ALLIANCEONE INC

ALLIANCEONE INC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My day at Alliance One
Collections Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 7, 2015
I work in a team related environment. Taking inbound or making outbound calls to consumers to work with them on resolving their debts. We focus on integrity, respect, professionalism and showing the consumer a path forward. Weekly meetings are organized to ensure any changes that may take place regarding changes in FDCPA laws or company policy. Skip trace tools are used to locate consumers at a current place of residence or telephone number. Third party contact and pumping for information is also a utilized tool of skip trace. We focus on pure customer service rather than collections as we build rapport with the consumers making them feel as they have control of their own lives and situations while still maintaining the enthusiasm and persuasiveness to move them in the right direction. We are monitored closely on our quality assurance throughout the work day. I would say the hardest part of the job would be working through the struggling seasons such as summertime and holidays. I enjoy working with people and being involved in bonus related incentives.
Productive and fun
Collector (Former Employee), Anderson, INJuly 23, 2014
Pros: monthly meetings with the entire building to make sure we met our quotas, one hour lunches
Cons: getting cursed out by the clients
I enjoyed this job. Like other jobs, I moved up quickly. However, I had to leave due to me not having childcare. The management was nice and fair for the most part. The job description was easy to catch on to. I also enjoyed mentoring the new hires, because I made them become as good as of collector as I was.
Nice overall
Customer Service Representative/Collections Clerk (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: retail
Love this company, Fun to work for. Easy going and friendly.
productive and clean environment
collection agent (Former Employee), Montego Bay Jamaica W.I.July 17, 2013
Pros: free health care, free shuttle bus, lunch money
Cons: short breaks
Allianceone inc. is a competitive and clean environment to work strictly business environs and managers that push you to give your best
They had a great work-out room you could use at any time for only $5 a month.
Supervisor, Utility Collection (Former Employee), Maumee, OhioSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: the commission checks.
Cons: nights, week-ends and holidays.
I also loved being a collection supervisor. My best quality in the position was training. When you have been in the business for as long as I have then it becomes second nature to you. A friendly helpful collector is what has always worked for me and that is the way I trained. The collectors I trained would all become quite successful also and would branch out in the company. It was great satisfaction.
Emotionally draining
Account Manager (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 7, 2012
This job requires a very thick skin as the people you have contact with do not want to be contacted