Aldo Employee Reviews

Great store with shoes and accessories
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON. Calgary, AB.19 June 2017
The Aldo group is not a job to have for a long time. It is stressful at times and fun during others. It is a good place to learn retail. Learn and make mistakes because the upper management is very willing to train you.
Fast paced environment that enables me to be social and respectful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2017
A typical day at work revolves around meeting my individual and store quota for sales and enforcing the company's philosophy. I learn to work efficiently daily and improvise based on my customers' wants and needs. The culture is very trendy and requires me to have maximum knowledge on current fashion trends. During rush hours, the challenges remain the same - help every customer with a smile and build strong temporary relationships with them.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Minimum wage
Good team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2017
I go to work and am able to work with people I consider like family. The company was good to work for and provided good benefits. I enjoyed working with shoes and different fashion trends.
Management will become your bestfriend, you won't make much money though.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 May 2017
Manager was amazing when I worked there. She was understanding and never talked down to you. Very lenient with hours as well. I didn't make a lot of money however and was sometimes left alone in the store as the only employee and had to handle the responsibilities of everyone. Not the job for me.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay enough for all that you have to do
This was a great experiance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Working in retail really helped me with my customer service and communication skills. I had the chance to work with individuals that were very experienced with working with different and various types of people. I learned a lot of things about marketing, communication, sales, and how to organize items within a store. I really enjoyed working here due to the store being a jewelry and accessory shop.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Not much growth for me.
Enjoyable and friendly place to work
Head Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC23 May 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me helping the employees sign in, reserve conference rooms, greet suppliers/buyers/guests in the building. Answer phones, complete the taxi voucher payment information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all sorts of different people. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep busy.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria and gym access
Cons
Communication needs to be stronger within the departments
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
Schedule was poorly made. No matter what, I could always count on getting called in at least twice a week when I was not scheduled. Breaks were not established at the beginning of shifts, either.
Pros
fun envionment
Cons
poor scheduling
Great learning experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa11 May 2017
I have so much appreciation for the Aldo Group for allowing me to not only learn the skills necessary to work in retail/customer service, but also put those skills to use and advance in my career life. They believed I was a good fit for a management position and helped me work my way up to it. I started as Sales lead/stock coordinator, then got promoted to assistant manager, and within 4 months, I was promoted to Manager. Being such a small store, I did the stock as well as the management tasks. A typical day for me would start on the sales floor then move to the back to do the stock. The hardest part of the job would most likely be difficult customers. Anywhere you go, there will be difficult and rude people, it's all about finding that balance and not taking it personally. The most enjoyable part would be the team work and watching a customer leave completely satisfied with their experience.
Pros
I love the product
Cons
A lot of running around
environnement convivial et très professionnel
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ON11 May 2017
Les journées étaient productives, en tant que vendeuse, il m'incombait de conseiller la clientèle sur des choix qu'elle effectuait et m'occuper des ventes à la caisse. L'ambiance était toujours conviviale en ce qui concernait les relations entre les différents membres du personnel ainsi qu'avec la manager. Des bonis étaient accordés aux meilleurs vendeurs ce qui était très encourageant et motivant, les conseillers était notés par les clients de façon à ce que le service à la clientèle soit évalué. j'ai appris au cours de mon parcours que le client est roi, que la disponibilité et l'ambiance dans un magasin permet de fidéliser la clientèle.
Pros
bonis pour vente mensuelle
productive and fun work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
Amazing management
communication skills, multitasking
very fashionable and trendy
helping customers find the perfect jewelry
product knowledge is very important in this company
Pros
team work
Cons
low pay
Extremely satisfying job with room for improvement and advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at ALDO for the short period of time that I was there. You get to communicate with people as is the retail life, but it really pushes customer service and forces you to step out of your comfort zone and really talk to customers and build a rapport so you can efficiently sell products. Being a part of the right team really helps. I had some really great coworkers and management staff that motivated me and made the work environment that much better. Would definitely recommend ALDO to people looking for job that really rewards hard work and teaches you a lot.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
Sometimes you can't make sales and it looks bad, but that really just has to do with the day and season and the people that come into the store.
High stress workplace with high expectation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Fun and fast environment with overall great store level staff. Ridiculously high expectations resulting in very stressed staff. Motivation tactics used were very "scare tactic" rather than positive feedback. Horrible work/life balance with little consideration for personal time. Many employees carry work stress home each day and are not able to relax. Good place for people who have an extremely high stress tolerance and competitiveness. Uses motivation of Advancement but takes a long time to advance for promotions which don't hold much for pay increase. overall job culture often described as manipulative and intense.
Environnement de travail calme et silencieux
S'occuppe des commandes en ligne (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2017
Mon travail a un atmosphère calme et paisible. J'aime beaucoup ce travail
Amazing Organizational Culture
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 April 2017
My overall experience has been extremely pleasant. I love working with the entire staff and the environment is always upbeat. Management is the biggest pro for me; both of my managers are extremely flexible and help me to reach my sales goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, wonderful staff
great company values
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
Dynamic work environment , fun, multicultural with great values .
flexible with employees, people are friendly . bilingual environment ( French and English ) .
great learning experience, nice caf and great gym and trainer
Environnement sain
Préparateur des commandes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2017
Le manager est super bien avec les employés. On se sent vraiment chez soi au travail avec un espace de travail où on respire un air sain malgré que l'on soit dans une entreprise.
Good to gain experience for beginners
Store Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
I am thankful to work with great managers and staff, but upper management was very unprofessional and not mention very hostile environment to work at.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
salary, upper management very unprofessional, very hostile place to work at.
Collègues amical
Emploi étudiant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
Les gens avec qui je travailles sont amicaux. Il y a comme une genre de famille entre les employés.
Pros
bon salaire dès le début.
Cons
Début du travaille tôt
Fun Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 April 2017
Cleaned up working environment
Unloaded and exported stock
Re-organized stock area
Stocked incoming stock
Helped out on the sales floor when needed
Watched out for shop-lifters
No work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2017
I recommend working for ALDO if you are a student looking for a fun atmosphere to work, - I do not advise you to work with this company if you plan to "climb" up the corporate ladder. I worked as an Assistant manager for 2 years, and had a horrible direct manager, and district manager, I then re-located and was promoted after a few months to Manager for 1.5yrs - was then shown a life I knew I did not want to work!! no work-life balance, or sympathy for "real life events" from Head office -I watched 3 really good managers and 2 district managers be let go over no reason other than greed and personal beef. This company is only in it for the money and will cut corners wherever possible. But if you want to "look cool, listen to awesome music, and buy shoes" have atter!! LOVE RESPECT AND INTEGRITY LOL.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval