Algoma District School Board

Algoma District School Board Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dept & Superintendents
software/hardware tech (Former Employee), sault ste. marie ontario canadaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: dept staff
Cons: clear discrimination vs non-union
People in the Dept were excellent to work and be with.
But, the Superintendent of Business resorted to 'lying' to put his agenda through in dealing with my salary request. Upper management looks at union staff as 'peasants' and discriminate against non-union staff. I felt like I was a "James Brown". Unfair wages.
I like my hours.
Library Technician (Current Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJuly 11, 2013
Pros: holidays at the same time as my children had.
Cons: the pay is not enough for the work we do and we don't get paid when students have holidays.
My co-worker is absolutely fabulous. The other secretaries are wonderful.
Work as Occasional Teacher with little room for advancement due to declining enrollment.
Occasional Teacher - Ongoing (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: opportunities for time management and other professional positions.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement.
The ADSB is fun and supportive to work for as an Occasional Teacher, however, as student enrollment is declining right now there is very little opportunity to move into a full-time teaching role.
Job Expectations
Noon Hour Assistant (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 4, 2013
I would attend an elementry school during the lunch hour and supervise children inside and out. I was required to have a criminal background check every year and passed.
Wonderful place of employment.
Teacher (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 1, 2012
Great employer! Great place to work at. It has been a pleasure to work as a teacher and department head for this Board of Education. I learned new things everyday with my students and my colleagues. Engaged in lifelong learning opportunities. Very friendly co-workers. Very cooperative administration.