Allergan

Allergan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: good company performance, good work/life balance, good training, good benefits
Cons: bureaucracy, centralized decision making, lack of transparency, lack of growth opportunities
Overall a good company to work for. Recent re-structures affected several units. Good work/life balance, decent benefits, tall structure with many levels of VPs, directors, and managers.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security
Great co-workers
Departments being eliminated so no job stability
Good benefits
Could be very demanding at times but usually work could be done within 8 hour day
Training envrironment
Regional Manager (Former Employee), PeruJanuary 21, 2014
I developed a lot of my training skills there and identified my goals for the future
Excellent environment
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2014
total well-being plan with assessments FREE.
tennis court, soccer field, softball teams (6), basketball court, gym, and locker rooms that are gorgeous.

Truly a pleasure going to 'work' each day as the projects are TRULY geared to helping/making better the human condition.
great place to work at.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2014
great place to work enjoyed working there. only problem was that it was a temporary job.
Horrible place to work
project lead (Former Employee), Marlow, ENGDecember 13, 2013
Pros: you will end up work much longer than normal hours
Cons: horrible managers......very non-cooperative
A typical day is between 9-6 and the managers expect you to work more than normal working hours..........reason behind is US based company....horrible managers......very non-cooperative
Managers will never allow you to speak up......they will promise lots of opportunity and ultimately you will not gain a list opportunity...no growth....no benefits
Great Company and Great Benefits
Conventions Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 19, 2013
I love working here. The benefits are great.They have on of the highest eye care benefits! There is a lot of room for growth. They have a lot of encouragement to live a healthy lifestyle and give you the training and incentive to suceed.
Leadership, marketing and management Experience.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Istanbul, TurkeyNovember 12, 2013
• Managed 56 Sales Consultants and exceeded all sales quotas.
A great place to work
I.S. VENDOR ANALYST (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2013
Overall, this is a good company with great values and integrity.
friendly environment
Sr.Software Engineer (Current Employee), HyderabadSeptember 10, 2013
iam very happy to say,my client is very close to our team
this is most enjoyable part of my job
Not the environment I thought it would be
Territory Manager, Aesthetic Products (Former Employee), USASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: the teammates were great
Cons: constant pressure, stress, changes direction a lot, quotas were rediculous at least 50% increase over previous year to make any bonus
Very stressful environment, must work at least 50-60 hours and your only as good as your last month, at least in the SkinMedica division. I was unhappy and managed by fear most of my career. I had 4 managers in 3 years.
Great group!
Reception/Customer care (Former Employee), Goleta, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: friendly, helpful people, great benefits, learning opportunitites
Cons: laid off
I worked for Allergan Medical for 5 years, and it was a real pleasure! I learned a lot, and gained many new skills.
fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee), waco,txAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, off weekends
loved it
awesome co-workers
consistent hours
7-3 weekdays
off weekends
Well Know
Field Training Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2013
Company has solid products
Too many reps on the eye care side
botex great cash sale
good salaries
Evolution
Regulatory Analyst Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2013
There are many factors that are prepping Allergan for growth. the dynamic of teams was a pleasure to be around after leaving Amgen. I am looking to share and increase my experience and skills with a team ready to do more than think outside the box. I feel my background in working in a global setting, interacting with a multitude of time zones and cross-functional – more... teams will greatly compliment your teams needs as well as my own. – less
I Cannot Wait Until I Leave This Company...
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: micromanagement, threats, no work-life balance and lots more...
I have been with Allergan Eye Care for many years.

This company is now filled with ex Novartis reps that are managing seasoned Allergan reps like me who have been here from the start paying their dues building once a great company.

Thanks to my new manager of a few months who was a rep at a big pharma company for only 2 years, my entire team is looking – more... to get out of here, including me.

First signature call at 8:30AM and last signature call at 4:30PM...REALLY!!!

This guy needs to go back to Novartis and collect his signatures! Stay away from West/Southwest Region in Eye Care! – less
Great Company! Horrible Area Managers!
Field Sales (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: you are replaceable, fear and intimidation, no work-life balance
I work in Eye Care and not all Area Managers are bad but my Area Manager, he is a MICRO-MANAGING NIGHTMARE!!!

This guy has only been in his role for 9 months and already people have started to leave since he took over!!!

I have a young family, do not get enough time with them, always having to complete tons of paperwork and respond to emails EVERY – more... WEEKEND!!!

The constant threats of losing our jobs is too stressful for me. I am also looking to get out myself. – less
I enjoyed this position, bring good products to People thru their doctors.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2013
Pros: valuable products
Cons: scheduling
Flexibility in the day. Being able to enhance prescibing choices and bring new information and products to Doctors that could help their patients.
Allergan is my favorite company
Audio /Video Specialist and Website Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 25, 2013
Pros: has pension programs
Audio /Video Specialist and Website Specialist.
• Set up audio/video presentations for sales training. Record and post-process videos of training sessions and interviews. Perform video editing using Adobe Premier and analog editing machines.
• Design and maintain a multimedia web page for Surgical Division.
• Set up the Phaco eye-surgery machine for – more... training classes. Support sales forces web & projectors – less
Allergan Medical
STUDY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Goleta, CAMay 9, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling, good benefits, free coffee
Cons: micromanagement, decisions put off, hiring freeze
A typical day at work starts off with about 10-15 emails, then certain items you need to do, along with a meeting or two a day. The management is good, but new to the device industry. The co-workers are amazing and make a great team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant change and new directions the company takes. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is helping others conduct a clinical trial. – less

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more