Alliance Data

Alliance Data Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
senior customer service rep (Former Employee), Columbus ,OhioJune 12, 2013
Pros: insentive, gift cards, free lunch
Cons: helath insurence
account maintenance ,new accounts, business accounts, authorization ,helped new associate with their question on through assist line
Great Place to work, and meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), columbus,ohioMay 31, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: sales
It is a great company , people a Alliance is always happy , and they have their hand out to assist you in any way
Excellent place to work.
IT Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2013
Great culture. They really care about their employees. Enjoy coming into work everyday.
Fun place to work
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 22, 2013
I was to take inbound calls and answer any questions the customer had about their account. I learned customer service skills as well as how to dea with difficult situations.
Good employes
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Pros: meet a lot of people in a short period of time.
Cons: wish it would became permanet
I enjoyed working there but it was a temp position. Very friendly people, very professional.
Agree with post on issues with ratings
Client Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 8, 2013
Pros: can be a fun company to work for
Cons: morale
Strange that when the company has had record high level performance they feel the need to give 10% of the work force no bonus or pay increase. It's the hottest topic of employees, and it's killing morale.

There was an employee who had been with the company for over 20 years and was put in the bottom 10% and then let go without any prior discussion – more... of job performance. – less
Productive and fun workplace!
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 26, 2013
Great place to work, awesome company, great employee recognition, community involvement, people. Not great scheduling options or opportunity to change schedule as promised.
Would have rated higher until ranking system
Client Sales (Current Employee), Salt LakeApril 24, 2013
Pros: used to be fun
Cons: dog-eat-dog approach due to ranking system kills teamwork.
The ranking system is really killing what used to be a fun place to work. It's also killing teamwork.

If you decide to work here be smart to negotiate a high starting salary with the expectation that you will not get a bonus or a pay increase the first year due to the ranking system. You may also be at serious risk of not getting an increase the second – more... year if you are joining a group with a lot of tenure. – less
Fun place to work,
Senior Software Quality Assurance/Team Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 16, 2013
Pros: free onsite fitness club.
Cons: not enought conference room.
Promote good health to Employees. The company is flexible but doesn't present challenges. You keep doing the same thing over and over.
productive work area
Temp clerk (Former Employee), columbus, ohApril 8, 2013
set up fraud cases, approve/deny credit card applications
fun workplace
Collections Lead (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: able to arrange time off on short notice
Cons: long hours especially if upper management
able to learn faster with the team members on site. A typical work schedule would involve very long hours.
Excitng place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2013
Pros: working as a team
Cons: layoff
Not to sure as to what took place due to my memory loss; however, given that htis was a fulltime job,I strongly believe that they must have had many oppurtunities. I possibly would have still been there had I not gone through a layoff. I must have been extremly comfortable.
Absurd rating policy hurts good employees.
Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros: until the new rating policy was a fun place to work
Cons: ridiculous rating system
As a manager, I am forced to assign 10% of my staff to the bottom level where they are assigned no merit increases and no bonus, even when I feel that those employees are doing a good job. This has really hurt the culture of the company as employees have told me that they are less likely to be team-players, out of the goal of avoiding being ranked in – more... the bottom. I have a lot of difficulty telling an employee that I have given positive feedback all year that they are now in the bottom 10%, because "someone has to be".

If an employee is not performing, that's one thing. But being forced to assign good employees to the bottom is another. I am losing good people! – less

June 4, 2013

Thank you for your honesty. I have submitted an application for employment but after reading your review, I will be very reticent to accept a position, if offered.

Work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), ohioMarch 8, 2013
It was a call center, you come in and do your job and go home. It seem like high school all over again, i like it but didnt at the same time.
Really didn't like it here
Collector (Former Employee), Westerville,OHMarch 5, 2013
Pros: dress code
Cons: the supervisors, the pay
Just a stressful environment. The company itself wasn't horrible, but the idiots I worked with made the job hell.
Lack of Work/ Life Balance & flexibility
Accounting (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2013
Great, solid company especially for those who are either entering a career or a few years into. Not a lot of flexibility when it comes to the need for time off to tend to family members - reasonable requests.

June 25, 2013

I have to agree with this review. I loved working for Alliance Data and learned a lot but could not make this long-term because of the lack of work/life balance. Resonable requests should be honored but instead, it was earth-shattering if need to leave or had to call off - even one day. Your team suffered and, was told it "did not look good."

Loved everyday job duties
Recovery Agent (Former Employee), Westerville, OHMarch 1, 2013
Was a great place to work until the split going manual and dialer teams company made sure to get opinions of to try to improve or fix any current issues
nice work evrionment with nice cafeteria along with good team environment n the workplace
Collector Associate (Former Employee), Westerville, ohioFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: flex scheduling, free parking, bonus
Cons: call quality
alliance data is good company to work for learn alot about the company who finance for alot of the major retail stores around the united states including victoria secrets. Great people to work with with very friendly place to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westerville, OHFebruary 23, 2013
sitting at my desk taking calls ans entering data
how to deal with people
nice management team
nice co-workers
Program Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2013
Alliance Data is a great place to work. They really care about their employees and place great emphasis on your growth and development within the company.

About Alliance Data

Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over – Read more