ALDO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad company culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off shoes and accessories
Cons: bad company culture
The new and shiny Aldo store makeovers are coverup for the lack of company moral and subpar products. Be prepared to sell like your life depended on it and be pitted against your coworkers to win points to hopefully get that ipod touch. If you fall short, expect to lose your miserable job. If you're in management, be prepared to work hours comparable to sweatshops during peak season for no overtime. If you negotiated wisely you might be able to afford your rent and food this month, otherwise they will pay you minimum plus a few nickels and dimes if they can get away with it. Upper management tries to get away with a lot of low things. For example, not giving you your sick days if you don't look over your pay check.

It's a shame that such a well known Canadian company preys on such young and naive people looking to make a living.
Fun working environment, always learning something new.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits, people & knowledge.
Cons: working holidays, weekends, and weekdays till midnight. location.
I have been working here for a while, and I could honestly say that I love it. I am just looking to start a career in my field. The management is great, but a bit disorganized. The hardest part of this job is the customers, and always having to please them no matter what. I love this job because this company is built on one standard, "love, respect & integrity."
exceptional company to work for!
Purchase Order Management Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 26, 2013
Would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Follow up emails to suppliers in different parts of the world.
Nice place to work, always lots to do!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AB SouthcentreMay 24, 2013
I enjoyed working here, shoes are fun, discounts are awesome!
great colleagues and flexible schedule
Assistant-manager (Former Employee), Bromont, quebec and Montreal, quebecNovember 30, 2012
Pros: great collegues
Cons: difficult to advance in the company
Great colleagues and learning experience; the schedule is very flexible, but the downside is that it is difficult to advance in the company, and it takes time.
Very fashion forward
Store Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great shoes and product
Cons: upper management support
slow
manage independently
support when available
GREAT TEAM
retaining staff with wage/competition
MY STAFF!
Positive and up-beat work environment
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 23, 2012
A place where work is never done, which is exactly what someone like myself wanted. Being constantly busy helps the work to get done and helps the day move forward.