ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL, INGERSOLL
Your partner providing quality care, every day
Alexandra Hospital, Ingersoll has a vacancy for the following position:
Administrative Assistant for Clinical and Environmental Supports
Permanent Part Time (22.5 hours / week)
Reporting to the Director - Clinical and Environmental Supports, the Administrative Assistant is a dynamic role that includes multiple priorities with an emphasis on scheduling and payroll. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to prioritize in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines. This is a permanent part time role of 22.5 hours per week with Monday being a mandatory work day.
- Gain a solid understanding of the CAW, IUOE and OPSEU Collective Agreements and follow provisions in regards to scheduling and payroll
- Develop and revise new schedule(s) for all areas within the Clinical and Environmental Supports portfolio
- Review and approve requests for vacation, leaves of absence, bereavement, etc.
- Replace staff by conducting call ins as applicable
- Inputting and coding information in the payroll system
- Monitor bi-weekly reports received from Payroll and Benefits
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of all employees hours worked, illness, vacation, leave of absences, etc.
- Prepare and distribute materials for meetings including agendas, minutes, support documentation
- Maintain education records - annual verification and Maintenance of Professional Designation – Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging
- Other administrative support work for the Director - Clinical and Environmental Supports as required
- Promote a culture of safety within the organization.
- Support and promote a culture of zero tolerance for violence and harassment in the workplace.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent
- Post-Secondary training in office management/administration
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Scheduling and Payroll experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in documentation, writing, decision-making and accuracy
- Practical knowledge of social media would be considered an asset
- Medical terminology course would be an asset would be considered an asset
- Experience in a healthcare provider setting would be considered an asset
KEY SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and core competencies:
- The ability to participate and contribute as a team member.
- The ability to coordinate multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to promote and maintain open communication and relationships amongst departments, staff, medical staff, volunteers.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- A willingness to take initiative and an interest in self-improvement and experiential learning.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying for the above position, forward a resume detailing education and experience to:
Alexandra Hospital, Ingersoll
29 Noxon Street
Ingersoll ON, N5C 3V6
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for applications – February 8, 2013