Alion Science and Technology

Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 13, 2016
I have been employed at this company for 11 years there is great opportunity for advancement I have been promoted 3 times in those 11 years, I started off as a temp for 1 year then hired permanently for the past 10 years nothing but growth there are some management who gave me the ability to learn new things I love everything about my position and manager. The most enjoyable thing about working at Alion is the ability to advance and free educational classes.
Depressing company to work for
Senior Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 6, 2016
Management does not value or reward employees with a strong work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch break and going home for the day. Management also stressed "teamwork", but would allow certain employees to get paid for doing nothing all day.
Pros
Good benefits for health, dental and vision
Cons
Management shows favoritism to certain employess
Alion Science
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy doing multiple tasks throughout the day. I was in charge of running the facility at every level which I started doing back in 2013 and learned quite a bit on how everything is run. Management was very supportive and the co-workers were very pleasant and easy to work with.
Pros
Was able to telecommute from home when needed
Average at best.
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJanuary 12, 2016
Although an "Alion employee," this is in name only for pay, benefits, and tax purposes only. Am really an employee of the contract. When the contract ends, employment with Alion ends. No opportunity for advancement. Have never discussed future growth opportunities in Alion with any Alion leadership. Lost over $40,000 when Alion stock tanked and Alion was bought at $1.25 per share. Think Enron. Pay frozen for past 2+ years. Cut out of government award fee bonus. Would not recommend Alion as a place for employment unless it's the only option until find something better.
Pros
Mission of supporting men and women of the United States Armed Forces.
Cons
No company loyalty, No growth opportunity, Pay freeze, Cut out of award fee bonus, Poor leadership and management produced drop of stock value from $40 to $1 per share when sold.
Fair Place to Work
Associate Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2016
It's a good place to get your foot in the door. My coworkers are kind, personable people who gp the extra mile to mentor juniors like myself. The Navy programs that I work on serve as challenging, interesting work.
Pros
People
Cons
Not that much vacation days
Good Place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlakes, VAMarch 3, 2016
The company has complex business models and is quite challenging in many aspects. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people, everyone seems very nice.
Pros
Good fringe benefits, including health insurance
Cons
Flexibility of telecomuting
Good work environment
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Good place to work and advance with the right skill set.
Good managers.
Good environment
Nice travel
Great work with challenges for those looking to excel
Doing work that matters
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short contract work
ok
Associate Engineer Support / Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Assign Weekly and Monthly work assignments.
Providing animal husbandry support toxicology studies
Worked fine with coworkers
Pros
got time spend with kids at school
Cons
over time manament went down hill
Wonderful staff
Corporate Closeout Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with highly skilled people in their respective fields. Co-workers are top notch and create a very enjoyable work environment.
Productive workplace with great practices
Intern/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Work is done in on a flexible yet concrete schedule. Coworkers are knowledgeable and always ready to help one another when in need.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2016
Awesome group of people who create a family environment. People go out of their way to help each other and support team efforts.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can be long hours.
Productive DoD contractor
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Point Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Nice company to work for, friendly professional folks. Staff is knowlegable and professional. The job was challenging but not overwhelming
Pros
Bennefits, Insurance
Excellent work environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 16, 2015
The Pascagoula office is a wonderful workplace. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is a laid back environment where you do not have constant stress.

For my job title, there is no advancement unless you are willing to relocate.

The company as a whole is horribly mismanaged. Stock prices have been driven down from $44 a share to being bought out at $1.19 a share. As bad as this company has been managed, there has been no change at top level, who still receives bonuses.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Horrible top level management that should have been fired if this were a public traded company.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crane, IN 47522May 10, 2016
I have some of the best people that anyone could ever ask for to work with. We have a lot of fun while getting our job done everyday.
productive and a fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bath ME and Pascagoula, MSOctober 7, 2015
Management was friendly and very helpful, a work day exist of working on the computer mostly doing database work. breaks were there if you wanted them, I usually did not take one. Lunch only.
Pros
Holiday partys bring everyone together
Cons
dental care
Excellent Company
Lead Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 17, 2015
Enjoyed working here and hated to leave (end of year gov. funding was not renewed for task). The work environment is excellent and the office is growing (in the engineering area).
Pros
People friendly company
Cons
Dependent on continued goverment contracts.
Productive work environment
Configuration/Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2015
The enjoyable part of my jobs working with my client and subcontractors. It can be productive if you work with a good team, but that is few and far between.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Work life balance
Productive and team environment
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2015
This company does not believe in pay raises or advancement within the lower echelon; only management. employees are allowed to work from home with approval of their Program Manager and/or client
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Great job with outstanding group of people
Director, Mission Support (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2015
I've enjoyed working on the SAFTAS contract for 14+ years. It was my first job after retiring from the Air Force after 23 years of active duty military service. the SAFTAS Contract was a 15 year contract thus allowing me to grow within an organization and maintain continuity with the client.
nice atmosphere
Communications Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2015
a typical workday is calm and productive. occasional trips down the street to the navy yard customer. co-workers and management are friendly and fair. hardest part of job is making sure our customer is completely satisfied. most enjoyable part of job is the nice atmosphere.
Pros
conveniently located to customer, nice building and office spaces, friendly people, calm atmosphere