Allegion Employee Reviews

Nice to work factory company
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO20 April 2017
Homestly, its hard for me to wake up 330am sometimes 4am just to get ready to my job and i have to be there 5:45am before 6am my time work. i live in pueblo Co. and my job at Co spring. i have to travel 45mins every morning .
Pros
Yes sometime we have free lunch in oder to have many orders that you finish
Cons
We have 1st break, 2nd break and lunch break
Great Place to Intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN20 April 2017
I was an intern at Allegion for two summers. Management was friendly and seemed interested in the input of interns. The environment was great, friendly people while committed to doing a good job. Would love to go back.
great place to work
Inventory and receiving specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN31 March 2017
I was able to work in several different departments learning all aspects of the company and was promoted regularly. Great company and benefits and the management was great.
Great work/life balance
eCommerce Content Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN30 March 2017
Overall the company has a great work/life balance.
No area for career development or advancement.
Benefits are great.
Flexible is the most enjoyable part of my current role with Allegion.
Learned alot
Caribbean Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico23 March 2017
learned many things about Security products.. Fire rated doors, electronic Locks, dealing with distributors through Latin America and helped growth sales by 700%
Pros
more experience
Cons
to much traveling
New Company with a lot of potential
Indirect Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN16 March 2017
Since Allegion only spun off 3 years ago, they have made many cultural company wide improvements from what I can tell. I do enjoy working here but there are definitely some growing pains that are experienced by each employee.
Productive fast pace workplace
Assembler IV (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 February 2017
I'd rather not write a review for this company because I still work there and I have more negative than positive things to say. The hardest part of the job was working with management over my department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Small sized, dead end place.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 February 2017
Dead end place, bad management.

No new products in the pipeline.

"Milking the Cow" by those who been there long time, waiting for the payouts when laid off.
Pros
Free Snacks, Soda, Coffee.
Cons
No HR onsite. Unprofessional workplace.
Terrible morale and bullying atmosphere
Order Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO4 February 2017
They actually think that if they need to micro-manage and be bullys to get things done, well that's actually a new way.

They encourage others to spy on each other, thus eliminating trust among peers.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Terrible work atmosphere
Good pay for reasonable work in a relaxed setting
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS23 January 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Allegion because it is a job that is not too demanding or stressful, offers great pay and benefits and allows me to sit and listen to music while I work.
Pros
You can listen to music
Cons
It gets boring after a few years
my Summary
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 November 2016
A typical day here could range from having a job to do the moment you walk in, to just sitting and waiting for one to come in. The moment I started I learned their way of imaging devices and for the next two weeks or so it was repetitive. They had two sets of bathrooms in my area and that was the only thing I didn't like because they only had one stall and one urinal each. Once getting used to their programs the tasks became easier to handle. Everyone seem'd nice enough.
Great place to work you just cant get hurt on the job and then you're treated like an liability
Lean Technician-Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 October 2016
I worked there for almost 9 years. I enjoyed my job but once I got hurt on the job they treated me different. Once you get hurt on the job you're no longer an asset you're considered an liability
Pros
Inside cafeteria
Cons
Treated like a liability when you get hurt on the job they treat you like dirt
Most unfair job ever
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 September 2016
Depends on who you are to how your treated very unfair big turn over they only care about the ones who cry an lie all the time they use staffing companies instead of hiring people full time they only see one side of a issue an do not investigate very sad place
Pros
Good pay
great workplace
Assembly 5 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 September 2016
Allegion is great because they have a high degree of diversity and the benefits are great with 401K matching. The only real down-side is that it is very hard to move from second shift to first shift.
One of most racist company I have ever worked
Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 July 2016
H.R. is at it all time worst, management is like soap opera, never know what going on, if you are an African Americans they treat you like you are stupid or dumb and get blame for everything.
Pros
Racist, too many favoritism
Cons
Managements and Human Resources
Good company if your a robot
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NC2 June 2016
I was hired for their Burgaw NC plant last July 2015. It was okay until I got to really know what kind of people this company really hires. Its a manufacturing plant so they dont pick from the top they scrap at the bottom. Used to not be any background checks before I was hired. This plant had a high turnover rate, started with 20 people and within 8 months down to 9. The employees will do anything to stab each other in the back and more so for the management. The HR department does not look at someone as a whole when an complaint is brought forward and they are quick to fire the hard workers that do not cause problems but on the other hand go to great lengths to keep the employees that are the biggest head aches and do the least amount of work. If I had known then what I know now, i would have thought twice. By the way I was a back breaker employee. Gave 110% everyday but they did not take that into account when I was fired for telling one joke with another employee. The plant manager did nothing to stand and fight to hold onto a raising the bar employee.
Benefits
Cons
Management, company living by its own values.
Everday at allegion
ASSEMBLY 4 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN16 May 2016
I learned had to learn how to move with my hands and time mangement.Other then the heat its was a great job wouldnt mine going back.
Pros
FREE DRINKS
Cons
SHORTS BREAKS AND HOT CLIMATE
Midwestern culture and high tech mix
Group leader, Lead Sr. PCB Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN6 April 2016
Excellent company with proper focus on people, community, business and stable growth. I have had opportunity for reciprocal growth, Allegion and myself.
Pros
Great everything.
N/a
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 February 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is very suspect to say the least. Besides giving favor to certain employees this is a good place to work for.
Great place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, CO31 January 2016
Opportunities to learn and grow all over the world. Many different types of jobs and career paths for people with all skill levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.