Aldo Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome Work Place Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 9, 2016
Excellent management
Co- workers work hard
Enjoy the daily tasks on a day to day basis
awesome workplace
awesome training there
trendy, fashionable and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Aldo consists of stocking, shelving, organizing and cleaning the front of the store an the back. While mainting a clean environment, it is also mandatory to keep the customers walking out happy. This is simply done by checking on what they need, asking if they like the size, the shoe and over all if they have any questions. Obviously, the perfect shoe and size is not always available (out-of-stock) this would require me to find something similar, which was often difficult at times given that there aren't many similar style. However, it was not extremely hard given that I can spend hours helping someone finding the perfect match.
Engaging, but little benefits
Sales Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 8, 2016
Working at Aldo as part-time employee has been a great time for me. That being said, Aldo has helped me improve my skills as a sales associate, learning how to convince customers to purchase value added items on top of their purchases.
Pros
Great staff, flexible hours as a part time employee
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging and fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
ALDO is a challenging, fast paced, customer service oriented workplace. Team work is essential to the store's success. Co-workers make work fun. Management is helpful when the associate or team needs guidance.
Training should be a lot better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Worked at aldo for a month and a half. The training there was not great. They didn't go over any safety precautions at all. Didn't even know where the first aid kit was. More than 15 people in the store at some points and had maybe 2 to 3 people on the floor depending on who was working. The manager was not great at teaching when i'd ask her questions she'd be on her phone not paying attention to what I was saying. Delt with the transfers being first priority to customers in the store which is not right. The commission was good. They never went over the deals that you could get if you were great at the job.
Pros
50% off
Cons
bad communication
Fun to work at
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2016
At this position you learn a lot about people. Specifically, their decision making, behavioural patterns and outcomes. More importantly, the position teaches you invaluable life lessons that not a lot of other places teach you. It teaches you to be patient not only with the people you attend to but also with the people you work with. You learn amazing people skills, how to communicate and be articulate. And finally, how to work under adverse conditions.
Retail Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 18, 2016
Insure cleanliness and presentability of store and displays, hire and train staff. Work as team to ultimately achieve sales quotas. Balance cash credit cards and debit submit info to HO.
Full-Time job employment constantly moving around and on our my feet.
Back room stock and sales employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 3, 2016
A full time job employment with Aldo Shoes as a stock personnel. Constantly on your feet and must be physically fit as your climbing up and down ladders and crouching. Moving around 50LB boxes and returning shoes back on shelves from customers that took a look from them. Detail orientated due to organization in the stock room and Aldo's products. Daily house cleaning such as sweeping,mopping, and disposal of trash at the end of each shift.
Fun !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensborough, BCFebruary 18, 2016
Been working at ALDO for a total of 3 months, during the busiest month and slowest month. When it's busy there is a lot of competition over sales, however; my coworkers usually help me meet my sales goal as soon as they have reached theirs. Finding the shoes is somewhat hard to do only because stock boys have to move them around, new way of sorting the shoes or people just don't put them back in place. The work environment is very fun and chill, most of the time if it isn't busy we don't do a lot of hard labour, just sweeping and organizing shoes while we talk. The managers are very understanding and it's very easy to switch shifts with coworkers.
Pros
50% off, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
Discount only applicable using original price, playlist
Aldo offers a fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Every shift I am given a certain goal according to my capabilities. Usually I am given more than $1000 goal. I have learned that I must be able to create a trustworthy experience with the customers to obtain their loyalty. With this, I will be able to sell the products and expect the customers to come back with the same expectations. My coworkers are definitely the reason I look forward to working, they are nice and fun to work with.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Lead / Key-holder (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
If you are up for fashion, shoes, and accessories then aldo is the place to work.. you need to meet daily targets so make sure you know your shoe care and how to upsell
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2016
great experience. I enjoyed the time being there and I larned alot in terms of skills and customer service. my co workers were amazing and nice.
Hard sell culture, did not enjoy
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 3, 2016
Sales quotas but no commission to incite salesmen. Hard sell mentality encouraged. Hardest part was pushing add-ons like sprays and insoles. Co workers were nice, and friendly.
sales lead/ assisstant manager
Sales Lead/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
trained sales staff on persuasive selling techniques, maintaining visual presentation of merchandise ensuring always updated on current seasonal changes, assissting sales associates in making quotas, assissting manager with daily paperwork, scheduling and other tasks, inventory,mark-downs etc.
ALDO review
Sales associate and Stock management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
working at aldo was a great experience I got to meet new people and develop new skills.The management was very welcoming and they were very caring and reasonable with their employees
Lovely Company
-Organized
-Great DM's
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
enjoyed working there , had so much fun with the employee, they treat their employees with much respect ! good benefit========= learned so much and gained so much more experience
A work environment that is unique to its employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 23, 2016
If you want to work in a fast past environment, if you want a fashion forward company to help you from in a career path, then this is it. After spending 4 years in the Aldo Group, ive realized that this company is truly like none others.