Alion Science and Technology

Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Lead Program Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2015
Great company to gain professional skills. Not a lot of upward mobility. Solid compensation package. Great coworkers with a tight-knit feeling to daily interactions.
nice atmosphere
Communications Specialist Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2015
Pros: conveniently located to customer, nice building and office spaces, friendly people, calm atmosphere
a typical workday is calm and productive. occasional trips down the street to the navy yard customer. co-workers and management are friendly and fair. hardest part of job is making sure our customer is completely satisfied. most enjoyable part of job is the nice atmosphere.
I prefer not to give a complete summary at this time
Senior Logistics Analyst - (HSC Material (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
Pros: My immediate manager is a pretty fair person
I prefer to keep my personal opinion about my current employer to myself. However, I will say that the most enjoyable part of the job is I work autonomously and my fellow employees make coming to work acceptable.
can be challenging
Ship Inspector (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSJune 1, 2015
I've found that the ideals that Alion has were very similar to that of the Navy's. personnel are about the same caliper as my peers in the Navy
Be billable or be gone
Engineer (Current Employee), ABQ NMMay 31, 2015
Pros: location is good
Cons: Current management communication is non-existent
The nuclear division is a one subject Division - unstable and may not exist much longer.

The QA Manager is good - a couple good Sr Tech folks -
Underutilized Potential
Technical Editor/Writer Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: I am approved to work from home for some of my Unpaid Time.
Cons: No sick days and limited PTO. No suggestion boxes or ways to improve moral.
Day-to-day tasks are to just do what the government client wants. There is no room for suggestions or creative ideas whether for process, product, or office moral.

There is no room for even anonymous suggestions and/or a human resources person to talk to on site.

The company itself is average. The office culture is mundane at best.
Excellent company
Logistics Analyst Principal (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
Excellent company to work for and constantly working to improve customer relations and satisfaction while also keeping employees happy.
Finace Team (Current Employee), VAMarch 4, 2015
Great Co-workers in a work environment that enables career development and growth. It is a fast paced company that enables a financial analyst to learn new skills that are not afforded at other companies.
Corporate Services Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VirginiaMarch 4, 2015
Great place to work. Great people in upper management that listen. Amazing co-workers. Everyone works as a team to get the job done.
Good work life balance
Engineer (Current Employee), Mystic, CTFebruary 23, 2015
Friendly coworkers, interesting work, and good work life balance. My group organizes social events(picnics, chili/chowder cook off, birthday cake) throughout the year.
Well maintained office space, but has problems.
Data Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits while on the job
Cons: uncaring corporate management, no severance pay due to loss of work
Nice offices to work in with good people, with decent on the job benefits. Employees, however, not informed of training opportunities, training and information website hard to navigate, and corporate management cuts itself off from its fellow employees and values their own time over the customer's.
Professional Group
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2015
Outstanding company with great people. When my wife passed away, they were very supportive and gave me the time off I needed.
Typical day
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Alion Science and Technology Lanham, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great parking
Cons: no room for growth
• Analyze DNS logs daily to pull malicious URL’s to be analyzed, filtered out and blocked.
• Test Malware samples in a Sandbox environment. Use Wireshark, Process Explorer, Install rite, and other various tools
• Monitor user usages and applications Phone Factor/VPN/Microsoft Azure/ and Two Factor Authentication
• Add and remove filters in the LEM {Log Event Manager} as necessary
• Use Websense to add and remove Malicious URL’s, monitor band with, and filter out bad websites daily for the whole Enterprise.
• Build and run cables in server room for new and old Appliances.
• Act as a tier two helpdesk for tier one as needed.
• Provide analysis and monitoring so Source Fire and Snort on as needed basis
• Use the Ghost application to image machines that come to our location with any type of infection.
Good people
Senior Curriculum Developer (Former Employee), Lviv, UkraineJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great bosses
Cons: unfamiliar with overseas employee concerns
Good people to work for. Kept us gainfully employed. Admirable concern for both customer and client needs
A very great company to work for.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 17, 2014
The best company I have ever worked for. Great benefits, growth, perfect location.
Excellent place to grow
Senior Marine Engineer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 18, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time while here at Alion. They arean excellent place to bond as a team.
The management is fair and supportive.
Any goals expected of you are plainly stated far in advance.
All of the people I have encountered in the workplace are helpful and know that they are part of a team. Any shortfalls that may occur are quickly taken care by coworkers of without reservation.
Not very productive or organized
Sr. Science assistant necropsy (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 29, 2014
Not a friendly company to work for. Need new management and new direction
Nice Place to work
Program Planning Analyst/Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice.
Cons: you may have a lot of different managers
Pretty manageable days at work. Not very hard work so far but, I haven't worked her long. Company seems to be good.
Great Environment
Senior Subcontract Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 23, 2014
The team I work for is great!

Daily I support 4 different program managers and assist in problem solving. Funding subcontractors, issuing subcontract agreements, etc.
Decent Place to start out or end up
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee), DCOctober 18, 2014
You have some control over the contracts you work on, so you can pick clients that are fast-paced, or you can have much more laid back clients. They do a good job tryign to retain employees, but struggle, like many companies these days, with monetary promotions.

Would be nice if there was more training and mentorship from management. There are a handfull of really good manager's though... And either way, you generally interact with your clients, not necessarily your managers..

1 2 3 4

About Alion Science and Technology

Alion creates alliances between science and big government. Alion Science and Technology is an employee-owned development and – Read more

Alion Science and Technology Photos

Bench-top Alion Magnetic Effects Sensor Demonstrator used for sensing IEDs and landmines