Alere

Alere Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Warehouse operative (Former Employee), StockportApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good environment, holidays, good management
Cons: too much outside influence
Alere was an excellent company to work for until the end of 2014 when it became apparent that our put the customer first approach had moved to a put profits and cutting overheads first and customer service second. Which was a really shame.

The management team at Stockport were fantastic as were my co-workers.

The skills I gained at Alere were extensive...Stock control,Stock management,in-depth knowledge of SAGE and then SAP operating systems,VNA and forklift truck licences were obtained.

The best part about my time at Alere was without doubt working alongside the people that I did, going to work in such a happy and easy going yet very work orientated environment on a daily basis was a pleasure.
Don't Consider Working Here
Just A Peon (Current Employee), New EnglandApril 10, 2015
Pros: Vacations and PTO
Cons: See Review
*Low hourly pay compared to other manufacturing facilities!!
*Yearly insurance deductible is more than twice as much as cremation services.....who can afford that?!?!?
*Management doesn't give two $%#@'! about anyone other than those in Carpet Land!!
*It's a typical corporate atmosphere where you're underpaid, under appreciated, and invisible to upper management.

In a nutshell.....you'd be better off looking elsewhere for work if you're not part of the "Carpet Land" Team!!!

Note to Management:

The 'Little Guy" matters...."WE" help keep this company going......treat us like we're just a number (if that) and morale goes right out the door!!! It'd be nice to actually work for a company that cares about it's employees, who would want to retain those that have been dedicated and worked hard.....but that's not happening here. Just typical corporate greed with the "You're Replaceable" attitude. It's sad really!!
Fun place to work
International Account Manager (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: excellent pay, benefits, and growth opportunities
Cons: can be overwhelming at times, if a person is not organized
I have truly enjoyed working at Alere, and appreciate all that they've done for me over the years. The VP is a wonderful person to work for.
Knowledgeable staff
CM RN (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 5, 2015
Alere keeps up with current practice and educates staff accordingly. Very flexible with staff and works to coordinate with their needs
Software Quality Analyst (Current Employee), chicgo, ILFebruary 27, 2015
• Responsible for gathering requirement, analysis and design participation, business level QA testing.
• Participating in preparing test plans and QA estimates.
• Prepare the risk and mitigation plan.
• Work Estimation and Resource Planning.
• Coordinating with onsite and offshore team for ensuring the successful delivery.
• Manage Offshore resources scope, cost and time management .
• Manage and monitor the QA environment, QA environment deployments.
• Identify the tasks and distribute within in the team.
• Involved in Performance testing, functional, regression, system testing.
• Responsible for the tracking daily status from offshore and updating daily status, weekly presentation to client.
Good company, freedow to grow
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Used a micropipette to load blood, plasma, or urine samples into diagnostic devices from specified lots in order to run various tests to verify compliance with FDA imposed requirements before being sold
productive
Sr. Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and employee training
Cons: downsizing
very busy, productive environment. Opportunities always presented itself to help you grow and reach your career goals.
Struggling to remain relevant
Quality Specialist/ Operations Specialist Alere (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2015
They are fighting a tough uphill battle to remain relevant in the fight to deliver 3rd party managed health care options (ie, health coaching, condition management) at a reasonable cost to the client.
Tough to review
Operations (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: pay, culture
Company was changing from merger with another company. Management did not understanding employee relations.
good place to work but compensation small
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee), san diegoDecember 24, 2014
good place to work but but compensation not enough to pay bills
company is good but some lack vision
IT Help Desk / Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
the overall company is good. I enjoyed working there but some managers lack insight on their team, and unwilling to change with the growing field so fell behind. I learned a lot about helping to set up a work flow that would be successful in their environment, but was unable to have it applied to the team. hardest part of the job as any job is learning all the small differences between all the companies we support, and the most enjoyable part was the feel of accomplishment when you were able to help someone out of a hard situation.
Something different
Assembling Electronics (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, full-time
Cons: shortbreaks
Alere Taught me how important this job was, by saving people life's and making sure my work performance was perfect
Good company to work for and good managment
Lab Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: hard work is rewarded, great work environment, room for advancement
I as a Lab technician love working for Alere San Diego. Our Quality first mindset keeps everybody on the same mission to create quality products for our customers. Hard work is rewarded with good incentives such as PTO and gift cards. Employees get along great and are easy to work with.
Great Culture
Mgr (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great culture, great people
Cons: business strategy focusing on rapid diagnostics - a positive, but did result in some lay-offs needed to reach the strategic imperatives
Amazing co-workers who you actually want to hang out with at work and outside of work. Almost half the job openings this year were filled by internal transfers/promotions, so healthy movement and development.
Productive, fun place to work, great staff and co-workers
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: healthcare
Great place to work with a wonderful staff. Everyone is so helpful.
Worth the work
Manufacturer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2014
Manufacturing and processing medical products.
Learned good work ethic and company values.
Hardest part was the tedious tasks.
Most enjoyable part was gaining the work experience.
Fun place to work just do not pay enough
External Help Desk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaOctober 11, 2014
Great job, people, and job site. It's actually fun because you get to help people with computer issues and ease their stress.
Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2014
I receive a review at the beginning of the shift from the previous shift so I know what went on and if anything happened. I check the paper work to see if everything is correct. After that, I start production.
I learned to be very detailed oriented in my documentation.
The management was very helpful with all my questions and problems if any thing came up. My co-workers were very detailed in how I should perform my job.
Good company to work for
RN (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2014
Accomadative management, no pressure, easy going staff.
In general , a good company to work for
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), San DiegoAugust 10, 2014
Making different medical devise (assemble them)
working in high speed with high accuracy
Friendly supervisor and co-workers
the most enjoyable part for me is working with group and in this kind of job you have to be so fast

1 2 3 4 5

About Alere

When you really need an answer -- fast -- toss out the crystal ball and bring in Alere. The company offers both professional and – Read more