Alere Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 June 2017
5 years with company, promoted to Manufacturing Lead, outstanding management group, except for the layoffs, company is a 4.5. I learned a lot about Manufacturing within Medical Company
Big fish ate the little fish
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 6621131 May 2017
Alere acquired the smaller company eScreen. eScreen had wonderful business practices that favored the employee; encouraged each employee to give their best. Alere took over and flex time stopped and micro management took over. Very oppressive environment when I left.
Pros
competitive compensation and benefits
Cons
strict adhersion to scheduled work hours, micro management, unreasonable daily quotas, insufficient training.
A good place to work beautiful enviornment and good people to work with
Enrollment Specialist, temporary Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA30 May 2017
This was a temporary position for the year that I worked there is was a wonderful place It was just to bad the company had to down size and relocate because of there budget.
Pros
Always doing special thigs for there employee, gifts, lunches always felt special.
Cons
The company brought in a lot of temporay employee which make it very hard to get hired in permanet
productive enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJ25 April 2017
great company to work for great benifits. productive environment. a lot of overtime good pay . friendly workers with great ambition.always room for growth within the company
Pros
vacation time
Good job
RN casemanager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO30 March 2017
Good learning experience. Good comany and flexible hrs. Good nursing supervisors. Great computer skills to learn. Patient teaching that is valuable for them.
Pros
Good work conditions
Great culture
Infectious Disease Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL27 March 2017
Alere had a great culture despite issues with many products. Each company that was purchased by Alere had good products to start that seemed to get worse when Alere took over.
an okay job
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 March 2017
the people are great but job security is poor .
Typical Work Day
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 February 2017
My job description was meant to speak with the public clients in company with Alere and assess if they needed Case Management. There was health education involved to help the client understand their health and note if Case Management would help them further.I felt the most enjoyable part of the job was I made a difference in the care a client could get.
Pros
Great Team Support From Management
Cons
Stressful and short lunches with no breaks.
Horrible place to work.
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LA2 February 2017
The Alere of Gretna, LA Accessioning department has horrible management. They are disrespectful to anyone under them and show favoritism to certain people they like. They will overwork you, underpay you, and ask you to do tasks not in your job description.
Pros
Convenient morning shift and nice co-workers
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful management, slave labor
Dysfunctional company with an unfriendly culture
Technical Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA31 October 2016
Lower than average compensation, coupled by fear-driven management makes for a less than ideal workplace and culture. Great for workers who simply need a transitional job.
Company does not care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA30 October 2016
Management is awful, work is miserable, no room for advancement. Business is immoral and at times unethical. Co-workers were good, but there is no time to interact, so it does not really matter. Medical notes are ignored or "lost". Pay was awful for many years, now is at best average, but very low for the work they expect and the way you are treated. If you can get another job-do it!!
Pros
Cons
bad pay for work expected, bad management, unethical
Going down the hill really fast
Designer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA15 October 2016
A lot of people are leaving because the future of this company is unknown due to merging plans with another company. Staff is fairly friendly. The management is on their high horse, treats people poorly, shows no respect, extremly rude and often times very unprofessional. A lot of work is recycled from projects that were done years ago. No originally or creativity. Absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Office culture
Cons
Poor management
Love my job,the culture the peole and the variety of tasks i do daily.
Office coordinator/PA to Senior Directors (Current Employee) –  Galway9 October 2016
Love my job.Promotion Iminent, Career progression opportunitys are good.
Excellent experience attained in busy office managing 150+people , rapidly expanding office, experience in restructuring with no downtime,all aspects of facilities management,PA to 8 senior directors, senior admin in office, health &safety coordinator,front of house duties. Travel & expense manager for senior employees, projects experience, MS office skills wel used.
Pros
career progression, excellent personal developement, open office environment culture
Cons
Na
Liars and fakers
Medical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS6 October 2016
I can honestly say this was the worst job I have ever had. The pay was just ok, the benefits were awful, I told them what I wanted out of the company and what I did not like from my last job. They talked up the company like it was a wonderful place to work, so I left the current job I was in to go to Alere. I think after the first month, I knew I made a terrible mistake, they started changing every rule possible and on top of all this, they do not offer true sick time. They have what they call PTO, which was really just vacation. You had to give 48 hours advanced notice to miss, or you were wrote up, pathetic. Please reconsider if you are even thinking about going to this company.
X
kvalitetskontrollant, fast vikariat, (Former Employee) –  Oslo23 September 2016
Att recensera tidigare arbetsgivare offentligt känns inte etiskt riktigt. Oavsett om endast positiva aspekter skulle framhävas är det oklart hur informationen skulle användas.
very good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 August 2016
A very nice company and friendly co-worker. An interesting task to increase your knowledge and I am a team worker, we always on time for the date of shipping.
A lot of changes in a short time
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS27 July 2016
It has been a tumultuous time in my nearly three years at Alere Escreen. One takevoer by Alere followed by an upcoming takeover by Abbott Laboratories. And now a move to Kansas CIty, MO from Overland Park, KS. Lots of change.
allot work
Assembler -Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 April 2016
always great work with Mexican and you can always have a free meal always overtime 40 and more hours if you want to learn to be a multi task person
long and hard day most of the time
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA30 March 2016
A typical day is long over 9 hours of work with lots of tasks needed to be finished at home. Paid and compensation are decent. The only good thing is the amicable work environment with very nice coworkers. Managements are ok, not that great.
Started out nice but has gone horribly downhill
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  California15 March 2016
I worked as a case manager for this company for 5 1/2 years. I would say I was only really happy about the first two. You can work remotely which is probably the best thing about them, that and my immediate supervisor was cool. But with all the changes this company has gone through since around 2010 or 2011, it has become all about quantity rather than quality anymore. I left because I could not take it anymore. Employees are absolutely miserable and the company does not care. They have unrealistic expectations and the pay and benefits are pathetic. If you try to discuss your dissatisfaction, they basically have a "if you don't like it you can quit" mentality. At least in California, I don't see them retaining employees very well and it's no wonder.. I would never work here again.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Pay not good, terrible benefits, management with unrealistic demands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7