Aldo

Aldo Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, but still.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: long hours, minimum wage pay, distance, no room for improvement.
While I had loved working at Spring, I didn't overly enjoy working at ALDO.
I was a single mom, working full time hours and they didn't help with my salary, with time off, or working the hours I needed to in order to be taking care of my son as well.
It was a very far distance from my home and there was no where to move in the company in order to help with my bills, making sure I was there for my son or to give me more incentive to work there.
However if you like working a fast paced, minimum wage job while being in management- be my guest.
Open minded work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: unable to grow and expand with the company
I am currently employed with Aldo, retail company for over 2 years. I work cooperatively with my management team and employees to ensure efficient operation of store. Some main roles I contribute to are, assisting customers through the selection, fitting and finalization of their purchases. I am also responsible for cash, scheduling, balancing, replenishing shoes in accordance to store policy. We ensure satisfying customer service to all customers and visitors. I enjoy duties regarding my job, unfortunately the downfall is it's hard to grow within a higher position with the company.
Great to meet people, and great deals!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 7, 2014
Typical duties:

• Assisted store managers
• Accountable for training employees
• Synchronized schedules for multiple employees
• Took full responsibility for resolving all customer concerns/complaints
• Ensured store’s monthly targets were met
• Found innovative ways to motivate staff
• Delegated work amongst staff
• Executed visual merchandizing plans.
A great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Know what your store goal is for the day ,so if head office calls you know your goal.
Learned that its always a team work
customers come first
dealing with unhappy customers
Great experience, not so great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off shoes
Cons: district managers, schedules
Don't expect yourself to move up in this company unless your manager likes you. A lot of favouritism, your district manager doesn't care about you if you're a sales associate. Sales associates as treated similar to disposable products.. neglected and not cared for. If you're a part timer almost always expect closing shifts, poor room for advancement and development. You always have to follow a style guide for your outfits each season, you must wear their shoes but they're not free. Closing shifts are the worst, if you're scheduled to close and mall closes at 9 don't expect to get out sooner than 10.
Got lots of management experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
With poor management, came great responsibility on my part. I had to train all the ladies, but they were great.
competative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), EtobicokeMay 14, 2014
Very competitive sale targets but enjoyable work environment overall.
Professional and fun atmosphere with room to grow
Sales Representative/Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: working in the fashion industry
Cons: having to provide high standards of customer service to rude customers
I've been working for the Aldo Group for 14 years and I've grown so much. My ability to provide Excellent Customer Service stems from my many years with this company and the initial training that was provided for me to grow. At work there is never a dull moment. I've always worked at very high volume stores, therefor I'm always helping customers with their needs or dictating duties to staff.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when a customer is truly satisfied with the service I've provided for them and they always let me know that they will be back in for a visit shortly. Working for over a decade with this company, I'd say the hardest part would be employee turnover, however it is the norm for retail.
What I've learned the most over the years, is that although each day I interact with many people from different walks of life, if you treat everyone with respect and honesty, at the end of the day you will build a clientele base, because people always remember superior customer service.
Fun working atmosphere
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Erin Mills Town CentreJune 21, 2013
A typical day at work requires me to greet customers and have a conversation with them. In order to best help the customer, i must understand what they are looking for, and inform them of certain trends within the season. Although the job provides each employee with sales goals, the managers do not pressure their employees nor do they make them feel uncomfortable. Each employee works at their own pace, attempting to do their best to meet their sales goals. Each week each employee has a certain amount they should sell, and a certain percentage of shoe care and handbags must also be sold. The hardest part sometimes is to meet the percentage asked for shoe care products or handbags because some customers are only interested in the shoe itself. This is where the company requires us to use our marketing and communication skills to convince our customers of the importance of shoe care products and matching handbags. Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable as the job requires you to be social and create public relations.
Aldo
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: exciting
Cons: repetitive job
Clock in and check in with manager. Make sure all inventory is ordered and there is a clean operable facility. Watched over shipments in and out of the store. Fast paced environment and great people.
productive place
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), montreal, Q.CApril 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: to mention and almost push customers to buy shoes product
I learned a lot from this job, it was productive and fun. I become a more responsible person and I stat taking initiative. when a job become interesting it can never be hard because we enjoying doing it. the most enjoyable was the busy days because I'm a very active person so I enjoy multitasking and helping many customers at the same time. I enjoy interacting with people
from cleaning to closing the cash
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical day at Aldo is from checking the agenda and the quate of every emplyed until tide the store for cling,
fun workplace with various people
Stuck Person/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
it was fun work as stuck person or sales, because I got to meet lost of different people either my co-workers or customer.
Sales motivation and productive environment
Manager-In-Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: longer mall hours in comparison to other malls, a 10 hour shift would only have a one 30 minute break
As a Manager-In-Training a typical day at work would include coaching every sales associate and key holder with their sales quota, ensuring that there is proper visual presentation on new merchandise, and providing customer service. I am required to not only meet my own sales quota for the day and the week, but also the entire budget of the whole store.

I learned how to handle dissatisfied and distressed customers more calmly and effectively. For instance, customers who are not satisfied with the quality of the merchandise are given different options such as return, exchange, and replace.

The manager that I worked with was very optimistic and motivational with the team. The only downfall is the management higher than that which includes the District Manager. I found that work ethic of District Managers vary in the company. For instance, my previous district manager was able to visit and supervise the store at least once a week in order to ensure that the employees were able to commit to tasks. On another hand, the current district manager is only able to visit and supervise the store once a month, which limits his knowledge of his employees and the customers that are being served.

Co-workers all have the same goal, which is to meet their sales quota for the day. Even though everyone's goals are individual quotas, we also act as a team since everyone help each other to meet their quotas.

The hardest part of the job is theft issues. Since the store is located in the heart of downtown and the volume of people entering the store per hour could be over 300, it is sometimes quite difficult to ensure that items are not being stolen especially with the most 5 employees working during the busy hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people and knowing that they are satisfied with the merchandise you've helped them decide on.
Productive but could be very stressfull
Foundation Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2012
A typical day included the execution of numerous system related tasks for all Divisions within the company.

I became very knowledgeable on their Merchandising system as well as in many other areas.

Manangement was like any typical working environment

My co-workers were too willing to give a lending hand when needed.

When the problems at hand could not be immediately resolved by myself.

Getting the job done and especially at the given time.
Professional
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2012
Typical day involved attending to customer inquiries and giving fashion opinion.
Belle environnement de travaille.
Gérante de magasin (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2015
J'ai beaucoup aimé mon expérience de travaille chez Aldo ,nous avions une belle esprit d'équipe et j'adore le service a la clientèle.
Trabajo a tu manera
Vendedor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: libertad al trabajar a tu manera
Cons: rutina
Lunes a Viernes se entraba a las diez y salía a la 10, tenía una sola compañera todos los días, ella era muy agradable , pero me gusta estar con mas gente.

Aprendí mucho inglés y lo que es trabajar en tiendas, ya que nunca antes lo había hecho.

De la gerencia y gente de puestos mas altos la verdad no podría hablar de ellos porque los vi una vez en toda la temporada, pero si podría hablar de mi supervisor , una gran persona de esfuerzo , seria y libre de dejarme trabajar a mi manera con contar de que este cómodo y haga mejor mi trabajo.

La rutina es lo más difícil que me tocó vivir en este trabajo pero lo asumo, es parte de la vida y todos pasan por eso.