Allergan

Allergan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work
I.S. VENDOR ANALYST (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2013
Overall, this is a good company with great values and integrity.
friendly environment
Sr.Software Engineer (Current Employee), HyderabadSeptember 10, 2013
iam very happy to say,my client is very close to our team
this is most enjoyable part of my job
Not the environment I thought it would be
Territory Manager, Aesthetic Products (Former Employee), USASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: the teammates were great
Cons: constant pressure, stress, changes direction a lot, quotas were rediculous at least 50% increase over previous year to make any bonus
Very stressful environment, must work at least 50-60 hours and your only as good as your last month, at least in the SkinMedica division. I was unhappy and managed by fear most of my career. I had 4 managers in 3 years.
Great group!
Reception/Customer care (Former Employee), Goleta, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: friendly, helpful people, great benefits, learning opportunitites
Cons: laid off
I worked for Allergan Medical for 5 years, and it was a real pleasure! I learned a lot, and gained many new skills.
fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee), waco,txAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, off weekends
loved it
awesome co-workers
consistent hours
7-3 weekdays
off weekends
Well Know
Field Training Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2013
Company has solid products
Too many reps on the eye care side
botex great cash sale
good salaries
Evolution
Regulatory Analyst Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2013
There are many factors that are prepping Allergan for growth. the dynamic of teams was a pleasure to be around after leaving Amgen. I am looking to share and increase my experience and skills with a team ready to do more than think outside the box. I feel my background in working in a global setting, interacting with a multitude of time zones and cross-functional – more... teams will greatly compliment your teams needs as well as my own. – less
I Cannot Wait Until I Leave This Company...
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: micromanagement, threats, no work-life balance and lots more...
I have been with Allergan Eye Care for many years.

This company is now filled with ex Novartis reps that are managing seasoned Allergan reps like me who have been here from the start paying their dues building once a great company.

Thanks to my new manager of a few months who was a rep at a big pharma company for only 2 years, my entire team is looking – more... to get out of here, including me.

First signature call at 8:30AM and last signature call at 4:30PM...REALLY!!!

This guy needs to go back to Novartis and collect his signatures! Stay away from West/Southwest Region in Eye Care! – less
Great Company! Horrible Area Managers!
Field Sales (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: you are replaceable, fear and intimidation, no work-life balance
I work in Eye Care and not all Area Managers are bad but my Area Manager, he is a MICRO-MANAGING NIGHTMARE!!!

This guy has only been in his role for 9 months and already people have started to leave since he took over!!!

I have a young family, do not get enough time with them, always having to complete tons of paperwork and respond to emails EVERY – more... WEEKEND!!!

The constant threats of losing our jobs is too stressful for me. I am also looking to get out myself. – less
I enjoyed this position, bring good products to People thru their doctors.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2013
Pros: valuable products
Cons: scheduling
Flexibility in the day. Being able to enhance prescibing choices and bring new information and products to Doctors that could help their patients.
Allergan is my favorite company
Audio /Video Specialist and Website Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 25, 2013
Pros: has pension programs
Audio /Video Specialist and Website Specialist.
• Set up audio/video presentations for sales training. Record and post-process videos of training sessions and interviews. Perform video editing using Adobe Premier and analog editing machines.
• Design and maintain a multimedia web page for Surgical Division.
• Set up the Phaco eye-surgery machine for – more... training classes. Support sales forces web & projectors – less
Allergan Medical
STUDY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Goleta, CAMay 9, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling, good benefits, free coffee
Cons: micromanagement, decisions put off, hiring freeze
A typical day at work starts off with about 10-15 emails, then certain items you need to do, along with a meeting or two a day. The management is good, but new to the device industry. The co-workers are amazing and make a great team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant change and new directions the company takes. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is helping others conduct a clinical trial. – less
Great upper managment
Compounder in Compounding (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 7, 2013
This has great upper management but when certain areas were further looked at, the management lacked in many ways. My immediate boss would always talk about us gaining his bonus, which I felt was very unprofessional. There is also a lot of communication problems between our immediate supervisors and their bosses. Company is a great company to work for – more... other than that. – less
Wouldnt work here
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Hewitt, TXMay 6, 2013
I was only paid 7.25 per hour for hard labor. most of the time the boss would take me on missions to get supplies with him put only paid me for working at the site. No compesation for time taken to gather supplies, which was daily
It was very satisfying to know that all my efforts contributed to a greater quality of life for so many.
Sr. Supervisor, Global Clinical Services (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, numerous ammentities on campus (concierge, cafe, gym, track) benefits (medical, dental, 401, vacation, pto)
Cons: there seemed to always be a silver lining
My departure from Allergan was to relocate back to San Diego and ensure the health and wellness for my mother. It was what I needed to do at this time in her life.

I was passionate about my position at Allergan. Over the years, I became a subject matter expert of people. I was very successful in identifying the perfect fit for the specific needs of – more... Allergan's internal customers; the 6 therapeutic areas. Candidates need not possess clinical experience, rather, excellent computer skills, a positive demeanor, the ability to communicate and the passion to learn about the drug development cycle. I did the rest.

I identified items necessary for the Clinical Project Assistants to excel and in doing so, created the entire training curriculum for the position. I started with 5 Clinical Project Assistants who supported 3 therapeutic areas. When I left Allergan, there were 34 individuals functioning as Clinical Project Assistants, the therapeutic areas had promoted into their groups, over 35 CPAs, and I had hired and trained over 75 individuals personally.

My days were spent training and mentoring the team, meeting with senior management in TAs to discuss needs, improve processes specific to tasks at hand, serve as the liaison to all cross functional departments with which we worked, meet with direct manager to discuss process improvement, implement changes, evaluate performance of team.

The hardest part of my job was to identify 1 stellar individual when only 1 advanced position was available. Given I trained them and although there are different learning curves for everyone, I was confident who ever was placed in that position, would thrive.

I believe I was highly respected within my group, the TAs, as well as the cross functional departments. I felt as comfortable speaking with my peers as I did presenting to senior management.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Elizabeth – less
Nice co-workers and good boss
QC Statistician (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMay 2, 2013
The co-workers there are excellent. They are all easy going people with patience. We were like a family there. The boss cared about your career. He always gave me good advice for how to improve both work and life.
Challenging yet fun work environment
Sr. Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Washington D.C.April 30, 2013
Pros: the harder you work, the more money you can make.
Cons: it is difficult to get a position with the company.
The harder you work, the more money you can make. Although you may work several hours, the schedule is flexible. Customers are very appreciative.
great company
Senior Sales Executive, Glaucoma Division (Former Employee), NortheastApril 21, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: very little work life balance
great products, excellent compensation. I learned a tremendous amount about teamwork, healthcare, compliance, and was fortunate enough to have had some wonderful managers and partners during my time there.
Great Place to start Career
Sales Analyst, Marketing Operations (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: advancment is very poltical
Great place to start your career as the company is very stable and still growing.
Interesting development skills
Clinical Project Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CaApril 15, 2013
Pros: working with both internal and external customers.
Cons: no upward mobility.
From day to day is different, but essentially I work with investigators who are enrolled in our studies. Sometimes this involves paying patients for site visits, sometimes reviewing potential errors on forms, and resolving inquiries related to devices.

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more