Aldo Employee Reviews

The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTO29 May 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
A fun and productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and fulfilling their needs of getting a shoe that fitted to their idea for; wedding, graduation, special event and etc. Seeing customers leave happy and relieved.

Management team is great and treat the store as if it was their own. Very understanding and setting up team requirement goals that are needed to finish by the end of the day.

My learning experience in this field was that just because it was a shoe store, doesn't mean it wasn't something you could of learned from. Just by the kind of people working there and the environment you can actually learn a lot. This was my second job ever that I enjoyed working at and realized that its not a difficult job to be in. You just have to have great sense of customer service skills, which i gained by working here.
Pros
Discounts
A place that is dynamic and exciting.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON, Guelph, ON, Brantford, ON.14 November 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers, putting away stock, and cleaning the store.
This job taught me the people skills I need to carry myself confidently in the work place, and in social situations.
Management can vary frequently, and each location operates differently.
Like management, employees in many retail jobs tend to turn over frequently.
The hardest part of the job can sometimes be fitting in all of the things that need to get done behind the scenes during busy times.
The most enjoyable part for me, aside from meeting new people every shift, has been the visual and creative aspect of the job.
Pros
Room for creativity and growths within the company.
Cons
Low pay, and not a lot of hours during slow times.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 May 2016
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment. The salary is great if you are a full-time.
super catty and not worth the pay
Assistant district manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
I was in charge of helping oversee a district. I was treated poorly, and got paid next to nothing to be working easily over 60 hours a week. I was asked to skip a funeral, and was told I would be fired if I went.
Cons
Upper Management. Long unpaid hours.
Fun paced environment.
Key Holder and Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2016
Working at Aldo was a good experience in providing client services. I learned how to deal with customers and how to manage other employees. It helped me learn how to work with other people and that we all work in our own unique way. The hardest part of the job would be trying to help customers find what they needed when we didn't necessarily have the product. We did out best to provide the best services to our clients and find what they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with employees who are you can rely on. The team was always very close and always had a good time. I enjoy working with people I can become friends with because it makes the job that much easier. I became more open and confident with providing services working with people that I can trust because I was not afraid to ask questions or ask someone for help. Aldo has given me the experience to expand my customer service skills.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Shift work.
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
Energetic, fun and a great experience but forget about a fair salary.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC30 September 2015
Aldo was an extremely enlightening and fun place to work at with a million things going on. They thrived in anything ALDO culture and it really motivated me and a lot of other employees to work hard to earn our place. The salaries are borderline unfair but I guess the saying goes 'everyone starts somewhere' in my experience but to others in different departments... they beg to differ. I miss my co-workers because there are not enough good people that work here but management needs a little bit of work and structure.
Pros
Exciting Culture, 50% Discount, Decent Benefits
Cons
Disappointing Salary, Unstructured
Fan work place with focused supervisor
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2016
Excellent great environment with motivating crew
,I enjoy busy days because i learn alot
, all my co workers are in the good mood or will put you in a good mood when you having a bad day
Pros
free tea and lunch every weekend
Cons
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
interesting and new experiences i'll never forget.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
i loved working at Aldo. it taught me how to be fast paced and how to put cute outfits together. i enjoyed working at Aldo because of all the different personalities that were put in one room and all of the cool styles everyone had. we could all be wearing the same shoe but it would look totally different because of how everyone put it together. not being able to personally dress the customers would of probably been the hardest part of working there.
great company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
great company to start and grow in with a lot of potential to exel in. great customer service experience. have potential to get into head office. great company culture, values and treat employees well.
Boring, terrible
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 June 2016
awful. didnt like it at all. suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
Cons
staff
it was a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 September 2016
they people i worked with there was really funny and nice, but has to be worked under pressure, cuz its a fast paced environment. but it would've been great if they cut me some slack on the work hours as a part-time worker. but anything else than that, working at Aldo was fun! :)
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
only gave me 15 mins to eat my lunch & only 2 breaks allowed
fast pace
Store Manager and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
this company was exciting. Put was very hard keep up to their expectations. As a manager you didn't have much of a life besides the store. Was to much for me and the pay was not great
Pros
dicount
Cons
long hours and comitment
Awesome Work Place Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2016
Excellent management
Co- workers work hard
Enjoy the daily tasks on a day to day basis
awesome workplace
awesome training there
Multi-cultural and modern environment.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 June 2016
Typical day at work is busy. I learned how to multi-task, prioritize job and deal with different types of people, internally and externally. The management is good. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is too much workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer picnic and holiday family celebration.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work overload
Fun first management job with a great little staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 May 2016
At Aldo our main focus would always be on the customers. This job taught me so much about the inner workings and day to day duties required to keep a retail environment in tiptop shape. My manager was the sweetest person I have ever met so understanding and phenomenal at her job. The other girls on our team were a pleasure to coach and learn from as well. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo group for me was helping customers put a complete outfit together! Something about that I just found so satisfying.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great staff
Aldo
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer1 November 2016
Working for aldo is a great job to start your skills and knowledge.
Majority of the girls I worked with were younger, the hardest part of my job was being to balance the required late hours and my family life.
I learned how to be adaptable and a lot about inventory and shipping products to and from stores.