A Division of All Weather Windows Ltd., AW Commercial Glazing provides products as well as design assistance and installation services for Curtain Wall, Commercial Store Front and Entry Systems as well as Internal Glazing products, including Railings, for use in commercial high rise, industrial, store front, and multi-unit residential apartment buildings and hotel applications.
We are currently recruiting for a Director for AW Commercial Glazing. This role is responsible for overseeing all sales and operational functions within this dynamic and growing Division of All Weather Windows. The successful candidate will be an individual with Commercial Glazing experience in a leadership capacity who has the ability to lead our management team across three existing branches (Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg) as we expand into new markets and offer new products and services to an ever-increasing client base.
In this position you will be responsible for...
- Developing and implementing organizational strategies that align with our corporate vision and strategic directives including the development of business systems and use of best practices to become recognized as the #1 or #2 commercial glazing contractor in every market the Division serves within three (3) years
- Participating in acquisition initiatives: including the assessment of acquisition targets, performing due diligence, and integrating new acquired operations into our existing culture to the extent it is practical and advisable
- Working with the VP of Commercial and branch management in Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg to develop annual budgets that include Sales/COGS, controllable costs, fixed overhead expenses and capital expenditures
- Regularly reviewing actual results against budgets, identifying areas that are out of line in terms of either absolute dollars or percentage terms, and developing appropriate plans together with the VP of Commercial and the Commercial management team to address same
- Increasing market share and Divisional sales while strengthening customer relations
- Approving project tenders and projects for all branches that exceed pre-established limits as per Divisional policy
- Overseeing the administration of all branches and departments, including travel to all Commercial branches, to ensure that all areas are operationally efficient, setting goals and priorities on a departmental basis while communicating progress and results regarding same
- Performing, with the assistance of the Commercial Accounting Manager, analysis on significant negative variances between estimated and actual project costs and generating reports for the VP of Commercial and the AWW executive team regarding causes and actions taken to address and prevent reoccurrences
- Partnering with our corporate marketing department to develop successful marketing material and promotional campaigns and events targeted for prospective, strategic Commercial customers
- Forming strategic partnerships with key suppliers that benefit AW Commercial Glazing without sacrificing quality or our customer commitments
- Recruiting, developing and sustaining an engaged and high-performing team of employees across all AW Commercial Glazing branches
- Ensuring all operations are in compliance with any and all relevant Health and Safety legislation, standards of practice, and corporate policy
Primary Qualifications Required:
- Ten (10)+ years in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Ideally Five (5)+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Ideally, at least three (3) years experience in the commercial glazing industry
- Related post-secondary education required. Education at the graduate level an asset
- Outstanding leadership ability. Must be able to communicate clearly, influence at all levels of the organization, and drive change while always maintaining the values of the Company and living AWW’s vision
- Solid organization and time management skills are a must
Indeed - 8 months ago