Allergan

Allergan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging yet fun work environment
Sr. Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Washington D.C.April 30, 2013
Pros: the harder you work, the more money you can make.
Cons: it is difficult to get a position with the company.
The harder you work, the more money you can make. Although you may work several hours, the schedule is flexible. Customers are very appreciative.
great company
Senior Sales Executive, Glaucoma Division (Former Employee), NortheastApril 21, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: very little work life balance
great products, excellent compensation. I learned a tremendous amount about teamwork, healthcare, compliance, and was fortunate enough to have had some wonderful managers and partners during my time there.
Great Place to start Career
Sales Analyst, Marketing Operations (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: advancment is very poltical
Great place to start your career as the company is very stable and still growing.
Interesting development skills
Clinical Project Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CaApril 15, 2013
Pros: working with both internal and external customers.
Cons: no upward mobility.
From day to day is different, but essentially I work with investigators who are enrolled in our studies. Sometimes this involves paying patients for site visits, sometimes reviewing potential errors on forms, and resolving inquiries related to devices.
Allergan is a good corporation to work for.
Consignment Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, wellness, wages, people
Cons: basic cons you get working with any corporation.
Good benefits, comparable wages, and great people to work with. My department was moved out of state. The severance package was good. Was given the opportunity to move but I declined. Promotion was good to a point. It depends on the department.
A challenging working place
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee), BucharestMarch 26, 2013
- very challenging, multiple tasking job, highly competitive environment
- required discipline, focus, hard work; also required imagination, courage, flexibility
- required good knowledge of the market, trends, vision
Best pharmaceutical company in the area
Senior Professional, Biological Sciences (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2013
While work days are very busy and demanding, there is a sense of camaraderie among the people I work with that make the job enjoyable. My fast-paced, hands-on position requires some professional training, but anyone can do it if they so desire.
Unethical manager, incompetent HR
Territory Manager (Current Employee), MidwestMarch 20, 2013
Cons: unethical manager, incompetent hr
The best day of my life will be when I leave here. Management is a joke, especially on the SkinMedica side. The most MICRO-MANAGED job I have ever had. Steer clear, there is ZERO work life balance with this company, and they sell our products online on their own website! I wanted to work in pharmaceuticals...this is more like Avon.
Great 1st job out of college that lasted almost 20 years!!!
Various Positions (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: working with such a variety of customers, ie: the "7" separate disciplines
Cons: inheriting poor performers, then being the "bad guy" citing their deficiences, that their previous manager omitted
* I really learned much @ Allergan. Called on "7" separate disciplines to include: Ophthalmology, optometry, dermatology, Headquarter retail, Teaching Hospitals, Managed Care Facilities, HMO's
* Just look @ the above and I also did it in management @ "2" separate levels of management
* The biggest issue was their "enthusiasm...which in my mind is extremely – more... contagious!!!
* Having to carry out a marketing policy I was personally @ odds with
* Working & seeing people develop & grow...that was just GREAT!!! – less
Excellent place to work for
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Irvine, Ca 92612March 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Fast speed environment, very friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of the job for me was when the system fail and sales reps and us, the processor, literally stopped doing our job, without the system all of us were in trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know that you could allays count with your co-workers.
GREAT products
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: management is tough
In daily work worked with the best injectable doctors in Northern Calfornia. Top selling territory selling $2 million, to just one client. Taking them from #10 to #1 in the nation.
A stepping stone
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee), Waco, TXMarch 4, 2013
Allergan is a good post college place to start. Raises are non existent.
well organized file room
File Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: music
Cons: we got the radio taken away
Fairly tedious, but we were allowed to listen to music in the file room
Stay away from this low moral company
Marketing (Former Employee), USAFebruary 16, 2013
If not the worst, one of the worst in the industry, lowest moral and ethics, do not care about patients or employee, most important is to make money in unethical ways. Deal with the lowest medical community in the industry. There is a reason why they keep getting fines for 100s of millions from FDA and others.
Have managers that do not know anything – more... about medical research, promotion, keep masking same products and changing packages and selling them as different ones.
Be aware and keep far far from them – less
Exciting company that invests in their workers' future
Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: management, compensation, co-workers
Cons: smaller cafeteria
A great daily learning environment that challenges and stimulates the mind. They are a great team of innovators who take the time to do things right

February 2, 2013

I guess this is true if you work in Irvine. I can tell you from my experiences that this is not the case in Waco.

It is a very good company to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: appreciation lunches.
A typical day was always a happy and a great atmosphere. Loved greeting people with a smile and a good morning to all.

Management was always proper but always friendly and understanding. Loved working with all co-workers and learned from each other in all the types of work.

What ever new experience came around always made sure to better and understand – more... the new job.

Enjoyed working with all individuals and guests that came through the door. – less
Great place to work, good work/life balance
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: compensation, generous vacation time, company car
It was a very positive experience, great team of people to work with.
Excellent company to work "with." Most travel limited to west coast. Best ethics oversight system.
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Irvine CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: allergan rewarded its employees with positive peer recognition, for reaching a timely solution or workimg with diminished resources.
Cons: salary compensation lagged behind other pharmas, it was difficult to change study area(s) of expertise, such as ophthalmology and skin care
I quite enjoyed my time at Allergan and benifitted from their belief that each employee is an investment in the forward movement to the company goals. As much as I enjoyed the studies I was on, I also really enjoyed the professional, people I worked with. Overall, the company was very family friendly, giving seasonal parties on campus. I went through – more... the experience of study start up, locating/screening PIs, negotiating PI contracts, arranging an Investigators meeing, helping to design brochures, design CRFs, scheduling various presentations, consistent protocol training across all clinical sites, scheduling site initiation/protocol appointments, set up relationships with IRB(s), and so on. – less
a global specialty pharmaceutical and medical device company
Senior Territory Manager, Denver, CO (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 27, 2012
Allergan discovers, develops and commercializes products in ophthalmology, medical dermatology and aesthetics, and other specialty markets.
Corporate style work environment
Spec, Packaging and Labeling (Current Employee), Goleta, CAOctober 17, 2012
It is generally a very quiet and steady paced environment. Yet, there are times when projects pick up to the point of overload.

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more