ALDO Group

ALDO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
JOB Life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2014
WORK YOU LIKE A SLAVE SELL SELL SELL IT IS FUN AT FIRST THEN THE STRESS GETS TI YOU
Compensation
Sales Lead (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: no commission
For how much you sell, isn't worth how much you get paid unless you're lucky enough, have experience or have been with the company for a long time, your pay could be worth it.

Connecting and building relationships with different types of customers.
Hard Work and Dedication
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2014
Working at Aldo is a fun fast paced sales job with 100% customer service needed at all times. The staff is easy to train and develop into hard working sales associates to boost sales. With motivation and discipline, if you make your quota goals you can earn many prizes and compensation.
Productive and a fun workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGApril 16, 2014
Working as part of a team helps to keep to store pleasant and secure. Communication is key with other staff members to establish roles and responsibilities within the store. I am not afraid to ask questions or for help from other staff members to be able to perform my job role effectively. I enjoy learning new things and meeting new people.
Productive and Fun workplace at Aldo Group
Sales Associate/ Stock Manager (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYApril 15, 2014
A typical day at work was pretty busy. I was always in the stock room working. I learned how to manage an entire stock room by myself. Management was good to me. My co-workers were helpful and nice people. The hardest part of the job was getting hit with shoe boxes that would fall off the top shelves at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... having my own domain to work in. The stock room was my home and I made sure it was always organized and cleaned. – less
great school for life
sales lead (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 29, 2013
Pros: 50% discount in all our purchases
Cons: healt care
in this place a I had the chance to grow professionally and improve my language skills, I was hired as stock supervisor in the Watertown location, and after 6 months I learned how to interact with the customers and be a very productive completing the daily sales goals in a 100%.
after 6 months working in the sales floor, I was promoted to a sales lead – more... and I got transferred to the liquidation location in Boston in the downtown area.
As a shift manager my job was to complete the opening and closed procedures, verify all the daily deposits.
our weekly sales goal was divided by day and it divided between all our team members.
I was also had under my responsibility the training of our new team members – less
Great Experience
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: learned how to really sell product, from some of the best
Work with people to find what shoes not only match their comfort, but also their style. Learned how to engage and work with customers and employees, train new employees, and manage a stock warehouse of shoes.
Fast past competitive environment with a great atmosphere
Area Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2013
Pros: career advancement and great work envirnoment
Cons: work life balance
As an Area Manager for Aldo a typical day for me is, visiting various locations in my assigned market. Training new assistant and store managers. Reviewing sales budgets and payroll budgets. Ensuring that all staff members are in line with the organization policies and procedures.

One of the things that I learned as a manager is that my people are – more... only as good as me. Always lead by example and always follow policy and procedure. The company taught me the meaning of entrepreneurial spirit.

At a Aldo I have a great relationship with my co-workers. We really look out for one another and we always challenge each other to be the best that we could be.

I think the hardest part of my job is, being an over achiever. I work long ours not because I have to but because I care. It is important to be me to be a role model for my team

The most enjoyable part of m job is inspiring others to be the best they can be. Helping others to achieve their goals and helping my organization achieve greatness. – less
I like it
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAOctober 2, 2013
I enjoy working at ALDO.

Most days it's fast paced.
We have a great boss.
Part Time nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 17, 2013
Pros: fashion forward environment
Cons: overworked pt employess, low pay
Don't think your going to make any kind of money just being a PT sales associate at Aldo. They only pay minimum wage and the hours are few. No incentives for PT employees at all, besides club Elite which is ONCE A YEAR!? The discount is the best part, but you better have a boyfriend, parents, or second job to buy anything.
A very pleasant work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 19, 2013
Pros: you get to develop a strong relationship the your coworkers
As a daily day at work Aldo Group has to offer a very fun environment, where you get the chance to meet the costumers and also meet their expectation with Aldo products. What i like the most is seeing how after you help the costumers select a product how satisfy they are.
Get ready not to have a life
Store Manager (Former Employee), NY/ NJFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: good pay, can be fun if you have the right managers.
Cons: little training, no hours, hard labor, long hours for salaried managers.
As an assistant Manager I moved into a Store Manager Position quickly. Before we had a realignment of DM's everything was not great but manageable. As soon as we got our New DM which ran the NE Region 1 all hell broke loose. She was so unprofessional, would get up in your face and yell at you, she jumped to conclusions before investigating the issue. – more... It was an unbearable situation and the sad part about it is that the Regional Manager was ok with her behavior because she is that way. Needless to say everyone left including myself and they tried terminating us to make us look bad but she just made herself seem crazy. They can not retain Managers because just as quickly they got them in, that is as fast as they walked out. It is a revolving door with that area. – less
managed the store when manager was away, controlled sales
Assistant Manager and then Manager of ALDO (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2013
I learned about sales and employees motivation. I learned about shoes, fashion, accessories and trends. The hardest part of the job was keeping others motivated to do their job while their hours were constantly being cut. What I enjoyed the most was selling and creating a steady team of competent workers.
Competitive, Micro-Managed Place to Work
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, IlFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great discount..but as mentioned, you're limited to a certain budget
Cons: micro-managed, highly competitive, and catty environment
This is an incredibly fast-paced environment, thus making it very competitive amongst team members. The assistant managers work on commission plus hourly and are put against sales associates trying to outsell each other. The higher management is constantly micro-managing lower management, which makes you feel like you're incompetent to make good business – more... decisions. If you are trusting managers to run your stores, let them run them. Constant micro managing leads managers to question their own abilities and doesn't lead them to feel empowered. The discount is great, 50% off full-priced merchandise, but you are limited a certain amount per quarter. That makes no sense because if you work for a major fashion retailer, associates should represent the brand and not be limited to a certain budget. You definitely are constantly moving around in the store to the backroom, and since the merchandise is in the backroom, you can miss out on some potential sales opportunities if you are working with a few sales associates at a time. The store manager would constantly take over the sales of other managers, instead of team selling. Overall, not a great a place to work. – less
Fast paced and competitive
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2013
Aldo allowed me to push myself to produce results and reach my goals. I gained extensive knowledge of customer service, visual presentation, and sales.
sales associate aldo groupe , at cc mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: discounts on products for employees
Cons: no room for growth
working at aldo was rewarding experience, inter-personal skill are essential in an environment where great customer service is key .
managers are often time overwhelmed by sales goals and customer service as well as sales associates.the hardest part of this job was standing for long hours. the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers – more... of different backgrounds ,working with different people and learning something new each day. – less
fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: work every weekend
A lot of company structure but for the right candidate they will train and you can be promoted quickly.

I loved helping customers find exactly what they were looking for, whether for a special occasion or just something new.
Aldo provided steady management experience, however was very weak with it's customer service levels.
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 16, 2012
Aldo gave me the opportunity to build up management and team lead experience. However the examples set for me were contradictory and had differing philosphies about customer service.
Fast Paced Work Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 16, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high turn over
company has really good benefits and started a 401k . Management team is a team work environment and fun paced group.
Fun work place
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoFebruary 13, 2012
It's fun working and interacting with different people and it's a fashionable environment.