Alexander College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Unprofessional and lots of micromanagement
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2017
I used to work at that college. Was a disaster. There's way too much micromanagement and abuse. Some departments are better than others. But overall it's bad.
Pros
Some colleagues and supervisors
Cons
Where shall I start??
Left a lot to be desired.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2017
I worked here. I had a one-term (four months) contract and ended up having to break the contract. Immediate supervisor was psychologically abusive. Very little support for classroom management even when it was requested. Most staff members (not all) were quite aloof and kept to themselves. After I gave notice all the nightmare stories came out, particularly about the administration. I wouldn't recommend applying for work here until they can figure themselves out.
Cons
Long classes, poor management
Could improve over time
Instructor of Academic English (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2017
I worked here when it first opened. There was a lot of negative talk among faculty and staff. There were many turnovers during the brief time I worked here.
friendly
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 March 2016
Alexander College provides the first two years of university for students still learning English. A warm and caring attitude is important, as many need reassurance and practical help.
Productive, Friendly atmosphere
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 April 2014
Once the printer went out of work and I couldn't fix the problem. I had to call the IT guy but he could come the next business day. The students was very angry and she behaved very rudely. I was very disappointed. I was very nice and polite. I explained her that it's not my fault. She could have understood the situation but she was aggressively shouting at me. I really don't want to have this experience again. It shows immorality and indiscipline.