Aldo

Aldo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Got lots of management experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
With poor management, came great responsibility on my part. I had to train all the ladies, but they were great.
competative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 14, 2014
Very competitive sale targets but enjoyable work environment overall.
Professional and fun atmosphere with room to grow
Sales Representative/Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: working in the fashion industry
Cons: having to provide high standards of customer service to rude customers
I've been working for the Aldo Group for 14 years and I've grown so much. My ability to provide Excellent Customer Service stems from my many years with this company and the initial training that was provided for me to grow. At work there is never a dull moment. I've always worked at very high volume stores, therefor I'm always helping customers with – more... their needs or dictating duties to staff.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when a customer is truly satisfied with the service I've provided for them and they always let me know that they will be back in for a visit shortly. Working for over a decade with this company, I'd say the hardest part would be employee turnover, however it is the norm for retail.
What I've learned the most over the years, is that although each day I interact with many people from different walks of life, if you treat everyone with respect and honesty, at the end of the day you will build a clientele base, because people always remember superior customer service. – less
Fun working atmosphere
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Erin Mills Town CentreJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work requires me to greet customers and have a conversation with them. In order to best help the customer, i must understand what they are looking for, and inform them of certain trends within the season. Although the job provides each employee with sales goals, the managers do not pressure their employees nor do they make them feel – more... uncomfortable. Each employee works at their own pace, attempting to do their best to meet their sales goals. Each week each employee has a certain amount they should sell, and a certain percentage of shoe care and handbags must also be sold. The hardest part sometimes is to meet the percentage asked for shoe care products or handbags because some customers are only interested in the shoe itself. This is where the company requires us to use our marketing and communication skills to convince our customers of the importance of shoe care products and matching handbags. Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable as the job requires you to be social and create public relations. – less
Aldo
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: exciting
Cons: repetitive job
Clock in and check in with manager. Make sure all inventory is ordered and there is a clean operable facility. Watched over shipments in and out of the store. Fast paced environment and great people.
productive place
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), montreal, Q.CApril 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: to mention and almost push customers to buy shoes product
I learned a lot from this job, it was productive and fun. I become a more responsible person and I stat taking initiative. when a job become interesting it can never be hard because we enjoying doing it. the most enjoyable was the busy days because I'm a very active person so I enjoy multitasking and helping many customers at the same time. I enjoy – more... interacting with people – less
from cleaning to closing the cash
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical day at Aldo is from checking the agenda and the quate of every emplyed until tide the store for cling,
fun workplace with various people
Stuck Person/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
it was fun work as stuck person or sales, because I got to meet lost of different people either my co-workers or customer.
Sales motivation and productive environment
Manager-In-Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: longer mall hours in comparison to other malls, a 10 hour shift would only have a one 30 minute break
As a Manager-In-Training a typical day at work would include coaching every sales associate and key holder with their sales quota, ensuring that there is proper visual presentation on new merchandise, and providing customer service. I am required to not only meet my own sales quota for the day and the week, but also the entire budget of the whole store.

I – more... learned how to handle dissatisfied and distressed customers more calmly and effectively. For instance, customers who are not satisfied with the quality of the merchandise are given different options such as return, exchange, and replace.

The manager that I worked with was very optimistic and motivational with the team. The only downfall is the management higher than that which includes the District Manager. I found that work ethic of District Managers vary in the company. For instance, my previous district manager was able to visit and supervise the store at least once a week in order to ensure that the employees were able to commit to tasks. On another hand, the current district manager is only able to visit and supervise the store once a month, which limits his knowledge of his employees and the customers that are being served.

Co-workers all have the same goal, which is to meet their sales quota for the day. Even though everyone's goals are individual quotas, we also act as a team since everyone help each other to meet their quotas.

The hardest part of the job is theft issues. Since the store is located in the heart of downtown and the volume of people entering the store per hour could be over 300, it is sometimes quite difficult to ensure that items are not being stolen especially with the most 5 employees working during the busy hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people and knowing that they are satisfied with the merchandise you've helped them decide on. – less
Productive but could be very stressfull
Foundation Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2012
A typical day included the execution of numerous system related tasks for all Divisions within the company.

I became very knowledgeable on their Merchandising system as well as in many other areas.

Manangement was like any typical working environment

My co-workers were too willing to give a lending hand when needed.

When the problems at hand could – more... not be immediately resolved by myself.

Getting the job done and especially at the given time. – less
Professional
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2012
Typical day involved attending to customer inquiries and giving fashion opinion.
part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Madrid, MDJuly 7, 2014
wonderful company but mismanagement of the brand in Spain.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: small store
Fast paced job helping customers
I learned management responsibilities and i took initiative in getting stuff done
Busy only around holiday season
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2014
Not long enough hours and hours were never guaranteed. Wanted something more challenging!
hard work
Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 20, 2014
Cons: long hours, short breaks
big expectations, poor communication, friendly people but too many changes in too short time working for Aldo longer then 6 months feels that you are old employee
Productive and socialable workplace
Sales & Stock Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston upon Thames, ENGJune 13, 2014
A typical day at Aldo is very exciting and I am always looking forward to what it offers next in store. Furthermore, I have learnt many new business related stuff that will come use for my future references. I really enjoy working in the environment that I am in as the work is busy but the co-workers all help each other as a team and get the job done.
A fun day at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 12, 2014
Money making environment, positive people, the most enjoyable part of this job was helping customers with their needs. Also, managing a team of employees.My co-workers were very helpful,and fast learners.
High Fashion Retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2014
Aldo is a leading fashion retailer with a focus on shoes. Additional products sold in stores include accessories, handbags and shoe care products.

This company allows for rapid career advancement in the workplace.
Morally ambiguous and little reward/appreciation
Store Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 27, 2014
The company expectations, while written in a handbook, are very rarely followed nor made clear by upper management. There is a lot of unhealthy competition from other stores in the district who are supposed to be there to help you rather than hurt you. Ethical guidelines are blatantly rejected by both store and upper management alike. As store manager – more... you only get paid for 40 hours a week but mainly work 50-65 hours a week due to unrealistic expectations set forth by upper management. Furthermore, company benefit guidelines are ambiguous and the company does nothing to benefit your best interest. – less
Fast-paced job with Interesting people
sales associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2014
Pros: fast-pace, good pay
Cons: to many employees
Fun, fast paced environment. Friendly co-workers and managers were some-what caring towards others. Hardest part would be trying to satisfy a customer who seems unsatisfiable. The best part of the job was helping customers find what they needed .

1 2 3 4 5