Alexion Pharmaceuticals,Inc.

Alexion Pharmaceuticals,Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely Productive Environment
SR. Development Financial Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 12, 2016
Pros: Very progressive & productive cutting edge environment
Cons: none
Overall there are opprotunities for employees to gain and realize their fullest potential in their given areas of expertise, and to excell within their functional areas.
Merger Problems
Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, MAApril 5, 2016
Pros: Pizza Friday, Somewhat Flexible Work Hours
Cons: Terrible Environment
This job has been both incredibly interesting and incredibly draining. I only wish management had figured out the merger sooner, because the culture at this location is diminishing.
Great Job with a Great Company
Report Optimization Consultant (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 21, 2016
Great Job with a Great Company

PM / SME: Improved finance processes, reporting and optimized information sharing internally & externally.
 Enhanced finance reporting through standardization for finance stakeholders to access consistent information.
 Implemented following processes: R&D forecasting tool to automate monthly /annual planning, Short term cash flow forecasting, Capex analysis and Tax credit analysis (R&D Time tracking and allocable expense analysis).
 Built dashboards for Revenue, OPEX, Patient, AR, AP and OTC metrics to get to analytics in a timely fashion.
 Evaluated HR tools and processes and developed recommendations for improvements.
 Extended data availability to mobile platform & smart devices to improve workflows and decision making.
Environment: SAP suite and hosted applications. Projects used MS projects and followed waterfall and SDLC.
Cool Work No pressure
SAP BPC Consultant (Current Employee), Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Young Crowd small company
Cons: Difference between Employees and Consultants
As a US based company we have to work late nights and some times login at 4.00 Pm and logoff by 1 am at night.Co workers are mostly your population. It was tough for me to mix and mingle with them.
Challenging yet rewarding job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: You are given the responsibility to make decisions and learn from them
Cons: Work/Life balance can sometimes be an issue
Alexion challenges you to work outside of your "typical" comfort zone.
I have learned a great deal on how to manage a workload and a process and determine priorities based on immediate need.
Great Company to work for
Senior Manager HR ERP BA (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTFebruary 12, 2016
Great company to work for. Plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. Excellent leadership team. Dedicated to help patients with rare to ultra rare conditions.
Very results driven
Director, Global Supply Planning (Current Employee), Dublin, DJanuary 29, 2016
A lot of really good people at this company. The company is very successful and will continue to grow expecially in terms of Irish footprint which is very promising over the next few years.
Six month contract - really enjoyed it
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT EMEA (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHDecember 14, 2015
Pros: Great colleagues and management
Cons: There were none
No two days were the same as I took responsibility for 4 training managers and 2 training coordinators. We were responsible for all training requirements across the EMEA.
Great company
Senior Administrative Coordinator - Contractor (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTNovember 11, 2015
Alexion Pharmaceuticals is a great company to work for. Great work/life balance and benefit package. Casual yet professional atmosphere.
Overall a good place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIOctober 22, 2015
Overall a good place to work; Great people too.
The benefits are fantastic as well.

The hardest part of my job is not enough resources.

The best part is being part of saving patient's lives.
Nice building, not the friendliest group
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), cheshire, CTOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed my time over at Alexion, however i never really felt like i fit in over there. It's very clicky, and even my boss was that way. As far as the workload is concerned, its a good mix and will keep you on your toes. Expect overtime, its a must!
Great Compensation
Quality Specialist II (Current Employee), Smithfield, RISeptember 6, 2015
Pros: Holiday Party
Cons: Culture
Great Compensation and great Benefits.
A typical day at work is very fast paced and busy the entire day, by the end of the week you feel totally drained.
What i learned working at this company is Moral and Culture is truly important aspect of a company. Incentive programs would really help the culture a little more with employee moral and culture is low.
Work life balance is not of importnce...as our job is dependant on production.
Even if you work through your lunch break, you are not compensated for it.
Very productive work environment
Upstream Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Holden, MAJuly 29, 2015
Very supportive for new ideas and processes. Hands on training is great. Very informative place to work for. Chances for going up in the company are higher than most.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Senior Director of Finance (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Immense growth potential
Cons: Very fast paced, very demanding environment
Alexion is a fast-paced, forward-thinking business environment where any individual can be the source of the next strategic initiative. I developed significant depth and breadth of knowledge and skills while serving in the Global Operations Group. I completed my time with the company by transferring to Dublin, Ireland to start the International Operations there while also simultaneously transferring my role as well.
creative and solid science behind a niche therapeutic area
Consultant (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTJuly 8, 2015
I have recently completed a contingency contract with Alexion and found the company extremely vibrant, scientifically solid, creative and full of untapped potential in the rare disease arena, including biotherapeutics , RNA technologies and small molecule diversification.
Productive and educational workplace
Safety Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexiable for time off
Cons: Healthcare
Love my job! I learn every day, the diversity is awsome. I speak to others in different countries, learn new cultures. management is knowledgable. I am blessed to have this career.
great place to work
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), CTJune 11, 2015
Happy to work he client and great work culture and place to work, much comfortable and happy to work. scope to learn new things.
Technician
Manufacturing Associate I (Temp) (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJune 4, 2015
Pros: I don't have to work here anymore
Cons: location, management, coworkers, you don't get no respect unless you've been there 30 years
My experience happened a ling time ago so maybe it isn't relevant anymore.

The interviewer lied about the job duties and the opportunities I would get to just SEE the rest of the facility let alone get promoted into the department I wanted to be in. They ask for your opinion but ignore it really well when you give it. Hard hours but decent pay.

I wouldn't work here again.
When my contract ended they framed me with an industrial accident too.
awful place to work
QC Microbiology Analyst (Current Employee), Rhode IslandApril 14, 2015
management is clueless staff is immature and unprofessional
unorganized and slow to move on safety issues
no real direction from management
no open to new ideas or process
people are undervalued and cross training is not an option
The only way to advance at this company is to leave.
You will get fired for many reasons
Manufacturing Associate III, in Cell Culture (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pay is really good
Cons: long 12 hr hours shift. once 21 hours worked straight, bad management decisions
Very stressful working environment they do not really care about your personal life or any requirements of it. Management was not supportive, all they cared about the bottom line.Not a good place to work for a long time. Facility Was grossly understaffed in management knew about it for years then complained when mistakes were made.