Aldo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ALDO review
Sales associate and Stock management (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
working at aldo was a great experience I got to meet new people and develop new skills.The management was very welcoming and they were very caring and reasonable with their employees
Lovely Company
-Organized
-Great DM's
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
enjoyed working there , had so much fun with the employee, they treat their employees with much respect ! good benefit========= learned so much and gained so much more experience
Productive and un place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Peninsula, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: The discount
Cons: Slow in January and February
Working at Aldo everyday is fun. I love the people I work with and get along very well with them. I greet customers and cater to them and they're needs. Inbetween customers I'm checking our sales and our goals as well as cleaning, sizing and doing visual merchandising to make sure the store is always looking amazing.
was good!
stock person (Former Employee), begin and poirierJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: got shoes at 50% off
Cons: non
was great working there & environment excellent learned to work very hard & with others kept me in excellent shape was a great experience for me.
Fun cool place
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Free Rides
Cons: None
You got to see new stuff everyday. Also very Fun environment. Great place cause it is very fast pace. Hour go by quick. Great Place to work at.
Loved the high pace work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary AB Chinook mallSeptember 8, 2015
I always had fun on busy days, when the store was busy you could feel the energy to keep you motivated. i Felt like i was always learning something and loved the feeling of always keeping busy.
Disorganized Mess
Software Developer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2015
Not a lot of room for advancements in a company that would rather not invest money in employees and instead prefers consultants
Great culture.
Workforce Management Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Laurent, MontrealJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great Building and people
Cons: schedules
Great place to work, just the balance between working and life isn't the best. Schedules are all over the place.

I have learned quite a bit while working here. Much of it to do with maturity and and building myself to become a more assertive individual.

Hardest part of the job are the schedules. They are never the same and always changing.

The people and the work culture is awesome here.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 22, 2015
Aldo is an excellent place to work if you enjoy staying busy like myself. Management is excellent and very professional, in addition Aldo has a very diverse team of staff.
Fun work envirnoment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
Fast paced work environment with emphasis on customer service. As a member of sales representatives at Sears, I helped customers with picking their desired shoe styles at the right budget.
Good job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal-est, QCFebruary 22, 2015
Great job experience for my first retail job. Many opportunities to get a promotion. Well managed store, with great employees.
Productive, but still.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: long hours, minimum wage pay, distance, no room for improvement.
While I had loved working at Spring, I didn't overly enjoy working at ALDO.
I was a single mom, working full time hours and they didn't help with my salary, with time off, or working the hours I needed to in order to be taking care of my son as well.
It was a very far distance from my home and there was no where to move in the company in order to help with my bills, making sure I was there for my son or to give me more incentive to work there.
However if you like working a fast paced, minimum wage job while being in management- be my guest.
Open minded work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: unable to grow and expand with the company
I am currently employed with Aldo, retail company for over 2 years. I work cooperatively with my management team and employees to ensure efficient operation of store. Some main roles I contribute to are, assisting customers through the selection, fitting and finalization of their purchases. I am also responsible for cash, scheduling, balancing, replenishing shoes in accordance to store policy. We ensure satisfying customer service to all customers and visitors. I enjoy duties regarding my job, unfortunately the downfall is it's hard to grow within a higher position with the company.
Great to meet people, and great deals!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 7, 2014
Typical duties:

• Assisted store managers
• Accountable for training employees
• Synchronized schedules for multiple employees
• Took full responsibility for resolving all customer concerns/complaints
• Ensured store’s monthly targets were met
• Found innovative ways to motivate staff
• Delegated work amongst staff
• Executed visual merchandizing plans.
A great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Know what your store goal is for the day ,so if head office calls you know your goal.
Learned that its always a team work
customers come first
dealing with unhappy customers
Great experience, not so great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off shoes
Cons: district managers, schedules
Don't expect yourself to move up in this company unless your manager likes you. A lot of favouritism, your district manager doesn't care about you if you're a sales associate. Sales associates as treated similar to disposable products.. neglected and not cared for. If you're a part timer almost always expect closing shifts, poor room for advancement and development. You always have to follow a style guide for your outfits each season, you must wear their shoes but they're not free. Closing shifts are the worst, if you're scheduled to close and mall closes at 9 don't expect to get out sooner than 10.
Got lots of management experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
With poor management, came great responsibility on my part. I had to train all the ladies, but they were great.
competative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 14, 2014
Very competitive sale targets but enjoyable work environment overall.
Professional and fun atmosphere with room to grow
Sales Representative/Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: working in the fashion industry
Cons: having to provide high standards of customer service to rude customers
I've been working for the Aldo Group for 14 years and I've grown so much. My ability to provide Excellent Customer Service stems from my many years with this company and the initial training that was provided for me to grow. At work there is never a dull moment. I've always worked at very high volume stores, therefor I'm always helping customers with their needs or dictating duties to staff.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when a customer is truly satisfied with the service I've provided for them and they always let me know that they will be back in for a visit shortly. Working for over a decade with this company, I'd say the hardest part would be employee turnover, however it is the norm for retail.
What I've learned the most over the years, is that although each day I interact with many people from different walks of life, if you treat everyone with respect and honesty, at the end of the day you will build a clientele base, because people always remember superior customer service.