Aldo Groupe

Aldo Groupe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive fun atmosphere to work
Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: long hours, low pay
had many duties, such as hiring, paper work, sales, quotas, cleaning, sales, closing, cash, was a very fun and energetic place to work.
had better jobs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), montrealApril 3, 2013
Pros: discounts on shoes
Cons: long hours pass closing time
1- typical day at work is just trying to sell shoes to make more money and clean
3-management is not the best ive seen in retail
4-co-workers not the best team ive been with
5-hardest part of the job is working with your co-workers sometimes
6-the most enjoyable part of the job was the discounts on the shoes
Fast paced environment with up-beat co-workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), winnipeg, manitobaMay 31, 2012
Cons: opening/closing more than one store in a day
I come to work everyday and actually want to be there. My team is always happy and up-beat. I've learned a lot about Aldo Groupe as a company. The most useful lesson I have learned about management in this company is that, not everyone is going to like you. Working for this company i have noticed that they enjoy having new associates around. They truly – more... believe that everyone is replacable. The hardest part about the job is having to tell yourself that you are appreciated, because there isn't always time for your manager to tell you. The most enjoyable part about the job is putting a smile on customer's faces. It feels great to go that extra mile for someone and know that they appreciate everything you did for them. – less
Sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 50% off all merchandise
I moved from La to Vegas & worked out there. I got sick and missed ONE DAY, they told me I couldn't come back until I had a Dr's note..AFTER ONE DAY!! I told them my Dr is all the way in La, I wasn't gonna drive to another state for a Dr's note & they said "Oh well, nice knowing you."

You have to make $700 in sales daily to get any hours. The goal – more... for black friday was $2500. They're ridiculous. – less
fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 26, 2014
Very fun, exciting, and challenging company to work for. Day to day responsibilities change everyday. District manager is great. Upper levels of management in the company rarely see or speak to anyone below district manager levels.
Fast paced, fun, upselling enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, meeting different people
Cons: hours depend on how much you sell
Selling and making your goal for each day you worked was your main priority along with satisfying the customer, and maintaining a good looking store. The management wasn't the best. I had three different managers the whole year I worked here, but each manager I adapted to were nice hardworking managers.
Inconsistent and very unfair work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: it was extremely close to my home, flexible schedule
Cons: inconsistent hours, late pay, frequent moves to different departments
A typical work day began at 8am and ended at 5pm, depending on how many hours you were allowed to work. I answered calls and scheduled appointments for patients for dentures, cleanings, extractions, and partials. I learned a lot about dental hygiene and the Dentrix and Citrix system. Management changed every other month, and employees were frequently – more... fired or laid off, oftentimes via text or email. The hardest part of my job was training, because I could never ask the same question to different people and receive the same answer from each of them. Most enjoyable were the co-workers I grew close to. – less
Productive fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2013
Pros: i loved everything.
Cons: the pay was low, but its retail.
At Aldo we never experienced a relaxed day. Everyday was a new challenge and we worked our hardest to achieve al the goals. Whether its Sales Goals or Shipment, we strive to keep our store looking excellent and strived for our customers to feel welcome.
ALDO is a great company to work for. They pride themselves on love, respect and intgertity.
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: they take care of their people... its like family !
Cons: needed more opportunities in iowa.
I learned lots about the business. Everything with receiving shipment, visual presentation, hiring, training, scheduling. You name it I did it.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers and making them happy.
A decent place to work if you aspire to be in Retail.
Assistant Manager/ Sales Lead (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at Aldo consisted of sending out shoe orders in the morning when we were slow and making sure the store was set up correctly. We were to assist guests that came in and try to help them pick out shoes and then match accessories with them. We were evaluated on how many extra products we were able to sell in addition to the shoes. I learned – more... how to work in a very competitive environment and I also learned that I did not have an interest in working at a retail store. Even though I was considered an Asssistant Manager, I felt as though I was not empowered by the General Manager to be a leader. I took it upon myself to act as a leader in every situation possible, but it would have been nice to have more support. The hardest part of this job was working so hard for very little. The most enjoyable part was having the experience of being an Assistant Manager. – less
Fun workplace with the ability to interat with many people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 4, 2013
I assisted many customers with fashion advice and completed numerous customer transactions. I was able to train new hires and assisted the store manager.
Great company based out of Canada.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 20, 2013
Great retail store to start you career. Based out of Canada if you ever want to live there! Retail management is a heavy workload so be prepared!
great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2013
Aldo was a great company to work for, they promote from within and if you put in your time and are willing to relocate, they will promote you
Productive and busy environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Freehold, NJOctober 8, 2012
Pros: always something to do.
Cons: district manager/corporate
I learned a lot more about shoes and the constructions of how they are created. A typical day all depended on any paperwork that needed to be done as well as shipment. Our main focus was to maximize every sale with every customer that walked in. Continuous training the sales associates as well as the other managers.
Trendy, fun, exciting environment
Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 4, 2012
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay
every day is a different day golas to meet, new trends to learn, overseeking opportunities and always keeping an eye for new candidates
as part if the management team there is a lot to learn and being a role model for the otther employees is a must.
my co- workers are fun. open minded, and helpfull. as a team we are really efficient
hardest part of – more... the job is letting a customer leave empty handed
the best part is giving excellent customer satisfaction. being able to manage the store and knowing that you made your store goals – less
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), YonkersMarch 2, 2012
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
I personal enjoy working for aldo but need more of a challenge