Aldo Employee Reviews

Retail Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 18, 2016
Insure cleanliness and presentability of store and displays, hire and train staff. Work as team to ultimately achieve sales quotas. Balance cash credit cards and debit submit info to HO.
Full-Time job employment constantly moving around and on our my feet.
Back room stock and sales employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 3, 2016
A full time job employment with Aldo Shoes as a stock personnel. Constantly on your feet and must be physically fit as your climbing up and down ladders and crouching. Moving around 50LB boxes and returning shoes back on shelves from customers that took a look from them. Detail orientated due to organization in the stock room and Aldo's products. Daily house cleaning such as sweeping,mopping, and disposal of trash at the end of each shift.
Fun !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensborough, BCFebruary 18, 2016
Been working at ALDO for a total of 3 months, during the busiest month and slowest month. When it's busy there is a lot of competition over sales, however; my coworkers usually help me meet my sales goal as soon as they have reached theirs. Finding the shoes is somewhat hard to do only because stock boys have to move them around, new way of sorting the shoes or people just don't put them back in place. The work environment is very fun and chill, most of the time if it isn't busy we don't do a lot of hard labour, just sweeping and organizing shoes while we talk. The managers are very understanding and it's very easy to switch shifts with coworkers.
Pros
50% off, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
Discount only applicable using original price, playlist
Aldo offers a fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Every shift I am given a certain goal according to my capabilities. Usually I am given more than $1000 goal. I have learned that I must be able to create a trustworthy experience with the customers to obtain their loyalty. With this, I will be able to sell the products and expect the customers to come back with the same expectations. My coworkers are definitely the reason I look forward to working, they are nice and fun to work with.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Lead / Key-holder (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
If you are up for fashion, shoes, and accessories then aldo is the place to work.. you need to meet daily targets so make sure you know your shoe care and how to upsell
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2016
great experience. I enjoyed the time being there and I larned alot in terms of skills and customer service. my co workers were amazing and nice.
Hard sell culture, did not enjoy
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Sales quotas but no commission to incite salesmen. Hard sell mentality encouraged. Hardest part was pushing add-ons like sprays and insoles. Co workers were nice, and friendly.
sales lead/ assisstant manager
Sales Lead/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
trained sales staff on persuasive selling techniques, maintaining visual presentation of merchandise ensuring always updated on current seasonal changes, assissting sales associates in making quotas, assissting manager with daily paperwork, scheduling and other tasks, inventory,mark-downs etc.
ALDO review
Sales associate and Stock management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
working at aldo was a great experience I got to meet new people and develop new skills.The management was very welcoming and they were very caring and reasonable with their employees
Lovely Company
-Organized
-Great DM's
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
enjoyed working there , had so much fun with the employee, they treat their employees with much respect ! good benefit========= learned so much and gained so much more experience
A work environment that is unique to its employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 23, 2016
If you want to work in a fast past environment, if you want a fashion forward company to help you from in a career path, then this is it. After spending 4 years in the Aldo Group, ive realized that this company is truly like none others.
Productive and un place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Peninsula, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Aldo everyday is fun. I love the people I work with and get along very well with them. I greet customers and cater to them and they're needs. Inbetween customers I'm checking our sales and our goals as well as cleaning, sizing and doing visual merchandising to make sure the store is always looking amazing.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Slow in January and February
was good!
stock person (Former Employee) –  begin and poirierJanuary 6, 2016
was great working there & environment excellent learned to work very hard & with others kept me in excellent shape was a great experience for me.
Pros
got shoes at 50% off
Cons
non
Great coworkers, terrible managment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2015
This company has a great customer service policy, unfortunatly they do not treat their employees as well as their customers. If you have a problem your DM will drag you along for weeks until they will agree to meet with you, and when that meeting happens they will not have any answers to any of your questions. The hourly wage at this establishment is the lowest I've ever seen in a retail establishment. If you are fulltime employee they will put you on commission and promise you that it will make up for your lack of hourly wage, except it doesn't.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly.
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
Work day
part time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2015
working at ALDO was not my ideal place of work, some days were not worth the hard work we all did. Respect was not in there vocabulary.
workplace party
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Workplace party was held on the important festivals to refresh the minds of the employees and to motivate the emplyees to work in a better way to increase the performance on work .
Pros
breaks
Fun cool place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
You got to see new stuff everyday. Also very Fun environment. Great place cause it is very fast pace. Hour go by quick. Great Place to work at.
Pros
Free Rides