The position of the independent sub-contract construction carpenter (carpenter) consists of constructing, erecting, installing, and repairing structures for All-Craft Decks & Sunrooms made of wood, plywood, etc, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools on a labor payout basis per project.
- Assemble and fasten materials for framing using hand tools and fastening hardware;
- Frame and finish decks, and other wooden structures, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools;
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment;
- Inspect wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures;
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools;
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools;
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw;
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches and/or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
Qualifications and requirements
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job and to monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Technical school and 4 years of direct job experience with sufficient skill in basic carpentry to build All-Craft decks and accessories to plan, specification and standard;
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges;
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude;
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical;
Lines of communication
- Direct communication with All-Craft Project Manager;
- Works diligently to fulfill the All-Craft Operating System Construction Objective: “To build All-Craft projects to plan, specification, and standard, on time and on budget.”
- Owns and maintains in good operating order a complete set of hand and portable power tools required for carrying out carpentry duties and those of any other trade in which you work;
- Owns a pickup truck or van and maintains it in good operating order and appearance;
- While performing the duties of this job, the sub-contractor carpenter works in outside weather conditions and in the dirt of demolition and general construction;
Indeed - 16 months ago
All-Craft Decks & Sunrooms is a full service Residential Exterior Design and Remodeling Contractor serving the Greater Halifax area....