Alliance Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A call center with multiple departments
Luxury Credit Card Collector (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2014
A typical day included outbound calls to customers that were behind on their luxury credit card accounts.
Great company to work for!
Training & Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Plano TexasJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everything was super
Great people and great job! Immediate supervisor was unreasonable and unpredictable
The company is good , management sucks
Customer Care (Former Employee), New MexicoJuly 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lunch breaks, pay, management, greed
I worked for this company for 6 months never had any problems until they started changing how we get our incentives and started making it really hard for us too. It was pretty clear they were getting money hungry and greedy. I do t believe in screwing acct holders over when they are eligible for certain things. We started to have to play let's make a deal with acct holders and it made the job miserable and uncomfortable. I got tired of getting yelled at and things changing just to make corporate rich.
great job
Payment Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2014
amazing company to work for! great benefits and job security
Fun workplaces
Collector (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2014
Sitting At the desk
How to collect student loans
Mange to help others
Friendly
mange to get them to pay there loans
Talking
#1 place to work
Financial Recovery Support Rep (Current Employee), Westerville, OHJuly 7, 2014
best job to work if wanting to be a successful collector. best place to work for if you are looking for a less stressful work environment.
Busy call center to much play
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJune 19, 2014
busy call center but to distracting and loud. Clients would complain about all the back ground noises
Professional and Positive
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 18, 2014
Pros: job growths, opportunities
Cons: network services division went out of business.
Typical day: Screening for interviews/background checks
What you learned: Always being treated as a "equal" from upper management which meant a great deal.
Management: Caring and Positive
Co-workers: Team-players, professional, integrity
Hardest part of job: When the division closed down, we all lost our jobs/careers.
Most enjoyable part of job: True friendships we made while employed.
Very Nice Place to work
Recovery Specialist (W@H) (Former Employee), Mason, OHJune 14, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: management makes wrong decisions
I enjoyed my employment with Alliance Data. How ever I think sometimes management does not always make the right decision.
Good
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary
Loved Position in Tech Support
Credit Card processing
Reading Transactions
Working on different systems
Supervisors great
Upper Management lacking
Helping People and Correcting problems
Nice workplace
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJune 11, 2014
Numerous incoming calls
Lots of games to win
Alot of potlucks/eating
Team efforts
Great place to work, fun work enviroment
Payment Solutions Advocate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 30, 2014
Alliance Data is great place work. They work hard to keep the company moving forward and take the time to recognize that the company would not function without their employees. All employees are compensated well for the work they provide month-to-month. The environment is always friendly and upbeat. They often have department wide activities to keep the staff motivated through the day, week, and months.

Everyone that works there is more than willing to help with any questions you may have. The management staff and supervisors are always there and willing to listen, lend a helping hand, and take suggestions. Alliance staff members work together as a team to provide a common goal.

A typical day at work revolves around a schedule that you are to follow throughout the day to help meet department needs. On any given day there will be specific hours that the supervisors will run a motivation to help keep the environment up-beat and allow the staff to enjoy themselves while performing their duties.

The hardest part of the job is finding the solution that will best fit each customer. You have to take the time to listen to customer and use your negotiation skills as well as incorporate elements of customer service into each interaction, pertaining to that specific scenario.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers get back on their feet and hearing the relief in their voices when you have found a solution that fits their budget. Alliance has such a great staff that makes getting through day and tough calls easier. Everyone is always full of optimism and encouragement.
Customer Service representative
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee), Westminster, COMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work would include logging in to the phones and taking calls to service accounts for customers as needed, I have learned a lot about credit cards and new systems, with a call center the environment is constantly changing with new technology and programs. The management is there to help when needed, i work from home so I don't come face to face with co-workers, but I do have a great team of people. The hardest part of the job would be that it's never the same, every day the call volume can vary, but I do like the challenge and opportunity to learn new things and keep expanding.
Amazing place to work once a few changes are made
Lead Collector/Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, ColoradoMay 22, 2014
Pros: pto, 401k, bonus, flex schedule option
Cons: supervisors, pay and fairness
I love alliance data however I have major complaints about wages, management following policy, nepotism and ability to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: hours
Productive workplace, Management is not the best, the hours are not the best.
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), lenexa, ksMay 21, 2014
Resolve customer inquiries day to day regarding credit card billing statements also assist store associates with applications and purchases in store.
Productive Work Place
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, make own schedule, and bonus checks
Cons: lack of communication
This was a Very Productive work place. A typical day here is to call account holders whom have purchased credit cards through different stores and business and collect on past due accounts
GREAT COMPANY OVERALL
Fraud Analyst/ Account Protection/ Triage (Current Employee), Westerville, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, successful company, job security
Cons: work life balance
This company has been a great company to work for. They believe in giving back to those who have helped make the company such a huge success.
Good place to work.
Customer Retention/Collector (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 13, 2014
Pros: there is a cafeteria on site.
Cons: split shifts
This is a good company to work for. The only issue for me was the split shifts.
Productive & at times a fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 2, 2014
Pros: pay, bonuses, and caring employees (mainly management)
Cons: short breaks, lunches and lack of balance between school work and weekends off
I answered anywhere from 50-80 phone calls per day from customer associated with clients i.e. Victoria Secret, Express, Haband, and etc. Management showed me adequate respect and really cared about me the goals I set out for myself. The co-workers we really respectful and caring. The most enjoyable part of the job involved being around honest and caring people. The paychecks were good as well.

About Alliance Data

Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over – Read more