AllianceOne

AllianceOne Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love to Travel
TRAVELING MEDICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 19, 2014
Now known as NFV HealthCare Group. Lots of traveling. Great company to work for.
Everyday brings challenges and obstacles that allow you to develop as a manager.
Collection Supervisor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours at times.
Cons: no traveling.
I manage up to 14 agents so it's very important to get to work an hour earlier than my agents. I pull the necessary reports and have them on my agents desk so when they get in we can get the day going. The next 8 hours consists of me following up with agents after calls, attending meetings to see where we are progressing against our competitors and – more... pulling hourly reports to see agents production.

The hardest part of my job is having all my agents have success on a monthly basis, it is consistent throughout the office to have agents that do well some months and struggle other months. It is also one of the enjoyable areas of the job, getting agents to come back from tough months. The most enjoyable parts of my job is the people that I work with, I work with some really good people that work very hard. – less
Agent
Debt Collector (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 24, 2014
Call people daily and try and get them to pay their bills.
Co-worker are good
Getting yelled at by people over the phone doesnt always help
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORPLACE
Collection Agent (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 17, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK GREAT BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION COOL SUPERVISORS CO-WORKERS ARE TEAM PLAYERS MAKE MONEY ALLDAY
Don't Work Here
Transfer Agent (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: terrible pay, disorganized management, shady atmosphere
I worked in collections for several years so I knew what kind of job I was getting into when I was hired at Alliance One.

The thing is regardless of your experience, all new hires are started off as a transfer agent. That is, all you do is take inbound calls and transfer calls out to the actual commissions-based collectors. The job pays barely above – more... minimum wage and it can get really boring and repetitive because that is all you do 8 hours a day.

Hardest part of the job was learning how to use their old, non-user friendly DOS-based software. So many codes to memorize and it's very easy to make mistakes if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Training is 2 weeks and is probably the most disorganized training program I have ever been in. No communication and you are constantly jumping all over the place to the point where once you are on the floor, you are so confused as to what to do and you get no support from management whatsoever.

They assign you "mentors" (who are paid extra to mentor you) to spend 15-30 min a day with you to make sure you are getting everything right. My so-called mentor spent like 5 min a day just watching me take a call or 2 then would just walk away without saying anything. Total waste of time.

They claim they reimburse for tolls but my first paycheck told me otherwise.

Office environment is like high school. Management and employees both will openly admit that to all new hires too. Alot of bullying and condescending behavior towards people.

I quit after 3 weeks. Not a very comfortable nor professional environment. – less
Fast paced learning experience
Court Specialist (Former Employee), CAJanuary 20, 2014
Working at AllianceOne was always fast paced if you were involved with the courts. I've learned and lot dealing with the public and with the clerks. The hardest part of my job is when there is no teamwork. Teamwork is key.
Debt Collection Agent (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 26, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
It can get difficult and competitive, but if you are competitive, it can actually be fun."
Cheek to cheek like cattle
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNAugust 16, 2013
Pros: decent co-workers and thriving company
Cons: live to work expectation
A 200 calls per hour expectation and management with little or no care for your outside life. Live to work. Pay is okay but not worth the price you pay out to be employed there. A relatively ghetto-fabulous environment with little concern for professional appearances in regard to their employees. It is a light hearted atmosphere with nice people, but – more... it is also cut-throat. The seating situation leaves a lot to be desired as you are cheek to cheek with your co-workers. There is little to no privacy and your desk space is minimal. Basically just a computer and a phone. – less
DO NOT WORK HERE
Debt Collector (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 21, 2013
Pros: nothing good
Cons: management is terrible
This is a terrible place to work, DO NOT WORK HERE!!! They treat you like garbage they make it known that they can get rid of you and find someone else, If you dont make tons of money you will be gone, and after 30 days of hire they are so cheap and they wont pay unployement so they will try and get you to leave, Everything about the job is hard because – more... they never tell you anything good its all bad, and its really shady the managment, So like I said dont work here not a good place to work if you count on a job. – less
Collection Agency
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Maumee, OHOctober 8, 2012
Pros: the hours are good. i work monday thru friday 8-5.
Cons: very little raises.
I have worked here for 8 years now. I started out as a Collector, Skip tracer and now a Receptionist and HR assistant. I also help in recruiting and training. I sit in front of a window and take care of candidates for employment, employees and vendors. I file,answer the phones,take care of all training materials and any faxes that come in. The hardest – more... part of my job is this job can be a 10-12 hour job and I work 8. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my co-workers with things they need. – less
Fun , interactive work environment
Collection Agent (Current Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 21, 2012
Pros: good pay, performance based work environment.
Cons: sitting down for long periods of time.
Collecting on accounts that are delinquent and making sure that they get paid. I learned how to set goals for myself. Supervisors are always giving you one on one time to make sure your doing your best and giving you tips on how to succeed. Co-Workers are very helpful and fun to get along with.
Comfortable work place
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 4, 2012
Inbound and outbound calls... about 300 daily. Set up payment options for consumers.
AllianceOne was a great place to work.
Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAMay 10, 2012
Pros: the people and environment.
Working at AllianceOne was great, the people are wonderful for the most part, and theres always room to move up. A typical day at work was sitting at my desk answering calls, helping customers. The hardest park was when customers got angry and I had to get them to calm down. The most enjoyable part was that everyone in the office worked so well together.