Allergan

Allergan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Manager to work for and satisfying project assignments.
QA Senior Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Campbell, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: improve productivity through trainings
Cons: too many meetings and ran out of time to finish work.
Enjoyable part of the job is when we do not get observations in our FDA, MHRA, and other state, national or international audits. Hardest part of the job is when there is too much politics (no substance) that causes partial and biased decisions.
Co-workers are great, very helpful with each other.
Allergan Review
Information Analyst (Current Employee), IrvineSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficulty in joining projects
I was able to voice my ideas to upper management with ease. My opinions were being heard and I was able to manage work and school with ease.
Could be better
Non-Clinical Study Monitor (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2014
Allergan is going through a difficult time now and on the defensive for a potential takeover. Allergan's conservative, management heavy, cumbersome processes and complacent staff have allowed it to be in this position and now have to make drastic changes to try and block the takeover.
Conservative company with good work/life balance
Sr. Professional, Strat. Planning and Operations (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: exercise amenities, flexible hours, good health benefits.
Cons: unappealing bonuses and numerous silos
Hours are flexible as long as you get the job done. AGN needs to look into differentiating what a manager and leader is. Co-workers are fantastic. Hardest part of the job is knowing that AGN has a lot more potential to grow if they understand that the people they hire for managers and leaders are a factor in setting the culture. An example is that some – more... employees who should be individual contributors are rewarded by promotion to manage people, where in fact they are stifled by it.

The most enjoyable part of the job though is that this is a great company with a diverse group of individuals. Diversity brings creativity and innovation. – less
A very professional place to work at
Principle Research Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2014
My work at Allergan Inc. was a very pleasant experience. Not only my professional training was fully utilized, but also I gained management experience, work cross-functionally.
Great products tough situation
Reimbursement Business Manager, New Jersey (Current Employee), Eastern Pa/New JerseyAugust 27, 2014
Allergan is a solid company but recent developments by Valeant/Pershing Square have made it highly unstable.
Company in transition.
Health Systems Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: challenging, rewards top perfumers, innovative products.
Cons: layoffs
recent events have forced management to make hard personnel decisions.
Allergan
N/A (Current Employee), Medford, MAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: job security
The people here are wonderful to work with. I wish the company was a little less old fashioned and would allow telecommuting.
Lean global manufacturing site
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waco, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work hours/weeks
Intensely high paced global manufacturing site with diverse workforce and management.
Production Work
Production Technician in Unit Dose B2 shift (Current Employee), Waco, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: two annual shutdowns per year.
Allergan runs most departments on 12 hour shifts, each shift begins with a start up meeting to inform everyone how their lines are running and to make us aware of any upcoming changes. Working here I have learned about the different Aseptic levels and environments. There's a lot of repetitive lifting, walking and standing on each line.
nice people
Sr. Professional (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2014
coworkers are very helpful. good to have stock of reagents!!
About me....
Facial Product Specialist (Former Employee), South WestJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ability to manage your own time, flexible, good training, excellent products, qty sales meetings, meal allowance, company car, pension, medical
Cons: long distance driving, sometimes long working hours
I am always seriously committed to whatever I put my mind to. I am a highly motivated, confident sales representative with knowledge of the NHS and commercial Facial Aesthetic markets. Two very different market sectors but ones that I have excelled in, which shows I am adaptable to any given opportunity. I am extremely well organised with a strong sales – more... and event management background.

I am now looking for my next opportunity, preferably within the Medical Device sector, however I would consider other options. – less
Very little integration with team, long hours
Clinical Study Specialist (Former Employee), MarlowJuly 7, 2014
Very hectic environment dealing with several country sites and preparing each site and country for initiation.
Department was without manager for over a year, which was a bit of a handicap for team members to know which direction department was moving towards. Very little support provided if issues came up with a study site or with contract negotiations.
There – more... were some helpful and friendly co-workers, but mainly everyone kept to themselves as everyone was very busy trying to manage their workload.
Enjoyable part of job was opportunity to learn how other countries work, i.e., contracts, R&D and Ethics, when setting up studies. – less
Systems Application Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2014
This has been a fantastic place to work. Lots of great opportunities for growth and advancement.
Great company, innovative and committed to growth
Region Manager - Market Development (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: changing industry, compliance and regulations
Great people, pipeline and product portfolio. Great opportunity for advancement.
friendly environment
Production Worker (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: 40 hour work week
Cons: temporary position
Learned how to pack medicine for doctor offices. Also learned how to read expiration dates for certain medicines.
Summary
Manager Sales Operations (Current Employee), Irvine, CaMay 27, 2014
Great place to work, but difficult to get promoted due to lack of employee turnover.
Great place to work.
SENIOR MARKETING PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 9, 2014
Very solid and stable company. Highly professional organization with top notch talent.
Great company!
Clinical Services Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 28, 2014
Allergan has allowed me to learn and grow. The company overall is an amazing place to work at. Managers are driven to meet goals and for me they have been good mentors. Goal driven for some may be a bad thing but it allowed me to become more independent. Co-workers I have worked with are knowledgeable and fun to work with. The company is very diverse – more... as it is international and it has allowed me to interact with co-workers around the world. – less
Great corporate culture!
Corporate HR (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2014
Fantastic Company to work for! Opportunities to grow and learn new things. Good ammenities (gym, cafeteria, soccer fields)

1 2 3 4 5

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more