Allergan

Allergan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Scam
Customer service rep (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: sounds good
Cons: its a scam
This site is a joke. They sent me a fraud check to cash at my bank and which also got me in trouble. I will never apply to this company ever again.
Patient Centric Culture
Neuroscience Business Practice Specialist (Current Employee), Ohio and IndianaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: actavis merger creating uncertainty
Every person, from top executives to newly hired representatives, understand the difference we make at Allergan. With patient first mentality Allergan is committed to the advancement of patient accessibility to life changing medicines.
Excellent training and professional organization.
Quality Assurance Lab Inspector Lead (Former Employee), Goleta, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: advancement is difficult without continued education.
Twenty years experience in the same department due to great people and procedures in place.
FDA medical devices.
a solid product and a decent place to work
Calibration Technician (Former Employee), campbellDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefit opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Cons: no advancement opportunities, compensation does not match responsibility level.
Although a large company the individual sites are small facilities. A great place to gain experience and professional growth. If you are looking for advancement opportunities in position and compensation this may not be the place for you.
Good Benefits, Fair Salary, Good location. Too much bureaucracy and office politics
Scientist, Ocular Pharmacology, Biological Science (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits, fair salary, good location
Cons: too much bureaucracy and office politics
It was a great experience working there. Where the company culture was great and people were very helpful. The benefits package was good but is going to shift a lot recently.

The most co-works and direct supervisor were professional but some were very mean depend on which department you are working for and who was your direct supervisor/manager/director.
Allergan is a great environment to work for
Technician (Former Employee), Goleta, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
The company is very good and the working environment is great.
I had learned and grow a lot from my co-workers. Management is OK not many projects got approval. The hardest part of the job is the department budget, you do what upper management tell you to. The most enjoyable part of the job is don't have to think too hard, just do what you've been told.
Sr. Manager, Payer Access Marketing (Current Employee), Irvine, caNovember 4, 2014
10 years of sales and marketing experience and many good people.
Productive and valuable skill path enrichment, high lay-off rate.
Senior Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee), Goleta, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free learning tools. monthly events, great benefits
Cons: high lay-offs, low raises, advanced degrees for promotion
Santa Barbara site closure impacted loss of jobs for over 300 people as of 11/21/14. Work was uniform and predictable. There are a lot of opportunities to complete career advancement coursework. Benefits were great especially vision care. The hardest part was experiencing delays in approvals by the usual suspects. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was the freedom to express individual ways to improve processes. – less
Great company to work for
Sr. Quality Assurance/Control Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
If you have children this will be a great company to work for or even if you don't. The benefits are very good and there are a lot of purks to help you with life work balance.
Pharmaceuticals research
Scientist (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 3, 2014
Great company to work for, with great intellectual freedom with in the confines of a for profit research company.
A lucrative company with robust pipeline, great senior management with vision and leadership
Manager, Coding and Safety Group (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 3, 2014
Utilizes lean resources maximally, a lot of working managers. Great place to work.
Great place to work with Career growth
Analytical Chemist, (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great staff that will help you out all day long if you ask, great perks from this company such as product discounts and amazing benefits.
Cons: a very large middle management level that is difficult to deal with on projects.
Excellent career with increasing responsibilities over time. Many opportunities to work on varied lab assignments.
good workpplace
Material Handler (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 14, 2014
its ok. would advise for others to apply not for me.
people are great
management is ok
being there for 12 hours
pay
Excellent company to work for!! Great opportunities.
Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CA/Territory Al/FlOctober 8, 2014
Pros: continuous training; introducing new prescription drugs; support team for any and ever thing needed.
Cons: 5 different managers in the first 5 years.
I covered a large territory, about half of the state of Al and the pan-handle of Fl. The training was beyond any expectation. I had an entrance exam the day I arrived at company headquarters, which required a score of 90 or better. From there, we thoroughly trained to be experts with our pharmaceutical products and to have a working knowledge of competitors.
Great culture
Senior Director, Head of Portfolio Management (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: new technologies, work/life balance
Cons: limited opportunities for career advancement
Allergan is dedicated to improving patient's lives. That has been part of the company's culture. A great focus on new technologies and strong marketing team.
Home based office, but always felt connect to California office
Principal Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: outsourcing of my position
Traveled Regionally
Great co-workers
Ggood leadership
Enjoyed my work
Great Place to Work
Global Project Manager, R&D (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: big campus
Great people and great culture, Great people and great culture, Great people and great culture. Great people and great culture. Great people and great culture. Great people and great culture.Great people and great culture.Great people and great culture.Great people and great culture
Very bureaucratic
Project Manager and Trainer, Marketing Operations (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2014
So many steps for approval. Managers nee to give more autonomy to employees.
Great Manager to work for and satisfying project assignments.
QA Senior Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Campbell, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: improve productivity through trainings
Cons: too many meetings and ran out of time to finish work.
Enjoyable part of the job is when we do not get observations in our FDA, MHRA, and other state, national or international audits. Hardest part of the job is when there is too much politics (no substance) that causes partial and biased decisions.
Co-workers are great, very helpful with each other.
Allergan Review
Information Analyst (Current Employee), IrvineSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficulty in joining projects
I was able to voice my ideas to upper management with ease. My opinions were being heard and I was able to manage work and school with ease.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more