Aldo Employee Reviews

fast pace
Store Manager and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
this company was exciting. Put was very hard keep up to their expectations. As a manager you didn't have much of a life besides the store. Was to much for me and the pay was not great
Pros
dicount
Cons
long hours and comitment
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Multi-cultural and modern environment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 June 2016
Typical day at work is busy. I learned how to multi-task, prioritize job and deal with different types of people, internally and externally. The management is good. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer picnic and holiday family celebration.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work overload
Fun first management job with a great little staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 May 2016
At Aldo our main focus would always be on the customers. This job taught me so much about the inner workings and day to day duties required to keep a retail environment in tiptop shape. My manager was the sweetest person I have ever met so understanding and phenomenal at her job. The other girls on our team were a pleasure to coach and learn from as well. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo group for me was helping customers put a complete outfit together! Something about that I just found so satisfying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great staff
The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTO29 May 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
Awesome Work Place Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2016
Excellent management
Co- workers work hard
Enjoy the daily tasks on a day to day basis
awesome workplace
awesome training there
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 May 2016
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment. The salary is great if you are a full-time.
trendy, fashionable and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2016
A typical day at Aldo consists of stocking, shelving, organizing and cleaning the front of the store an the back. While mainting a clean environment, it is also mandatory to keep the customers walking out happy. This is simply done by checking on what they need, asking if they like the size, the shoe and over all if they have any questions. Obviously, the perfect shoe and size is not always available (out-of-stock) this would require me to find something similar, which was often difficult at times given that there aren't many similar style. However, it was not extremely hard given that I can spend hours helping someone finding the perfect match.
Engaging, but little benefits
Sales Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2016
Working at Aldo as part-time employee has been a great time for me. That being said, Aldo has helped me improve my skills as a sales associate, learning how to convince customers to purchase value added items on top of their purchases.
Pros
Great staff, flexible hours as a part time employee
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging and fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2016
ALDO is a challenging, fast paced, customer service oriented workplace. Team work is essential to the store's success. Co-workers make work fun. Management is helpful when the associate or team needs guidance.
Training should be a lot better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
Worked at aldo for a month and a half. The training there was not great. They didn't go over any safety precautions at all. Didn't even know where the first aid kit was. More than 15 people in the store at some points and had maybe 2 to 3 people on the floor depending on who was working. The manager was not great at teaching when i'd ask her questions she'd be on her phone not paying attention to what I was saying. Delt with the transfers being first priority to customers in the store which is not right. The commission was good. They never went over the deals that you could get if you were great at the job.
Pros
50% off
Cons
bad communication
Fun to work at
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2016
At this position you learn a lot about people. Specifically, their decision making, behavioural patterns and outcomes. More importantly, the position teaches you invaluable life lessons that not a lot of other places teach you. It teaches you to be patient not only with the people you attend to but also with the people you work with. You learn amazing people skills, how to communicate and be articulate. And finally, how to work under adverse conditions.
Retail Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2016
Insure cleanliness and presentability of store and displays, hire and train staff. Work as team to ultimately achieve sales quotas. Balance cash credit cards and debit submit info to HO.
Full-Time job employment constantly moving around and on our my feet.
Back room stock and sales employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 March 2016
A full time job employment with Aldo Shoes as a stock personnel. Constantly on your feet and must be physically fit as your climbing up and down ladders and crouching. Moving around 50LB boxes and returning shoes back on shelves from customers that took a look from them. Detail orientated due to organization in the stock room and Aldo's products. Daily house cleaning such as sweeping,mopping, and disposal of trash at the end of each shift.
Fun !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensborough, BC18 February 2016
Been working at ALDO for a total of 3 months, during the busiest month and slowest month. When it's busy there is a lot of competition over sales, however; my coworkers usually help me meet my sales goal as soon as they have reached theirs. Finding the shoes is somewhat hard to do only because stock boys have to move them around, new way of sorting the shoes or people just don't put them back in place. The work environment is very fun and chill, most of the time if it isn't busy we don't do a lot of hard labour, just sweeping and organizing shoes while we talk. The managers are very understanding and it's very easy to switch shifts with coworkers.
Pros
50% off, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
Discount only applicable using original price, playlist
Aldo offers a fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 February 2016
Every shift I am given a certain goal according to my capabilities. Usually I am given more than $1000 goal. I have learned that I must be able to create a trustworthy experience with the customers to obtain their loyalty. With this, I will be able to sell the products and expect the customers to come back with the same expectations. My coworkers are definitely the reason I look forward to working, they are nice and fun to work with.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Lead / Key-holder (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 February 2016
If you are up for fashion, shoes, and accessories then aldo is the place to work.. you need to meet daily targets so make sure you know your shoe care and how to upsell
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2016
great experience. I enjoyed the time being there and I larned alot in terms of skills and customer service. my co workers were amazing and nice.