Alion Science and Technology

Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

Personally rewarding, Amazing Experience
Senior Logisitic Analyst/SME/FSR (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 25, 2016
Always a different challenge everyday. Work with amazing people. Personally rewarding due to the fact that we were able to help soldiers regarding fuel, and safety. Cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Contracting world is not the securest of income
Hands on job but work was monotonous
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crane, INJune 20, 2016
Overall, I would say that this job taught me how to stay on task, even when I did not enjoy the work every day.

A typical work day changed on a daily basis. It was the same type of work, but the parts that we worked on changed every couple of days. We assisted in building a radio system to place on the back of military vehicles. There were around 200 pieces that fit on each pallet so we were tasked with putting them together.

The job tested my motivation but I was able to push through. My co-workers were good people that were pretty easy to work with. We did not develop any outside of work relationship.

The hardest part of the job was doing the same thing about 200 times per day but I learned to persevere. The most enjoyable part of the day was that the day-to-day duties changed.
Pros
Easy work environment, co-workers
Excellent customer focus
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2016
Everyone was focused on customer satisfaction, so there was good teamwork to do the job well. Upper level management ran the ship aground.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Frequent management turnover
A pleasant place.
Mathematician/Statistician/Econometrician (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 7, 2016
The best part of the job was my contract work for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The work was interesting and provided for the acquisition of new techniques in my profession.
Need to work the bugs out
Executive Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 25, 2016
A great working environment full of intelligent professionals. But company leadership has made many bad choices over years, and this has led to hard times in the current industry environment. Two bad quarters and many lost recompetes have led to several hundred employees leaving the company, many involuntarily. Key management has been stripped out so critical thought leadership needed to grow the company is non-existant. Wait a couple of years before considering a job at Alion. They need to turn their ship around first.
Pros
Great technical and services staff.
Cons
Poor leadership incapable of competing in tough Federal market.
Excellent company to work for
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 13, 2016
I have been employed at this company for 11 years there is great opportunity for advancement I have been promoted 3 times in those 11 years, I started off as a temp for 1 year then hired permanently for the past 10 years nothing but growth there are some management who gave me the ability to learn new things I love everything about my position and manager. The most enjoyable thing about working at Alion is the ability to advance and free educational classes.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crane, IN 47522May 10, 2016
I have some of the best people that anyone could ever ask for to work with. We have a lot of fun while getting our job done everyday.
Depressing company to work for
Senior Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 6, 2016
Management does not value or reward employees with a strong work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch break and going home for the day. Management also stressed "teamwork", but would allow certain employees to get paid for doing nothing all day.
Pros
Good benefits for health, dental and vision
Cons
Management shows favoritism to certain employess
Wonderful staff
Corporate Closeout Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with highly skilled people in their respective fields. Co-workers are top notch and create a very enjoyable work environment.
Fair Place to Work
Associate Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2016
It's a good place to get your foot in the door. My coworkers are kind, personable people who gp the extra mile to mentor juniors like myself. The Navy programs that I work on serve as challenging, interesting work.
Pros
People
Cons
Not that much vacation days
Productive workplace with great practices
Intern/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Work is done in on a flexible yet concrete schedule. Coworkers are knowledgeable and always ready to help one another when in need.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2016
Awesome group of people who create a family environment. People go out of their way to help each other and support team efforts.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can be long hours.
Good Place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlakes, VAMarch 3, 2016
The company has complex business models and is quite challenging in many aspects. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people, everyone seems very nice.
Pros
Good fringe benefits, including health insurance
Cons
Flexibility of telecomuting
Alion Science
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy doing multiple tasks throughout the day. I was in charge of running the facility at every level which I started doing back in 2013 and learned quite a bit on how everything is run. Management was very supportive and the co-workers were very pleasant and easy to work with.
Pros
Was able to telecommute from home when needed
ok
Associate Engineer Support / Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Assign Weekly and Monthly work assignments.
Providing animal husbandry support toxicology studies
Worked fine with coworkers
Pros
got time spend with kids at school
Cons
over time manament went down hill
Good work environment
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Good place to work and advance with the right skill set.
Good managers.
Good environment
Nice travel
Great work with challenges for those looking to excel
Doing work that matters
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short contract work
Productive DoD contractor
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Point Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Nice company to work for, friendly professional folks. Staff is knowlegable and professional. The job was challenging but not overwhelming
Pros
Bennefits, Insurance
Average at best.
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJanuary 12, 2016
Although an "Alion employee," this is in name only for pay, benefits, and tax purposes only. Am really an employee of the contract. When the contract ends, employment with Alion ends. No opportunity for advancement. Have never discussed future growth opportunities in Alion with any Alion leadership. Lost over $40,000 when Alion stock tanked and Alion was bought at $1.25 per share. Think Enron. Pay frozen for past 2+ years. Cut out of government award fee bonus. Would not recommend Alion as a place for employment unless it's the only option until find something better.
Pros
Mission of supporting men and women of the United States Armed Forces.
Cons
No company loyalty, No growth opportunity, Pay freeze, Cut out of award fee bonus, Poor leadership and management produced drop of stock value from $40 to $1 per share when sold.
productive and a fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bath ME and Pascagoula, MSOctober 7, 2015
Management was friendly and very helpful, a work day exist of working on the computer mostly doing database work. breaks were there if you wanted them, I usually did not take one. Lunch only.
Pros
Holiday partys bring everyone together
Cons
dental care
Skill development was very limited
Facility Security Officer for Alion (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZOctober 2, 2015
If you were assigned to work in a remote location you were on own for skill development. Was not allowed to other locations to interact other work.