ALDO Group

ALDO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches from manager
Cons: short breaks
co workers were great had lots of fun but at the same time it was pretty stressful hardest part would be working long shifts and breaks were just not long enough
Great
Sales, Cashier and Stock (Current Employee), Windsor, OntarioFebruary 25, 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for. Challenging but rewarding at the end of the day. Greta people. Awesome products.
Amazing company to work for with great management and training.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Typical day of work: scheduling and budgeting, training new staff, and giving excellent customer service.

I learned everything I know from working this company. I learned how to manage a store, training staff, the ultimate customer service, scheduling building, and cost efficiency.
Great attitude , positive mentality and happy to serve customers finding their need with the perfect match.
Store Manager (Call it Spring store) (Current Employee), Bramalea City Centre (Call it Spring Store)August 13, 2014
Always commit to help and serve our customer with love, respect and integrity. Bring the best of us to our customers and provide the best Customer service and make sure our customers leave our store happy and thinking to come back any time to shop with us.
Beautiful and fun place to work.
Real Estate Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
Great cafeteria, friendly environment, great structure and beautiful offices.
A lot of work, but worth it
Assistant Hand Bag Designer (Current Employee), montrealAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, cultures, events, bragging rights
Cons: long hours
Working at Aldo is not a walk in the park. I have worked in other companies before where i had long hours, but i also felt like i could take it easy during those long hours, NOT HERE. My mental state has to be alert ALL the time, i must be physically active and capable of performing all the time. I had great mentorship, people really care about their jobs, but its very stressful because i feel everything i do was noted and brought up during my monthly review, job related or not. I couldn't actually exhale and relax until i left. I felt like a hamster on its wheel, you keep running, it never stops. It could just be my department though, you never know. To get along with the team is very very important. You must be obsessed with fashion and be ready to talk about it all the time. Easy going humble fashionistas wont last.
Great place to work. Nice environment
Visual Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 27, 2014
It was great to work at Aldo for many years. I've learned a lot.
It's a lifestyle to work for them, they have an amazing cafeteria a great gym and many others activities and services provided for everyone.
Started very well, then....
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 28, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on all products
Cons: toxic atmosphere
Aldo was a great place to be once I started, very nice people, young and fresh culture. People was advance high up...Until the management decided to stop promoting people and only hire Team Leads and Managers externally. Then the department became a disaster. All rules has been changed to some kind of rules that frustrate the employees and doesn't benefit the company. I wish it stayed the way it was.
Great training program
Department head/ Managment (Former Employee), TorontoMay 14, 2014
Pros: great work place, perks to high sales
Cons: unrealistic goals
7 points of sales was a great training program
Enjoyed co workers and customer interaction
Hardest part meeting sales goals during dead season
Management was pressured by supervisors to push sales team during these dead months
Fun, productive experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioApril 29, 2014
Working for the Aldo Group has been one of my greatest experiences. They have taught me how to task prioritize and how to work well with others. They have taught me how to work well with customers and also have improved my patience skills with people. Along with getting to work with amazing employees, we have grown to enjoy our company and have learned a lot about shoe care, shoe products and even how to style others. Working with this company is fun and definitely a great experience.
STAY GOLD :)
Fast pace, employee/customer relationships are easy and fun.
Manager (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: long hours
The company is great, they take care of you and the training puts you in the right direction to serve customers better.
Fun yet somewhat stressful at time. Aldo was an amazing school.
Gerante (Former Employee), Montreal, and laval qcMarch 4, 2014
Aldo might not have been easy at times with their higher standards but it taught me a lot. The Aldo Group is a great school for individuals who are starting their careers in retail and in fashion. The opportunities in this company are never ending. The most enjoyable part of my job as a boutique manager was turning our fellow colleagues into family.
Bad company culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off shoes and accessories
Cons: bad company culture
The new and shiny Aldo store makeovers are coverup for the lack of company moral and subpar products. Be prepared to sell like your life depended on it and be pitted against your coworkers to win points to hopefully get that ipod touch. If you fall short, expect to lose your miserable job. If you're in management, be prepared to work hours comparable to sweatshops during peak season for no overtime. If you negotiated wisely you might be able to afford your rent and food this month, otherwise they will pay you minimum plus a few nickels and dimes if they can get away with it. Upper management tries to get away with a lot of low things. For example, not giving you your sick days if you don't look over your pay check.

It's a shame that such a well known Canadian company preys on such young and naive people looking to make a living.
Fun working environment, always learning something new.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits, people & knowledge.
Cons: working holidays, weekends, and weekdays till midnight. location.
I have been working here for a while, and I could honestly say that I love it. I am just looking to start a career in my field. The management is great, but a bit disorganized. The hardest part of this job is the customers, and always having to please them no matter what. I love this job because this company is built on one standard, "love, respect & integrity."
exceptional company to work for!
Purchase Order Management Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 26, 2013
Would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Follow up emails to suppliers in different parts of the world.
Nice place to work, always lots to do!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AB SouthcentreMay 24, 2013
I enjoyed working here, shoes are fun, discounts are awesome!
great colleagues and flexible schedule
Assistant-manager (Former Employee), Bromont, quebec and Montreal, quebecNovember 30, 2012
Pros: great collegues
Cons: difficult to advance in the company
Great colleagues and learning experience; the schedule is very flexible, but the downside is that it is difficult to advance in the company, and it takes time.
Very fashion forward
Store Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great shoes and product
Cons: upper management support
slow
manage independently
support when available
GREAT TEAM
retaining staff with wage/competition
MY STAFF!
Positive and up-beat work environment
Stockroom Coordinator (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 23, 2012
A place where work is never done, which is exactly what someone like myself wanted. Being constantly busy helps the work to get done and helps the day move forward.