Allergan (previously known as Inamed and prior to that, Collagen Corporation) is a global, multi-specialty health care company with leading portfolios in eye care, neurosciences, medical dermatology, medical aesthetics, obesity intervention and urologics.
Started March 1997 as the New Zealand Agent for Collagen Corporation of Palo Alto California. The role consisted of responsibility for the sales and marketing of their bio-medical portfolio. This was a sole charge position reporting to the Australian area affiliate head office in Sydney.
At the start of 2001 Collagen Corporation was taken over by Inamed Corporation of Santa Barbara California. Their tenure lasted until March 2006 at which time the company was taken over by Allergan of Irvine California.
• Re-launched Zyderm, Zyplast, Bovine Collagen dermal filler
• Launched Hylaform, Hyluronic Acid gel dermal filler
• Launched Trilucent, radiolucent triglyceride breast implant
• Launched Cosmoderm human collagen dermal filler
It is worth noting that during Richards tenure as New Zealand Agent he was instrumental in growing the business some 800%.
The New Zealand agency was sold to Allergan in March 2008.
Context & Achievements
• Received the Australian / New Zealand Representative of the Year Award in 2005 for achieving 130% growth over the previous year
• Consistently achieved or exceeded monthly targets across all agencies and ranked in top 2 Sales Representatives for 10 consecutive years
• Maintained high level of technical product knowledge and became known as the specialist in derma filler, breast implant and botulinum – more... toxin products
• Involved with multiple successful product launches including product training and facilitating nationwide workshops for up to 10 people
• Established and managed relationships with over 70 specialist medical clients including up to 20 business-critical accounts
• Responsible for NZ territory from Kaitaia to Bluff ensuring a rigorous call cycle of every 2-4 weeks for local and large clients and 2-3 months for remainder
• Maintained strong relationship with Medsafe, the regulatory approval authority, ensuring strict adherence to compliance criteria – less