Aldo

Aldo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun working atmosphere
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Erin Mills Town CentreJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work requires me to greet customers and have a conversation with them. In order to best help the customer, i must understand what they are looking for, and inform them of certain trends within the season. Although the job provides each employee with sales goals, the managers do not pressure their employees nor do they make them feel – more... uncomfortable. Each employee works at their own pace, attempting to do their best to meet their sales goals. Each week each employee has a certain amount they should sell, and a certain percentage of shoe care and handbags must also be sold. The hardest part sometimes is to meet the percentage asked for shoe care products or handbags because some customers are only interested in the shoe itself. This is where the company requires us to use our marketing and communication skills to convince our customers of the importance of shoe care products and matching handbags. Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable as the job requires you to be social and create public relations. – less
Aldo
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: exciting
Cons: repetitive job
Clock in and check in with manager. Make sure all inventory is ordered and there is a clean operable facility. Watched over shipments in and out of the store. Fast paced environment and great people.
productive place
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), montreal, Q.CApril 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: to mention and almost push customers to buy shoes product
I learned a lot from this job, it was productive and fun. I become a more responsible person and I stat taking initiative. when a job become interesting it can never be hard because we enjoying doing it. the most enjoyable was the busy days because I'm a very active person so I enjoy multitasking and helping many customers at the same time. I enjoy – more... interacting with people – less
from cleaning to closing the cash
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical day at Aldo is from checking the agenda and the quate of every emplyed until tide the store for cling,
fun workplace with various people
Stuck Person/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
it was fun work as stuck person or sales, because I got to meet lost of different people either my co-workers or customer.
Sales motivation and productive environment
Manager-In-Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: longer mall hours in comparison to other malls, a 10 hour shift would only have a one 30 minute break
As a Manager-In-Training a typical day at work would include coaching every sales associate and key holder with their sales quota, ensuring that there is proper visual presentation on new merchandise, and providing customer service. I am required to not only meet my own sales quota for the day and the week, but also the entire budget of the whole store.

I – more... learned how to handle dissatisfied and distressed customers more calmly and effectively. For instance, customers who are not satisfied with the quality of the merchandise are given different options such as return, exchange, and replace.

The manager that I worked with was very optimistic and motivational with the team. The only downfall is the management higher than that which includes the District Manager. I found that work ethic of District Managers vary in the company. For instance, my previous district manager was able to visit and supervise the store at least once a week in order to ensure that the employees were able to commit to tasks. On another hand, the current district manager is only able to visit and supervise the store once a month, which limits his knowledge of his employees and the customers that are being served.

Co-workers all have the same goal, which is to meet their sales quota for the day. Even though everyone's goals are individual quotas, we also act as a team since everyone help each other to meet their quotas.

The hardest part of the job is theft issues. Since the store is located in the heart of downtown and the volume of people entering the store per hour could be over 300, it is sometimes quite difficult to ensure that items are not being stolen especially with the most 5 employees working during the busy hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people and knowing that they are satisfied with the merchandise you've helped them decide on. – less
Productive but could be very stressfull
Foundation Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2012
A typical day included the execution of numerous system related tasks for all Divisions within the company.

I became very knowledgeable on their Merchandising system as well as in many other areas.

Manangement was like any typical working environment

My co-workers were too willing to give a lending hand when needed.

When the problems at hand could – more... not be immediately resolved by myself.

Getting the job done and especially at the given time. – less
Professional
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2012
Typical day involved attending to customer inquiries and giving fashion opinion.
Fun Product, Low Morale
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: wear merchandise during work hours
Cons: lack of team enviornment
I worked in the Accessories store and loved that you were allowed to wear anything in the store during work hours to promote the look. Trying to get more hours was almost non-existent, but they wanted you to be on call half the time. Making mistakes was more of a catalyst for making one feel bad rather than an opportunity to teach. Floor set changes – more... happened past work schedule (even if you have a final to study for). – less
Fast paced environment
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: short breaks or sometimes no breaks with long shifts.
Working at Aldo has allowed me to gain experience in management. I enjoyed learning new tasks daily. It was a face paced environment which caused me to work under pressure. The music is great and loud which makes it a fun environment to work in.
Can be great with the right store manager!!!
Assistant Manager, Aldo (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 5, 2014
Pros: the company can be great with the right store manger
Cons: little appriciation from store manager, my performance always spoke to with other employees, not ever sure where i stood, and always afraid to get a call on my day off i didi something wrong.
I love working for Aldo, it can be a fun work environment with the right manager in place. During a typical day you analyze your conversion, budget and scheduling for the day. Receive and place shipment and while customer servicing.
AMAZING
Shoe Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: everything
AMAZING. The staff was awesome! the staff was amazing. Everything was pretty easy. The customers were the best part! my coworkers was more than awesome!
Fashion Forward Atmosphere
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount, atmosphere
Cons: return policy, head office opportunities
Everyday being surrounded with runway ready shoes. Fashion forward company who is featured in the elite fashion magazines. I've learned how to visually display my store on how my numbers and customers trend. My team are just as passionate about our product as I am. We are honest and helpful to our customer. Coming up with creative ways to bring in traffic – more... on low trending days. Every aspect of the job I enjoy to the customers who want guidance to the perfect finishing touch to their outfit, my employees who tell me they look forward to work, and just visually encompasses everything I love about the fashion industry. – less
Good learning experience and fun at times
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 7, 2014
Pros: staff discount on shoes
Cons: long hours on feet
getting at the store we have our daily morning updates and meeting, reviewing our daily targets and expectations. iv learned to work with a team and the art of persuation in my time at aldo. Good management leads to much better experience and productivity in a work place. young vibrant co-workers makes the enviroment not only fun but competitive to. – more... the hardest part of the job is remaining productive for long hours of the day and reaching your daily target. the most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with customers and meeting interesting individuals who appreciate your services – less
Fast-paced and Competitive Environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 23, 2014
Encourages a trendy dress code where you are free to express your style. I enjoyed working in my individual store, dealing with the high level of fashion and working with customers. The only fault was the higher management, a lot of unnecessary back and forth and unrealistic expectations. It created a very stressful and depressing work environment.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 17, 2014
ive learned a lot about customer service and sales. I've had the best managers working at Aldo and co workers who took a lot of pride in what they do
Mixture of fun and fashion
sales (Current Employee), indianapolisFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers, management
Cons: location, lack of hours
Helping customers find the product that is right for them. Making sure they leave the store happy with their purchases. Answering phones and helping place online orders
N/A
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 14, 2014
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows – more... and showcases, and on sales floor.
• Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
• Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: experience gain
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work- Wonderful
what you learned- Sales and persuasion
management- I love my managers
your co-workers- I love my co-workers they have been a great help
the hardest part of the job- Selling shoe care
the most enjoyable part of the job- Making sales
fun and educational
Store Manager (Current Employee), Trondheim, NorwayJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: always new experiences, every day.
Cons: it is all based on what kind of day we are having.
My day always starts with checking the numbers from the previous day against the numbers we are to achieve this week. Then I start to plan what we can do better/different today to get to our goals. Do we need to change anything to catch attention from customers outside to drive sales easier, do we have to change our sale tactics?
Then through out the – more... day we keep working as a team, building each other up so that we reach our goals, and keep our motivation up the entire day.

So far I have learned that I can always achieve what I want, for my self and my team, by keeping a positive attitude towards my staff and the customers. Good service is everything when it comes to sale, and customers that receive exceptional good service always come back.
I also learned that you can not be afraid to make decisions, as long as the decisions you make gets the store to develop in a positive direction. Whether it is a matter relating to employees or if I must take up a discussion with the management according to what I think is best for my store. After all, it is I who work on the floor, and I see what works and what does not work for my store. And this is where I have had huge, personal Growth.

The administration that I work with are amazing. We have a good, general communication, and they are great supporters that always are available should there be anything I need from them.
They challenge me in a good way and gives me regular feedback and constructive criticism. They see me as part of their team, but we are all aware that I must perform to my best.

When it comes to my co-workers, I have been very lucky with my pick of team. I show them respect, and I know that everyone of them is doing their best to achieve their goals and perform good customer service when I am not present. I also teach them to rely on themselves and the decisions they make.

The hardest part of the job is to always be one step ahead. Constantly monitor competitors and what they do. Should we do the same as them? Will it work for us?
However, I like challenges, so I ignore what is difficult and I get it done. And if it does not go as planed, I change it. Again and again and again. But the most important thing in all this is; I must never forget that we are not the same, we are our own store, with our own expression and style, and naturally we want to stand out. So I must always find the balance.

The most enjoyable part is to achieve the results we want and that we are working so hard to reach. Nothing is better than that feeling. And also knowing that I can safely go home or on a vacation, and my staff will be there giving me 100% of them self and good service.
It is the greatest feeling. – less

1 2 3 4 5