Algoma District School Board Employee Reviews

Good employment if you have young children in school
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Many schools in Sault Ste MarieApril 3, 2015
During a typical day I worked with children with a variety of special needs. Usually with a team of co-workers, always under a qualified teacher. Both the hardest and the most enjoyable part of my job was the children and leaving my work at school, not taking it home with me, I learned a lot from the children, I often wonder how taught whom more.
Pros
school holidays off
Cons
6 hour days
Dept & Superintendents
software/hardware tech (Former Employee) –  sault ste. marie ontario canadaNovember 10, 2014
People in the Dept were excellent to work and be with.
But, the Superintendent of Business resorted to 'lying' to put his agenda through in dealing with my salary request. Upper management looks at union staff as 'peasants' and discriminate against non-union staff. I felt like I was a "James Brown". Unfair wages.
Pros
dept staff
Cons
clear discrimination vs non-union
I like my hours.
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. MarieJuly 11, 2013
My co-worker is absolutely fabulous. The other secretaries are wonderful.
Pros
holidays at the same time as my children had.
Cons
the pay is not enough for the work we do and we don't get paid when students have holidays.
Work as Occasional Teacher with little room for advancement due to declining enrollment.
Occasional Teacher - Ongoing (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie ONJune 2, 2013
The ADSB is fun and supportive to work for as an Occasional Teacher, however, as student enrollment is declining right now there is very little opportunity to move into a full-time teaching role.
Pros
opportunities for time management and other professional positions.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement.
Job Expectations
Noon Hour Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 4, 2013
I would attend an elementry school during the lunch hour and supervise children inside and out. I was required to have a criminal background check every year and passed.
Wonderful place of employment.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 1, 2012
Great employer! Great place to work at. It has been a pleasure to work as a teacher and department head for this Board of Education. I learned new things everyday with my students and my colleagues. Engaged in lifelong learning opportunities. Very friendly co-workers. Very cooperative administration.