Aldo Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
Schedule was poorly made. No matter what, I could always count on getting called in at least twice a week when I was not scheduled. Breaks were not established at the beginning of shifts, either.
Pros
fun envionment
Cons
poor scheduling
Great learning experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa11 May 2017
I have so much appreciation for the Aldo Group for allowing me to not only learn the skills necessary to work in retail/customer service, but also put those skills to use and advance in my career life. They believed I was a good fit for a management position and helped me work my way up to it. I started as Sales lead/stock coordinator, then got promoted to assistant manager, and within 4 months, I was promoted to Manager. Being such a small store, I did the stock as well as the management tasks. A typical day for me would start on the sales floor then move to the back to do the stock. The hardest part of the job would most likely be difficult customers. Anywhere you go, there will be difficult and rude people, it's all about finding that balance and not taking it personally. The most enjoyable part would be the team work and watching a customer leave completely satisfied with their experience.
Pros
I love the product
Cons
A lot of running around
environnement convivial et très professionnel
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ON11 May 2017
Les journées étaient productives, en tant que vendeuse, il m'incombait de conseiller la clientèle sur des choix qu'elle effectuait et m'occuper des ventes à la caisse. L'ambiance était toujours conviviale en ce qui concernait les relations entre les différents membres du personnel ainsi qu'avec la manager. Des bonis étaient accordés aux meilleurs vendeurs ce qui était très encourageant et motivant, les conseillers était notés par les clients de façon à ce que le service à la clientèle soit évalué. j'ai appris au cours de mon parcours que le client est roi, que la disponibilité et l'ambiance dans un magasin permet de fidéliser la clientèle.
Pros
bonis pour vente mensuelle
productive and fun work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
Amazing management
communication skills, multitasking
very fashionable and trendy
helping customers find the perfect jewelry
product knowledge is very important in this company
Pros
team work
Cons
low pay
Extremely satisfying job with room for improvement and advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at ALDO for the short period of time that I was there. You get to communicate with people as is the retail life, but it really pushes customer service and forces you to step out of your comfort zone and really talk to customers and build a rapport so you can efficiently sell products. Being a part of the right team really helps. I had some really great coworkers and management staff that motivated me and made the work environment that much better. Would definitely recommend ALDO to people looking for job that really rewards hard work and teaches you a lot.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
Sometimes you can't make sales and it looks bad, but that really just has to do with the day and season and the people that come into the store.
High stress workplace with high expectation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Fun and fast environment with overall great store level staff. Ridiculously high expectations resulting in very stressed staff. Motivation tactics used were very "scare tactic" rather than positive feedback. Horrible work/life balance with little consideration for personal time. Many employees carry work stress home each day and are not able to relax. Good place for people who have an extremely high stress tolerance and competitiveness. Uses motivation of Advancement but takes a long time to advance for promotions which don't hold much for pay increase. overall job culture often described as manipulative and intense.
Environnement de travail calme et silencieux
S'occuppe des commandes en ligne (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2017
Mon travail a un atmosphère calme et paisible. J'aime beaucoup ce travail
Amazing Organizational Culture
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 April 2017
My overall experience has been extremely pleasant. I love working with the entire staff and the environment is always upbeat. Management is the biggest pro for me; both of my managers are extremely flexible and help me to reach my sales goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, wonderful staff
great company values
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
Dynamic work environment , fun, multicultural with great values .
flexible with employees, people are friendly . bilingual environment ( French and English ) .
great learning experience, nice caf and great gym and trainer
Environnement sain
Préparateur des commandes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2017
Le manager est super bien avec les employés. On se sent vraiment chez soi au travail avec un espace de travail où on respire un air sain malgré que l'on soit dans une entreprise.
Good to gain experience for beginners
Store Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
I am thankful to work with great managers and staff, but upper management was very unprofessional and not mention very hostile environment to work at.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
salary, upper management very unprofessional, very hostile place to work at.
Collègues amical
Emploi étudiant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
Les gens avec qui je travailles sont amicaux. Il y a comme une genre de famille entre les employés.
Pros
bon salaire dès le début.
Cons
Début du travaille tôt
Fun Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 April 2017
Cleaned up working environment
Unloaded and exported stock
Re-organized stock area
Stocked incoming stock
Helped out on the sales floor when needed
Watched out for shop-lifters
No work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2017
I recommend working for ALDO if you are a student looking for a fun atmosphere to work, - I do not advise you to work with this company if you plan to "climb" up the corporate ladder. I worked as an Assistant manager for 2 years, and had a horrible direct manager, and district manager, I then re-located and was promoted after a few months to Manager for 1.5yrs - was then shown a life I knew I did not want to work!! no work-life balance, or sympathy for "real life events" from Head office -I watched 3 really good managers and 2 district managers be let go over no reason other than greed and personal beef. This company is only in it for the money and will cut corners wherever possible. But if you want to "look cool, listen to awesome music, and buy shoes" have atter!! LOVE RESPECT AND INTEGRITY LOL.
Productive and engaging workplace
Sales Lead and Cash (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Great environment and management to help with any questions or areas of uncertainty. Great team and management. Easy to book shifts off or switch them around. Overall great company culture.
Upbeat, Multiple Task, Good Customer Service, Meet sale goals
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
Typical Day : Welcome customers in positive attitude
-Help style or find products a customer may like
-Cash out customers, make orders & handle any returns or refunds
-During down time restock items check prices for any changes
-End of the day close tills/count makings or check and clean stations where products are located for the next day

What I've Learned: Time management skills: While working for Aldos i've learned how to balance out my attention to core work duties and focusing on customer service while making sure my co-workers were working together and focused.

Management: Very determined to make sure everyone made their sale goals for the day, friendly made sure employers were comfortable with their position in the work place.

Culture: Fast past, team working skills necessary, Work and home schedules were addressed accordingly. Dress to impress,

Hardest Part: Making sure co-workers are on the same pace & work ethic

Most Enjoyable Part: Being able to go in knowing what exact duties need to be done by each member. Working together with co-workers and also independently
Pros
Employee discounts, advancements to higher postions
Not a serious company more like a soap opera company
Software Developer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 March 2017
Management at all levels was unqualified and incompetent.
Management positions and promotions were obtained purely based personal connections and politics.
The norm of management was to exploit and take advantage of employees.
Working hard and with heart did not lead to reward or appreciation.

Comment – 19 March 2017

I worked at the head office for 5 years
So my comment is not related to the actual retail stores

The longer you stay the more they walk all over you.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 March 2017
I was with the company for 5 years. It is very repetitive work and the pay isn't worth what's expected of you.

I helped open a brand new store and was working 15 hour days only getting paid each day for 8 when I asked to be paid for my time I was told all Mangers do it and don't complain. Knowing the store wouldn't open in time they didn't act as though they appreciated my hard work or all the extra hours put in without pay.

It's a good company at first to work for until you see the true side to the upper management who refer to you as just another number and replaceable. The company is told to provide love, integrity and respect and that's definitely not how employees are treated.

If I was able to tell all employees before they started working for this company. I'd tell them they won't be happy working for a company like Aldo and it won't be long before they leave.
Pros
Fun at first
Cons
Just another number to diretors and district managers.
Great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
love working here, great staff and amazing manager. learned how to handle cash and make deposits with confidence. love helping the customers and resolving issues that may occur
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 March 2017
Good environment where I first learned about sales and organizational time management. It was a good place to practice my people skills as a first job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.