need a job it is convenient
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 June 2016
It is a big place with tons of people to work with and meet. The management can be unorganized, lots of issues can arise depending on how you approach it. You will make your own experience there.
Pros
Meet people
Hardwork for nothing
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 June 2016
There is no room for advancement or expanding but is good between jobs. Don't work here if you don't have to. It is steady pay but the managerial staff is a joke.
A collection agency with areas for improvement
Collections Officer - Capital One MasterCard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 June 2016
Great flexibility to choose your own schedule. Co-workers are great and everyone has a mutual understanding on how stressful the job can be. Unfortunately, the salary and commission structure is on the lower end of the collection agency spectrum and management has a strong tendency to micromanage.
Productive Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Allied, it was a great place to work at and you can also work your way up. I enjoyed helping customers in financial needs and interact with my peers very well.
Account Specialist
Account Specialist/Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 May 2016
 Handling a high influx of in-bound and out-bound calls pertaining to the reconciliation and collection of delinquent and over limit accounts.
 Followed up on delinquent customers and managed collection reports.
 Superior negotiations and convincing skills and excellent tracking qualities.
 Interpreting from English into Farsi for our Farsi speaking customers.
 Managing all customer inquiries and utilize probing skills to identify customer needs.
 Maintain fiscal records by reviewing and processing invoices.
 Troubleshooting and resolving all customer satisfaction issues.
Not what it seems.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 May 2016
The only upside to this place is that you get a garunteed 40 hours, it's a good inbetweener job until you find something better or even a winter job, and most of the co-workers are great friendly people. The management at the place is beyond terrible they offer no insight on how to achieve better work results, they have there own agendas, they are very shady and two-faced, they will never hold themselves accountable, there's not one leader at the management position. The salaries are terrible for the work they expect, when asked about why they don't pay more there reason is that they put money into renovating,games room, etc. Any complaints you have will not be heard by HR or any member of management , more times then not if you stand up for yourself they'll end up building a case against you resulting in termination. Not all of them but most are rude, unapproachable, belittling, and arrogant but there are a small handful that are the complete opposite and are great people to be around. They keep you in the dark about everything pertaining the company , one day there expanding the next day there firing people to downsize, there's very little job security, you constantly have to watch your back. It's a very high school-esque environment in terms of gossip, and how they treat people of which are ADULTS. You get judged on certain metrics depending on portfolio some of which are completely out of your hands to be able to control, whether you give 100% effort everyday or give 5% everyday is something different , there is little direction or guidance as mentioned earlier the management  more... or "tl's" as there called have no idea what there doing and often times are asking the agents what to do. Theres no personal vendetta against this place or anyone in it in case that's what anyone reading this is thinking, it's just an honest opinion based off of what I've seen and experienced in this place of which other agents past or present can surely attest to.  less
Pros
Great coworkers, steady hours
Cons
Management, salary/commission, little opportunity, list can really go on
Relaxing desk job
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 April 2016
working on the phones with clients for Walmart Rewards Master Card. very stressful having to take on peoples hard situations with not putting any of your on emotions into it. Not enjoyable to be inside all day on a chair taking in stress in my opinion. I learned life is hard and nothing will be given to you, and that most people are in debt. The best thing about this place was the people very friendly and everyone is always trying to be optimistic.
Pros
close to my house, no transit
Cons
tough mentally
friendly but fast pace place
Credit Operation Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 April 2016
a typically day will be arrive on time. log in to your computer on that, which they are very strict on. then the calls are dialed automatically, and you may have inbound or outbound calls.
i have learned quite a lot working there. they provide a complete training as a credit operation agent.
the co-workers are very nice there, one of the most attractive part for working there.
the hardest part will be making your own decisions according to the situation. because every phone call is different.
Pros
friendly co worker
Cons
salary too low
Nice people to work with!
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2016
Nice people and good work culture in the office. Location is in downtown. Regular training to stay up-to-date with business rules and regulations.
Pros
flexible schedule, medical and dental insurance
Competitive Environment
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 March 2016
Similar to any collections environment, Continuously making outbound and taking inbound collections calls. Negotiation as much as allowed to help the customer relieve their debt. Always in competition with fellow employees and teams, however the team aspect is very much emphasized and acknowledged.
Overworkers
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 March 2016
Allied International Credit likes to work it's staff to the bone for just over minimum wage. The hours can be flexible depending on your department and manager and the benefits are decent, however, the job has absolutely no room to move up in the company and when there is it is based off of favouritism. The management is a joke, they try to guilt you in to doing their jobs for them. the people are nice but overall the experience is hardly to die for.
Pros
Stable on time pay
Cons
Expects more than they pay for
Excellent people I learned a lot from them.
Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 February 2016
I had fun working there. I missed them all.
Excellent CEO, Senior Managers and Coworkers
I learned a lot from them. Overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
Good people. Good boss. Payment was not bad.
Cons
They should change the building and move to better office.
A fun and comfortable work place with very friendly co-workers
collections agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2016
Working at Allied International Credit was an amazing experience. I am very upset with the fact that I had to leave Allied because of personal issues but if I had the chance again I would most definitely apply for a job again.

Everyday was pretty much the same. Same friendly and fun people, but the people we encountered on the phone were always a surprise. When you got frustrated or upset and didn't know what to do, the managers were always there to help.
Good entry level job, management is poor
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2016
Very good company to work for. It teaches you a lot about your finances and how the credit bureau works. The management in some departments is VERY bad. Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to be around. This is a sit-down-at-your-desk-your-entire-shift type of job which is suitable for some, not so much for others. The turnover rate is extremely high as collections is a very iffy business. Allied hires EVERYONE, as long as you're competent. The pay sucks and the commission is only good if you work in certain departments. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Collections Officer
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2016
Not a bad job a lot i have learned from allied international credit, About financed the ( Fair Debt Collections Practises Act.) FDCPA.
Met alot of great people also is its a very good work environment with all the new people you meet.
The worst job you could ever work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 November 2015
The hours suck. You work in a high school like environment where all people do is gossip, and people are extremely two faced. The management is exactly like the regular employees, except they butt-kissed a little more than the regular employee to get where they are.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours
Cons
Co-workers, hours, and pay.
Great people but awful company to work for.
Floor Supervisor/Collector (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 November 2015
Great people and fabulous work environment but the company was AWFUL, terrible pay and commission structure, little to no advancement opportunities especially for females.
Cons
Long shifts
Good first job
A/R Representative for Rogers Inc. (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 September 2015
Allied provided the skills I needed to be able to talk to any individual and definitely allowed me to be a better negotiator. The people working were great to hang out with but I wouldn't want to work here for more than a year.

2.7