Alican Plastics Inc. has now developed into a large company providing services to various industries in Canada, the USA, and Europe. Alican can take care of all the design and manufacturing requirements for your project or provide a portion of our services to compliment your enterprise. This frees your resources to concentrate on product marketing. Alican has the experienced staff and the most up-to-date hardware and software to ensure that all our customers receive quality products.
As a qualified candidate, you’re able to:
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, tooling or parts, according to specifications and quality standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to production.
- Responsible for documentation, preventive maintenance plans and training.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new productions to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies knowledge of Plastics materials to develop processing parameters and assist production if problems are encountered. Provide documentation of process parameters to production.
- Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement
- Estimates future manufacturing requirements and helps to ensure that the quality of the product produced meets all customer requirements.
- Direct/coordinate New Project Development, Production, Production Control, Tooling, Safety and Maintenance.
- Answer machine alarms and requests for assistance from operators and QA inspectors
- Work with QA and recognize good product. Cycle out part problems when identified
- Monitor cycle times. Monitor Scrap. Keep Molds cleaned and lubed.
- Ensure the completion of Cleaning Log.
- Ensure the completion of shop documentation: shift log books, cycle sheets, cycle adjustment sheets, start-up sheets, set-up notification, tooling correction requests (TCRs) and maintenance correction requests (MCRs).
- Participate in shift-to-shift communication: walk-through with the other shift, reading and filling out the shift log. Oversee, assist and train the material handlers and set-up personnel.
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are being observed and practiced.
You possess the following experience and educational background:
- A bachelor degree in plastics engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in plastics production
- A minimum of 2 years supervisor experience in plastics industry
- Knowledge of current plastics technology, injection protocols, and verification measures
- Knowledge of processing engineering polymers
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must be fluent in English
You will be paid at 30 per hour and your shift will be 7 hours per day.
Indeed - 19 months ago