Algoma District School Board Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON29 January 2017
Working as a Cleaner for the Algoma District School Board was a great experience. There was many employees who brought a team first attitude to work, and it was a great atmosphere.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Long Wait for a Full Time Job
Love every student I teach!
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie16 August 2015
Very unsteady work with little or no chance at advancement. FT employment would be amazing but doesn't seem to be in the cards any time soon. I am very sad that I can no longer live without salary and benefits.
Pros
Students
Cons
Inconsistent
Good employment if you have young children in school
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Many schools in Sault Ste Marie3 April 2015
During a typical day I worked with children with a variety of special needs. Usually with a team of co-workers, always under a qualified teacher. Both the hardest and the most enjoyable part of my job was the children and leaving my work at school, not taking it home with me, I learned a lot from the children, I often wonder how taught whom more.
Pros
school holidays off
Cons
6 hour days
Dept & Superintendents
software/hardware tech (Former Employee) –  sault ste. marie ontario canada10 November 2014
People in the Dept were excellent to work and be with.
But, the Superintendent of Business resorted to 'lying' to put his agenda through in dealing with my salary request. Upper management looks at union staff as 'peasants' and discriminate against non-union staff. I felt like I was a "James Brown". Unfair wages.
Pros
dept staff
Cons
clear discrimination vs non-union
I like my hours.
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie11 July 2013
My co-worker is absolutely fabulous. The other secretaries are wonderful.
Pros
Holidays at the same time as my children had.
Cons
The pay is not enough for the work we do and we don't get paid when students have holidays.
Work as Occasional Teacher with little room for advancement due to declining enrollment.
Occasional Teacher - Ongoing (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie ON2 June 2013
The ADSB is fun and supportive to work for as an Occasional Teacher, however, as student enrollment is declining right now there is very little opportunity to move into a full-time teaching role.
Pros
Opportunities for time management and other professional positions.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Job Expectations
Noon Hour Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON4 March 2013
I would attend an elementry school during the lunch hour and supervise children inside and out. I was required to have a criminal background check every year and passed.
Wonderful place of employment.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON1 November 2012
Great employer! Great place to work at. It has been a pleasure to work as a teacher and department head for this Board of Education. I learned new things everyday with my students and my colleagues. Engaged in lifelong learning opportunities. Very friendly co-workers. Very cooperative administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algoma District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.

Algoma District School Board Reviews by Location