Aldo Employee Reviews

Fun workplace that appreciates good work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2017
I was lucky to have an amazing manager and a fabulous district manager. I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Aldo. The company runs like a very well oiled machine. Staff are always friendly no matter the location. You can sometimes find the odd snobby sales associate only because Aldo's fashion influence can attract some vain employees. Otherwise, staff are trendy, fun, light, and full of beautiful different personalities -which the company totally promotes. There is a quick turnover rate because a lot of the employees tend to be younger which means advancement is very very attainable. Hours are reasonable, pay is reasonable. Overall a great place to work
Pros
perfectly managed
There are better retail companies to work for...
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2017
Middle management- Store managers and DMs do their best to make it a decent working experience, but they can only do so much. It's really obvious that upper management is not interested in the development of their associates. In the time that i worked there, i met few people who like the job.
Fun and energy filled place to work, looking to however broaden my horizon.
3rd key holder (Current Employee) –  crossiron Mills Calgary27 July 2017
A typical day at work would include presenting the store in an organized, customer friendly setting. Greeting the customer and attending to their needs effectively. in regards to management, an overall observation of employees and store operations and maintenance was involved in the job. Organizing shift changes, order and shipment packages, sales and overall constant progressive flow of the stores operation was also apart of the tasks which i was responsible for.
Pros
Flexible Shift hours based of traffic, weather or operations
Cons
Location - Limited options of arriving to work in a punctual manner
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
Enjoyed my time at Aldo. I had a very kind and supportive DSM during my time who invested in my growth and training.
Amazing product, great store discount throughout banner and great contest incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Great discount, sales contest, paid travel
Cons
Required to purchase lot, shoe care objectives
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 July 2017
This was a very nice place to work the manager was very outgoing and was there when you needed help with something.. This was my first job and I learned how to work the register, assist people with their needs and much more.
FUN FUN company
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC17 July 2017
One of the best place to work. It was fun to work hard and see the result immediately. Very friendly and professional people. They know how to make a good balance between the job and life.
I love it there!!
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
fun but feel like I could excel in something higher paid and a sales position involving commission along with a job that allows me to excel in communications
fun but frustrating place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
Typical sales/retail position. Typical day at work consists of helping customers solve their footwear problems by providing suggestions, or selling them footwear. Product itself is not always the best quality. People in the workplace tend to be friendly and willing to build connections. It is hard to move up in the company itself as promotion is based on amount of time worked instead of how hard or well you work. Most enjoyable part is the people.
Pros
people, flexible hours
Cons
little recognition for hardwork, no rewards/promotions, on your feet all day
great discount on shoes
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON12 July 2017
It was fun and good environment job,Great staff and management,beautiful clothing,only thing was hard is holidays hours and long meetings,but overall it was great .
Pros
great discounts on shoes
Cons
long holiday hours
Fun experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Good first job as a seller. The typical day was about selling accessories to customers. The employees were good to work with. The manager was kind and flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hard physical work
Productive and fun Workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of constant interaction with customers and customer service while also multitasking with other administrative work.
I learned to be a team player and give customers the best shopping experience
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team to complete tasks and designated goals for ourselves
Pros
Team work
Cons
work/ Life balance
Fun, low salary
Sales & Operations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2017
Lots of politics and hierarchy. Difficult to grow, hard to find opportunities within the same team. Some directors are promoted based on the longevity of their work with the company, not their skills.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low salary
Customer service, fast pace
Customer Service knowledge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
When I worked at Aldo, it was a fast pace store and very busy. My typical day would be helping customers find the right size of shoe they wanted. The management was very nice and understanding. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo store was the people I worked with. Work was also full of laughs. The hardest part of my job there was dealing with the difficult customers.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
I really like Aldo it's a very nice place to work at.
Amazing staff
Very nice managers
Short breaks
Payed on breaks
Very good location
Amazing experience
Pros
Free snacks
Shoe/accessories company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2017
Aldo was very fast paced, money driven and new and current trends driven. A norma day consisted of sales, keeping up average cheques, ensuring customers left with product, upselling and pk.
Decent Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
I was a sales associate. Typically selling between $1500-$2500 of merchandise in a day.

I learned about moving fast and developped a strong work ethic due to my job here.

The managers were more pushy than they were trusting. Regardless of how strong a salesman was, the managers would continue to expect unrealistic goals from the staff.

The staff was fun to work with. The majority of us were around the same age so there was a snese of relatability. .

Nothing there felt necessarily hard, everything was pretty straight forward.

The staff I worked with was awesome and enjoyed laughing and keeping things light.
Pros
Great atmosphere for young staff
Cons
Promotions never happened. The best salesmen were kept at min wage.
Great store with shoes and accessories
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON. Calgary, AB.19 June 2017
The Aldo group is not a job to have for a long time. It is stressful at times and fun during others. It is a good place to learn retail. Learn and make mistakes because the upper management is very willing to train you.
Fast paced environment that enables me to be social and respectful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2017
A typical day at work revolves around meeting my individual and store quota for sales and enforcing the company's philosophy. I learn to work efficiently daily and improvise based on my customers' wants and needs. The culture is very trendy and requires me to have maximum knowledge on current fashion trends. During rush hours, the challenges remain the same - help every customer with a smile and build strong temporary relationships with them.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Minimum wage
Good team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2017
I go to work and am able to work with people I consider like family. The company was good to work for and provided good benefits. I enjoyed working with shoes and different fashion trends.
Management will become your bestfriend, you won't make much money though.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 May 2017
Manager was amazing when I worked there. She was understanding and never talked down to you. Very lenient with hours as well. I didn't make a lot of money however and was sometimes left alone in the store as the only employee and had to handle the responsibilities of everyone. Not the job for me.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay enough for all that you have to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.