Alere Employee Reviews

very good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2016
A very nice company and friendly co-worker. An interesting task to increase your knowledge and I am a team worker, we always on time for the date of shipping.
allot work
Assembler -Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
always great work with Mexican and you can always have a free meal always overtime 40 and more hours if you want to learn to be a multi task person
long and hard day most of the time
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 30, 2016
A typical day is long over 9 hours of work with lots of tasks needed to be finished at home. Paid and compensation are decent. The only good thing is the amicable work environment with very nice coworkers. Managements are ok, not that great.
Started out nice but has gone horribly downhill
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 15, 2016
I worked as a case manager for this company for 5 1/2 years. I would say I was only really happy about the first two. You can work remotely which is probably the best thing about them, that and my immediate supervisor was cool. But with all the changes this company has gone through since around 2010 or 2011, it has become all about quantity rather than quality anymore. I left because I could not take it anymore. Employees are absolutely miserable and the company does not care. They have unrealistic expectations and the pay and benefits are pathetic. If you try to discuss your dissatisfaction, they basically have a "if you don't like it you can quit" mentality. At least in California, I don't see them retaining employees very well and it's no wonder.. I would never work here again.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Pay not good, terrible benefits, management with unrealistic demands.
Graveyard Shift; Contract Employer thru agency
Quality Control Process Analyst I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
Not much interaction with other employers due to working 3rd shift on my own for my department. Learning new things is difficult due to my working hours and the limited availability of personnel.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Healthcare; hourly rate for the hours that I work
aweful place to work
Clinical Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2016
no wonder it closed. management was awful we called members to force programs on them they did not want. We then would put them back in the system to call them again cause they thought they would change their mind in 3 months
Pros
pay
Cons
the job its self is a con
Great co-workers and overall company goals
Clinic Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day was a full work load and never-ending but eventually very rewarding. Management is very biased at times and promotions are given based on who you know; not always based on what you know. The hardest part of the job was the work load and the most enjoyable were the people you work with.
Pros
Great people to work with as everyone wants to succeed as a company
Cons
If's easier to move up if you fit in with the right people
stock in time
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 29, 2016
even tough the manufacturation is supervised by the fda the lead and the manager treats people like slave ,no talking ,not laughing no seating it should be more modern and accomodate their employees since they have so manny years and lots of experience they can perform their job sitting and talk freely
Pros
schedule
Cons
treatment
Alere has proven again and again to be the best
manager (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEFebruary 19, 2016
I have been with Alere nearly 8 years. I see some negative reviews here and they are obviously from disgruntled employees that were not taking advantage of the many opportunities that Alere Management offers to those that are willing to step out and take them. I have nothing but positive thoughts about Alere and they have been hands down the best employer I have worked at in my lifetime. Alere is a manufacturing facility that specializes in high level Medical Diagnostics. They run a business and obviously running a business does not leave room to make everyone happy at all times.. But they do their best.
Pros
Great culture
it was ok
Maternity Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2016
hated schedule easy job I loved the training and being around knowledgeable individuals. This job increased my passion for heath care. I disliked leaving work after 10.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Good company
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I learned how to operate equipment used to manufacture products and checks and inspects products against department procedures.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Wage
Great pay
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 23, 2015
Working at Alere was an experience. I got to work along side some very special types of people. First of all, the nurses all sit in the section with their noses tooted up in the air. They never speak. And when anything goes wrong, they blame the reps on the phone. And then there is upper management who worry about trying to date the reps on the phone rather than do their jobs. One of the higher ups transferred back to Atlanta from the Pompano location when he was finished running through everyone. Don't flirt with someone who the other one has their eye on, and think that you will keep your job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Nor everyone is treated the same
fun, calm place to work
Donor caller specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at my job begins with my doing all the bilingual calls, in this position I have learned how to deal with unsatisfied clients, and have learned how to remain calm eventhough when they are screaming at you or insulting you. My coworkers have been a great help, everytime I have a question they are willing to help me and explain to me in a manner that makes me feel good.
Pros
you can bring your kids to work once in a while
Cons
short breaks
rated 4 out of 5 stars
Care Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 15, 2015
Good salary and work environment was good. Some risk involved with current reduction in client base. Difficulty with career advancement.
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2015
Great Company and culture. Would recommend to a friend, it takes time to grow relationships with distribution partners. If you follow corporate direction and keep a great attitude amid the sales pressure you will succeed.
long shifts
Clinical research Associate (Former Employee) –  londonOctober 5, 2015
In particular, I developed my analytical skills greatly by working in the Chemistry laboratory where on a daily basis I tested raw materials and products to check whether they were in the specific limits to pass, using instruments such as the Infrared and Ultra-violet Spectroscopy, flame photometer, polarimeter, refractometer etc. I learned to follow complex procedures and used my own initiative to ensure reliable results of the highest quality. I also worked with research unit at different projects to reduce the waste cost of the manufacturing plant.
meh
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 2, 2015
There is nothing much to review about this company. I disliked working here so much. I wish I did not have to work for this company in the beginning.
Vangent Incorporation
At Home Data Entry Clerk - 06965 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2015
The company gave me the perfect opportunity to gain the work experience in an IT field of Internetworking. At Vangent Inc. working on the CARS project was a perfect road to gaining experience toward the Administrative Assistance fields. The CARS program provided us with work distributed through internet mail servers. The clerical team was responsible for the determination of eligibility for a refund for traded-in cars.
Pros
job training
Cons
too short assignment
Good for a starter to earn but not for people who wish to have a stable job
Machine Operator (Timegate) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
work is typically redundant. not really for a brainer. But everthing works fine as long a you don't mind their business with other people just work your day on.
Pros
not bad for the salary
Cons
scheduling of work is pretty much immidiate and you won't be able to get your long term plan sorted
This was a GREAT company to work for
Helpdesk Tier1/2 Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2015
This company was growing and expanding and the opportunity to move up was there; and I took it becoming Tier2. The company split and I got laid off.
Pros
Excellent experience
Cons
Documentation of the network

2.7