Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with great practices
Intern/Software Engineer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Work is done in on a flexible yet concrete schedule. Coworkers are knowledgeable and always ready to help one another when in need.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2016
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Can be long hours.
Awesome group of people who create a family environment. People go out of their way to help each other and support team efforts.
Good Place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Fairlakes, VAMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Good fringe benefits, including health insurance
Cons: Flexibility of telecomuting
The company has complex business models and is quite challenging in many aspects. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people, everyone seems very nice.
Alion Science
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New London, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Was able to telecommute from home when needed
Cons: None
A typical day at work was very busy doing multiple tasks throughout the day. I was in charge of running the facility at every level which I started doing back in 2013 and learned quite a bit on how everything is run. Management was very supportive and the co-workers were very pleasant and easy to work with.
ok
Associate Engineer Support / Animal Technician (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: got time spend with kids at school
Cons: over time manament went down hill
Assign Weekly and Monthly work assignments.
Providing animal husbandry support toxicology studies
Worked fine with coworkers
Good work environment
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Good people
Cons: Short contract work
Good place to work and advance with the right skill set.
Good managers.
Good environment
Nice travel
Great work with challenges for those looking to excel
Doing work that matters
Productive DoD contractor
System Administrator (Former Employee), Point Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Bennefits, Insurance
Cons: none
Nice company to work for, friendly professional folks. Staff is knowlegable and professional. The job was challenging but not overwhelming
Average at best.
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee), Pentagon, DCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Mission of supporting men and women of the United States Armed Forces.
Cons: No company loyalty, No growth opportunity, Pay freeze, Cut out of award fee bonus, Poor leadership and management produced drop of stock value from $40 to $1 per share when sold.
Although an "Alion employee," this is in name only for pay, benefits, and tax purposes only. Am really an employee of the contract. When the contract ends, employment with Alion ends. No opportunity for advancement. Have never discussed future growth opportunities in Alion with any Alion leadership. Lost over $40,000 when Alion stock tanked and Alion was bought at $1.25 per share. Think Enron. Pay frozen for past 2+ years. Cut out of government award fee bonus. Would not recommend Alion as a place for employment unless it's the only option until find something better.
productive and a fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Bath ME and Pascagoula, MSOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Holiday partys bring everyone together
Cons: dental care
Management was friendly and very helpful, a work day exist of working on the computer mostly doing database work. breaks were there if you wanted them, I usually did not take one. Lunch only.
Skill development was very limited
Facility Security Officer for Alion (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZOctober 2, 2015
If you were assigned to work in a remote location you were on own for skill development. Was not allowed to other locations to interact other work.
Excellent Company
Lead Technical Writer (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GASeptember 17, 2015
Pros: People friendly company
Cons: Dependent on continued goverment contracts.
Enjoyed working here and hated to leave (end of year gov. funding was not renewed for task). The work environment is excellent and the office is growing (in the engineering area).
Productive work environment
Configuration/Data Management Analyst (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Work life balance
The enjoyable part of my jobs working with my client and subcontractors. It can be productive if you work with a good team, but that is few and far between.
Excellent work environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Horrible top level management that should have been fired if this were a public traded company.
The Pascagoula office is a wonderful workplace. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is a laid back environment where you do not have constant stress.

For my job title, there is no advancement unless you are willing to relocate.

The company as a whole is horribly mismanaged. Stock prices have been driven down from $44 a share to being bought out at $1.19 a share. As bad as this company has been managed, there has been no change at top level, who still receives bonuses.
Productive and team environment
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
This company does not believe in pay raises or advancement within the lower echelon; only management. employees are allowed to work from home with approval of their Program Manager and/or client
Terrible company
Contractor for EPA (Current Employee), Bogart, GAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management is poor, low pay, no earned time off.
Terrible working environment, management does not know or understand what each employee does on a day to day basis. Pay rates are low and benefits are subpar.
Good management but poor CEO
Adelphi Md Customer site (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good people, my boss is great
Cons: Alion owes a lot of money
Alion is a good company to work for but the situation the company is in with the money is not good. My boss is great , hours good etc
Great job with outstanding group of people
Director, Mission Support (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2015
I've enjoyed working on the SAFTAS contract for 14+ years. It was my first job after retiring from the Air Force after 23 years of active duty military service. the SAFTAS Contract was a 15 year contract thus allowing me to grow within an organization and maintain continuity with the client.
Good company
Lead Program Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2015
Great company to gain professional skills. Not a lot of upward mobility. Solid compensation package. Great coworkers with a tight-knit feeling to daily interactions.
nice atmosphere
Communications Specialist Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2015
Pros: conveniently located to customer, nice building and office spaces, friendly people, calm atmosphere
a typical workday is calm and productive. occasional trips down the street to the navy yard customer. co-workers and management are friendly and fair. hardest part of job is making sure our customer is completely satisfied. most enjoyable part of job is the nice atmosphere.
I prefer not to give a complete summary at this time
Senior Logistics Analyst - (HSC Material (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
Pros: My immediate manager is a pretty fair person
I prefer to keep my personal opinion about my current employer to myself. However, I will say that the most enjoyable part of the job is I work autonomously and my fellow employees make coming to work acceptable.