Aldo Employee Reviews

Pleasant working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Flexibility in working hours especially to young parents. Pleasant working environment with accessibility to sports and gym. Benefits with a group insurance is provided.
Possibility of upgrading your skills is offered as well as autonomy and self management which I find the most enjoyable.
The managerial supportive spirit and the openings for advancements are really poor and so as the salaries lower than the average in Quebec.
Pros
Fridays during summer months are half-day
Cons
Advancement and competitive salary
Distributor
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2016
Hard to advance despite hard work, work a lot of overtime, very much a private club. Training is very minimum, have to figure a lot of things for yourselves. High pressure environment.
Pros
cafeteria, perks, office looks great
Cons
long hours, no development, salary
The work enviroment was friendly
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN TORONTO29 May 2016
My typical day at work was a 10-19pm shift.
I normally start my day by opening the store and making the agenda. After that I set the goal for my par-timers.
I coach my part-timers in by telling them what the budgets for the da is and what is expected of us all as a team.
The hardest part of my job is the salary which is not all that great.
The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the satisfaction I get from helping customers and trying to make them have a wonderful experience,also having a good team to work with because team work is the most important tool in the sales world
Pros
GOOD SCHEDULING
Cons
UNPAID LUNCHES
A fun and productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and fulfilling their needs of getting a shoe that fitted to their idea for; wedding, graduation, special event and etc. Seeing customers leave happy and relieved.

Management team is great and treat the store as if it was their own. Very understanding and setting up team requirement goals that are needed to finish by the end of the day.

My learning experience in this field was that just because it was a shoe store, doesn't mean it wasn't something you could of learned from. Just by the kind of people working there and the environment you can actually learn a lot. This was my second job ever that I enjoyed working at and realized that its not a difficult job to be in. You just have to have great sense of customer service skills, which i gained by working here.
Pros
Discounts
A place that is dynamic and exciting.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON, Guelph, ON, Brantford, ON.14 November 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers, putting away stock, and cleaning the store.
This job taught me the people skills I need to carry myself confidently in the work place, and in social situations.
Management can vary frequently, and each location operates differently.
Like management, employees in many retail jobs tend to turn over frequently.
The hardest part of the job can sometimes be fitting in all of the things that need to get done behind the scenes during busy times.
The most enjoyable part for me, aside from meeting new people every shift, has been the visual and creative aspect of the job.
Pros
Room for creativity and growths within the company.
Cons
Low pay, and not a lot of hours during slow times.
no breaks when busy
Sales Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2016
The management is not organized. Hours not given to all. Too many employees not enough shifts distributed fairly. Managers terrible at setting schedules.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
Inspiring and fun workplace with great benefits
Full-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
Working with ALDO was fun. It was a great learning experience and being a part of the leadership team has taught me many lessons about being a part of society and dealing with people on an every day basis. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate, the most enjoyable part was working towards a sales goal and keeping everyone motivated and energetic.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay, Fun environment, Commission Sales
Cons
Long Hours, Not much opportunity to move up, High turnover rate
Productive, fast paced workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
Started out as a part timer then full timer, grew with the company got promoted as key holder. Got relocated from Shoe Store to Accessories Store. Then got promoted as an assistant manager then relocated to another location.

Learned so much since I joined this company, learned a lot from each different managers. Learned how to be well organized, how to communicate with co-workers, how to keep my sales consistent, how to keep up with what I was doing, etc.

The hardest part of this job is to learn how to deal with customers who complains at the same time to keep my mind calm and stable then offer customer proper result. To be enthusiastic every day at work, since you will run into lots of different customers with different personalities. You have to act fast!
super catty and not worth the pay
Assistant district manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
I was in charge of helping oversee a district. I was treated poorly, and got paid next to nothing to be working easily over 60 hours a week. I was asked to skip a funeral, and was told I would be fired if I went.
Cons
Upper Management. Long unpaid hours.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The environment working for Aldo company is easy and fun. You get to experience working and getting to know the people you work with and the customers that come in the store. Overall, I've learned the ways how retail functions and offering proper customer service. I'd say the hardest part of the job is when you are dealing with hard-headed customers and you are getting placed on the spot not knowing how to handle the situation. But, the best thing is getting to work with your coworkers that you later consider your family, and also meeting people everyday and helping them with whatever they are looking for and leaving the store satisfied.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long standing hours, wages, hours
Fun paced environment.
Key Holder and Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2016
Working at Aldo was a good experience in providing client services. I learned how to deal with customers and how to manage other employees. It helped me learn how to work with other people and that we all work in our own unique way. The hardest part of the job would be trying to help customers find what they needed when we didn't necessarily have the product. We did out best to provide the best services to our clients and find what they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with employees who are you can rely on. The team was always very close and always had a good time. I enjoy working with people I can become friends with because it makes the job that much easier. I became more open and confident with providing services working with people that I can trust because I was not afraid to ask questions or ask someone for help. Aldo has given me the experience to expand my customer service skills.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Shift work.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 May 2016
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment. The salary is great if you are a full-time.
Fan work place with focused supervisor
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2016
Excellent great environment with motivating crew
,I enjoy busy days because i learn alot
, all my co workers are in the good mood or will put you in a good mood when you having a bad day
Pros
free tea and lunch every weekend
Cons
fun fast paced work place
Stock & Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2017
very fast paced and sales oriented, with friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Management were very friendly and helpful, and it was easy to get along with coworkers. Often stressful, but rewarding, a typical day included organizing back room, getting show sizes, and sales floor work.
Energetic, fun and a great experience but forget about a fair salary.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC30 September 2015
Aldo was an extremely enlightening and fun place to work at with a million things going on. They thrived in anything ALDO culture and it really motivated me and a lot of other employees to work hard to earn our place. The salaries are borderline unfair but I guess the saying goes 'everyone starts somewhere' in my experience but to others in different departments... they beg to differ. I miss my co-workers because there are not enough good people that work here but management needs a little bit of work and structure.
Pros
Exciting Culture, 50% Discount, Decent Benefits
Cons
Disappointing Salary, Unstructured
interesting and new experiences i'll never forget.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
i loved working at Aldo. it taught me how to be fast paced and how to put cute outfits together. i enjoyed working at Aldo because of all the different personalities that were put in one room and all of the cool styles everyone had. we could all be wearing the same shoe but it would look totally different because of how everyone put it together. not being able to personally dress the customers would of probably been the hardest part of working there.
Fun and productive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2016
I was very lucky to work at Aldo Inc.
I had a great manager at the time from whom I learn a lot about costumer service and retail. It was a very competitive ambiance, however coworkers treated each other as family and friends. It was really fun experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low salary and no commission
A fun environment, but workers are underpaid and undervalued
Technical Support and Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Productivity is important
Customer Service/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
Productivity is highly important and budgets must be me on a daily basis. Fun culture. daily tasks constricts on cleaning and selling.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
great company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
great company to start and grow in with a lot of potential to exel in. great customer service experience. have potential to get into head office. great company culture, values and treat employees well.