Alliance Data Systems

Alliance Data Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good place to work, but management could be improved.
Fraud Ring Specialist (Current Employee), Westerville, OHMarch 12, 2014
The pay is competitive and job is really fast pace in the call center. Good place to start out to gain experience.
Corperate owned credit card company
Team/Group Lead (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: montly cookouts and awards
Cons: the job was outsourced.
I went in to do all vault balance and spoilage reports for credit cards. Had to maintain accuracy at any one time for over 5 million credit cards as well as lead a crew with a 3 day turn around.

I learned management at a very early age.

My co-workers were amazing with a very diverse cultures and back-rounds.

The hardest part was have my employees at 23, was having faith in me as I was only there for 9 months.

The enjoyable, was our team environment with cookouts and awards. We never let anyone or any good deed go unrecognized.
GREAT COMPANY WITH GREAT BENFITS
Back Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great pay and fun environment
Cons: relocated
COMPANY WAS GREAT....RELOCATED TO ENNIS, TEXAS AND THAT'S WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.
Lots of opportunities for growth.
bi-lingual Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 21, 2014
Alliance Data has provided me with the experience to provide exceptional customer service. I have taken advantage
of the opportunities given to me to help and motivate others.
productive & fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Lenexa,KSJanuary 16, 2014
Alliance Data. was a fun work place very family oriented, loved the people that I got a chance to meet and interact with
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2013
Fast paced, friendly environment heavy inbound calls loved the diversity
work
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Columbus OHNovember 17, 2013
Pros: good people to work for
Cons: not enough hours
not too busy on a typical day
learned a lot about people
management was good
co-workers were fun to be around
nothing hard about the job
enjoyed people
Direct-Mail company where boredom is nearly non-existent.
Insert Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
High-production warehouse with friendly and social employees, and managers that are willing to do as much as allowed to accommodate and assist their employees with the goal of creating a productive yet fun & enjoyable workplace.
IT Compliance and Portfolio/Relationship management
IT Governance- Program Operations Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 7, 2013
Great business growth in the market place. Great Leadership at the CEO and CFO level.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Whitehall, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: enjoyed being respected
Cons: deregulation
Employees were respected and appreciated . Great company morals , trust, and vaules
You can have as many hours as you need
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMOctober 7, 2013
Pros: regular raises
Cons: back to back calls
They treat their employees really well, the supervisors are very good, and the people are fun to be around.
temp
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: temp
Cons: temp
this was a temp job so there was really much I could get out of it but customer service
Great Company
Benefits Administrator - Corporate HR (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: pay, flexible work hours
Cons: limited manager training
I have nothing bad to say about this company. They pay well, treat the employees well, and the culture is fantastic. I only wish they would train new managers on how to manage people.
Not a stressful atmosphere at all.
Research Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: we get 15 minutes slips each week, if we have perfect attendance, we accumulate these to take time off.
Cons: there's no room for advancement.
When I get to work I check for any pending payments due in the morning so these can make it to the daily deposit, then I start balancing all the accounts that I handle, review any pending special assignments and work on these.
The rest of the day is basically looking up checks to be able to find an account for customers that had sent without any information or account, which make these very hard to find, as we handle thousands of checks/accounts in a daily basis.
I enjoy working very much with my supervisor, she is very knowledgeable and fun to work with.
Good company
Executive (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2013
Pros: fast promotion
Cons: 10% mandatory low performance rating for employees
The challenging part is for the management to force some employees into lowest 10% rank of performance (a GE method). Although done in a relative rank, it is hard to define what metrics to use to quantify/justify this bottom 10% rank, thus subjective opinions matter more. To front-line sales function, this performance rating approach makes perfect sense to motivate employess, but to other supportive functions (IT, finance or analytics) this performance rating method approach will potentially lead to long term issue of high employee "churn" or low job satisfaction.
Customer Service
taking supervisor calls (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 10, 2013
Pros: benefits, room for promotions, paid holidays and vacation
Here I took customer service calls for two different companies. First starting in the canle are where I could post payments to accounts, change programming, and turn service on and off. I was then promoted to taking supervisor calls in the electric company division where I took calls from customers who were upset. I was able to set up payment arrangements, turn service on and off and send important documentation to the PUCT.
Great Company
Corporate Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: too far from home
Great company with wonderful benefits. Loved the atmosphere. It was a fun place to work for the most part.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJuly 24, 2013
Was constantly on the phones helping people with there natural gas accounts. I loved helping people but could be stressful if the customer was upset or yelling at you. Co-workers were great! I learned alot of patience and Customer service experience. I also got an award for best Customer service rep. Loved the job and company.
Rapidly Growing Company.
Sr. Manager, Marketing Technology (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2013
Pros: nice incentive compensation.
Cons: aggressive talent management policy
Great incredibly fast growing company. Recent culture changes have made it difficult on the middle management layer, which have a heavy burden of stress placed upon them to enact the culture shift. Executive levels are also under stress, but there is a huge compensation difference between those two layers. Individual contributors and director/above are generally satisfied.
I loved it
Customer Retention Advocate (Collector) (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJuly 11, 2013
Great place to work. Great environment and pay. They also offer great incentive packages.