Allegion

Allegion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Allegion is a good place to work, however not easy to go up the ranks
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Pros: very easy going when it comes to breaks, lunches and such
Cons: not challenging enough and the benefits are not as good as when i first started
Everyday at Allegion is different. I never know what exactly is going to happen until I get there until I get into work. I have been trained in many aspects of my job. I have learned to enter in orders from many different brands. I have also learned the ins and outs of the company as well as how the corporate world works. My Manager includes me on many – more... of the things that he does during the day, to help me get into management eventually. The hardest part of my job daily is challenging myself. It is pretty monotonous from day to day even though I am not sure what I will be doing from day to day. I am not challenged from day to day. I do enjoy being included by my manager on day to day on goings with the company and what he does during the day. – less
GREAT PLACE**Join us!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
Pros: not a large company so there is not the office politics
Cons: some departments have less opportunities to advance than others
Allegion is an excellent company to work for. A typical day for me is normally busy throughout the duration of my day. Because of my manager, I have no problem working beyond if required. My manager is extremely professional, dedicated to their team, focused and willing to gear you towards your goals. The office personnel is like a family, everyone – more... has each others back. If there's something you don't understand, they are more than willing to assist you.

I really don't consider anything to be a HARD part of my job, because I have been offered and provided training from top to bottom. – less
Stressful Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Olathe, KSOctober 15, 2014
Pros: vacation from day one
Cons: very strict with being on time with breaks and lunches
Previously was part of Ingersoll-Rand. After the spin off, departments were reorganized and most of the senior people were let go. With that being said, most of the knowledge went out the door with them. It is difficult to find someone who knows anything. This is very frustrating and causes a lot of stress when you can't get help. It also affects your – more... time on the phone with the customers. I have been with the company for a year and now it has become all about numbers.

On another note, they do have great benefits. – less
Productive workplace with a basketball court.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Security, COSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: a basketball court that you can use on breaks, you get paid to go to school (for engineering or mechanics), two fifteen minute breaks in the morning (two hours apart) and a thirty minute lunch
Cons: inconsistant hours (lots of overtime in the summer, not much work from fall through spring), required to work at least six months as a temp before able to apply for a job there, lay offs if you are there as a temp for a year, and the job security when fall hits goes down drastically.
A typical day at work usually involves moving quickly from one machine to the next to make sure that the hoppers are full and that the re-stackers are emptied when they get filled. It also involves stacking keys as well as recycling cardboard when the cart gets too full, writing up scrap when a key is shaved or zero bitted incorrectly, bent,scratched – more... too deeply, damaged in handling, or other-wise. The management there is friendly as long as you keep your nose to the grindstone and are back on time from breaks. I haven't experienced any disciplinary action because I am always working when I need to and I come back early from breaks. My co-workers are nice and help me out if a mistake was made. The hardest parts of the job (mainly during the summer) are the hours and when the machines keep jamming. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the breaks every two hours and the self-motivated work. – less
It is a good company to work for.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Carmel, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: wear jeans to work every day if we want.
Cons: traffic is terrible on drive in.
During a typical month post the payroll, travel expenses, monthly expense charges, and fleet expenses for four large business entities. Also, put fixed assets in FAS for all the entities.
Enjoy working with my co-workers. I learned how to do pivot tables and vlookups in excel.
Hardest part of the job is waiting for other people to send me the information – more... so I can do my job and send the information on to other people.
I love that we are a comfortable company which means that we can wear jeans anytime we want to work. – less
Previously Ingersoll Rand
Sr. Professional (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Great employees, managers, industry and company. Great opportunities and growth potential
Customs and International Trade Compliance - NAFTA Coordinator
NAFTA Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: respectful work environment
• Responsible of collecting NAFTA and Certificates of Origin for sector's business for Schlage Lock, Falcon, Von Duprin, LCN, STEELCRAFT, RSI
• Support with Bill of Material analysis and provide NAFTA, CAFTA (Costa Rica and Nicaragua) US-Chile FTA, US-Israel FTA and US-Korea FTA certificates to the Customers
Exelente ambiente laboral desde Gerentes hasta Operadores
Supervisor de Almacen (Current Employee), Ensenada, BCNSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: seguro medico, fondo de ahorro
Seguimiento a nuestro trabajo stadar, asistir a juntas de produccion para la revicion de la cobertura y exponer si contamos con materiales en corto y la disponibilidad de los paquetes para su movimiento.

About Allegion

At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 23 brands sold in over 120 countries – Read more