Alliance Energy Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with Alliance
Electrical Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan27 January 2018
Good experience, I was treated well as I was one of the Superintendents on the Agrium project. The owner met with us on a regular basis. Seemed like a genuine guy.
Good place to work in general
Electrician apprentice (Commercial/Industrial) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 October 2017
Great company to work for as an apprentice. Limited room for advancement as Journeyman. Industrial side is CLAC, commercial is non union if you were wondering
not a fun place to work
Lead hand duties (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 October 2017
the hardest part of my day would be my crew members and I hiding from safety officers that would fire you or drag you into the office for a "random" drug and alcohol screening for nothing at all.
not a bad company to work for.
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 September 2017
people are nice enough and pay is decent but no overtime kind of sucks. if your in need of a job this is a solid one but the job security is also a little iffy.
Typical large electrical company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
Their lay-off policies are questionable at best. Although their safety record is ok, their daily practices are not. Do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Fun Place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 August 2017
I've had really good experiences working with this company. There is not much negative I can say about it. I guess job security would be my only concern.
its a job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 July 2017
first of all its a job. you get youre eighty hours. notorious for "laying off" employees thats are coming near 10 years, as it means a raise and extra in your pension. have to wait 5 years to get pension in the first place so chances are you will be "laid off" before then. you are always just a number and replaceable. crews are clicky. dont get much opportunity to learn if you aren't friends with a foreman or the son of a shareholder threatened with lay offs if you don't work overtime. benefits were good. have to buy youre own gloves. cheap handing out company promotional items like shirts or hats. the saying around there was get youre ticket and get out and I recommend that. huge office staff that can't win jobs to keep people working but they all keep their jobs. used to be a good place to work not anymore
Pros
bennifits
Cons
pension, you are not appreciated
Garbage Office Management
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 July 2017
Office doesnt care about you. Youre just another body out there making them an exra buck. Will do whatever necessary to line their pockets with 1 more penny regardless of loyalt hard work and dedication youve shown them. Poor job security and zero notice when job terminated.
Great co-workers made up for terrible management
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 March 2017
Great guys and Foremans on site, excellent benefits and decent wages. Terrible management in office, will lay off loyal workers then hire back to reset lay off notices, bad communication from office to on site foreman, absolutely zero job security.
Quality Employer
Journeyperson Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2017
Company was excellent to work for as an apprentice. My hours were submitted well and they coordinated school directly with Sask Polytech and the apprenticeship board.

Had almost no problems with anyone that I worked with. Just a shame that workload dropped to the point where I was laid off.

Would defiantly go back.
Pros
Great for apprentices
Cons
Need to wait 5 years before pension

Want to know more about Alliance Energy?

Ask a question
Great Company to work for with a outstanding safety record.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK17 January 2017
Starting work at 5 pm and ending at 5 am gave you a lot of time to complete the objectives for the day. Management made sure things ran smoothly which made the experience more enjoyable. My co-workers respected each others skill sets and worked as a team.
Pros
Great money and when safety is maintained on the site, a BBQ to thank everyone for their hard work.
Cons
Cold Weather
A day at work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 October 2016
basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.
Fun
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 September 2016
Something new everyday to work on which made me look forward to working. Hours were good and the people were fun and easy to get a long and work with.
Friendly coworkers lack of job security
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2016
Great people to work with. Good quality work. High safety standards. Job security is lacking do to construction industry.
Pros
profesional, decent pay
Cons
job security
very good company to work for
Construction Electrician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 February 2016
We start every day with a safety meeting then work is assigned. Given the opportunity to perform task on our own with minimal input from management.
Managers are very helpful with information that we need to complete our task.
Great bunch of people to work with.
Good company to work for.
Meh
Journeymen Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 February 2016
The work itself is really enjoyable, good coworkers, great pay.
Management is somewhat to be desired, things don't run too smooth on that end. The big negative is job security with them. You never know when you will be laid off, even when you work your butt off trying to keep your job.
Pros
Got to learn alot of different jobs and skills in the company by working on different jobs
Cons
Terrible company when it comes to job security. You ever know when you will be laid off.
very safety oriented
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK18 November 2015
the supervision personnel were very safety conscious and understanding of the challenges of working on such a unique job site.
Ok place to work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2015
Great people i found management could be better. the industrial side seemed more unorganized than the commercial side.
Productive and fun
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 September 2015
It was a work site with a lot of opportunities to learn and use my abilities and skills. Lots of people but good relations.
Pros
good relations between people
Cons
Fun place to work, good safety culture
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the crew that i worked with. We all got along very well and had a very good routine which made work a lot easier. Typical day at work started with morning meeting and stretched then we would get our duties for the day and write our task cards go to work then clean up prior to the end of the day. Management was good at times unorganized due to things such as lack of communication or not having the tools or material for the jobs when needed