Allegion Employee Reviews

N/a
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is very suspect to say the least. Besides giving favor to certain employees this is a good place to work for.
Great place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 31, 2016
Opportunities to learn and grow all over the world. Many different types of jobs and career paths for people with all skill levels.
Excellent place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 10, 2015
Allegion has a good environment, and they really try to treat their employees well, and make sure that they are happy in their position.
n/a
Consumer Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2015
I thought allegion is a great place to work at and have throughly enjoyed my time there. it can be hectic, but nice. I really apprecited the atmosphere there
Good stable company with consistent stable growth.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Security ColoradoAugust 4, 2015
Some managers are good and some not so good. Overall it is a good company with excellent benefits and opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Decent work life balance.
Cons
Good experience is department dependent.
Allegion
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 14, 2015
Allegion is a place that preaches great values but never practices them. Management is very poor and the work place can be very toxic.
Pros
Decent benefits and great vacation
Cons
Poor leadership and no room for advancement.
Allegion - Formerly Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Product Manager - Biometrics (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 17, 2015
Allegion has been an excellent company to start my career with over 8 years ago. I have been given some solid growth opportunities which has cultivated my professional development. Allegion, in it's infancy, has become slightly more energized than Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies was, which has facilitated more innovative thinking.
Decent place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 15, 2015
Meeting the ship date requirement is number 1 priority. Employees are treated adequately. Encourage good moral by offering incentives for attendance and safety.
Pros
steady paycheck, safety incentives for no recordable incidents
Cons
low pay scale, minimal overtime available
Administrative assistant
Payroll/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityFebruary 23, 2015
Administrative Assistant to the HR director. Provide support by organizing, scheduling meetings, creation of manual, power points, HR generalist duties.
Clean and productive workplace
Assembly Line Loader/Material Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
Great company to work for if brought onto the company for the long term. This place provides and manufactures door handles and numerous of small materials that play a big part in today's schools system. This company would be a much greater place if they gave more attention to the hard loyal workers who show up everyday and work hard rather then those who slack and do less, only to be hired on the company due to and inside source. This really shouldn't be a problem but this is whats going on in most of Americas companies. Because your attendance and work ethic should explain everything about you to the employer.
Pros
great food in cafeteria, good benefits, good people
Cons
short breaks, co-worker groups that tend to worry about themselves only
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Security, COJanuary 13, 2015
Run reports, procure material, manage purchase order, create purchase orders, interact with suppliers and vendors, and gather data for management. Currently enrolled in APICs. Co-workers are nice and helpful. I enjoy the atmosphere.
Good Job, Great People
Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2015
This used to be the best job I have ever had, and I planed on retiring from this location. I had great learning opportunities, and career grows options. But with recent changes I don't feel this job is as secure, and so I am considering other options.
Pros
good benefits, good people.
Cons
reduction in learning ops, and growth potential
Upward mobility available for all who work hard and attend work daily.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2014
Hardworking team atmosphere with customer driven focus. The Management Team is always willing to help team members who need assistance. I was allowed to move up in the company be demonstrating my desire to make improvements.
Pros
incentive programs for productive team members
Cons
workload changes daily
Allegion is a good place to work, however not easy to go up the ranks
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Everyday at Allegion is different. I never know what exactly is going to happen until I get there until I get into work. I have been trained in many aspects of my job. I have learned to enter in orders from many different brands. I have also learned the ins and outs of the company as well as how the corporate world works. My Manager includes me on many of the things that he does during the day, to help me get into management eventually. The hardest part of my job daily is challenging myself. It is pretty monotonous from day to day even though I am not sure what I will be doing from day to day. I am not challenged from day to day. I do enjoy being included by my manager on day to day on goings with the company and what he does during the day.
Pros
very easy going when it comes to breaks, lunches and such
Cons
not challenging enough and the benefits are not as good as when i first started
GREAT PLACE**Join us!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
Allegion is an excellent company to work for. A typical day for me is normally busy throughout the duration of my day. Because of my manager, I have no problem working beyond if required. My manager is extremely professional, dedicated to their team, focused and willing to gear you towards your goals. The office personnel is like a family, everyone has each others back. If there's something you don't understand, they are more than willing to assist you.

I really don't consider anything to be a HARD part of my job, because I have been offered and provided training from top to bottom.
Pros
not a large company so there is not the office politics
Cons
some departments have less opportunities to advance than others
Stressful Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 15, 2014
Previously was part of Ingersoll-Rand. After the spin off, departments were reorganized and most of the senior people were let go. With that being said, most of the knowledge went out the door with them. It is difficult to find someone who knows anything. This is very frustrating and causes a lot of stress when you can't get help. It also affects your time on the phone with the customers. I have been with the company for a year and now it has become all about numbers.

On another note, they do have great benefits.
Pros
vacation from day one
Cons
very strict with being on time with breaks and lunches
Productive workplace with a basketball court.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Security, COSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work usually involves moving quickly from one machine to the next to make sure that the hoppers are full and that the re-stackers are emptied when they get filled. It also involves stacking keys as well as recycling cardboard when the cart gets too full, writing up scrap when a key is shaved or zero bitted incorrectly, bent,scratched too deeply, damaged in handling, or other-wise. The management there is friendly as long as you keep your nose to the grindstone and are back on time from breaks. I haven't experienced any disciplinary action because I am always working when I need to and I come back early from breaks. My co-workers are nice and help me out if a mistake was made. The hardest parts of the job (mainly during the summer) are the hours and when the machines keep jamming. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the breaks every two hours and the self-motivated work.
Pros
a basketball court that you can use on breaks, you get paid to go to school (for engineering or mechanics), two fifteen minute breaks in the morning (two hours apart) and a thirty minute lunch
Cons
inconsistant hours (lots of overtime in the summer, not much work from fall through spring), required to work at least six months as a temp before able to apply for a job there, lay offs if you are there as a temp for a year, and the job security when fall hits goes down drastically.
It is a good company to work for.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 24, 2014
During a typical month post the payroll, travel expenses, monthly expense charges, and fleet expenses for four large business entities. Also, put fixed assets in FAS for all the entities.
Enjoy working with my co-workers. I learned how to do pivot tables and vlookups in excel.
Hardest part of the job is waiting for other people to send me the information so I can do my job and send the information on to other people.
I love that we are a comfortable company which means that we can wear jeans anytime we want to work.
Pros
wear jeans to work every day if we want.
Cons
traffic is terrible on drive in.
Previously Ingersoll Rand
Sr. Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Great employees, managers, industry and company. Great opportunities and growth potential
Customs and International Trade Compliance - NAFTA Coordinator
NAFTA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2014
• Responsible of collecting NAFTA and Certificates of Origin for sector's business for Schlage Lock, Falcon, Von Duprin, LCN, STEELCRAFT, RSI
• Support with Bill of Material analysis and provide NAFTA, CAFTA (Costa Rica and Nicaragua) US-Chile FTA, US-Israel FTA and US-Korea FTA certificates to the Customers
Pros
respectful work environment