Allianz Group Employee Reviews

Excellent job culture and environment
Claims Inquiry Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Great place to work. Management listens to employees and genuinely cares about the service they provide. Great location and working conditions. Highly recommended
Productive Workplace with noted downsides
Emergency Assistance (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2017
Got fired for being sick--with documentation. Given my walking papers, not allowed to go pick up any of my stuff, then escorted out the other side of the building from where employees park. I had to walk around the entire building in the rain, in early April.
Pros
Occasional free food, friendly TLs, Lots of support and training, good training incentives/tuition reimbursement
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, ever-changing schedule, will not observe religious days of rest, difficult to get time off work for holidays
"Cut throat company"
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
There is absolutely no job security in this company. Management is not supportive in your needs unless you are a tenured agent. The money is good but there is no guidance. The training is not up to par and you're "thrown" into the position without proper training to do the very complex job.
Productive and Fun place to work in
Front line assistance associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 February 2017
I worked for Allianz Global Assistance 7 years, I loved the time and the people I worked with. I decided to upgrade my academic skills and went back to school, I am currently looking forward to work for Allianz Global Assistance again.
Pros
Salary, stability, benefits
Cons
Fun place to work-long hours-good people.
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
A great place to work. Great people and great teams. Alot of fun yearly activities. Lots of overtime if you are willing to work it. Hard to move up within the company.
Pros
Lunches.
Cons
Advancement not based on experience/job performance.
Potluck lunches
Case Manager - ON (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 June 2016
Great staff and management. Call Centre atmosphere, and a number of different shifts. The training is excellent, and I found most people helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in an emergency situation. Hardest part is constant monitoring, micro management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Constant changing of shifts
very competitive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Nice company to work for but a bit imposing in terms of adapting to the culture of companies it merges with. It has a global reach and I appreciate the Google-like atmosphere it imposes, however, I find the adaptability a bit lacking or trying hard at best.
Balanced work plae
Underwriter - Personal lines (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 April 2016
Very good company to work for. Offered good work work life balance.
Typical work day 8:3-4:3. Management style was very open door and welcoming. Coworkers worked as teams and were collaborative. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with customer demands. Most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Extended hours
Hard work pays off
Emergency Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Welcoming and comfortable environment. Everyone works as a team to get things done. Supervisors are always available to answer any questions or provide assistance if needed.

Company advancement is encouraged.
comfortable company to work for
Bi-lingual Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 February 2016
Good company to work for, salary on the higher-end for the position worked, good benefits and perks. Management is very respectful of employees which makes the difference. Good training offered.
Pros
benefits, perks, salary
Cons
big corporate company with corporate mentality
One of the best jobs i've ever had!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2016
The people you work with, hands down some of the best people to ever know, I'm glad to call them friends.

Management though on the other hand, either you were in their clique or kept to yourself then they would have no worries about letting you go.

Job security not so much, got released after working there 15 months because I wasn't a "fit" but after making the company a large amount of money and winning multiple customer service awards that doesn't matter I guess.

I would recommend this job because the associates are some of the best people you'll ever meet, but you'll have to rub shoulders with management.
Pros
People you work with and the pay
Cons
job security
insurance company with a positive attitude, and negative news
Assistants Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 November 2015
Allianz was a great company to work for. the employees were typically pretty upbeat people and their was a definite friendly atmosphere. The company did all it could to ensure that their employees were happy and enjoyed being there. they would often do things like free lunches, give always, draws and had a well established event comity. They also had great benefits for those whom stayed on longer than 6 months. However, everyday you are giving negative news to clients. Telling them that they aren't eligible for their medical claim. The hardest part was saying no to the people who desperately need it. In most countries you have to pay out of pocket for medical treatment (if billing cant be arranged) and it can be in the tens of thousands for an emergency stay. Most people don't have that kind of money to spend.
Pros
free lunches, events, draws, friendly atmosphere
Cons
denying the claim
Very formal workplace with great perks
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D26 October 2015
Great experiance working for such a large global company. Was in close contact with customers from all over the world and was integrated into a highly skilled team from Ireland and Germany.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Became repetitive
The most enjoyable part of my job
Bilingual Emergency Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing after a hard days work that I made a difference in someone`s life and that they are happy because of it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
working late
Productive and positive work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 October 2015
- Friendly work environment
- Call center environment
- Assisted those traveling and needing medical treatment or advise
- provided referrals to both hospitals and clinics all around the world
- hardest part of the job was the long hours (Overtime, night shifts, stressful calls)
- I have a passion for helping people, and enjoyed working with both my colleagues and clients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, over time
good culture and room for advancement if you are willing to put in the work
Director Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2015
Great place to work. I have no complaints. I was able to work my way up the ladder from an entry level position to the director level in a relatively short period of time. This is a company that is always looking to improve on itself. I liked the fact that Allianz always put the customer first.
Pros
Customer centric - a place you could be proud to work at
Cons
a lot of red tape to get things accomplished (process, policy changes etc)
fun workplace, good people and very good trainning!
Frontline Agent IMP Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB2 June 2015
Regular days are 8 hours on the phone taking calls for either preparing a couple soon to be going on a trip, to trying to arrange billings with the hospital in Germany for the grandmother who was visiting her daughter for 2 weeks. I've learned how to read flip charts for every different insurance policies, learned how to interact with translators as this company works all around the world. Hardest part of the job would have been to try to understand everything through a miss connecting phone. And of course the best part is to help people when in need.
Pros
lots of over time to offer
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 November 2014
Busy environment learn how to look at data and make decisions based on statistics presented to you. we work with
minimal supervision, this job is a team effort we have to depend on each others judgement and knowledge, the hardest part of job is having confidence in our judgement and decision and making sure we are accurate 100% of the time,
Fun and Respectable Company and Workplace to go to everyday
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2014
Fast paced and tight on deadlines. Must exceed on fine detail as reviewing of multi insurance policies.
Management more tuned in on numbers over associate well being however in today's market productivity means higher levels on all aspects which means more numbers more positive outcome
Hardest part of job is ensuring all information is accurate and that al procedures and guidelines have been met to process an out of country medical claim
Pros
Monthly Lunches, Flex Time
Cons
Distance of Travel
Friendly and professional environment
IT Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D11 September 2014
Great benefits package, salary could have been better as there was a pay freeze during my time there.

Best part of the job was the staff and overall happiness.
Pros
Discounted Insurance, Subsidized lunch, free coffee
Cons
Not much advancement available in IT Dept

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Group. Our community is ready to answer.