Alliance Data

Alliance Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Giving Back
Payment Solutions Representative (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: a change in the way food is provided, and the healthy choices.
Cons: limited options for helping a customer.
Alliance Data is a company that is always giving back to the community that supports it with the citizens talents. Whether it be via United Way, Harvesters, Susan B. Anthony Walk, March of dimes, just to name a few. A typical day at work consists of negotiating with customers regarding their account status for payment. Management has an open door policy, and most importantly they listen. The co-workers and I consider working at Alliance Data a place where you work with family. Each person cares about the other. The hardest part of this job would be keeping up with the ever growing business demands. Alliance Data is a ever growing company. However because of the family environment, we meet this challenge head on and accomplish what needs to be done. The most enjoyable part, is knowing that at the end of the day, I measure success by knowing I did the best to make a difference in my customer's life.
Very high passe work environment
Mail Room Zip-Sort Operator (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: high passe and friendly environment
Cons: work hours are not steady so hard to plan family time
This is a great company to work for however due to the fact that work is based on clients needs work weeks can be between 20hrs a week to 48 hrs per week; this can make it hard to plan family activities.
fun work place
Bank Card Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great work hours
Cons: no paternal time off
Great job wouldn't allow me to get paternal time off when my daughter was born last year. Incentive was great. the bad work life balance isn't what I needed a the time that my daughter was born
Great Place to Work
Account Manager and Collector (Current Employee), Westerville, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Great company with numerous benefits. Co-Workers are amazing and you have the ability to move up easily in the company.
Clear Vision
Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: can be very political
There is a great work/life balance and a clear vision for business success. I've been with the company for almost 15 years and have had the opportunity to develop and grow.
Fun work place with different employee engagements.
Customer Service/ New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: over time, learning experience, activities, job enviroment.
Cons: the flexability of schedule to accomodate home life, management and non support from management.
Taking over 100 calls per day that would consist of assisting customer, talking and sitting for long periods of time.

I've learned patients and how to establish a relationship with the customer's.

Wonderful co-workers that would take the time out to answer any questions you may have.

The hardest part of the job? Everything was easy once you've learned systems and proceedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the different activities to engage the employee's, learning different skills and systems.
Productive and fun work place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Westerville, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Alliance is a great company to work for. The average day you are making outbound calls and taking inbound calls to collect on past due credit card accounts. To encourage employees by creating weekly games and you can win cash on the spot. The people at Alliance a wonderful and always welcome new employees with open arms.
Repetitive work
Account Protection, Fraud Investigations (Former Employee), Westerville, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: no help unproductive work environment
Ok company I was just burnt out on phones after working collections for seven years at discover card. People are nice but not a lot of help in fraud protection. I was wondering if anyone knows if you get paid out for your vacation after quitting?
Alliance Data
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2015
This company expects perfection from their employees. I don't believe that is possible on a daily basis, I very uncomfortable being made to review my former employers.
Worked in call center taking inbound calls
Customer Retention Associate (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits and bonus
Cons: deparmtent was relocated
Perform customer service activities such as sales, markdowns, stock rooms, train new employee

for the departments, fitting room, display new item in the department and price checks, provided

leadership and direction of a retail store. Participated in customer service and sales support that

ensure a shopping environment and promoted meeting sales and profit goals. Assist in inventory,

balance cash register, hire and train new employee, manage 6­10 employees, opening and

closing of store, help customers with complaints, display new item in the department and ordering

items and assisted management with ensuring service levels exceed standards.
This was a temp job
Customer Service, General Office (Former Employee), Worthington, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I had temporary employment with this company I wasn't there long enough to have and opinion, it was nice while I was there.
Fun fast paced environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), 4590 East Broad St. Columbus OH 43213February 8, 2015
Pros: great environment to work, decent benefits
Cons: not really any cons
Job was simple fortunately training was good, management was good as well, very supportive...
Staying consistent was the difficult part about the job, some days your sales are good and some days they're not...
Alliance had the best company parties!
Alliance Data is a great place to work!
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great people to work around!
Cons: na
A great place to work with great people around you!!! The organization has good benefits & flexible when it comes to their employees.
Don't waste your time or sanity
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: pay and fellow employees
Cons: everything else
The only good things about this job were the pay and the fellow employees that weren't supervisors. Everything else was trash.
Will drain you
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great cafe, friendly enviroment
Cons: no work life balance, high stress enviroment, constant changes with little room to adjust.
After working for this company for almost a year it drained all the enthusiasm i had for the business, I tried multiple times to advance in the company and they made it extremely hard explaining that they were looking for people who had been in certain "committies" for positions instead of basing their decisions based on an individuals intellect and enthusiasm it was moreso about who you knew and who liked you. also the way that they let people go would throw anyone in a tizzy, they approach your desk with a cardboard box, take you to go get fired and unpack your items for you (i guess for the security of information) its scary and does not give you a great sense of job security especially if you see 10 people go in one week.
Working at ADS
Zip Sort Operator Lead (Current Employee), ReynoldsburgJanuary 20, 2015
A very cool place to work. Staff is friendly. Make you really feel like family there. As long as you do your job, you'll have a job.
Very productive, fun and challenging work environment, worked as a team, flexible schedule
Customer service (Former Employee), Westmister, COJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day would be logging in the system going straight to my accounts I needed to work, making phone calls, leaving messages, asking customers to pay their debt. I've learned how to be aggressive with a customer but be polite at the same time, great customer service skills. Management is the best they truly care about their employees. Co-workers very friendly and willing to help when needed. Hardest part when I couldn't get a customer to pay or setup an arrangement. Most enjoyable the people an skills I gained while working there.
Company is Growing - Growing Pains
Divisional Field Sales Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work/life balance, opportunities for advancement
With rapid growth comes challenges for leadership to maintain a productive, efficient culture.
Great coworkers
Customer Rention Associate (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2015
On a normal day, I would sit down and log into my computer and phone. The automatic dialing system then starts sending me calls. I provide excellent customer service, while collecting a debt owed on a store brand credit card.
Productive work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: company provided lunches
Cons: long hours
Fantastic work environment friendly and easy going management staff. Great benefits, numerous opportunity for advancement within the company overall great place to work.

About Alliance Data

Alliance Data (NYSE: ADS)is a leading provider of transaction services, credit services and marketing services, managing over – Read more