Aldo Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable place to work
Sales Lead / Key-holder (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
If you are up for fashion, shoes, and accessories then aldo is the place to work.. you need to meet daily targets so make sure you know your shoe care and how to upsell
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2016
great experience. I enjoyed the time being there and I larned alot in terms of skills and customer service. my co workers were amazing and nice.
Hard sell culture, did not enjoy
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Sales quotas but no commission to incite salesmen. Hard sell mentality encouraged. Hardest part was pushing add-ons like sprays and insoles. Co workers were nice, and friendly.
sales lead/ assisstant manager
Sales Lead/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
trained sales staff on persuasive selling techniques, maintaining visual presentation of merchandise ensuring always updated on current seasonal changes, assissting sales associates in making quotas, assissting manager with daily paperwork, scheduling and other tasks, inventory,mark-downs etc.
ALDO review
Sales associate and Stock management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
working at aldo was a great experience I got to meet new people and develop new skills.The management was very welcoming and they were very caring and reasonable with their employees
Lovely Company
-Organized
-Great DM's
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
enjoyed working there , had so much fun with the employee, they treat their employees with much respect ! good benefit========= learned so much and gained so much more experience
A work environment that is unique to its employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 23, 2016
If you want to work in a fast past environment, if you want a fashion forward company to help you from in a career path, then this is it. After spending 4 years in the Aldo Group, ive realized that this company is truly like none others.
Productive and un place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Peninsula, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Aldo everyday is fun. I love the people I work with and get along very well with them. I greet customers and cater to them and they're needs. Inbetween customers I'm checking our sales and our goals as well as cleaning, sizing and doing visual merchandising to make sure the store is always looking amazing.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Slow in January and February
was good!
stock person (Former Employee) –  begin and poirierJanuary 6, 2016
was great working there & environment excellent learned to work very hard & with others kept me in excellent shape was a great experience for me.
Pros
got shoes at 50% off
Cons
non
Great coworkers, terrible managment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2015
This company has a great customer service policy, unfortunatly they do not treat their employees as well as their customers. If you have a problem your DM will drag you along for weeks until they will agree to meet with you, and when that meeting happens they will not have any answers to any of your questions. The hourly wage at this establishment is the lowest I've ever seen in a retail establishment. If you are fulltime employee they will put you on commission and promise you that it will make up for your lack of hourly wage, except it doesn't.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly.
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
Work day
part time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2015
working at ALDO was not my ideal place of work, some days were not worth the hard work we all did. Respect was not in there vocabulary.
workplace party
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Workplace party was held on the important festivals to refresh the minds of the employees and to motivate the emplyees to work in a better way to increase the performance on work .
Pros
breaks
Fun cool place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
You got to see new stuff everyday. Also very Fun environment. Great place cause it is very fast pace. Hour go by quick. Great Place to work at.
Pros
Free Rides
ALDO
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONOctober 21, 2015
A day at ALDO can be very unpredictable in terms of sales. Holidays are always very busy and will keep you working non stop.

I've learned how to work as a team, create goals for myself and of course learn from various scenarios dealing with customer service

management is excellent. They constantly keep up with their staff, giving constructive feedback and pushing us to be the best of our abilities.

In my experience Co-workers consist mainly of university students with very few high school. Very mature demographic.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer service and being able to stay organized while juggling various tasks (also anything to do with boxing day).

most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and the ability to develop my sense of fashion.
Pros
Amazing sales team.
Cons
Minimum Wage.
Young and Dynamic Compnay
Executive Assistant to President (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecOctober 20, 2015
The ALDO Group is a young dynamic company. The company has so much to offer its employees. If you have the desire to work hard, you can easily grow within the company. Dedication and hard work are the keys to be successful at ALDO.
Pros
Cafeteria, dry cleaning services, car services, indoor parking
Cons
Long Hours
Fun work environment, treats Employees great!!
Sales Associate, cashier, stock, (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 8, 2015
I loved working for Aldo. My manager worked around my schedules although I was working 4 other jobs at the time. The benefits were great. We were a small team of 4 or 5 so we were really close, I loved the girls I worked with! Aldo has great incentives for their employees and treat them very well.
Pros
co-workers, incentives
Cons
stock
Energetic, fun and a great experience but forget about a fair salary.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCSeptember 30, 2015
Aldo was an extremely enlightening and fun place to work at with a million things going on. They thrived in anything ALDO culture and it really motivated me and a lot of other employees to work hard to earn our place. The salaries are borderline unfair but I guess the saying goes 'everyone starts somewhere' in my experience but to others in different departments... they beg to differ. I miss my co-workers because there are not enough good people that work here but management needs a little bit of work and structure.
Pros
Exciting Culture, 50% Discount, Decent Benefits
Cons
Disappointing Salary, Unstructured