Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive fun place to work in
Assistance Associate (Contract) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 22, 2013
Pros: loyalty
Cons: long hours
Great co-workers to work with. The company culture values it's workers.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly employees
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches, awards
Cons: can be very stressful at times
Entered claims into system with support from team members including the team leader. I learned about travel insurance and support given to clients.
Management was very supportive and approachable; encouraged employees for further advancement.
Co-workers were friendly and open to questions, provided a lot of support.
Company values are very important – more... to employees. – less
do not wish too
Team Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 14, 2014
Pros: associates are great
Cons: work
typical day at work. You come in greet your associates /co workers. Review your emails. Prioritize your day. Attend meetings. Conduct Focus Sessions. Monitor calls. Always on floor to ensure associate support. Pay roll. Attendance. Monitor SLA's, AHT, ACW,ATT. Stay in contact with Command Center and IT. Take escalated calls. Email updates to department – more... and leadership.
EOD report for sales and retail. – less
Caring Company
Mastercard Service Specialist (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 11, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Friendly and caring work environment. Would highly recommend this company for anyone seeking employment.
Productive and fun place to work with cafe and gym
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great location and work atmosphere
Cons: difficult internal promotions
Great place to work, hard work but satisfying. Never a dull moment from your co-workers to you customers. Extremely faced paced.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANT
secretary (Former Employee), Madrid, MDJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and holidays
Cons: afternoon/evening job time
In the medical department of this company one typical day was managing medical assistance to policyholders who become ill or are injured overseas during their journey. Emergency medical assistance services including coordinating and conducting repatriation operations from anywhere in the world.

I learned how to manage and organize medical visit, care – more... and service, regardless of the degree of difficulty or logistics involved.

One of the most important things in this job was the cooperation with co-workers.

I can confirm that i had in this Company by far the best co-workers – less
Good company to work for
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: benefits, tuition reimbursement, experience
Cons: schedule adherence, short breaks, and constantly harrassed to do overtime
I am a claims examiner, have been with the company just around 2 years. A typical day is very busy and high stress; you have to juggle phone calls and claims. Definitely have to be good at multi-tasking and switching between tasks frequently! Management has changed quite a bit since starting with the company, but for the better. They are pretty supportive – more... but sometimes seems like they're babysitters. You're constantly monitored as to how well you "adhere" to your schedule and that affects raises and promotions. Overall it's a good company to get experience in insurance, but there's not a lot of chance for promotion. They offer great benefits and tuition reimbursement. – less
Productive but fun workplace
Financial Controller, Insurance Industry (Former Employee), Paris, (75009)October 9, 2013
Pros: salary, restaurant tickets, atmosphere, events organised by company committee, strong team spirit.
Cons: long hours
Work at Allianz Global Assistance normally begins at around 9am with a lunch break of 1 hour at 12.30. Between these times there is a solid focus in the office amoung all employees. People are always solving new problems and helping those around them to integrate and solve their problems too.
There is a friendly atmosphere within the company with events – more... often organised in in order to increase collaboration and team spirit amoungst staff. There is a focus on connecting people which increases productivity in the workplace.
People work long hours in the office sometimes leaving at 10 or 11 pm. However staff were normlly happy to do this as the rewards were high with good salary packages and a good atmosphere at work. – less
Fun
Office Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2013
Great Company makes coming to work fun. Only cons is pay, vacation and advancement seems to be base on how long you have been with the company and not how hard you are working.
Productive workplace with overall good teammates to work with
Claim Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2013
Looking for more growth where I can work more independtly. I love my teammates they are great to work with.
Fast-paced growth oriented company.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES US (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 1, 2013
Pros: good pay, great facilities
Cons: too internally focused.
Good company. US division too focused on internal management for the sake of internal management. Used to be innovative but became too cautious and lost innovative spirit.
Great co-workers and team work
Travel Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 8, 2013
Pros: beautiful new building
Cons: 2 ten minute breaks scheduled into your day
Allianz Global Assistance is a multi faceted company. We provide an array of services to our customers.

I have learned a lot from this company and enjoy being a claims examiner. We are a call center environment with a balance of phone time as well as claim time off of the phone.
Productive work enviroment
Travel Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 4, 2013
Pros: free gym, great management, great company
Cons: short breaks
Allianz Global Assistance is a great company! There are endless opportunities and career options. The management team in the travel customer service department are fabulous.
Work Environment
Asssitance Coordinator (Current Employee), CroydonFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: great team ethic, training facilities
Cons: 30min lunch break, shift pattern, management
I work for a great team who support each other daily to reach our goals and targets. The most satisfying aspect of the job is the relief customers have when we are helping them in their assistance whilst being mindful and empathetic to their situation.

The hardest part of the job is the shift pattern and the expectation of perfection from management – more... occasionally. – less
Best culture ever. My department was so flexible.
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Great company to work for. They try to be fair. Some jobs are based on a contract with a client, though. The security of the job is based on whether the client renews the contract. Not all departments are like this, though. I gained a lot of experience and had great co-workers. We all got laid off in our area, though. I will always remember this company. – more... Management really seemed to care about its employees. – less
Loved my job
Accounting Associate/Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: i loved my job.
Cons: started with a flexible schedule and management discontinued it.
A typical day at work was timed job duties. I had three timed duties to complete by noon.
I learned a lot about credit cards and credit card adjustments.
My co-workers were nice people to work with. We worked as a team.
I have no comment on the management team.
My job was not hard. It was just extremely challenging.
The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was helping other people or customers. – less
Good coworkers, job security not so good
Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 22, 2012
It is a call center environment. We take inbound calls assisting Blue Crss Blueshield members who are traveling internationally. We process emails from hospitals overseas and from customers who are needing assistance as well. We also provide concierge services for AAA, Visa, Jet Blue, and AGA Travel Insurance. I have learned how to multitask and transition – more... to different topics quickly and seamlessly to provide assistance in a timely manner for different types of clients.

My management teams has been great to work with. They are easily approachable and try to provide assistance to us with enthusiasm. – less
Fast-paced, high energy, fun environment
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 21, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work here. I love seeing their smiling faces each and every day. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with disgruntled customers and having to follow/adhere to your schedule closely. A typical day involves coming in and taking calls from cardholders.
Productive and fun place to work
International Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 13, 2012
Pros: flexibility; culture
Cons: layoff
AGA is an awesome Global company. You will find all kinds of great people from all over the world. Very exciting workplace with a nice sense of style.
Productive fast paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: cafe, personable skills, career opportunities.
Cons: short breaks
Shift starts at 10 A.M. and ends at 6 P.M. It is a 7.5 hour shift with two ten minute breaks and one thirty minute breaks. Not long enough for someone who has been sitting for hours at a time.

I have learned to be more personable, and how to explain things more clearly in multiple ways , improved in multitasking. Learned how to delight customers and – more... be professional on the phones.

Management lets their employees know the bare minimum. Some managers will greet one employee by name and not even look the employee right next to them.

Co-workers are the only reason I am currently still at Allianz. Co-workers really know how to work as a team and coach each other.

The hardest part of the job is being given different information by supervisors and management. So much different information is given that not everyone is trained the same.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to delight a customer and make their day a little brighter and knowing that I helped one more person in the world. – less