Allergan

Allergan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting company that invests in their workers' future
Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: management, compensation, co-workers
Cons: smaller cafeteria
A great daily learning environment that challenges and stimulates the mind. They are a great team of innovators who take the time to do things right

February 2, 2013

I guess this is true if you work in Irvine. I can tell you from my experiences that this is not the case in Waco.

It is a very good company to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: appreciation lunches.
A typical day was always a happy and a great atmosphere. Loved greeting people with a smile and a good morning to all.

Management was always proper but always friendly and understanding. Loved working with all co-workers and learned from each other in all the types of work.

What ever new experience came around always made sure to better and understand – more... the new job.

Enjoyed working with all individuals and guests that came through the door. – less
Great place to work, good work/life balance
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: compensation, generous vacation time, company car
It was a very positive experience, great team of people to work with.
Excellent company to work "with." Most travel limited to west coast. Best ethics oversight system.
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Irvine CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: allergan rewarded its employees with positive peer recognition, for reaching a timely solution or workimg with diminished resources.
Cons: salary compensation lagged behind other pharmas, it was difficult to change study area(s) of expertise, such as ophthalmology and skin care
I quite enjoyed my time at Allergan and benifitted from their belief that each employee is an investment in the forward movement to the company goals. As much as I enjoyed the studies I was on, I also really enjoyed the professional, people I worked with. Overall, the company was very family friendly, giving seasonal parties on campus. I went through – more... the experience of study start up, locating/screening PIs, negotiating PI contracts, arranging an Investigators meeing, helping to design brochures, design CRFs, scheduling various presentations, consistent protocol training across all clinical sites, scheduling site initiation/protocol appointments, set up relationships with IRB(s), and so on. – less
a global specialty pharmaceutical and medical device company
Senior Territory Manager, Denver, CO (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 27, 2012
Allergan discovers, develops and commercializes products in ophthalmology, medical dermatology and aesthetics, and other specialty markets.
Corporate style work environment
Spec, Packaging and Labeling (Current Employee), Goleta, CAOctober 17, 2012
It is generally a very quiet and steady paced environment. Yet, there are times when projects pick up to the point of overload.
Good company to work for
Clinical Operations Intern (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 15, 2012
Good company to work for and very professional, but I do wish people weren't always so busy. You're really on your own when you join, but I've learned to take initiative.
Great Entry-Level Stepping Stone, Must be puerto rican to advance.
Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 8, 2012
Pros: benefits, experience
Cons: overworked, lean company, no empathy for personal life, no ability to recognize talent, no motivational strategies.
-Poor Communication across the board
-Absolutely no compliance to company policy
-NO PROMOTIONS, wherever your hired is where you will be when you leave.
-Great experience with audits
-Co-workers have very low moral and are pushed more and more responsibility the longer they're there without raises
-Best part of the job was lunch
-Hardest part not being – more... able to understand spanish – less

May 27, 2013

I currently work in the compounding department, and I could not agree with you more!!!!

Productive, lively, and a great place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Goleta, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Always enjoyed working here with my co-workers also like my job, I've learned so much within the amount of years I have been here.

Always looked forward to coming into work everyday. I am a people person and love working with people.
Wish to work there again
SALES AND MARKETING RESEARCH ANALYST (Former Employee), CASeptember 17, 2012
Good company to work for. The best part is the holiday party!
Absolutely great place to work at!
PRINCIPAL ETL PROGRAMMER & CLINICAL DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: lot of pros.
Cons: management.
Really enjoyed my time here! Great responsibilities, well settled and financially strong Pharmaceutical company right here at Irvine.
Had an opportunity to learn a lot of new concepts, applications and systems.
Had an opportunity to lead the ETL team.
Really enjoyed working with the Clinical Research Data and building the Clinical Data Warehouse.
Very large successful company work is very fast paced
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: benefits for temps
I learned to use the mail machines, how to sort mail, how to create special packages , got used to working fast paced worked fast and very well organized always finished projects in a timely manner.
Great Company with Great Management
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2012
From day one, management as well as peers took an interest in training each and every employee to their fullest. The job was challenging, but in a good way. Company culture was great and people genuinely enjoyed going to work because of the great people.
If you are a robot who cannot think independently, you will do great.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), South East USAugust 21, 2012
Pros: car
Cons: managers
Find the office, Read the detail, Get the signature, Leave, and Repeat. For manager ride alongs: follow the same stupid pattern yet be prepared for a brutal "Coach's Assessment" in your email inbox within 24 hours, cc'd to all who "matter".

March 21, 2013

That comment in my opinion was NOT evident over my 20+ years @ Allergan. re: The ride along comment-possibly this person did not have a good manager as I NEVER did that on ride alongs!!! The ride along was designed as a "Team Sale" vs. a cop watching you!!! Did you ever speak up, express your thoughts...I'm certain someone would have listened!!! If you just kept your mouth shut & complained to the person you see in the mirror-it's your OWN fault!!!

Lovely place
Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2012
i learned a lot there. I was an intern so I worked in different departments to get a real feel of what it was like.
Too large a territory to cover effectively
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2012
Pros: benefits are excellent
Cons: pay grade could have been better
Unrealistic expectations from immediate supervisor. He was new to the position.
Great co-workers.
Senior Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJuly 26, 2012
Training classes for computer skills avaliable. Received training on how to use a variety of databases. Enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Productive company with a beautiful campus
Communicator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: very helpful, decent pay, company campus, laid back
Cons: not a lot of climbing the ladder, higher outside instead of looking within
People generally work 9-5. You learn great communication skills. Since it is a global company you learn how to communicate with people all over the world. Management is pretty laid back. They provide guidance but a lot of work depends on you. The people here are great. I get along well with everyone I work with and are very helpful. The hardest part – more... is sometimes management is a little unclear with daily activities. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. People are always looking to go out to lunch together and are always looking to do stuff together. – less
It was a great 6+ years
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2012
This was a position that challenged me, advanced my skill set, and furthered my medical sales career.
Business Analyst Admin
Business Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 6, 2012
Talking to client
gathering requirement for the job
and speaking with the team member and management about requirements and using them into RUP.
working on RUP to meet the requirements for the client's need.
reporting bug to the development team if any with the help of test cases and test scripts

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more