Alexander Proudfoot Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The money was ok but management are wide-boys
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2017
This was quite literally the worst job I have ever had. I worked on a project for this company that was poorly managed. The project's management team were obviously completely out of their depth and ultimately started to grope around for someone to blame. Fortunately, I wasn't caught in the fallout myself but of the four team members assigned to this project, two of whom (including me) were new members of staff, three of them resigned within 6 weeks of being assigned to this project. Speaking to others who'd been at the company longer, my experience apparently wasn't unusual and the best thing to do was "just show up and get paid".
Pros
Lots of airmails/points
Cons
Incompetent management, Unprofessional
Still Developing
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 June 2017
Midsize consulting company. !00% outbound calling. No training. Very critical. Good people. It is possible to succeed if you can set many meetings for the company.
I don't care to answer this
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 May 2017
I don't care to answer this. This is not something that I am comfortable answering. This question is not a fair question to anyone that still works for a company!
No work life balance but great financial benefits
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa.3 January 2017
Alexander Proudfoot provides you with great experience across multiple industries, however the corporate culture is terrible and the working hours are on average 16 to 18 hours daily.
Co-workers made this a great place to work
Senior Consultant / Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 October 2016
I worked with incredible people from the management on down to the consultants. The hours were long and sometimes you didn't get to travel to the most exotic of locations, but the work was always challenging and fulfilling.
Career advancement was a negative at this company. Relationships and the ability to make sales were the key determining factor whenever promotions were made.
Pros
Challenging work, travel, experienced co-workers
Cons
Promotions, thick layer of middle managers
Empresa global e muito dinâmica
Vice-Presidente Executivo (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP18 October 2016
Excelente local para aprendizado e muito bom para experiências globais e com várias indústrias / segmentos.
Pros
Liberdade de atuação
Cons
Pacote de benefícios
Fast Pace Environment, Team Oriented Work, Professional Atmosphere and Diverse Office
Installation Specialist (Management Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Asia13 July 2016
Typical day's work is actual hands-on daily encounter with multi-cultural people, engaged in challenging projects to be installed on a daily basis while establishing good rapport with from top to bottom, keeping abreast to series of meetings, shadowing their respective actual work to do all the time, and a lot of hands-on observations as basis for changing paradigms into achieving operational excellence.

All the knowledge I've acquired is invaluable and it did provide all the necessary tools to exceed customer's expectations and thus able to establish more repeat business continually.

Highly appreciated our management's relentless top support to all of us round the clock. It's a high performance culture where work/life balance is made possible through work/life initiatives and programs. It's such a great avenue for career advancement and personal development.

I really felt accomplished to have built good relationship/friendship among different colleagues/nationalities.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interfacing with listed clients across Asia and that every day is a different new challenge and learning. Also enjoyed working on various projects with different nationalities where I could easily blend as one team in accomplishing our targets and KPI's towards our common goals and visions for the company's growth and profitability.

The hardest thing was dealing with negative attitudes when trying to complete a project within the deadline but I gladly able to manage it proactively.
Pros
Free trainings and food, building long term skill
Cons
High turnover
Busy and hard working
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Current Employee) –  St Pauls20 May 2016
Most of my job is e-mail based from South Africa. Dealing with invoices and payments. Also have invoices for the UK, Europe and Asia. Dealing with all aspects of Purchase Ledger.
Méthodologie adéquate mais conditions de travail calamiteuses
Consultant Junior (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 November 2015
Bonne méthodologie et conseils aux entreprises, bonne conduite de projet. Cependant, impossibilité d'avoir une vie privée (encore moins que dans d'autres cabinets de conseil), aucun respect de l'employé, pas de WE possible, horaires de travail démentiels par moments, trop peu d'échanges et de concertation entre consultants, responsables trop peu présents. Management ne faisant des décisions que sur le court-terme, probabilité de se voir débarquer du jour au lendemain, même avec de bons états de service et/ou plusieurs années passées au sein de la boîte.
Pros
Collègues compétents et expérimentés, certains responsables excellents
Cons
Aucun respect de l'employé, vie privée impossible, charge de travail monstrueuse, décisions de la direction calamiteuses
Avoid
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 November 2015
Highly political, outdated approach, nepotism is rife, abusive... they have a hire and fire reputation and no duty of care towards employees. You could end up down a mine or a quarry for a year with no choice but do it or leave. Avoid.
Pros
many good (but broken) people working hard
Cons
An attitude of contempt towards their staff. Not a good place to be.
consultant
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  london15 April 2015
very poor work/life balance
staff retention is none existent, treated like commodities not human being,.
learning curve almost vertically
Pros
potential to see a lot of counties
Cons
always away from the family/ work/life balance null
High reward opportunities
BDM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta. GA24 January 2015
Good training program that covers all necessary aspects of the role to give you all the knowledge you need to be successful. Dynamic and fast paced work environment.
Pros
Global business experience
Cons
Extensive travel
Major professional player
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  UK, EU & Africa5 October 2014
Ultimately there is nothing to beat a AP training and induction into Consultancy. Work hard and learn fast.
Empresa com projetos interessantes, mas uma gestão com possibilidade de melhoria
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP25 September 2014
Na Alexander Proudfoot, trabalhamos com projetos envolvendo retorno de investimento, o que faz com que nosso dia-a-dia no cliente seja focado em resultados e prazos.
A gerência da empresa busca garantir que iremos atingir o resultado acordado com o cliente e, algumas vezes, esse objetivo fica a frente da gestão interna da empresa e dos funcionários. O ambiente de consultoria possui um alto turnover devido a isso.

Por ser uma equipe pequena, todos trabalham bem entre si, e oferecem ajuda quando necessário.Não há uma competitividade exacerbada entre a equipe.

Tipicamente, o trabalho diário consiste em acompanhar o desenvolvimento e utilização do sistema de gestão e das mudanças de processo implementadas. O trabalho é feito lado a lado com o cliente, visando garantir a sustentabilidade dessas mudanças e, consequentemente, o resultado financeiro vindo delas.
Pros
Aprendizado diário, bom salário, bom plano médico
Cons
Bônus atrelados a requisitos que não estão no controle do funcionário
Not for the family man
Systems & Procedures Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  World Wide23 May 2014
Although I enjoyed my position as a Management Consultant and loved the traveling, the mix of different businesses, meeting people of all classes, educations and abilities it was hard being a family man and away from the family sometimes a month at a time and then only home for two or three days. Management at times was difficult due to scheduling and projects overlapping. Finally the 17 Owner/Partners could not see eye to eye and dissolved the company.
Pros
Travel and Comensation
Cons
Travel and some managers
Operational Excellence
Management Consultant contractor (Former Employee) –  Bucarest22 March 2014
Procurement, supply chain and operations. A typical day would consist in working with very experienced and hard working professionals. I learnt the methodology to install a project.
Pros
Top tier management consulting firm
Cons
Top down management
Empresa de alta qualidade de boa procedencia
Installation Specialist (Consultor de instalações) (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP6 March 2014
Uma ótima empresa no que se diz respeito a beneficos e aprendizagem profissional. Disponibiliza muitos treinamentos para capacitação profissional. Porém não é uma empresa de boa estabilidade, pois se a empresa estiver com poucos projetos, dispensão seus funcionários mais novos sem cerimonia.
Pros
ótimos benefícios
Cons
Muitas viagens e pouco tempo para família.
Condition d'embauche du poste
Conseiller senior et responsable de comptes (Former Employee) –  Europe-Australie-Amérique dunord5 November 2013
Le contenu du poste était extrêmement challenging, Forte pression dans la réalisation des objectifs.

Le salaire et avantages étaient à la hauteur des objectifs.

Les conditions de travail variaient d'un client à l'autre, mais restaient acceptables. L'ambiance de travail était directement reliée aux personnalités qui composaient l'équipe.
Pros
voyages - rencontres - avantages - développement de soi ultra rapide.
Cons
culture d'entreprise rouleau compresseur avec les objectifs comme point de mire.
Highly pressurised working environment
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandton JHB13 March 2013
• A typical day at work
At the office at 7am or before, leave for home at around 6pm, the
day never stops; we have daily targets that have to be met.

• What you learned
I have learned that I am capable of working well under immense
pressure

Our management teams are not in unison

• Your co-workers
My co-workers are highly educated and experienced

• The hardest part of the job
The hardest part of my current job is to not take negative
responses from possible clients

• The most enjoyable part of the job
I enjoy the challenge of sales
Pros
yearly bonus, catering allowance
Cons
long hours, pressure
Dynamic Environment of Change
Installation Specialist and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 October 2012
Very few jobs give you to opportunity to benefit a business and its employees. The work is very enriching.
Pros
great experience; get paid when inbetween business engagements
Cons
100% travel