Allergan

Allergan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for
a set up maintenance operator (Former Employee), Westport, MOJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: employees very well looked after
Cons: unsociable hours
I worked as a set up Maintenance worker which involved huge responsibility as the production line relied solely on the correct set up of this line.

I had to work closely with the production department to ensure the smooth running of the various production lines.

Management left the running and operating to us but all had to be detailed and reported on a daily basis.

I enjoyed working as part of a team but equally I had to take initiative and be able to work on my own. I enjoyed the challenge.

I gained a lot of experience and satisfaction in this job & I took voluntary redundancy and that was the reason for my departing from this job.
This was once a great company to work for
Just another employee (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Before Allergan was acquired by Activas and before the hostile takeover Allergan was a great company. They provided great benefits and continued training. Promotions were hard to come by and some people seemed to have a more work than others.
Job Work/Life Balance. Gym, running track,
Analyst, Associate Quality Assurance - 1 (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: focus on healthy lifestyle with gym, running track, sports area
Cons: slow advancement/promotions
I look forward everyday to coming to work. My co-workers are my friends and we share a lot in common. Everyone is friendly and genuinely interested in you as a person. My work space is very bright and comfortable. Management is understanding of balance between work and life. The hardest part of my job is training and the most enjoyable part of my job is training as well.
Good company to work for, nice people
contractor through neSenior professonalt (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Traditional company, use to be stable. But not sure how the company goes from here. Research will be impacted. benefit is not very good, vacation
Stable company with flexible work schedule.
Clinical Project Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at work was rewarding and fulfilling. Plenty of work to keep busy and deadlines to meet on all projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining work experience and the company offering on-the-job skill training.
Would be a nice place to work with better management lower down ladder
Compounder (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: management doesn't seem to care about employees, management has no hr training
Management needs to be trained to manage and HR needs to stop turning a blind eye to bad management techniques.
Business Development Manager
New Zealand Agent (Former Employee), Auckland, NDecember 28, 2014
Allergan (previously known as Inamed and prior to that, Collagen Corporation) is a global, multi-specialty health care company with leading portfolios in eye care, neurosciences, medical dermatology, medical aesthetics, obesity intervention and urologics.
Started March 1997 as the New Zealand Agent for Collagen Corporation of Palo Alto California. The role consisted of responsibility for the sales and marketing of their bio-medical portfolio. This was a sole charge position reporting to the Australian area affiliate head office in Sydney.
At the start of 2001 Collagen Corporation was taken over by Inamed Corporation of Santa Barbara California. Their tenure lasted until March 2006 at which time the company was taken over by Allergan of Irvine California.
• Re-launched Zyderm, Zyplast, Bovine Collagen dermal filler
• Launched Hylaform, Hyluronic Acid gel dermal filler
• Launched Trilucent, radiolucent triglyceride breast implant
• Launched Cosmoderm human collagen dermal filler
It is worth noting that during Richards tenure as New Zealand Agent he was instrumental in growing the business some 800%.
The New Zealand agency was sold to Allergan in March 2008.
Context & Achievements

• Received the Australian / New Zealand Representative of the Year Award in 2005 for achieving 130% growth over the previous year
• Consistently achieved or exceeded monthly targets across all agencies and ranked in top 2 Sales Representatives for 10 consecutive years
• Maintained high level of technical product knowledge and became known as the specialist in derma filler, breast implant and botulinum – more... toxin products
• Involved with multiple successful product launches including product training and facilitating nationwide workshops for up to 10 people
• Established and managed relationships with over 70 specialist medical clients including up to 20 business-critical accounts
• Responsible for NZ territory from Kaitaia to Bluff ensuring a rigorous call cycle of every 2-4 weeks for local and large clients and 2-3 months for remainder
• Maintained strong relationship with Medsafe, the regulatory approval authority, ensuring strict adherence to compliance criteria – less
Scam
Customer service rep (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: sounds good
Cons: its a scam
This site is a joke. They sent me a fraud check to cash at my bank and which also got me in trouble. I will never apply to this company ever again.
Patient Centric Culture
Neuroscience Business Practice Specialist (Current Employee), Ohio and IndianaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: actavis merger creating uncertainty
Every person, from top executives to newly hired representatives, understand the difference we make at Allergan. With patient first mentality Allergan is committed to the advancement of patient accessibility to life changing medicines.
Excellent training and professional organization.
Quality Assurance Lab Inspector Lead (Former Employee), Goleta, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: advancement is difficult without continued education.
Twenty years experience in the same department due to great people and procedures in place.
FDA medical devices.
a solid product and a decent place to work
Calibration Technician (Former Employee), campbellDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefit opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Cons: no advancement opportunities, compensation does not match responsibility level.
Although a large company the individual sites are small facilities. A great place to gain experience and professional growth. If you are looking for advancement opportunities in position and compensation this may not be the place for you.
Good Benefits, Fair Salary, Good location. Too much bureaucracy and office politics
Scientist, Ocular Pharmacology, Biological Science (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits, fair salary, good location
Cons: too much bureaucracy and office politics
It was a great experience working there. Where the company culture was great and people were very helpful. The benefits package was good but is going to shift a lot recently.

The most co-works and direct supervisor were professional but some were very mean depend on which department you are working for and who was your direct supervisor/manager/director.
Allergan is a great environment to work for
Technician (Former Employee), Goleta, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
The company is very good and the working environment is great.
I had learned and grow a lot from my co-workers. Management is OK not many projects got approval. The hardest part of the job is the department budget, you do what upper management tell you to. The most enjoyable part of the job is don't have to think too hard, just do what you've been told.
Sr. Manager, Payer Access Marketing (Current Employee), Irvine, caNovember 4, 2014
10 years of sales and marketing experience and many good people.
Productive and valuable skill path enrichment, high lay-off rate.
Senior Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee), Goleta, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free learning tools. monthly events, great benefits
Cons: high lay-offs, low raises, advanced degrees for promotion
Santa Barbara site closure impacted loss of jobs for over 300 people as of 11/21/14. Work was uniform and predictable. There are a lot of opportunities to complete career advancement coursework. Benefits were great especially vision care. The hardest part was experiencing delays in approvals by the usual suspects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to express individual ways to improve processes.
Great company to work for
Sr. Quality Assurance/Control Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
If you have children this will be a great company to work for or even if you don't. The benefits are very good and there are a lot of purks to help you with life work balance.
Pharmaceuticals research
Scientist (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 3, 2014
Great company to work for, with great intellectual freedom with in the confines of a for profit research company.
A lucrative company with robust pipeline, great senior management with vision and leadership
Manager, Coding and Safety Group (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 3, 2014
Utilizes lean resources maximally, a lot of working managers. Great place to work.
Great place to work with Career growth
Analytical Chemist, (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great staff that will help you out all day long if you ask, great perks from this company such as product discounts and amazing benefits.
Cons: a very large middle management level that is difficult to deal with on projects.
Excellent career with increasing responsibilities over time. Many opportunities to work on varied lab assignments.
good workpplace
Material Handler (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 14, 2014
its ok. would advise for others to apply not for me.
people are great
management is ok
being there for 12 hours
pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more