Alliance

Alliance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Too far
Export Operations (Former Employee), Feltham, ENGJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: travel
Was made redundant from Global Logistics so went to work at Alliance. I was responsible for consols to Australia and Dubai. Ready to take on more work but was not issued any. Decided to leave as not happy there, travelling to and from work was a nightmare.
Hardest part of job was getting some more responsibility so felt unfulfilled with job and co-workers
Great employer
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: awesome job
Great place to work. I have been here about 5 years and have no complaints. I am just looking for supplementary income at this time.
Good place to work and very flexible.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 30, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches and vacation time
Cons: n/a
In my time of being with Gateway/Alliance, they are a company that is willing to help in any way they can. They realize that you have family and things happen. I love the fact that they have been so flexible and always makes sure that your kids come first. I have some amazing co-workers and we all look out for each other. There is great management and they show they care about their employees. Hardest part of the job is having to watch our foster kids go from home to home because their parents couldn't be responsible.
purpose filled job
Licenced Foster Parent for Special needs children (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 12, 2014
very good teamwork and excellent managment team.looking out for the best interest of children
good work experience
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Greenville, ALOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the checks were good
Cons: it was hot, i needed some insurance but never got it. my "assignment" ended 2 weeks after my 90 days.
I enjoyed working for Alliance at Smart Alabama LLC. It was 12 hours a day and sometimes 7 days a week. I liked my boss which worked for Guyoung Tech. We worked great together and it was a fast paced work area so the 12 hours mostly went by fast. The hardest part of the job was it was working in the heat. There was no air and was terribly hot. My co-workers were amazing. There was some drama filled days but most days were like you was with your family. I made some life long friends because of this job.
pretty good work enviornment and people
Waiter (Former Employee), AtlantaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: half off of any thing you buy in the bistro
Cons: some events youll need a car
the best part of this job is that even though it is fast paced it is a pretty relaxed place to work.
Challenging along with a lesson,,
Assistant Facilities Director (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
A great place to work with some of the best carpenters in the area.....
Fun work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 13, 2014
A typical day at work started with me cleaning windows and taking out trash. Followed by maintaining the cleanliness of common areas and watering plants. I learned how to maintain a good pace and get work done at the same time. All my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the move-ins that happened every few months. The most enjoyable part of the job was making things look nice and presentable.
Excellent company giving all the benefits to all employees and salaries on time
Head Chef (Former Employee), PO Box 2034 BOROKO NCD, Papua New GuineaJune 9, 2014
Pros: a good and safe house provided for each employees, free meals and laundry
Cons: 12 hours of work
Work as Head Chef in an oil refinery in Papua New Guinea under The Alliance Group Limited. It is a catering business and I've learned a lot , cooking foods from a very a large number of people working, I can work under pressure.I love nothing better than the satisfaction of creating something fresh, exciting and delicious. We have a good employee-employer relationship and I could say nothing against my superiors. We are working as a team with one objective that is to give our best in order to satisfy our clients.
Hard worker and a quick learner
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee), HarareJune 5, 2014
-The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up with new clients.
-The hardest part of the job was not being able to understand the exact client requirements. Thus not delivering the correct package to the client that does not work exactly as they want it to.
A day in pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Derby, ENGMay 31, 2014
Pros: not having to work weekends
Cons: having to work to 6.30 every night.
Daily prescriptions, organising MUR appointments, stock control, ordering repeat prescriptions for our regular customers, and helping in the shop was the daily working routine in the community pharmacy shop.
A once a week treat of a cream cake from the local bakery, usually reserved for a day that was particularly busy, and plenty of tea and coffee on the go, as the one all ready made, was rarely drunk, due to how busy the day was.
As a team of 4 (2 full and 2 half timers) we worked well together and tried to go out for social evenings on regular occasions.
Although part of a large company, our branch was allowed to employ what ever routine we felt worked best for the shop, and our manager encourage us to offer new ideas and use our initiative. This was well received by all of the staff and I can honestly say that this was a very happy shop, that the customers regularly commented on.
productive
Collector (Former Employee), MinnesotaMay 14, 2014
Pros: payed breaks
Cons: short breaks
-no room to move up in company
-okay benefits
-job is not secure
Good team work and challenging
Mid-Level .Net Applications Developer (Former Employee), Addis Ababa, EthiopiaApril 24, 2014
Pros: easy for transportation
Cons: benefits are limited to salary and bonus
Get to work at 8:00 AM on the morning, work on my schedule of the day and start working, at 10:00 PM there would be short meeting on performance reporting and next plan. I would take lunch break at 12:00 and usually get out from office at 5:00 AM.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the lunch break with the co-workers.
Good set of drivers
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Wigan, ENGMarch 20, 2014
Pros: like working to demanding schedule
Cons: traffic sometimes slowed you down
Loading van in the morning and delivering upto 40 chemists per day
GOOD ATMOSPHERE FOR WORK
Sr. HR Executive (Current Employee), Jammu, JKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: nil
I learned from this organisation how to handle employees and their queries regarding salary or comliances.
A great family oriented company. Established and well known within the central Kentucky area.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: work atmosphere
Cons: salary/benefits
Day-to-day your on your own. Management does not micromanage your activities. They are there when needed but let you work in your own style.
Great company.
P&ID Draftsman (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
Alliance was a fantastic place to launch a career and be exposed to all facets of engineering design.
Low pay but 14 to 16 hours would help out
Surveyor (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 18, 2013
Pros: rode the bus all day and enjoyed talking with the people
Cons: low pay
Worked long hours, rode the bus all day taking surveys. First had to take a tablet to record the surveys. Did enjoy talking to the people all day. Oh had to be on the bus from start of the route to the end.
Good company to work for
Miner Operator (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVOctober 15, 2013
I go to work everyday not knowing if it will be a good productive day or not. Sometimes we run good other days we don't. Mostly depends on the crew we relieve & how they leave us. Other things that we depend on is if Equipment doesn't break down. I have learned that some things I have no control of. Which by the way can be hard to accept. Management seems to try & do there part but In reality have to depend on the people who work for them. Most people I work with are good hard workers trying to make a honest living. Hardest part of the job is when we don't have a good productive day is that hopefully I gave my best effort. Most enjoyable part is when we load good is that we helped the company strive as a successful business that day.
Working hard.
Asst. Merchandiser (Current Employee), DhakaOctober 12, 2013
Pros: free communication cost.
Cons: lunches break.
As a fresh graduate I work easily. I have learned so many things, such as buyer search, negotiation with buyer, costing, pricing, fabric, trims & accessories booking, etc. My co workers are very helpful. When my MD. sir gave me prepare costing of an order. A game between our factory vs one of the reputed buying house.