Company/Client is a world-wide manufacturer of industrial packaging and printing equipment and they are looking for a an individual to perform field service for their clients located throughout the area of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The FSE will be provided a negotiable base salary typically ranging from $50-55K per year, plus quarterly bonus, for an average total income ranging between $60-$70K, company vehicle (insurance, maintenance, gasoline covered by employer), home-office based, 100% paid/reimbursed expenses, laptop, cell phone, medical/dental benefits from start date, matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, etc. A generous training program is also provided.
Perform general field service repair and maintenance activities required to support customers and
installed machine base. Contribute to business growth and sustainment through technical involvement, influence
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Duties to include, but not be limited to, new equipment installations, customer training, emergency and routine repair, contract sales and maintenance and any other service related activities as directed by management.
2. Assigned to a divisional service territory, with primary customer list, which will be considered the primary area of responsibility.
3. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs.
4. Responsible for achieving and maintaining a level of customer satisfaction consistent with quality guidelines and objectives.
5. Collaboration and teamwork with sales members to assist with machine demos, installations, technical training, courtesy calls, customer communication and follow up activities.
6. Develop and maintain technical and operational competency on products through study, training, hands on use and field exposure to customer applications. Required to successfully complete product training courses and demonstrate a minimum competency level as defined by management.
7. Required to carry a company supplied cell phone at all times during normal working hours and respond appropriately according to the urgency and nature of the call. Cell phones should be on and monitored after normal working hours (after 5 PM and weekends) and calls responded to as needed.
8. Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations and comply with customer safety policies and regulations when at their facilities.
9. Identify and suggest opportunities for process and product improvements. Participate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
10. Paperwork, electronic transmissions, documentation and reports are to be completed accurately and on time according to the schedule and guidelines set forth by management.
11. Responsible for care of all company property, company supplied equipment, vehicles, computer, tools and test equipment.
12. Maintain an active working inventory of parts, to support the install base. The inventory will be maintained within specified perimeters, (dollar amount or usage history).
13. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
14. Perform other relevant duties as assigned by management.
Work Experience Required: 3+ years of mission-critical field service related experience or equivalent combination of education and mission-critical experience in manufacturing, preferably in the packaging industry.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid and proven knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical system theory and operation
- Proven interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Proven ability to share knowledge and conduct training to diverse audiences of varying size
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Can lead and direct others as required
- Proven time management skills; able to prioritize multiple activities and commitments
- Able to write reports, business correspondences and procedure manuals
- Can effectively present information and documentation in response to questions from managers,
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and provide solutions to problems. Creative thinker; able to reason and independently solve problems where standardization may not exist.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as but not limited to; discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, distance and speeds.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to the daily problems that area associated with the position.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form workers and customers in both verbal and written form
Work Conditions or Specific constraints (Travel…):
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively, and with little advanced notice, within assigned service territory. Overnight travel, extended stays and the ability to work overtime will be required.
- Travel outside the assigned territory and to other parts to the United States may be necessary at times.
- Exposure to hazardous materials; this includes inks and solvents
- Required to frequently lift and move machinery that weights up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, kneel, crouch, stoop or crawl.
- Potential for extreme temperature and diverse environmental conditions at work sites