Allegion Employee Reviews

Most unfair job ever
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2016
Depends on who you are to how your treated very unfair big turn over they only care about the ones who cry an lie all the time they use staffing companies instead of hiring people full time they only see one side of a issue an do not investigate very sad place
Pros
Good pay
Cons
One of most racist company I have ever worked
Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2016
H.R. is at it all time worst, management is like soap opera, never know what going on, if you are an African Americans they treat you like you are stupid or dumb and get blame for everything.
Pros
Racist, too many favoritism
Cons
Managements and Human Resources
Good company if your a robot
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCJune 2, 2016
I was hired for their Burgaw NC plant last July 2015. It was okay until I got to really know what kind of people this company really hires. Its a manufacturing plant so they dont pick from the top they scrap at the bottom. Used to not be any background checks before I was hired. This plant had a high turnover rate, started with 20 people and within 8 months down to 9. The employees will do anything to stab each other in the back and more so for the management. The HR department does not look at someone as a whole when an complaint is brought forward and they are quick to fire the hard workers that do not cause problems but on the other hand go to great lengths to keep the employees that are the biggest head aches and do the least amount of work. If I had known then what I know now, i would have thought twice. By the way I was a back breaker employee. Gave 110% everyday but they did not take that into account when I was fired for telling one joke with another employee. The plant manager did nothing to stand and fight to hold onto a raising the bar employee.
Benefits
Cons
Management, company living by its own values.
Everday at allegion
ASSEMBLY 4 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2016
I learned had to learn how to move with my hands and time mangement.Other then the heat its was a great job wouldnt mine going back.
Pros
FREE DRINKS
Cons
SHORTS BREAKS AND HOT CLIMATE
Midwestern culture and high tech mix
Group leader, Lead Sr. PCB Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 6, 2016
Excellent company with proper focus on people, community, business and stable growth. I have had opportunity for reciprocal growth, Allegion and myself.
Pros
Great everything.
N/a
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is very suspect to say the least. Besides giving favor to certain employees this is a good place to work for.
Great place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 31, 2016
Opportunities to learn and grow all over the world. Many different types of jobs and career paths for people with all skill levels.
Excellent place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 10, 2015
Allegion has a good environment, and they really try to treat their employees well, and make sure that they are happy in their position.
n/a
Consumer Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2015
I thought allegion is a great place to work at and have throughly enjoyed my time there. it can be hectic, but nice. I really apprecited the atmosphere there
Good stable company with consistent stable growth.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Security ColoradoAugust 4, 2015
Some managers are good and some not so good. Overall it is a good company with excellent benefits and opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Decent work life balance.
Cons
Good experience is department dependent.
Allegion
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 14, 2015
Allegion is a place that preaches great values but never practices them. Management is very poor and the work place can be very toxic.
Pros
Decent benefits and great vacation
Cons
Poor leadership and no room for advancement.
Allegion - Formerly Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Product Manager - Biometrics (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 17, 2015
Allegion has been an excellent company to start my career with over 8 years ago. I have been given some solid growth opportunities which has cultivated my professional development. Allegion, in it's infancy, has become slightly more energized than Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies was, which has facilitated more innovative thinking.
Decent place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 15, 2015
Meeting the ship date requirement is number 1 priority. Employees are treated adequately. Encourage good moral by offering incentives for attendance and safety.
Pros
steady paycheck, safety incentives for no recordable incidents
Cons
low pay scale, minimal overtime available
Administrative assistant
Payroll/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityFebruary 23, 2015
Administrative Assistant to the HR director. Provide support by organizing, scheduling meetings, creation of manual, power points, HR generalist duties.
Clean and productive workplace
Assembly Line Loader/Material Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
Great company to work for if brought onto the company for the long term. This place provides and manufactures door handles and numerous of small materials that play a big part in today's schools system. This company would be a much greater place if they gave more attention to the hard loyal workers who show up everyday and work hard rather then those who slack and do less, only to be hired on the company due to and inside source. This really shouldn't be a problem but this is whats going on in most of Americas companies. Because your attendance and work ethic should explain everything about you to the employer.
Pros
great food in cafeteria, good benefits, good people
Cons
short breaks, co-worker groups that tend to worry about themselves only
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Security, COJanuary 13, 2015
Run reports, procure material, manage purchase order, create purchase orders, interact with suppliers and vendors, and gather data for management. Currently enrolled in APICs. Co-workers are nice and helpful. I enjoy the atmosphere.
Good Job, Great People
Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2015
This used to be the best job I have ever had, and I planed on retiring from this location. I had great learning opportunities, and career grows options. But with recent changes I don't feel this job is as secure, and so I am considering other options.
Pros
good benefits, good people.
Cons
reduction in learning ops, and growth potential
Upward mobility available for all who work hard and attend work daily.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2014
Hardworking team atmosphere with customer driven focus. The Management Team is always willing to help team members who need assistance. I was allowed to move up in the company be demonstrating my desire to make improvements.
Pros
incentive programs for productive team members
Cons
workload changes daily
Allegion is a good place to work, however not easy to go up the ranks
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Everyday at Allegion is different. I never know what exactly is going to happen until I get there until I get into work. I have been trained in many aspects of my job. I have learned to enter in orders from many different brands. I have also learned the ins and outs of the company as well as how the corporate world works. My Manager includes me on many of the things that he does during the day, to help me get into management eventually. The hardest part of my job daily is challenging myself. It is pretty monotonous from day to day even though I am not sure what I will be doing from day to day. I am not challenged from day to day. I do enjoy being included by my manager on day to day on goings with the company and what he does during the day.
Pros
very easy going when it comes to breaks, lunches and such
Cons
not challenging enough and the benefits are not as good as when i first started
GREAT PLACE**Join us!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
Allegion is an excellent company to work for. A typical day for me is normally busy throughout the duration of my day. Because of my manager, I have no problem working beyond if required. My manager is extremely professional, dedicated to their team, focused and willing to gear you towards your goals. The office personnel is like a family, everyone has each others back. If there's something you don't understand, they are more than willing to assist you.

I really don't consider anything to be a HARD part of my job, because I have been offered and provided training from top to bottom.
Pros
not a large company so there is not the office politics
Cons
some departments have less opportunities to advance than others