Algonquin College

Algonquin College Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sit down job that allows for getting personal work done
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 25, 2012
Pros: reasonably light work load, good co-workers
Cons: bad hours, too few hours
Because so few students ever seem to actual come for assistance, it's easy to just do my own homework or side projects and help advance my own ends. In my free time on the job, I've worked on producing a particle system that has turned into a visual representation of mathematical formulas. When a student does require assistance, however, I'm there to – more... help them and put all my work on the side until that student is assisted. – less
good, interesting employer
Teacher (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: people interaction
Cons: non
I great place to work, was renovation inspector and control last 5 years, after being plant lead hand and looking after all aspects of equipment and building maintenance for 16 years. Delt with all customer problems physical resources, dealing with building and environment.
Marketing for Design
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: recognition
Cons: long hours
- I was responsible individually to design and produce the branding and the marketing logo and website for the Interior Design Graduation Show of 2011 of Algonquin College. This even is one of the most prestigious events for graduates of interior design to establish strong networking with design firms in the industry. I was also responsible for sending – more... out invitations.
- I learned how to relate my education experience into real working project. I used my photography skills to produce artistic black and white photos of each student.
- I had to be working for long hours since I was managing the project in my own.
- Long hours.
- I loved the look of all my professors and professionals when they saw what I have came up with. I also got the appreciations of the students for presenting them professionally to their future potential employees. – less
Interesting place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: lots of new ideas.
Cons: parking is difficult.
Great place to work. Fun seeing so many people learning new trades and pursuing their futures. Hardest part of the job is finding a place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is eating at the school of cooking, having massage at the health centre and getting your hair done at the hairdressing school!
It is just a part-time job as a cashier
Cafeteria Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2012
Pros: simple and clean
Cons: tons of spare time
Stand at the machine and arranged shifts of servers.

Handled the cash register, when people buy stuff, I am dealing with the changes and payment.

It is easy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that sometimes it has a lot of spare time.
A rewarding job assisting students and faculty in a friendly environment.
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMarch 23, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: the late hours
Typical day at work I would assist customers in finding their textbooks and taking payment. I learned the series of textbooks which were required for courses at different levels, more interesting was textbooks verses e-books or applia/lyrx applications for several educational programs. Management assisted in explaining to me the various learning methods – more... which the students and faculty require. The hardest part of the job was learning which material was required for the courses the student was registered in. The most enjoyable part of my job was trying to help the customer save money when purchasing material required for their course. – less
Nice huge tutoring area for students
Peer tutor (Current Employee), Tutor CenterFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great experience of leadership and knowledge of school work material
I am current studying in forth semester, I have average 3.7/4.0 GPA to register to be a peer tutor (requirement is 2.7). The area of my teaching is included every course I had in the previous three semesters such as accounting, economic, material and operations management or statistics. I am available to be booked on Monday to Saturday when I do not – more... have class. – less
Interesting and essential lab, in an exciting and pro-active college.
Language Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Language Lab B453January 23, 2013
Pros: meeting lots of interesting people was exciting.
Cons: it was only part-time work, and i would have liked to have been there longer.
The language lab in Algonquin College is an organized learning zone, where foreign students come to learn English as a second language.
My job included welcoming the students, and teachers, into the lab each day, directing them to the allocated area where they were to work. I worked as part of a team ensuring that each area was organized, clean and – more... tidy, and ready for use each morning. I assisted students in the use of the software, and answered any questions, or solved any problems they may have had whilst using the facilities in the lab.
Teachers used our facilities to obtain textbooks on a daily basis, and the library was maintained by using a catalog system, to keep track of the books.
I enjoy interaction with people, and found this to be extremely rewarding work. – less
Productive and amazing work place with immense growth opportunities in terms of learning and student base.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Peer tutoring OfficeFebruary 17, 2012
It is such a great place to work. Being a peer tutor has opened lot of opportunities for me.