As Canada's largest privately owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows operates 11 branch locations across the country and 2 manufacturing plants. All Weather Windows has been named to Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and 50 Most Engaged Workplaces. We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Mississauga team.
The Health & Safety Advisor is part of a team that maintains a comprehensive safety system for All Weather Windows with a focus on our Mississauga operations. They are responsible for the coaching and leadership of our supervisors & employees with regards to safety best practices, policies, and legislation.
The Ideal Candidate will bring a proven track record of safety experience and demonstrated leadership ability in a multi-cultural workforce. They will bring knowledge of safety best practices in the manufacturing industry and relevant legislation.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Maintains current knowledge regarding industry ‘best practices’ and provincial health and safety legislation to inform Managers, Supervisors, etc.
- Provides consultation expertise on accident prevention, disability management, risk management and other health and safety practices
- Works closely with the Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
- Assists in the management of WSIB claims; development of early return to work solutions and prevention of lost time initiatives
- Promotes company and regulatory health and safety practices in the workplace
- Completes all required documentation and reports
- Performs other duties as required
Primary Qualifications Required:
- Related health and safety post-secondary education is required
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a similar environment
- In depth knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB Act and associated Codes & Standards,
- Working knowledge of injury/illness and rehabilitation guidelines is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with computers are essential
- Must be a strong team player, and able to display diplomacy and assertiveness
- Training in investigation, hazard assessment, safety program building and management
If you are interested and possess the appropriate qualifications, please visit our website at www.allweatherwindows.com/careers to submit your application.
As Canada's largest privately owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in...