Allergan

Allergan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great products tough situation
Reimbursement Business Manager, New Jersey (Current Employee), Eastern Pa/New JerseyAugust 27, 2014
Allergan is a solid company but recent developments by Valeant/Pershing Square have made it highly unstable.
Company in transition.
Health Systems Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: challenging, rewards top perfumers, innovative products.
Cons: layoffs
recent events have forced management to make hard personnel decisions.
Allergan
N/A (Current Employee), Medford, MAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: job security
The people here are wonderful to work with. I wish the company was a little less old fashioned and would allow telecommuting.
Lean global manufacturing site
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waco, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work hours/weeks
Intensely high paced global manufacturing site with diverse workforce and management.
Production Work
Production Technician in Unit Dose B2 shift (Current Employee), Waco, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: two annual shutdowns per year.
Allergan runs most departments on 12 hour shifts, each shift begins with a start up meeting to inform everyone how their lines are running and to make us aware of any upcoming changes. Working here I have learned about the different Aseptic levels and environments. There's a lot of repetitive lifting, walking and standing on each line.
nice people
Sr. Professional (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2014
coworkers are very helpful. good to have stock of reagents!!
About me....
Facial Product Specialist (Former Employee), South WestJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ability to manage your own time, flexible, good training, excellent products, qty sales meetings, meal allowance, company car, pension, medical
Cons: long distance driving, sometimes long working hours
I am always seriously committed to whatever I put my mind to. I am a highly motivated, confident sales representative with knowledge of the NHS and commercial Facial Aesthetic markets. Two very different market sectors but ones that I have excelled in, which shows I am adaptable to any given opportunity. I am extremely well organised with a strong sales – more... and event management background.

I am now looking for my next opportunity, preferably within the Medical Device sector, however I would consider other options. – less
Very little integration with team, long hours
Clinical Study Specialist (Former Employee), MarlowJuly 7, 2014
Very hectic environment dealing with several country sites and preparing each site and country for initiation.
Department was without manager for over a year, which was a bit of a handicap for team members to know which direction department was moving towards. Very little support provided if issues came up with a study site or with contract negotiations.
There – more... were some helpful and friendly co-workers, but mainly everyone kept to themselves as everyone was very busy trying to manage their workload.
Enjoyable part of job was opportunity to learn how other countries work, i.e., contracts, R&D and Ethics, when setting up studies. – less
Systems Application Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2014
This has been a fantastic place to work. Lots of great opportunities for growth and advancement.
Great company, innovative and committed to growth
Region Manager - Market Development (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: changing industry, compliance and regulations
Great people, pipeline and product portfolio. Great opportunity for advancement.
friendly environment
Production Worker (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: 40 hour work week
Cons: temporary position
Learned how to pack medicine for doctor offices. Also learned how to read expiration dates for certain medicines.
Summary
Manager Sales Operations (Current Employee), Irvine, CaMay 27, 2014
Great place to work, but difficult to get promoted due to lack of employee turnover.
Great place to work.
SENIOR MARKETING PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 9, 2014
Very solid and stable company. Highly professional organization with top notch talent.
Great company!
Clinical Services Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 28, 2014
Allergan has allowed me to learn and grow. The company overall is an amazing place to work at. Managers are driven to meet goals and for me they have been good mentors. Goal driven for some may be a bad thing but it allowed me to become more independent. Co-workers I have worked with are knowledgeable and fun to work with. The company is very diverse – more... as it is international and it has allowed me to interact with co-workers around the world. – less
Great corporate culture!
Corporate HR (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2014
Fantastic Company to work for! Opportunities to grow and learn new things. Good ammenities (gym, cafeteria, soccer fields)
Exciting Business Self Employeed Thru Them
Senior Territory (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 6, 2014
Great Experience on Running Business top to bottom.
Great Product
Travel 120 nights a year
Money was great
Very Sterile and Stuffy Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: too sterile and white of an atmosphere.
The bulk of my overall work was done within one to two days, then for the remainder of the work week there was a lot of down time which made my work days very slow. I work better with a consistent work flow and I work very, very, well under pressure and am very much a multi-tasker. I have learned how to work very well with very diverse personalities. – more... My other co-workers that I didn't interact with on a daily basis were absolutely wonderful, they will be the one's that I will miss the most about my job. My work atmosphere was not very comfortable...very bright white, white, walls, white floors, bright light, almost snow-blindness, long term it was affecting my health therefore decided to resign. – less
Overall good to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: good company performance, good work/life balance, good training, good benefits
Cons: bureaucracy, centralized decision making, lack of transparency, lack of growth opportunities
Overall a good company to work for. Recent re-structures affected several units. Good work/life balance, decent benefits, tall structure with many levels of VPs, directors, and managers.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security
Great co-workers
Departments being eliminated so no job stability
Good benefits
Could be very demanding at times but usually work could be done within 8 hour day
Training envrironment
Regional Manager (Former Employee), PeruJanuary 21, 2014
I developed a lot of my training skills there and identified my goals for the future

1 2 3 4 5

About Allergan

Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of – Read more