Alliance Data

Alliance Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working at ADS
Zip Sort Operator Lead (Current Employee), ReynoldsburgJanuary 20, 2015
A very cool place to work. Staff is friendly. Make you really feel like family there. As long as you do your job, you'll have a job.
Very productive, fun and challenging work environment, worked as a team, flexible schedule
Customer service (Former Employee), Westmister, COJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day would be logging in the system going straight to my accounts I needed to work, making phone calls, leaving messages, asking customers to pay their debt. I've learned how to be aggressive with a customer but be polite at the same time, great customer service skills. Management is the best they truly care about their employees. Co-workers very friendly and willing to help when needed. Hardest part when I couldn't get a customer to pay or setup an arrangement. Most enjoyable the people an skills I gained while working there.
Company is Growing - Growing Pains
Divisional Field Sales Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work/life balance, opportunities for advancement
With rapid growth comes challenges for leadership to maintain a productive, efficient culture.
Great coworkers
Customer Rention Associate (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2015
On a normal day, I would sit down and log into my computer and phone. The automatic dialing system then starts sending me calls. I provide excellent customer service, while collecting a debt owed on a store brand credit card.
Productive work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: company provided lunches
Cons: long hours
Fantastic work environment friendly and easy going management staff. Great benefits, numerous opportunity for advancement within the company overall great place to work.
new policies are unfair/greed oriented
Customer Care (Current Employee), Westminster, CO.January 13, 2015
Pros: benefits are really good and pay is fair for the job
Cons: consults are handed out like toilet paper and advancement is based highly off of popularity.
The metrics are simalar to any call center, handle time, sales, after call, adherence, call quality etc. The main difference is VOICE at Alliance Data. If a customer says the agent was great but is unhappy with the company or the companies policy the agent is still held accountable. That is unfair to the agent since they are required to follow company policy.
The recent changes to how late fees and incentive are based make it all but impossible to get incentive or to avoid a consult monthly. The $15 dollar pay by phone and inability to change a bills due date along with the website (account center) being down on almost a weekly basis make customers less than friendly and it shows in the VOICE score...which again can lead to termination and lack of incentive.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 13, 2015
took phone calls regarding customer credit account and process credit applications.
great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Westminster CoJanuary 5, 2015
making outbound calls
how to manage accounts and different options to present to customers to manage their debts
great co workers
management overall is great, needs some improvement in regards to agent development.
Great flex hours
COLLECTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee), Overland Park KansasJanuary 2, 2015
Handling incoming and outbound calls from clients and dealing with client accounts. *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Stability in company policies, procedures, and work systems
Collector II (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: stability in work requirements
Cons: disconnect between management/employees
Overall the stability of the employer was good. There was a disconnect between management and employees causing and uncultivated work culture and increasing lack of employee morale.

My day to day tasks were unchanging allowing me to maintain, work/life/education balance.
awesome company to work for
Customer Retention Associate (Current Employee), Milford, OHJanuary 1, 2015
with all the benefits it's one of the best jobs I have ever worked ;)
customer retention collection on retail credit cards in call center.
awesome co-workers and management teams
most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping people. :)
fast pace
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, CODecember 27, 2014
hectic and unorganized. It was very stressful. Lost a lot of channels which meant angry customers and tv equipment always had issues
Wasn't a good place
Lead/Machine Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 19, 2014
Pros: weekend off
Cons: no enough money
Help run the floor with the supervisor. Sometimes ran machine when needed.
good p;ace
sales rep (Former Employee), columbus ohioDecember 15, 2014
good p;lace to work it was very professional and I loved working there
Application Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good learning experience
Cons: very fast paced environment, required long hours.
Alliance Data really knows how to treat their employees. They offer many great benefits and always put their employees first. I worked on a great team and I learned a lot while I worked there.
Work fast, and stay awake
Payment System Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: always free coffee, had monthly pot luck meal
Cons: i better get my rest, or be dozing off.
First, check the schedule of work assignment. Talk to your co-workers and just operate your machine as you process the payments. The supervisor would give out candies, if we met our quota for the day.

I worked at night, so it was difficult to stay awake at times with out proper rest. How ever with free coffee and drinks allowed at work stations was nice help.

For over twenty years at work I never was late or missed a day of work. All my appointments, doctor visits, or shopping I was free during day time.
Productive and great experience in all assets of social media marketing company
Epsilon Marketing Florida (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 26, 2014
Great Marketing company
Consistent training and new product lines with marketing verticals.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: attendance policy
The hardest part of the job was the outbound calling, especially first thing in the morning and on Sundays. The customers were very irate during those times of the day. However, I did enjoy the extra incentives we received for payments we took on delinquent accounts.
productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches gift certificates
Cons: shift changes short lunches
Helping the customers with their issues in a timely manner learning new things on a daily basis with help from management if needed and able to work well with co workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy all customers but doing my best to make sure they were satisfied with the help I had given them.
working at alliance data
Collector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: team oriented
Cons: better benefits
a typical day at work consist of me at the recent job i was at i would come in look up my email to see if i have any accounts that need to be worked for my manager and while im doing that im checking my ques to see accounts i can collect money on. On top of collecting we also take in coming calls regarding our credit cards

About Alliance Data

Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over – Read more