Aldo Employee Reviews

No work-life balance, horrible training towards staff members
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 October 2017
There is a lot of pressure and no work like balance what so ever. You do not get any appreciation for the extra work you put in, and the staff is poorly treated.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
well structured processes promoting advancement
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
A fast paced environment with constant interaction with people.

- learned the importance of engaging all staff and creating a learning environment

- management also nurtured a learning environment

- work culture was fresh and exciting

- the most enjoyable part of the job was watching teams you have coached being promoted and advancing

- the hardest part of the job was the cycle of starting from scratch with new teams
Pros
interactions with people
Cons
long days
Retail
Key Holder / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Not impressed with how employees were treated and the overall training was very poor with high turn around and disgruntled employees. Felt the environment needed more guidance and support with a more mature management team.
what they did to me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
I worked there for three months he made me come to work to fire me before right before Christmas saying "I didn't fit the part" with no ROE so I could get unemployement
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
fired
Fun and trendy company that strives to have the best customer service.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2017
Aldo is a customer service driven company. What I love most about the job is engaging with so many different personalities. I love making a connection with people and seeing them leave the store satisfied.
The fast-paced environment ensures that you will never have a dull moment.
Sales based. With no commission
Cashier / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2017
If you did not make your goals you are let go 2 weeks after. There is no recognition for making these goals mainly focused what you did not reach. Hours are cut if not making what they want you to. Oveerall, I love helping customers , but its sales driven so you are not aloud to focus on one customer for a long period of time , I love the fast pace however.
great atmosphere to work in
Stock worker/Runner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
I learned how to be a runner for shoes the people I worked with were super nice and very helpful. The management was very good at the time I worked there i got to see all the different thing that went on i a shoe store which was neat to learn and see.
Pros
great coworkers
nice place to get a lot of experience
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
organize the back and receive products and put them in front, help the sales associates when store gets busy, do the shipments and make my daily goal of selling
Fun workplace that appreciates good work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2017
I was lucky to have an amazing manager and a fabulous district manager. I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Aldo. The company runs like a very well oiled machine. Staff are always friendly no matter the location. You can sometimes find the odd snobby sales associate only because Aldo's fashion influence can attract some vain employees. Otherwise, staff are trendy, fun, light, and full of beautiful different personalities -which the company totally promotes. There is a quick turnover rate because a lot of the employees tend to be younger which means advancement is very very attainable. Hours are reasonable, pay is reasonable. Overall a great place to work
Pros
perfectly managed
There are better retail companies to work for...
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2017
Middle management- Store managers and DMs do their best to make it a decent working experience, but they can only do so much. It's really obvious that upper management is not interested in the development of their associates. In the time that i worked there, i met few people who like the job.
Fun and energy filled place to work, looking to however broaden my horizon.
3rd key holder (Current Employee) –  crossiron Mills Calgary27 July 2017
A typical day at work would include presenting the store in an organized, customer friendly setting. Greeting the customer and attending to their needs effectively. in regards to management, an overall observation of employees and store operations and maintenance was involved in the job. Organizing shift changes, order and shipment packages, sales and overall constant progressive flow of the stores operation was also apart of the tasks which i was responsible for.
Pros
Flexible Shift hours based of traffic, weather or operations
Cons
Location - Limited options of arriving to work in a punctual manner
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
Enjoyed my time at Aldo. I had a very kind and supportive DSM during my time who invested in my growth and training.
Amazing product, great store discount throughout banner and great contest incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Great discount, sales contest, paid travel
Cons
Required to purchase lot, shoe care objectives
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 July 2017
This was a very nice place to work the manager was very outgoing and was there when you needed help with something.. This was my first job and I learned how to work the register, assist people with their needs and much more.
FUN FUN company
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC17 July 2017
One of the best place to work. It was fun to work hard and see the result immediately. Very friendly and professional people. They know how to make a good balance between the job and life.
I love it there!!
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
fun but feel like I could excel in something higher paid and a sales position involving commission along with a job that allows me to excel in communications
fun but frustrating place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
Typical sales/retail position. Typical day at work consists of helping customers solve their footwear problems by providing suggestions, or selling them footwear. Product itself is not always the best quality. People in the workplace tend to be friendly and willing to build connections. It is hard to move up in the company itself as promotion is based on amount of time worked instead of how hard or well you work. Most enjoyable part is the people.
Pros
people, flexible hours
Cons
little recognition for hardwork, no rewards/promotions, on your feet all day
great discount on shoes
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON12 July 2017
It was fun and good environment job,Great staff and management,beautiful clothing,only thing was hard is holidays hours and long meetings,but overall it was great .
Pros
great discounts on shoes
Cons
long holiday hours
Fun experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Good first job as a seller. The typical day was about selling accessories to customers. The employees were good to work with. The manager was kind and flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hard physical work
Productive and fun Workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of constant interaction with customers and customer service while also multitasking with other administrative work.
I learned to be a team player and give customers the best shopping experience
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team to complete tasks and designated goals for ourselves
Pros
Team work
Cons
work/ Life balance
Fun, low salary
Sales & Operations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2017
Lots of politics and hierarchy. Difficult to grow, hard to find opportunities within the same team. Some directors are promoted based on the longevity of their work with the company, not their skills.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.