Aldo

Aldo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great to meet people, and great deals!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 7, 2014
Typical duties:

• Assisted store managers
• Accountable for training employees
• Synchronized schedules for multiple employees
• Took full responsibility for resolving all customer concerns/complaints
• Ensured store’s monthly targets were met
• Found innovative ways to motivate staff
• Delegated work amongst staff
• Executed visual merchandizing plans.
A great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Know what your store goal is for the day ,so if head office calls you know your goal.
Learned that its always a team work
customers come first
dealing with unhappy customers
Great experience, not so great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off shoes
Cons: district managers, schedules
Don't expect yourself to move up in this company unless your manager likes you. A lot of favouritism, your district manager doesn't care about you if you're a sales associate. Sales associates as treated similar to disposable products.. neglected and not cared for. If you're a part timer almost always expect closing shifts, poor room for advancement – more... and development. You always have to follow a style guide for your outfits each season, you must wear their shoes but they're not free. Closing shifts are the worst, if you're scheduled to close and mall closes at 9 don't expect to get out sooner than 10. – less
Got lots of management experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
With poor management, came great responsibility on my part. I had to train all the ladies, but they were great.
competative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 14, 2014
Very competitive sale targets but enjoyable work environment overall.
Professional and fun atmosphere with room to grow
Sales Representative/Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: working in the fashion industry
Cons: having to provide high standards of customer service to rude customers
I've been working for the Aldo Group for 14 years and I've grown so much. My ability to provide Excellent Customer Service stems from my many years with this company and the initial training that was provided for me to grow. At work there is never a dull moment. I've always worked at very high volume stores, therefor I'm always helping customers with – more... their needs or dictating duties to staff.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when a customer is truly satisfied with the service I've provided for them and they always let me know that they will be back in for a visit shortly. Working for over a decade with this company, I'd say the hardest part would be employee turnover, however it is the norm for retail.
What I've learned the most over the years, is that although each day I interact with many people from different walks of life, if you treat everyone with respect and honesty, at the end of the day you will build a clientele base, because people always remember superior customer service. – less
Fun working atmosphere
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Erin Mills Town CentreJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work requires me to greet customers and have a conversation with them. In order to best help the customer, i must understand what they are looking for, and inform them of certain trends within the season. Although the job provides each employee with sales goals, the managers do not pressure their employees nor do they make them feel – more... uncomfortable. Each employee works at their own pace, attempting to do their best to meet their sales goals. Each week each employee has a certain amount they should sell, and a certain percentage of shoe care and handbags must also be sold. The hardest part sometimes is to meet the percentage asked for shoe care products or handbags because some customers are only interested in the shoe itself. This is where the company requires us to use our marketing and communication skills to convince our customers of the importance of shoe care products and matching handbags. Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable as the job requires you to be social and create public relations. – less
Aldo
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: exciting
Cons: repetitive job
Clock in and check in with manager. Make sure all inventory is ordered and there is a clean operable facility. Watched over shipments in and out of the store. Fast paced environment and great people.
productive place
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), montreal, Q.CApril 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: to mention and almost push customers to buy shoes product
I learned a lot from this job, it was productive and fun. I become a more responsible person and I stat taking initiative. when a job become interesting it can never be hard because we enjoying doing it. the most enjoyable was the busy days because I'm a very active person so I enjoy multitasking and helping many customers at the same time. I enjoy – more... interacting with people – less
from cleaning to closing the cash
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical day at Aldo is from checking the agenda and the quate of every emplyed until tide the store for cling,
fun workplace with various people
Stuck Person/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
it was fun work as stuck person or sales, because I got to meet lost of different people either my co-workers or customer.
Sales motivation and productive environment
Manager-In-Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: longer mall hours in comparison to other malls, a 10 hour shift would only have a one 30 minute break
As a Manager-In-Training a typical day at work would include coaching every sales associate and key holder with their sales quota, ensuring that there is proper visual presentation on new merchandise, and providing customer service. I am required to not only meet my own sales quota for the day and the week, but also the entire budget of the whole store.

I – more... learned how to handle dissatisfied and distressed customers more calmly and effectively. For instance, customers who are not satisfied with the quality of the merchandise are given different options such as return, exchange, and replace.

The manager that I worked with was very optimistic and motivational with the team. The only downfall is the management higher than that which includes the District Manager. I found that work ethic of District Managers vary in the company. For instance, my previous district manager was able to visit and supervise the store at least once a week in order to ensure that the employees were able to commit to tasks. On another hand, the current district manager is only able to visit and supervise the store once a month, which limits his knowledge of his employees and the customers that are being served.

Co-workers all have the same goal, which is to meet their sales quota for the day. Even though everyone's goals are individual quotas, we also act as a team since everyone help each other to meet their quotas.

The hardest part of the job is theft issues. Since the store is located in the heart of downtown and the volume of people entering the store per hour could be over 300, it is sometimes quite difficult to ensure that items are not being stolen especially with the most 5 employees working during the busy hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people and knowing that they are satisfied with the merchandise you've helped them decide on. – less
Productive but could be very stressfull
Foundation Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2012
A typical day included the execution of numerous system related tasks for all Divisions within the company.

I became very knowledgeable on their Merchandising system as well as in many other areas.

Manangement was like any typical working environment

My co-workers were too willing to give a lending hand when needed.

When the problems at hand could – more... not be immediately resolved by myself.

Getting the job done and especially at the given time. – less
Professional
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2012
Typical day involved attending to customer inquiries and giving fashion opinion.
Assist customers, answer phones, work register, inventory, shipping, clean ups.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights MiOctober 13, 2014
Pros: half off shoes and accessories, interacting with customers.
Cons: no breaks, minimum wage.
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers in picking out the right shoes and accessories. There would be at least one rushing during each shift, which taught me how to multitask, be productive, and efficient. Answering phones, counting inventory, and shipping pieces out were also typically a daily routine. Management was always on top of – more... the Aldo Inc. duties, which made our work environment an enjoyable one. The best part of this job was getting to interact with customers all day, as well as my co-workers. – less
fun
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
i had great moments work at aldo and the employee discount was great
Aldos
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MASeptember 30, 2014
this job requires a lot of patience, you come across the good n bad in people and you always need to attend to their needs. Environment was fun
Fashion forward company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Sales driven, promotes passion for fashion and continuous changes in management direction
Good work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Good working with clients, clean and great environment. Being in retail I learned a lot about style and how to treat people. A great experience.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Stand in front and sell customers shoes and products they want and need. i learned how to talk to people and convince them to buy shoe products. the hardest part was meeting up to the amount we were supposed to sell. the most enjoyable part of the day was when it would get busy .

1 2 3 4 5