Allianz Group

Allianz Group Employee Reviews in Canada

very competitive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Nice company to work for but a bit imposing in terms of adapting to the culture of companies it merges with. It has a global reach and I appreciate the Google-like atmosphere it imposes, however, I find the adaptability a bit lacking or trying hard at best.
comfortable company to work for
Bi-lingual Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Good company to work for, salary on the higher-end for the position worked, good benefits and perks. Management is very respectful of employees which makes the difference. Good training offered.
Pros
benefits, perks, salary
Cons
big corporate company with corporate mentality
One of the best jobs i've ever had!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 21, 2016
The people you work with, hands down some of the best people to ever know, I'm glad to call them friends.

Management though on the other hand, either you were in their clique or kept to yourself then they would have no worries about letting you go.

Job security not so much, got released after working there 15 months because I wasn't a "fit" but after making the company a large amount of money and winning multiple customer service awards that doesn't matter I guess.

I would recommend this job because the associates are some of the best people you'll ever meet, but you'll have to rub shoulders with management.
Pros
People you work with and the pay
Cons
job security
insurance company with a positive attitude, and negative news
Assistants Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 30, 2015
Allianz was a great company to work for. the employees were typically pretty upbeat people and their was a definite friendly atmosphere. The company did all it could to ensure that their employees were happy and enjoyed being there. they would often do things like free lunches, give always, draws and had a well established event comity. They also had great benefits for those whom stayed on longer than 6 months. However, everyday you are giving negative news to clients. Telling them that they aren't eligible for their medical claim. The hardest part was saying no to the people who desperately need it. In most countries you have to pay out of pocket for medical treatment (if billing cant be arranged) and it can be in the tens of thousands for an emergency stay. Most people don't have that kind of money to spend.
Pros
free lunches, events, draws, friendly atmosphere
Cons
denying the claim
Very formal workplace with great perks
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DOctober 26, 2015
Great experiance working for such a large global company. Was in close contact with customers from all over the world and was integrated into a highly skilled team from Ireland and Germany.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Became repetitive
The most enjoyable part of my job
Bilingual Emergency Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing after a hard days work that I made a difference in someone`s life and that they are happy because of it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
working late
Productive and positive work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 6, 2015
- Friendly work environment
- Call center environment
- Assisted those traveling and needing medical treatment or advise
- provided referrals to both hospitals and clinics all around the world
- hardest part of the job was the long hours (Overtime, night shifts, stressful calls)
- I have a passion for helping people, and enjoyed working with both my colleagues and clients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, over time
good culture and room for advancement if you are willing to put in the work
Director Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have no complaints. I was able to work my way up the ladder from an entry level position to the director level in a relatively short period of time. This is a company that is always looking to improve on itself. I liked the fact that Allianz always put the customer first.
Pros
Customer centric - a place you could be proud to work at
Cons
a lot of red tape to get things accomplished (process, policy changes etc)
fun workplace, good people and very good trainning!
Frontline Agent IMP Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBJune 2, 2015
Regular days are 8 hours on the phone taking calls for either preparing a couple soon to be going on a trip, to trying to arrange billings with the hospital in Germany for the grandmother who was visiting her daughter for 2 weeks. I've learned how to read flip charts for every different insurance policies, learned how to interact with translators as this company works all around the world. Hardest part of the job would have been to try to understand everything through a miss connecting phone. And of course the best part is to help people when in need.
Pros
lots of over time to offer
Fun and Respectable Company and Workplace to go to everyday
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Fast paced and tight on deadlines. Must exceed on fine detail as reviewing of multi insurance policies.
Management more tuned in on numbers over associate well being however in today's market productivity means higher levels on all aspects which means more numbers more positive outcome
Hardest part of job is ensuring all information is accurate and that al procedures and guidelines have been met to process an out of country medical claim
Pros
monthly lunches, flex time
Cons
distance of travel
Poor managed company, poorly paid, good benefits, many very lovely people
RN case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 3, 2014
12hr shifts vary in start times. Not everyone is required to work nights, which then requires other people to work extra nights. The process are inefficient, which is the most difficult part of the job. the inefficiency creates unnecessary additional work, no additional staff and at least 30% increase in work volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and many of the people I work with are simply lovely!
Cons
long hours, $15000/yr drop in pay compared with hosp nursing
Productive fun place to work in
Assistance Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 22, 2013
Great co-workers to work with. The company culture values it's workers.
Pros
loyalty
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with friendly employees
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2012
Entered claims into system with support from team members including the team leader. I learned about travel insurance and support given to clients.
Management was very supportive and approachable; encouraged employees for further advancement.
Co-workers were friendly and open to questions, provided a lot of support.
Company values are very important to employees.
Pros
free lunches, awards
Cons
can be very stressful at times
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioMarch 19, 2012
Allianz Global Assistance Canada is a great place to work. They have a great salary package which includes a great medical/dental group benefits package.