Alliance Data Systems

Alliance Data Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
temp
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: temp
Cons: temp
this was a temp job so there was really much I could get out of it but customer service
Great Company
Benefits Administrator - Corporate HR (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: pay, flexible work hours
Cons: limited manager training
I have nothing bad to say about this company. They pay well, treat the employees well, and the culture is fantastic. I only wish they would train new managers on how to manage people.
Not a stressful atmosphere at all.
Research Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: we get 15 minutes slips each week, if we have perfect attendance, we accumulate these to take time off.
Cons: there's no room for advancement.
When I get to work I check for any pending payments due in the morning so these can make it to the daily deposit, then I start balancing all the accounts that I handle, review any pending special assignments and work on these.
The rest of the day is basically looking up checks to be able to find an account for customers that had sent without any information – more... or account, which make these very hard to find, as we handle thousands of checks/accounts in a daily basis.
I enjoy working very much with my supervisor, she is very knowledgeable and fun to work with. – less
Good company
Executive (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2013
Pros: fast promotion
Cons: 10% mandatory low performance rating for employees
The challenging part is for the management to force some employees into lowest 10% rank of performance (a GE method). Although done in a relative rank, it is hard to define what metrics to use to quantify/justify this bottom 10% rank, thus subjective opinions matter more. To front-line sales function, this performance rating approach makes perfect sense – more... to motivate employess, but to other supportive functions (IT, finance or analytics) this performance rating method approach will potentially lead to long term issue of high employee "churn" or low job satisfaction. – less
Customer Service
taking supervisor calls (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 10, 2013
Pros: benefits, room for promotions, paid holidays and vacation
Here I took customer service calls for two different companies. First starting in the canle are where I could post payments to accounts, change programming, and turn service on and off. I was then promoted to taking supervisor calls in the electric company division where I took calls from customers who were upset. I was able to set up payment arrangements, – more... turn service on and off and send important documentation to the PUCT. – less
Great Company
Corporate Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: too far from home
Great company with wonderful benefits. Loved the atmosphere. It was a fun place to work for the most part.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJuly 24, 2013
Was constantly on the phones helping people with there natural gas accounts. I loved helping people but could be stressful if the customer was upset or yelling at you. Co-workers were great! I learned alot of patience and Customer service experience. I also got an award for best Customer service rep. Loved the job and company.
Rapidly Growing Company.
Sr. Manager, Marketing Technology (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2013
Pros: nice incentive compensation.
Cons: aggressive talent management policy
Great incredibly fast growing company. Recent culture changes have made it difficult on the middle management layer, which have a heavy burden of stress placed upon them to enact the culture shift. Executive levels are also under stress, but there is a huge compensation difference between those two layers. Individual contributors and director/above – more... are generally satisfied. – less
I loved it
Customer Retention Advocate (Collector) (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJuly 11, 2013
Great place to work. Great environment and pay. They also offer great incentive packages.
Nice Place to work
IT Buyer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2013
Pros: very family oriented company
Cons: live 75 miles away now
This is a great company to work for however, I need something closer now that I have moved close to Dayton
Not in Business for long
Team Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 8, 2013
Pros: had a job.
Cons: was mislead by management
We were promised advancement and it never occurred. It was hard work and long hours. The employees kept one another motivated without management help.
Credit Processing Center
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2013
I handled A/R for major oil and retail companies credit card holders.
Customer service
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2013
Pros: benefits, abililty for growth
Cons: n/a
Most enjoyable moment at Alliance Data is the ability to grow
productive supportive community outreach
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 18, 2013
Pros: bonus, hours, location
Cons: quotas
For the most part, it was enjoyable, working with some supervisors and employees, developing verbal relationships with customer's who are pleased with the services provided and offered. Talking to hundres and maybe even thousands of individuals over time assistanting them with payments, questions they have in regards to their credit card accounts. Also – more... helping them resolve issue to better the credit statuts. The cafeteria was very good with alot of edible choices, that were pretty tasty. Phones for us to use and computers for us to utilize on our breaks. Convenient location to get to and from work and ample oppurtunities to earn extra hours and cash and gifts – less
Productive and enjoyable work place
Creative Coordinator (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHApril 15, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: n/a
Fast paced atmosphere
Nice new facility
Great work atmosphere
Enjoyable and laid back environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Coulmbus, OH 43213April 2, 2013
Very busy call center handling customers credit accounts. Nice because every call can be different.
Casual day everyday
Account Maintenance Specialist for GNG (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 2, 2013
Pros: outside activites company function {six flags & company parties)
Cons: they lost the contract to another company
I love every aspect of the company. My job was self managed. Learned how to be proactive. The hardest part of the job was training for new positon within the company.
Loved this place the whole environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 28, 2013
Pros: helping customers, kitchen
Cons: having to upsell
At Alliance I was so happy there being able to process and assist customer in their need for quick finiancing was a great joy to me, also they had a full kitchen when I didn't have to always bring in my lunch.
Fun place to work, grate co workers, fun enviroment
Sales and Service/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Westminster, COMarch 24, 2013
Pros: commisions on sales, rewards for good wok
Cons: attendance schedule strick
Assisting account holders with there creditcard statements, inbound telephone calls. learned how towork in a call center enviroment.
Productive and educational place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus,OhioMarch 21, 2013
This job is awesome if you like customer service and sales. You learn a lot of computer skills and sales strategy.