Alere Employee Reviews

Company does not care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA30 October 2016
Management is awful, work is miserable, no room for advancement. Business is immoral and at times unethical. Co-workers were good, but there is no time to interact, so it does not really matter. Medical notes are ignored or "lost". Pay was awful for many years, now is at best average, but very low for the work they expect and the way you are treated. If you can get another job-do it!!
Pros
Cons
bad pay for work expected, bad management, unethical
Going down the hill really fast
Designer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA15 October 2016
A lot of people are leaving because the future of this company is unknown due to merging plans with another company. Staff is fairly friendly. The management is on their high horse, treats people poorly, shows no respect, extremly rude and often times very unprofessional. A lot of work is recycled from projects that were done years ago. No originally or creativity. Absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Office culture
Cons
Poor management
Love my job,the culture the peole and the variety of tasks i do daily.
Office coordinator/PA to Senior Directors (Current Employee) –  Galway9 October 2016
Love my job.Promotion Iminent, Career progression opportunitys are good.
Excellent experience attained in busy office managing 150+people , rapidly expanding office, experience in restructuring with no downtime,all aspects of facilities management,PA to 8 senior directors, senior admin in office, health &safety coordinator,front of house duties. Travel & expense manager for senior employees, projects experience, MS office skills wel used.
Pros
career progression, excellent personal developement, open office environment culture
Cons
Na
Liars and fakers
Medical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS6 October 2016
I can honestly say this was the worst job I have ever had. The pay was just ok, the benefits were awful, I told them what I wanted out of the company and what I did not like from my last job. They talked up the company like it was a wonderful place to work, so I left the current job I was in to go to Alere. I think after the first month, I knew I made a terrible mistake, they started changing every rule possible and on top of all this, they do not offer true sick time. They have what they call PTO, which was really just vacation. You had to give 48 hours advanced notice to miss, or you were wrote up, pathetic. Please reconsider if you are even thinking about going to this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
very good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 August 2016
A very nice company and friendly co-worker. An interesting task to increase your knowledge and I am a team worker, we always on time for the date of shipping.
A lot of changes in a short time
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS27 July 2016
It has been a tumultuous time in my nearly three years at Alere Escreen. One takevoer by Alere followed by an upcoming takeover by Abbott Laboratories. And now a move to Kansas CIty, MO from Overland Park, KS. Lots of change.
allot work
Assembler -Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 April 2016
always great work with Mexican and you can always have a free meal always overtime 40 and more hours if you want to learn to be a multi task person
long and hard day most of the time
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA30 March 2016
A typical day is long over 9 hours of work with lots of tasks needed to be finished at home. Paid and compensation are decent. The only good thing is the amicable work environment with very nice coworkers. Managements are ok, not that great.
Started out nice but has gone horribly downhill
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  California15 March 2016
I worked as a case manager for this company for 5 1/2 years. I would say I was only really happy about the first two. You can work remotely which is probably the best thing about them, that and my immediate supervisor was cool. But with all the changes this company has gone through since around 2010 or 2011, it has become all about quantity rather than quality anymore. I left because I could not take it anymore. Employees are absolutely miserable and the company does not care. They have unrealistic expectations and the pay and benefits are pathetic. If you try to discuss your dissatisfaction, they basically have a "if you don't like it you can quit" mentality. At least in California, I don't see them retaining employees very well and it's no wonder.. I would never work here again.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Pay not good, terrible benefits, management with unrealistic demands.
Graveyard Shift; Contract Employer thru agency
Quality Control Process Analyst I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 March 2016
Not much interaction with other employers due to working 3rd shift on my own for my department. Learning new things is difficult due to my working hours and the limited availability of personnel.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Healthcare; hourly rate for the hours that I work
aweful place to work
Clinical Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ3 March 2016
no wonder it closed. management was awful we called members to force programs on them they did not want. We then would put them back in the system to call them again cause they thought they would change their mind in 3 months
Pros
pay
Cons
the job its self is a con
Great co-workers and overall company goals
Clinic Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS29 February 2016
Typical day was a full work load and never-ending but eventually very rewarding. Management is very biased at times and promotions are given based on who you know; not always based on what you know. The hardest part of the job was the work load and the most enjoyable were the people you work with.
Pros
Great people to work with as everyone wants to succeed as a company
Cons
If's easier to move up if you fit in with the right people
stock in time
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJ29 February 2016
even tough the manufacturation is supervised by the fda the lead and the manager treats people like slave ,no talking ,not laughing no seating it should be more modern and accomodate their employees since they have so manny years and lots of experience they can perform their job sitting and talk freely
Pros
schedule
Cons
treatment
Alere has proven again and again to be the best
manager (Current Employee) –  Maine, ME19 February 2016
I have been with Alere nearly 8 years. I see some negative reviews here and they are obviously from disgruntled employees that were not taking advantage of the many opportunities that Alere Management offers to those that are willing to step out and take them. I have nothing but positive thoughts about Alere and they have been hands down the best employer I have worked at in my lifetime. Alere is a manufacturing facility that specializes in high level Medical Diagnostics. They run a business and obviously running a business does not leave room to make everyone happy at all times.. But they do their best.
Pros
Great culture
it was ok
Maternity Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA18 February 2016
hated schedule easy job I loved the training and being around knowledgeable individuals. This job increased my passion for heath care. I disliked leaving work after 10.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Good company
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CA5 February 2016
I learned how to operate equipment used to manufacture products and checks and inspects products against department procedures.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Wage
Great pay
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL23 December 2015
Working at Alere was an experience. I got to work along side some very special types of people. First of all, the nurses all sit in the section with their noses tooted up in the air. They never speak. And when anything goes wrong, they blame the reps on the phone. And then there is upper management who worry about trying to date the reps on the phone rather than do their jobs. One of the higher ups transferred back to Atlanta from the Pompano location when he was finished running through everyone. Don't flirt with someone who the other one has their eye on, and think that you will keep your job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Nor everyone is treated the same
fun, calm place to work
Donor caller specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS16 December 2015
A typical day at my job begins with my doing all the bilingual calls, in this position I have learned how to deal with unsatisfied clients, and have learned how to remain calm eventhough when they are screaming at you or insulting you. My coworkers have been a great help, everytime I have a question they are willing to help me and explain to me in a manner that makes me feel good.
Pros
you can bring your kids to work once in a while
Cons
short breaks
rated 4 out of 5 stars
Care Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN15 November 2015
Good salary and work environment was good. Some risk involved with current reduction in client base. Difficulty with career advancement.
Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL21 October 2015
Great Company and culture. Would recommend to a friend, it takes time to grow relationships with distribution partners. If you follow corporate direction and keep a great attitude amid the sales pressure you will succeed.

2.6