Alliance Data

Alliance Data Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 23, 2013
Absolutely terrible work environment. Management above everyone else and used underhanded tricks to fire or force people to quit. Those of us not targeted were compensated at the absolute bare minimum required by law.
Micro managed
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Westminster, COJuly 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: scheduling
The overall morals of the company are excellent. They are fun and motivating but tough when it comes to home and work balance. The managers are nice and considerate, the leads are fun. The scheduling is horrible. The attendance policy is horrible.
collections
Collection Rep (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2013
calling customers reguarding their pas-due accnt , try and get customer current so we can get that customer ,back in hte store .
This is a typicall callcenter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), WestminsterJune 17, 2013
This company has a busy season and will offer as much O.T. as you can work.
Alliance Data is a very great company to work for.
Incoming Collection (Former Employee), 8035 Quriva Rd Lenexa ksJune 17, 2013
It's a great company to work for nice and cool not up tight and can ralex on the job.
senior customer service rep (Former Employee), Columbus ,OhioJune 12, 2013
Pros: insentive, gift cards, free lunch
Cons: helath insurence
account maintenance ,new accounts, business accounts, authorization ,helped new associate with their question on through assist line
Great Place to work, and meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), columbus,ohioMay 31, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: sales
It is a great company , people a Alliance is always happy , and they have their hand out to assist you in any way
Excellent place to work.
IT Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2013
Great culture. They really care about their employees. Enjoy coming into work everyday.
Fun place to work
Sales and Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 22, 2013
I was to take inbound calls and answer any questions the customer had about their account. I learned customer service skills as well as how to dea with difficult situations.
Good employes
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Pros: meet a lot of people in a short period of time.
Cons: wish it would became permanet
I enjoyed working there but it was a temp position. Very friendly people, very professional.
Agree with post on issues with ratings
Client Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 8, 2013
Pros: can be a fun company to work for
Cons: morale
Strange that when the company has had record high level performance they feel the need to give 10% of the work force no bonus or pay increase. It's the hottest topic of employees, and it's killing morale.

There was an employee who had been with the company for over 20 years and was put in the bottom 10% and then let go without any prior discussion – more... of job performance. – less
Productive and fun workplace!
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 26, 2013
Great place to work, awesome company, great employee recognition, community involvement, people. Not great scheduling options or opportunity to change schedule as promised.
Would have rated higher until ranking system
Client Sales (Current Employee), Salt LakeApril 24, 2013
Pros: used to be fun
Cons: dog-eat-dog approach due to ranking system kills teamwork.
The ranking system is really killing what used to be a fun place to work. It's also killing teamwork.

If you decide to work here be smart to negotiate a high starting salary with the expectation that you will not get a bonus or a pay increase the first year due to the ranking system. You may also be at serious risk of not getting an increase the second – more... year if you are joining a group with a lot of tenure. – less
Fun place to work,
Senior Software Quality Assurance/Team Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 16, 2013
Pros: free onsite fitness club.
Cons: not enought conference room.
Promote good health to Employees. The company is flexible but doesn't present challenges. You keep doing the same thing over and over.
productive work area
Temp clerk (Former Employee), columbus, ohApril 8, 2013
set up fraud cases, approve/deny credit card applications
fun workplace
Collections Lead (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: able to arrange time off on short notice
Cons: long hours especially if upper management
able to learn faster with the team members on site. A typical work schedule would involve very long hours.
Excitng place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2013
Pros: working as a team
Cons: layoff
Not to sure as to what took place due to my memory loss; however, given that htis was a fulltime job,I strongly believe that they must have had many oppurtunities. I possibly would have still been there had I not gone through a layoff. I must have been extremly comfortable.
Absurd rating policy hurts good employees.
Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros: until the new rating policy was a fun place to work
Cons: ridiculous rating system
As a manager, I am forced to assign 10% of my staff to the bottom level where they are assigned no merit increases and no bonus, even when I feel that those employees are doing a good job. This has really hurt the culture of the company as employees have told me that they are less likely to be team-players, out of the goal of avoiding being ranked in – more... the bottom. I have a lot of difficulty telling an employee that I have given positive feedback all year that they are now in the bottom 10%, because "someone has to be".

If an employee is not performing, that's one thing. But being forced to assign good employees to the bottom is another. I am losing good people! – less

June 4, 2013

Thank you for your honesty. I have submitted an application for employment but after reading your review, I will be very reticent to accept a position, if offered.

Work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), ohioMarch 8, 2013
It was a call center, you come in and do your job and go home. It seem like high school all over again, i like it but didnt at the same time.
Really didn't like it here
Collector (Former Employee), Westerville,OHMarch 5, 2013
Pros: dress code
Cons: the supervisors, the pay
Just a stressful environment. The company itself wasn't horrible, but the idiots I worked with made the job hell.

About Alliance Data

Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over – Read more