Aldo Employee Reviews

fun but frustrating place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
Typical sales/retail position. Typical day at work consists of helping customers solve their footwear problems by providing suggestions, or selling them footwear. Product itself is not always the best quality. People in the workplace tend to be friendly and willing to build connections. It is hard to move up in the company itself as promotion is based on amount of time worked instead of how hard or well you work. Most enjoyable part is the people.
Pros
people, flexible hours
Cons
little recognition for hardwork, no rewards/promotions, on your feet all day
great discount on shoes
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON12 July 2017
It was fun and good environment job,Great staff and management,beautiful clothing,only thing was hard is holidays hours and long meetings,but overall it was great .
Pros
great discounts on shoes
Cons
long holiday hours
Fun experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Good first job as a seller. The typical day was about selling accessories to customers. The employees were good to work with. The manager was kind and flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hard physical work
Productive and fun Workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of constant interaction with customers and customer service while also multitasking with other administrative work.
I learned to be a team player and give customers the best shopping experience
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team to complete tasks and designated goals for ourselves
Pros
Team work
Cons
work/ Life balance
Fun, low salary
Sales & Operations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2017
Lots of politics and hierarchy. Difficult to grow, hard to find opportunities within the same team. Some directors are promoted based on the longevity of their work with the company, not their skills.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low salary
Customer service, fast pace
Customer Service knowledge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
When I worked at Aldo, it was a fast pace store and very busy. My typical day would be helping customers find the right size of shoe they wanted. The management was very nice and understanding. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo store was the people I worked with. Work was also full of laughs. The hardest part of my job there was dealing with the difficult customers.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
I really like Aldo it's a very nice place to work at.
Amazing staff
Very nice managers
Short breaks
Payed on breaks
Very good location
Amazing experience
Pros
Free snacks
Shoe/accessories company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2017
Aldo was very fast paced, money driven and new and current trends driven. A norma day consisted of sales, keeping up average cheques, ensuring customers left with product, upselling and pk.
Decent Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
I was a sales associate. Typically selling between $1500-$2500 of merchandise in a day.

I learned about moving fast and developped a strong work ethic due to my job here.

The managers were more pushy than they were trusting. Regardless of how strong a salesman was, the managers would continue to expect unrealistic goals from the staff.

The staff was fun to work with. The majority of us were around the same age so there was a snese of relatability. .

Nothing there felt necessarily hard, everything was pretty straight forward.

The staff I worked with was awesome and enjoyed laughing and keeping things light.
Pros
Great atmosphere for young staff
Cons
Promotions never happened. The best salesmen were kept at min wage.
Great store with shoes and accessories
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON. Calgary, AB.19 June 2017
The Aldo group is not a job to have for a long time. It is stressful at times and fun during others. It is a good place to learn retail. Learn and make mistakes because the upper management is very willing to train you.

Want to know more about Aldo?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment that enables me to be social and respectful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2017
A typical day at work revolves around meeting my individual and store quota for sales and enforcing the company's philosophy. I learn to work efficiently daily and improvise based on my customers' wants and needs. The culture is very trendy and requires me to have maximum knowledge on current fashion trends. During rush hours, the challenges remain the same - help every customer with a smile and build strong temporary relationships with them.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Minimum wage
Good team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2017
I go to work and am able to work with people I consider like family. The company was good to work for and provided good benefits. I enjoyed working with shoes and different fashion trends.
Management will become your bestfriend, you won't make much money though.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 May 2017
Manager was amazing when I worked there. She was understanding and never talked down to you. Very lenient with hours as well. I didn't make a lot of money however and was sometimes left alone in the store as the only employee and had to handle the responsibilities of everyone. Not the job for me.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay enough for all that you have to do
This was a great experiance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Working in retail really helped me with my customer service and communication skills. I had the chance to work with individuals that were very experienced with working with different and various types of people. I learned a lot of things about marketing, communication, sales, and how to organize items within a store. I really enjoyed working here due to the store being a jewelry and accessory shop.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Not much growth for me.
Enjoyable and friendly place to work
Head Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC23 May 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me helping the employees sign in, reserve conference rooms, greet suppliers/buyers/guests in the building. Answer phones, complete the taxi voucher payment information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all sorts of different people. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep busy.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria and gym access
Cons
Communication needs to be stronger within the departments
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
Schedule was poorly made. No matter what, I could always count on getting called in at least twice a week when I was not scheduled. Breaks were not established at the beginning of shifts, either.
Pros
fun envionment
Cons
poor scheduling
Great learning experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa11 May 2017
I have so much appreciation for the Aldo Group for allowing me to not only learn the skills necessary to work in retail/customer service, but also put those skills to use and advance in my career life. They believed I was a good fit for a management position and helped me work my way up to it. I started as Sales lead/stock coordinator, then got promoted to assistant manager, and within 4 months, I was promoted to Manager. Being such a small store, I did the stock as well as the management tasks. A typical day for me would start on the sales floor then move to the back to do the stock. The hardest part of the job would most likely be difficult customers. Anywhere you go, there will be difficult and rude people, it's all about finding that balance and not taking it personally. The most enjoyable part would be the team work and watching a customer leave completely satisfied with their experience.
Pros
I love the product
Cons
A lot of running around
productive and fun work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
Amazing management
communication skills, multitasking
very fashionable and trendy
helping customers find the perfect jewelry
product knowledge is very important in this company
Pros
team work
Cons
low pay
Extremely satisfying job with room for improvement and advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at ALDO for the short period of time that I was there. You get to communicate with people as is the retail life, but it really pushes customer service and forces you to step out of your comfort zone and really talk to customers and build a rapport so you can efficiently sell products. Being a part of the right team really helps. I had some really great coworkers and management staff that motivated me and made the work environment that much better. Would definitely recommend ALDO to people looking for job that really rewards hard work and teaches you a lot.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
Sometimes you can't make sales and it looks bad, but that really just has to do with the day and season and the people that come into the store.
High stress workplace with high expectation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Fun and fast environment with overall great store level staff. Ridiculously high expectations resulting in very stressed staff. Motivation tactics used were very "scare tactic" rather than positive feedback. Horrible work/life balance with little consideration for personal time. Many employees carry work stress home each day and are not able to relax. Good place for people who have an extremely high stress tolerance and competitiveness. Uses motivation of Advancement but takes a long time to advance for promotions which don't hold much for pay increase. overall job culture often described as manipulative and intense.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.