Alliance Energy Employee Reviews

its a job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 July 2017
first of all its a job. you get youre eighty hours. notorious for "laying off" employees thats are coming near 10 years, as it means a raise and extra in your pension. have to wait 5 years to get pension in the first place so chances are you will be "laid off" before then. you are always just a number and replaceable. crews are clicky. dont get much opportunity to learn if you aren't friends with a foreman or the son of a shareholder threatened with lay offs if you don't work overtime. benefits were good. have to buy youre own gloves. cheap handing out company promotional items like shirts or hats. the saying around there was get youre ticket and get out and I recommend that. huge office staff that can't win jobs to keep people working but they all keep their jobs. used to be a good place to work not anymore
Pros
bennifits
Cons
pension, you are not appreciated
Garbage Office Management
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 July 2017
Office doesnt care about you. Youre just another body out there making them an exra buck. Will do whatever necessary to line their pockets with 1 more penny regardless of loyalt hard work and dedication youve shown them. Poor job security and zero notice when job terminated.
Quality Employer
Journeyperson Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2017
Company was excellent to work for as an apprentice. My hours were submitted well and they coordinated school directly with Sask Polytech and the apprenticeship board.

Had almost no problems with anyone that I worked with. Just a shame that workload dropped to the point where I was laid off.

Would defiantly go back.
Pros
Great for apprentices
Cons
Need to wait 5 years before pension
Great Company to work for with a outstanding safety record.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK17 January 2017
Starting work at 5 pm and ending at 5 am gave you a lot of time to complete the objectives for the day. Management made sure things ran smoothly which made the experience more enjoyable. My co-workers respected each others skill sets and worked as a team.
Pros
Great money and when safety is maintained on the site, a BBQ to thank everyone for their hard work.
Cons
Cold Weather
A day at work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 October 2016
basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.
Fun
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 September 2016
Something new everyday to work on which made me look forward to working. Hours were good and the people were fun and easy to get a long and work with.
Friendly coworkers lack of job security
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2016
Great people to work with. Good quality work. High safety standards. Job security is lacking do to construction industry.
Pros
profesional, decent pay
Cons
job security
very good company to work for
Construction Electrician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 February 2016
We start every day with a safety meeting then work is assigned. Given the opportunity to perform task on our own with minimal input from management.
Managers are very helpful with information that we need to complete our task.
Great bunch of people to work with.
Good company to work for.
Meh
Journeymen Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 February 2016
The work itself is really enjoyable, good coworkers, great pay.
Management is somewhat to be desired, things don't run too smooth on that end. The big negative is job security with them. You never know when you will be laid off, even when you work your butt off trying to keep your job.
Pros
Got to learn alot of different jobs and skills in the company by working on different jobs
Cons
Terrible company when it comes to job security. You ever know when you will be laid off.
very safety oriented
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK18 November 2015
the supervision personnel were very safety conscious and understanding of the challenges of working on such a unique job site.
Productive and fun
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 September 2015
It was a work site with a lot of opportunities to learn and use my abilities and skills. Lots of people but good relations.
Pros
good relations between people
Cons
Fun place to work, good safety culture
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the crew that i worked with. We all got along very well and had a very good routine which made work a lot easier. Typical day at work started with morning meeting and stretched then we would get our duties for the day and write our task cards go to work then clean up prior to the end of the day. Management was good at times unorganized due to things such as lack of communication or not having the tools or material for the jobs when needed
Canada's largest Potash mine
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, Saskatoon15 September 2015
On site work experience was amazing. Crew members help each other in their work where ever needed. Great place to enhance skills in different trades.
good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 July 2015
I had a good experience. Met a lot of good people. Learned a lot. Lots of good electricians to learn from. Lots of different types of work
Excellent pay, thats about it
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, Saskatchewan11 June 2015
Good pay, and overall a great bunch of people to work with, not for.

Management constantly threatening employees with terminations/suspensions for minor infractions i.e a person's ear plug falling out, or wearing the wrong type of gloves for the task. The worst was people who travelled to the east coast were being written up for arriving late to work because of cancelled flights due to bad weather! Something they had no control over, and is no way related to the overall performance of a worker.

LOA was very attractive, sure you had a lot of expenses but it was all covered with your allowance.

Work was a total mess, doing this 5 and 6 times over. Things not being progressed, while things that were reported as progressed were not done at all. Days on end of doing nothing because material wasn't available, but had to look busy because you would be written up if caught not working

They didn't care though, it was a cash cow to them. They got the last laugh. It was stressful as times, and definitely raised my blood pressure, but at the end of the day we all got paid.
Pros
Excellent pay, Loa, benefits, RSP's
Cons
Cheeseburger walruses as supervisors, incompetent management
bien
Electricien (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 June 2015
Les employés de supervision avait un grand manque d'expérience de travail.
Wages and compensation for travel and LOA were great.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon Sk4 June 2015
Over all an enjoyable project to take part in. Met a lot of great people and great connections to further my electrical carrier / skill set. I enjoyed working away from home for a change of scenery, and by the end of the project I felt as if it was almost like being a second home. Now that I've tried working out west, I'd really like to continue doing so and look forward to the next employer who considers me as a valued part of there team.
Pros
Being able to enjoy dinner at a nice restaurant after work.
Cons
Not paid for the extended busing time to work, 10 hour days took 13 hours of time door step to door step.
Like walking on eggshells.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2015
I met some great people while working for Alliance @ Agrium. The Pay was great including tax free Living Out Allowance and Travel Allowance.

I found that they were poorly organized; had poor communication between Day Shift and Night Shift. Advancement would mainly depend on your close ties with management. During any safety investigations, it would seem that they would be grasping at straws to find you guilty of a safety infraction. Picking apart your Hazard Assessment book in an effort to please the PCL HSE.
Pros
Money, LOA and Travel Allowance, Retention and Completion Bonus
Cons
Disorganized, Seem to head-hunt for safety violations
Alliance Energy
apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon9 March 2015
I did not have a good experience with this company. but I am sure there are many people who did...

Showing up to work everyday was a hassle because I am a high energy individual and everyone I was put on site with seemed to always be in a bad mood.

There is a lot of bullying that goes on, first years and second years get the shaft more then not. I did not approve of the way they were treated a lot of the time.

Management is an interesting story.... I always felt like things were super unorganized and they never give you a heads up when they are wanting you to switch locations.

Best part of the job was one on one crews... if you got put with the right person
Pros
end of the day
Cons
lots of grumpy people
Good place to work with easy access to management
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon21 November 2014
I enjoyed my time there and would work for Alliance again in the future.