Allegion Employee Reviews

Good company if your a robot
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NC2 June 2016
I was hired for their Burgaw NC plant last July 2015. It was okay until I got to really know what kind of people this company really hires. Its a manufacturing plant so they dont pick from the top they scrap at the bottom. Used to not be any background checks before I was hired. This plant had a high turnover rate, started with 20 people and within 8 months down to 9. The employees will do anything to stab each other in the back and more so for the management. The HR department does not look at someone as a whole when an complaint is brought forward and they are quick to fire the hard workers that do not cause problems but on the other hand go to great lengths to keep the employees that are the biggest head aches and do the least amount of work. If I had known then what I know now, i would have thought twice. By the way I was a back breaker employee. Gave 110% everyday but they did not take that into account when I was fired for telling one joke with another employee. The plant manager did nothing to stand and fight to hold onto a raising the bar employee.
Benefits
Cons
Management, company living by its own values.
Good pay for reasonable work in a relaxed setting
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS23 January 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Allegion because it is a job that is not too demanding or stressful, offers great pay and benefits and allows me to sit and listen to music while I work.
Pros
You can listen to music
Cons
It gets boring after a few years
Small sized, dead end place.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 February 2017
Dead end place, bad management.

No new products in the pipeline.

"Milking the Cow" by those who been there long time, waiting for the payouts when laid off.
Pros
Free Snacks, Soda, Coffee.
Cons
No HR onsite. Unprofessional workplace.
my Summary
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 November 2016
A typical day here could range from having a job to do the moment you walk in, to just sitting and waiting for one to come in. The moment I started I learned their way of imaging devices and for the next two weeks or so it was repetitive. They had two sets of bathrooms in my area and that was the only thing I didn't like because they only had one stall and one urinal each. Once getting used to their programs the tasks became easier to handle. Everyone seem'd nice enough.
New Company with a lot of potential
Indirect Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN16 March 2017
Since Allegion only spun off 3 years ago, they have made many cultural company wide improvements from what I can tell. I do enjoy working here but there are definitely some growing pains that are experienced by each employee.
great workplace
Assembly 5 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 September 2016
Allegion is great because they have a high degree of diversity and the benefits are great with 401K matching. The only real down-side is that it is very hard to move from second shift to first shift.
Terrible morale and bullying atmosphere
Order Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO4 February 2017
They actually think that if they need to micro-manage and be bullys to get things done, well that's actually a new way.

They encourage others to spy on each other, thus eliminating trust among peers.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Terrible work atmosphere
Great place to work you just cant get hurt on the job and then you're treated like an liability
Lean Technician-Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 October 2016
I worked there for almost 9 years. I enjoyed my job but once I got hurt on the job they treated me different. Once you get hurt on the job you're no longer an asset you're considered an liability
Pros
Inside cafeteria
Cons
Treated like a liability when you get hurt on the job they treat you like dirt
One of most racist company I have ever worked
Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 July 2016
H.R. is at it all time worst, management is like soap opera, never know what going on, if you are an African Americans they treat you like you are stupid or dumb and get blame for everything.
Pros
Racist, too many favoritism
Cons
Managements and Human Resources
Most unfair job ever
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 September 2016
Depends on who you are to how your treated very unfair big turn over they only care about the ones who cry an lie all the time they use staffing companies instead of hiring people full time they only see one side of a issue an do not investigate very sad place
Pros
Good pay
Clean and productive workplace
Assembly Line Loader/Material Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN22 February 2015
Great company to work for if brought onto the company for the long term. This place provides and manufactures door handles and numerous of small materials that play a big part in today's schools system. This company would be a much greater place if they gave more attention to the hard loyal workers who show up everyday and work hard rather then those who slack and do less, only to be hired on the company due to and inside source. This really shouldn't be a problem but this is whats going on in most of Americas companies. Because your attendance and work ethic should explain everything about you to the employer.
Pros
Great food in cafeteria, good benefits, good people
Cons
Short breaks, co-worker groups that tend to worry about themselves only
Allegion is a good place to work, however not easy to go up the ranks
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 October 2014
Everyday at Allegion is different. I never know what exactly is going to happen until I get there until I get into work. I have been trained in many aspects of my job. I have learned to enter in orders from many different brands. I have also learned the ins and outs of the company as well as how the corporate world works. My Manager includes me on many of the things that he does during the day, to help me get into management eventually. The hardest part of my job daily is challenging myself. It is pretty monotonous from day to day even though I am not sure what I will be doing from day to day. I am not challenged from day to day. I do enjoy being included by my manager on day to day on goings with the company and what he does during the day.
Pros
Very easy going when it comes to breaks, lunches and such
Cons
Not challenging enough and the benefits are not as good as when I first started
Good stable company with consistent stable growth.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Security Colorado4 August 2015
Some managers are good and some not so good. Overall it is a good company with excellent benefits and opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Decent work life balance.
Cons
Good experience is department dependent.
Allegion
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS14 July 2015
Allegion is a place that preaches great values but never practices them. Management is very poor and the work place can be very toxic.
Pros
Decent benefits and great vacation
Cons
Poor leadership and no room for advancement.
Good Job, Great People
Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN4 January 2015
This used to be the best job I have ever had, and I planed on retiring from this location. I had great learning opportunities, and career grows options. But with recent changes I don't feel this job is as secure, and so I am considering other options.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good people.
Cons
Reduction in Learning ops, and growth potential
Midwestern culture and high tech mix
Group leader, Lead Sr. PCB Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN6 April 2016
Excellent company with proper focus on people, community, business and stable growth. I have had opportunity for reciprocal growth, Allegion and myself.
Pros
Great everything.
Everday at allegion
ASSEMBLY 4 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN16 May 2016
I learned had to learn how to move with my hands and time mangement.Other then the heat its was a great job wouldnt mine going back.
Pros
FREE DRINKS
Cons
SHORTS BREAKS AND HOT CLIMATE
N/a
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 February 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is very suspect to say the least. Besides giving favor to certain employees this is a good place to work for.
Great place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, CO31 January 2016
Opportunities to learn and grow all over the world. Many different types of jobs and career paths for people with all skill levels.
GREAT PLACE**Join us!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN22 October 2014
Allegion is an excellent company to work for. A typical day for me is normally busy throughout the duration of my day. Because of my manager, I have no problem working beyond if required. My manager is extremely professional, dedicated to their team, focused and willing to gear you towards your goals. The office personnel is like a family, everyone has each others back. If there's something you don't understand, they are more than willing to assist you.

I really don't consider anything to be a HARD part of my job, because I have been offered and provided training from top to bottom.
Pros
Not a large company so there is not the office politics
Cons
Some departments have less opportunities to advance than others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.