- Strong leadership skills in wilderness activities
- Advanced canoeing skills
- Personable, friendly and an enthusiasm for sharing the outdoors with others
- Language skills - English is required. Japanese, German, Spanish, Portugese (Brazilian), Dutch, French, Italian and Chinese (Madarin & Cantonese) are all assets.
- Experience in multi-day canoe tripping and traveling in a back country environment
- A sunny and outgoing personality
- Strong work ethic (the job can be demanding on many levels)
- Ability to lift/carry 80+ pounds with no difficulty
- Clean driving record
- Current First-Aid and CPR
- Working knowledge of the natural history, flora and fauna of the area is very important. Qualified
applicants are able to lead a detailed discussions on all things Algonquin.
- Personal guiding kit
- NLS and/or ORCA 2 certification is a plus
- Teaching experience is a plus
- A degree in natural sciences or outdoor recreation is a plus
- Non tobacco smoker (boss is a cancer survivor)
- Guiding canoe trips in a safe and professional manner
- Providing an educational and fun experience for guests
- Set up, take down and cleaning of tents, tarps and other camp items
- Wilderness and canoe skills instruction
- Food preparation, service and cleaning
- Representing Algonquin Park Canoe Trips in a professional manner at all times
- Driving company vehicle to transport clients or equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Seasonal, mid-May through October. Our greatest need for guides is from mid-June through August. Work schedules may be erratic and difficult to predict as they are based on bookings.
- $103/day plus tips
- Awesome work environment with a fun & growing company
- Accommodations can be arranged
Interested parties are invited to submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they would be an asset to our team. Check out more about us @ www.AlgonquinParkCanoeTrips.com .