Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP is a leading mid-sized Vancouver-based law firm providing a wide range of litigation/dispute resolution and business law services.
The Business Development Coordinator works in a team of three and reports to the Business Development Manager. This individual would also work closely with all members of the firm, specifically, Partners and Associates.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinating the RFP process and writing proposals. Collaboration with lawyers and the firm’s Library as part of the proposal team in order to collect pertinent information, conduct research, and edit proposal drafts, while being mindful of proposal deadlines;
- Writing copy for and updating marketing materials such as advertisements, press releases, the firm’s website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook profiles;
- Editing of lawyer bios;
- Collating information about lawyers’ business development activities for the purposes of internal communication and coordinating the production of the firm’s internal newsletter;
- Researching and Identifying practice specific/firm-wide advertising opportunities based on media kits and forward features lists, and coordination of advertising calendar;
- Identifying opportunities for award submissions on behalf of the firm, including writing and coordinating submissions;
- Conducting Legal Marketing Research as required;
- Sponsorship coordination and implementation;
- Creating and implementing marketing plans for either individual lawyers and/or specific practice groups;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of marketing budgets and plans;
- CRM database administration;
- Event planning and coordination including concept creation, tactical and logistical implementation of events;
- Coordinating seasonal client initiatives including annual client database reviews, assisting in the creation of E-greetings and ordering and coordinating gift baskets;
- Maintaining the firm’s directories;
- Coordinating photo shoots for website and lawyer headshots;
- Providing coverage for Business Development Manager during vacation and business trips;
- Providing guidance and mentorship support to Business Development Assistant as needed, and;
- Miscellaneous Marketing projects as required.
Excellent writing skills are required for success in this position.
The ideal candidate should also have working knowledge and experience in the following areas: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), CRM database and CSM website systems, MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), HTML/Dreamweaver, Wordpress, and Survey Monkey.
Intermediate-level experience with the following is necessary: SEO, CSS, Flash, and Social Media.
Emphasis for this role will be placed on business and proposal writing, and the successful candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, problem-solve, and troubleshoot.
Please submit your resume to Erica Bemister, HR Assistant. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.