Aldo Employee Reviews

Fan work place with focused supervisor
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 29, 2016
Excellent great environment with motivating crew
,I enjoy busy days because i learn alot
, all my co workers are in the good mood or will put you in a good mood when you having a bad day
Pros
free tea and lunch every weekend
Cons
Amazing work environment with exceptional staff
Part-time Sales Lead- Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 9, 2016
Working at ALDO SHOES is different everyday. This job is always fast-paced and organized. I have grown while working with this company and have developed great skills I will be able to use in any field, such as customer service skills.
Pros
Great Team
great company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
great company to start and grow in with a lot of potential to exel in. great customer service experience. have potential to get into head office. great company culture, values and treat employees well.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BCAugust 17, 2016
- professional environment with regular workshops to gain skills
- fashion driven with style guides provided
- great sales approach/ tips to help drive sales
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 27, 2016
Working at ALDO helped me gain a lot of customer service experience. I would be seeing and helping customers on a day to day basis and loved sending customers home with a smile on their face. I got along with all co workers and loved working as a part of a team there but also enjoyed how I had the option to work independently and get tasks done on my own.
good companny
Key holder/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
Great discounts on shoes and accessories but the sales pressure is intense. Not worth all of that stress for a minimum wage job
Fun place, no complaints.
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
Managers were excellent, no usual retail cattiness that comes from working alongside younger staff. Starting wage was above minimum, even without retail experience.
Pros
Great hours, easy and well paced.
Cons
none really
Boring, terrible
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 28, 2016
awful. didnt like it at all. suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
Cons
staff
Ok experience
Coordonnateur technique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
The office space is beautiful. However, it is in the middle of nowhere and commuting can take a while.
Co-workers were nice and helpful.
fast pace
Store Manager and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
this company was exciting. Put was very hard keep up to their expectations. As a manager you didn't have much of a life besides the store. Was to much for me and the pay was not great
Pros
dicount
Cons
long hours and comitment
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Multi-cultural and modern environment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work is busy. I learned how to multi-task, prioritize job and deal with different types of people, internally and externally. The management is good. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer picnic and holiday family celebration.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work overload
Fun first management job with a great little staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 29, 2016
At Aldo our main focus would always be on the customers. This job taught me so much about the inner workings and day to day duties required to keep a retail environment in tiptop shape. My manager was the sweetest person I have ever met so understanding and phenomenal at her job. The other girls on our team were a pleasure to coach and learn from as well. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo group for me was helping customers put a complete outfit together! Something about that I just found so satisfying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great staff
The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTOMay 29, 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
Awesome Work Place Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 9, 2016
Excellent management
Co- workers work hard
Enjoy the daily tasks on a day to day basis
awesome workplace
awesome training there
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BCMay 3, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment. The salary is great if you are a full-time.
trendy, fashionable and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Aldo consists of stocking, shelving, organizing and cleaning the front of the store an the back. While mainting a clean environment, it is also mandatory to keep the customers walking out happy. This is simply done by checking on what they need, asking if they like the size, the shoe and over all if they have any questions. Obviously, the perfect shoe and size is not always available (out-of-stock) this would require me to find something similar, which was often difficult at times given that there aren't many similar style. However, it was not extremely hard given that I can spend hours helping someone finding the perfect match.
Engaging, but little benefits
Sales Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 8, 2016
Working at Aldo as part-time employee has been a great time for me. That being said, Aldo has helped me improve my skills as a sales associate, learning how to convince customers to purchase value added items on top of their purchases.
Pros
Great staff, flexible hours as a part time employee
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging and fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
ALDO is a challenging, fast paced, customer service oriented workplace. Team work is essential to the store's success. Co-workers make work fun. Management is helpful when the associate or team needs guidance.
Training should be a lot better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Worked at aldo for a month and a half. The training there was not great. They didn't go over any safety precautions at all. Didn't even know where the first aid kit was. More than 15 people in the store at some points and had maybe 2 to 3 people on the floor depending on who was working. The manager was not great at teaching when i'd ask her questions she'd be on her phone not paying attention to what I was saying. Delt with the transfers being first priority to customers in the store which is not right. The commission was good. They never went over the deals that you could get if you were great at the job.
Pros
50% off
Cons
bad communication