Aldo Employee Reviews

Inefficient Company Process
manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2017
Expect to spend days on end working backwards using very inefficient tools to complete day-to-day tasks.

Expect high levels of overtime, unpaid.

Expect very little communication and alignment across departments.

Expect frequent changes and often times reworking projects 2-3 sometimes 4 times over due to indecisions by trickling from the top down.
Pros
great building, parking available, great convenience services offered (car wash, dry cleaning, etc.)
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor communication, poor structure, inefficient working conditions
Enjoyable warehouse work
Journalière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC13 October 2017
On arrival there is security checks
There's a big cafeteria
Productive safe environment
Review orders
Packaging
Shipping
I was paid 12$ an hour because I was hired by an agency
Pros
semi-Indoor clean smoking area for breaks
Cons
They only hired me for few days as helper
Stupid place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2017
A typical day:
you come in, take calls, go on breaks, chat with coworkers in between calls, you go for lunch
What I learned:
customers are annoying
Management:
management is understaffed, supervisors never want to take calls (never), they will get frustrated with agents when customers make it clear they want to speak to supervisors
Workplace culture:
it's okay, most hire ups are super friendly
Hardest part of the job:
dealing with customers and the location itself
Enjoyable part of the job:
making new friends

Got fired for no reason and without a warning, supervisors are bitter for no reason, there's a lot of favouritism
Pros
Free food all the time
Cons
racist, stupid team managers
Retail
Sales Associate/Customer Service Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Like most other retail positions. You talk with customers, get them sizes, give opinions on what looks good.
The managers were nice from what I remember. Answered any questions you may have, gave tips and tricks for selling products.
Hardest part is being on your feet all day or if you're not a people person all the time.
Most enjoyable part was the associates I worked with.
growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 October 2017
I was doing quite well at Aldo and had constantly been promised a promotion into a management position that never actually came. I feel as though they lie to their employees to get the job done quicker, rather than more efficiently.
No work-life balance, horrible training towards staff members
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 October 2017
There is a lot of pressure and no work like balance what so ever. You do not get any appreciation for the extra work you put in, and the staff is poorly treated.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
well structured processes promoting advancement
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
A fast paced environment with constant interaction with people.

- learned the importance of engaging all staff and creating a learning environment

- management also nurtured a learning environment

- work culture was fresh and exciting

- the most enjoyable part of the job was watching teams you have coached being promoted and advancing

- the hardest part of the job was the cycle of starting from scratch with new teams
Pros
interactions with people
Cons
long days
Work place totally desireable
Sales and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC18 September 2017
The work enviornment in my view is number 1.
People are friendly and all FT employees get benefits.
Pros
Beautiful working enviornment
Cons
Customer Service hours ran too late or too early.
Bonne Ambiance
Associé du stock (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2017
Un bon travaille d'équipe et une bonne expérience globalement.
Retail
Key Holder / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Not impressed with how employees were treated and the overall training was very poor with high turn around and disgruntled employees. Felt the environment needed more guidance and support with a more mature management team.

Want to know more about Aldo?

Ask a question
what they did to me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
I worked there for three months he made me come to work to fire me before right before Christmas saying "I didn't fit the part" with no ROE so I could get unemployement
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
fired
Fun and trendy company that strives to have the best customer service.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2017
Aldo is a customer service driven company. What I love most about the job is engaging with so many different personalities. I love making a connection with people and seeing them leave the store satisfied.
The fast-paced environment ensures that you will never have a dull moment.
Sales based. With no commission
Cashier / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2017
If you did not make your goals you are let go 2 weeks after. There is no recognition for making these goals mainly focused what you did not reach. Hours are cut if not making what they want you to. Oveerall, I love helping customers , but its sales driven so you are not aloud to focus on one customer for a long period of time , I love the fast pace however.
great atmosphere to work in
Stock worker/Runner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
I learned how to be a runner for shoes the people I worked with were super nice and very helpful. The management was very good at the time I worked there i got to see all the different thing that went on i a shoe store which was neat to learn and see.
Pros
great coworkers
nice place to get a lot of experience
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
organize the back and receive products and put them in front, help the sales associates when store gets busy, do the shipments and make my daily goal of selling
Fun workplace that appreciates good work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2017
I was lucky to have an amazing manager and a fabulous district manager. I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Aldo. The company runs like a very well oiled machine. Staff are always friendly no matter the location. You can sometimes find the odd snobby sales associate only because Aldo's fashion influence can attract some vain employees. Otherwise, staff are trendy, fun, light, and full of beautiful different personalities -which the company totally promotes. There is a quick turnover rate because a lot of the employees tend to be younger which means advancement is very very attainable. Hours are reasonable, pay is reasonable. Overall a great place to work
Pros
perfectly managed
There are better retail companies to work for...
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2017
Middle management- Store managers and DMs do their best to make it a decent working experience, but they can only do so much. It's really obvious that upper management is not interested in the development of their associates. In the time that i worked there, i met few people who like the job.
Fun and energy filled place to work, looking to however broaden my horizon.
3rd key holder (Current Employee) –  crossiron Mills Calgary27 July 2017
A typical day at work would include presenting the store in an organized, customer friendly setting. Greeting the customer and attending to their needs effectively. in regards to management, an overall observation of employees and store operations and maintenance was involved in the job. Organizing shift changes, order and shipment packages, sales and overall constant progressive flow of the stores operation was also apart of the tasks which i was responsible for.
Pros
Flexible Shift hours based of traffic, weather or operations
Cons
Location - Limited options of arriving to work in a punctual manner
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
Enjoyed my time at Aldo. I had a very kind and supportive DSM during my time who invested in my growth and training.
Amazing product, great store discount throughout banner and great contest incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Great discount, sales contest, paid travel
Cons
Required to purchase lot, shoe care objectives
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 July 2017
This was a very nice place to work the manager was very outgoing and was there when you needed help with something.. This was my first job and I learned how to work the register, assist people with their needs and much more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.