Aldo Employee Reviews in Canada

Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
Energetic, fun and a great experience but forget about a fair salary.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCSeptember 30, 2015
Aldo was an extremely enlightening and fun place to work at with a million things going on. They thrived in anything ALDO culture and it really motivated me and a lot of other employees to work hard to earn our place. The salaries are borderline unfair but I guess the saying goes 'everyone starts somewhere' in my experience but to others in different departments... they beg to differ. I miss my co-workers because there are not enough good people that work here but management needs a little bit of work and structure.
Pros
Exciting Culture, 50% Discount, Decent Benefits
Cons
Disappointing Salary, Unstructured
Fun work environment, treats Employees great!!
Sales Associate, cashier, stock, (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 8, 2015
I loved working for Aldo. My manager worked around my schedules although I was working 4 other jobs at the time. The benefits were great. We were a small team of 4 or 5 so we were really close, I loved the girls I worked with! Aldo has great incentives for their employees and treat them very well.
Pros
co-workers, incentives
Cons
stock
Help Desk Tech Level 1
Help Desk Tech Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2015
Working for ALDO Group
was a good experience over all

I helped me become a more mature and responsible person ,
and my co-workers always helped me when i needed help

I guess the hardest part of my job
was the rotation shifts, sometimes working very early
and sometimes working very late

but I really liked talking and helping people
with different kind of problems
Pros
good benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
rotation schedule sometimes working during holidays
The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTOMay 29, 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
trendy, fashionable and outgoing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Aldo consists of stocking, shelving, organizing and cleaning the front of the store an the back. While mainting a clean environment, it is also mandatory to keep the customers walking out happy. This is simply done by checking on what they need, asking if they like the size, the shoe and over all if they have any questions. Obviously, the perfect shoe and size is not always available (out-of-stock) this would require me to find something similar, which was often difficult at times given that there aren't many similar style. However, it was not extremely hard given that I can spend hours helping someone finding the perfect match.
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Fun first management job with a great little staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 29, 2016
At Aldo our main focus would always be on the customers. This job taught me so much about the inner workings and day to day duties required to keep a retail environment in tiptop shape. My manager was the sweetest person I have ever met so understanding and phenomenal at her job. The other girls on our team were a pleasure to coach and learn from as well. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo group for me was helping customers put a complete outfit together! Something about that I just found so satisfying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great staff
Training should be a lot better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Worked at aldo for a month and a half. The training there was not great. They didn't go over any safety precautions at all. Didn't even know where the first aid kit was. More than 15 people in the store at some points and had maybe 2 to 3 people on the floor depending on who was working. The manager was not great at teaching when i'd ask her questions she'd be on her phone not paying attention to what I was saying. Delt with the transfers being first priority to customers in the store which is not right. The commission was good. They never went over the deals that you could get if you were great at the job.
Pros
50% off
Cons
bad communication
Fun !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensborough, BCFebruary 18, 2016
Been working at ALDO for a total of 3 months, during the busiest month and slowest month. When it's busy there is a lot of competition over sales, however; my coworkers usually help me meet my sales goal as soon as they have reached theirs. Finding the shoes is somewhat hard to do only because stock boys have to move them around, new way of sorting the shoes or people just don't put them back in place. The work environment is very fun and chill, most of the time if it isn't busy we don't do a lot of hard labour, just sweeping and organizing shoes while we talk. The managers are very understanding and it's very easy to switch shifts with coworkers.
Pros
50% off, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
Discount only applicable using original price, playlist
Multi-cultural and modern environment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work is busy. I learned how to multi-task, prioritize job and deal with different types of people, internally and externally. The management is good. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer picnic and holiday family celebration.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work overload
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 27, 2016
Working at ALDO helped me gain a lot of customer service experience. I would be seeing and helping customers on a day to day basis and loved sending customers home with a smile on their face. I got along with all co workers and loved working as a part of a team there but also enjoyed how I had the option to work independently and get tasks done on my own.
Fun to work at
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2016
At this position you learn a lot about people. Specifically, their decision making, behavioural patterns and outcomes. More importantly, the position teaches you invaluable life lessons that not a lot of other places teach you. It teaches you to be patient not only with the people you attend to but also with the people you work with. You learn amazing people skills, how to communicate and be articulate. And finally, how to work under adverse conditions.
Full-Time job employment constantly moving around and on our my feet.
Back room stock and sales employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 3, 2016
A full time job employment with Aldo Shoes as a stock personnel. Constantly on your feet and must be physically fit as your climbing up and down ladders and crouching. Moving around 50LB boxes and returning shoes back on shelves from customers that took a look from them. Detail orientated due to organization in the stock room and Aldo's products. Daily house cleaning such as sweeping,mopping, and disposal of trash at the end of each shift.
Challenging and fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
ALDO is a challenging, fast paced, customer service oriented workplace. Team work is essential to the store's success. Co-workers make work fun. Management is helpful when the associate or team needs guidance.
Productive, but still.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
While I had loved working at Spring, I didn't overly enjoy working at ALDO.
I was a single mom, working full time hours and they didn't help with my salary, with time off, or working the hours I needed to in order to be taking care of my son as well.
It was a very far distance from my home and there was no where to move in the company in order to help with my bills, making sure I was there for my son or to give me more incentive to work there.
However if you like working a fast paced, minimum wage job while being in management- be my guest.
Cons
long hours, minimum wage pay, distance, no room for improvement.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJune 30, 2015
work is always mall hours so anytime between 9am to9:30 pm. work can be hard if you are working in the back room. Management are good and fun to work with.Salary is low but you get commission so if you do work in a small and slow mall you don't make much
Boring, terrible
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 28, 2016
awful. didnt like it at all. suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
Cons
staff
ALDO
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONOctober 21, 2015
A day at ALDO can be very unpredictable in terms of sales. Holidays are always very busy and will keep you working non stop.

I've learned how to work as a team, create goals for myself and of course learn from various scenarios dealing with customer service

management is excellent. They constantly keep up with their staff, giving constructive feedback and pushing us to be the best of our abilities.

In my experience Co-workers consist mainly of university students with very few high school. Very mature demographic.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer service and being able to stay organized while juggling various tasks (also anything to do with boxing day).

most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and the ability to develop my sense of fashion.
Pros
Amazing sales team.
Cons
Minimum Wage.