Aldo Employee Reviews

Fun place to start off
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2016
good experience for my first retail job
I really enjoyed my co- workers
the best part about my job was the customers and always meeting somebody new.
Great when young and starting.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2016
Great for when ypung and just starting in retail.

Too much turnover with limited upward mobility. Was was below par.

Nothing else to say. Worked there over a decade ago.
Fan work place with focused supervisor
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2016
Excellent great environment with motivating crew
,I enjoy busy days because i learn alot
, all my co workers are in the good mood or will put you in a good mood when you having a bad day
Pros
free tea and lunch every weekend
Cons
it was a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 September 2016
they people i worked with there was really funny and nice, but has to be worked under pressure, cuz its a fast paced environment. but it would've been great if they cut me some slack on the work hours as a part-time worker. but anything else than that, working at Aldo was fun! :)
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
only gave me 15 mins to eat my lunch & only 2 breaks allowed
Amazing work environment with exceptional staff
Part-time Sales Lead- Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 September 2016
Working at ALDO SHOES is different everyday. This job is always fast-paced and organized. I have grown while working with this company and have developed great skills I will be able to use in any field, such as customer service skills.
Pros
Great Team
great company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
great company to start and grow in with a lot of potential to exel in. great customer service experience. have potential to get into head office. great company culture, values and treat employees well.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC17 August 2016
- professional environment with regular workshops to gain skills
- fashion driven with style guides provided
- great sales approach/ tips to help drive sales
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 July 2016
Working at ALDO helped me gain a lot of customer service experience. I would be seeing and helping customers on a day to day basis and loved sending customers home with a smile on their face. I got along with all co workers and loved working as a part of a team there but also enjoyed how I had the option to work independently and get tasks done on my own.
good companny
Key holder/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Great discounts on shoes and accessories but the sales pressure is intense. Not worth all of that stress for a minimum wage job
Fun place, no complaints.
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2016
Managers were excellent, no usual retail cattiness that comes from working alongside younger staff. Starting wage was above minimum, even without retail experience.
Pros
Great hours, easy and well paced.
Cons
none really
Boring, terrible
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 June 2016
awful. didnt like it at all. suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
Cons
staff
Ok experience
Coordonnateur technique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 June 2016
The office space is beautiful. However, it is in the middle of nowhere and commuting can take a while.
Co-workers were nice and helpful.
fast pace
Store Manager and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
this company was exciting. Put was very hard keep up to their expectations. As a manager you didn't have much of a life besides the store. Was to much for me and the pay was not great
Pros
dicount
Cons
long hours and comitment
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Multi-cultural and modern environment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 June 2016
Typical day at work is busy. I learned how to multi-task, prioritize job and deal with different types of people, internally and externally. The management is good. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer picnic and holiday family celebration.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work overload
Fun first management job with a great little staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 May 2016
At Aldo our main focus would always be on the customers. This job taught me so much about the inner workings and day to day duties required to keep a retail environment in tiptop shape. My manager was the sweetest person I have ever met so understanding and phenomenal at her job. The other girls on our team were a pleasure to coach and learn from as well. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo group for me was helping customers put a complete outfit together! Something about that I just found so satisfying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great staff
The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTO29 May 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
Awesome Work Place Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2016
Excellent management
Co- workers work hard
Enjoy the daily tasks on a day to day basis
awesome workplace
awesome training there
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 May 2016
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment. The salary is great if you are a full-time.
trendy, fashionable and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2016
A typical day at Aldo consists of stocking, shelving, organizing and cleaning the front of the store an the back. While mainting a clean environment, it is also mandatory to keep the customers walking out happy. This is simply done by checking on what they need, asking if they like the size, the shoe and over all if they have any questions. Obviously, the perfect shoe and size is not always available (out-of-stock) this would require me to find something similar, which was often difficult at times given that there aren't many similar style. However, it was not extremely hard given that I can spend hours helping someone finding the perfect match.