Registered Nurse - Special Care Unit
Permanent Part Time
As a Nurse, we offer you an opportunity to experience the unique culture of a rural community 35-bed acute care hospital located in Oxford County. Our small progressive environment fosters positive staff/patient relationships creating a friendly and personal atmosphere between our health care professionals and their patients. Nurses must be currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Advanced Cardiac Life Support an Asset.
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent Medical/Surgical/Geriatric/Palliative/SCU experience required
- Ability to function independently following 4 days of orientation
- Well developed Patient Assessment, Intervention and Evaluation skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated warmth, interest and empathy in interactions with patients
- Demonstrated ability to function productively in a very demanding environment with a high patient turnover
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback in a open and constructive manner
- Evidence of a commitment of self-directed learning as demonstrated by the courses taken
- Demonstrated skills in patient teaching
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- TNCC an asset
- Current ECG interpretation would be an asset
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Privacy and Confidentiality
- Excellent attendance record and work ethics in previous positions
- Able to work in high stress situations
- Current coronary care nursing experience preferred
- Current certification required in:
Interested personnel are invited to submit a current resume, stating the position applied for.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for interview will be contacted.