ALDO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Young and Dynamic Compnay
Executive Assistant to President (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria, dry cleaning services, car services, indoor parking
Cons: Long Hours
The ALDO Group is a young dynamic company. The company has so much to offer its employees. If you have the desire to work hard, you can easily grow within the company. Dedication and hard work are the keys to be successful at ALDO.
Productive, fun workplace
Multi-Channel Lead, Change Agent - EPR (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 8, 2015
Great working environment. Lots of opportunity to work with the best agencies and partners. Unfortunately office politics get in the way of making money.
Aldo Montreal
Employee Head Office (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 29, 2015
Strong company culture, beautiful & spacious office, on-site gym, good place to learn. Fast-paced atmosphere, good benefit plan for employees.
Help Desk Tech Level 1
Help Desk Tech Level 1 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits, nice co-workers
Cons: rotation schedule sometimes working during holidays
Working for ALDO Group
was a good experience over all

I helped me become a more mature and responsible person ,
and my co-workers always helped me when i needed help

I guess the hardest part of my job
was the rotation shifts, sometimes working very early
and sometimes working very late

but I really liked talking and helping people
with different kind of problems
Fun and productive place to work get to learn new things.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 24, 2015
Fun place to work, met alot of cool people. Management was very helpful and understanding. Easy to get along with coworkers. Hardest part was closing the store and doing inventory. Learned and acquired many new skills.
enjoyable fast pace work environment
Full Time Sales Lead/ Key Holder (Former Employee), toronto,ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: very fliexable hours
Cons: dealing with defficult clitents and having to keep my feeling towards the situation professional
On a typical work day, would open the store and begin the opening procedures. Welcoming customers in to the store and telling them about the current sales/promotions. Working there for the last two years has taught me many things. How to deal with troubled or disrespectful clients would be the most useful or lessons. Having to defuse a highly aggressive client to make person(s) feel more at ease. Management made sure that all of the management team was on the same page when it came to store. The hardest part of my job was to deal with uncooperative clients, but at the same time working with the team I had to assist me when need was one of the highlights.
Overall a good company to work at
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Office space is beautiful, cafeteria with baristas, gym, car wash and dry clean service (nothing was included, all costs were separate, but services were provided)
Cons: Location of office is out of the way for someone without a car, but still possible to get to from public transportation, low pay for the job
I worked my way up from the Store level to head office. It was much more difficult in stores than at the office, however there was ALWAYS work to do and you are ALWAYS BUSY.... down time is non-existent.

Be prepared to work hard and push yourself to your limits. The company is well known for underpaying their employees within the industry and will make you work as hard as possible for it too. My suggestion.... work there for a bit to get it on your resume if you are interested in the fashion industry and get out before you can't anymore.

They are going through a MAJOR company transition with a new CEO, which could be good or bad, I didn't stay long enough to find out. The department I was in many people were let go and many just left on their own.

The culture of the company is fantastic and was always one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did. The atmosphere can be very catty given it is in the fashion industry, but as long as you stay out of the politics you can get far. If you are good at what you do, don't hesitate to push for what you want and know that it is possible to get there.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary ABJune 30, 2015
work is always mall hours so anytime between 9am to9:30 pm. work can be hard if you are working in the back room. Management are good and fun to work with.Salary is low but you get commission so if you do work in a small and slow mall you don't make much
not everything the glitters is gold
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: you looks cute going to work
Cons: not enough professionalism
anyone can do this job and they solely pick people on if you're the right "fit" in terms of looks and general air for the job. not really about if you can sell the shoes or don't mess up the organization in the storage room
there is so much cattines from the girls like each store might as well be high school why is the manager acting like she's in a clique with her co workers/employees
if you're really trying to hustle and make money this is not the job for you!!! (in your first few weeks)... the outfits, constantly need to stay in trend with your style, the shoes are way over priced for how mediocre quality they've become as of late
it's like spending your whole paycheck just so you can dress at work...why did i get a job if i'm gonna be putting so much back into the company??? they don't give you 15 minute breaks for working 4 hours that is illegal?? and when you work 6 hours THEN you'll get a 30 minute break...they made me punch out for a 15 minute break that is supposed to be paid by law omg this job is not as glamourous as it seems if you really understand how business works
Fun work place with great benefits!
Sales associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off everything in the store at regular price
Cons: Can get difficult to make budget
I enjoyed working for the Aldo group because management was always encouraging the staff to achieve their goals. Since we couldn't control traffic coming in the store, conversion was sometimes difficult to maintain.
Productive work place with amazing incentives
Sales Lead/Management (Current Employee), Guilford Town Centre, BCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: cutting my working hours
A typical day at work is fun, lively and of course busy.

I lacked patience in my life before I joined Aldo.

As part of the management team, I strive to make sure my team meet our daily target, as i motivate them to enjoy helping customers.

My co-workers are amazing and they are the reason why I love working for Aldo. They are motivated, goal oriented and fun to work with. When I say fun, I mean we have a beautiful relationship on and off work.

Every job has its hard part. Helping a customer having a bad day has always been my worst experience , but I am glad I have learnt how to be patient with my customers.

It so refreshing and encouraging when I help customers get what they need and they say "thank you very much".
great place
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches from manager
Cons: short breaks
co workers were great had lots of fun but at the same time it was pretty stressful hardest part would be working long shifts and breaks were just not long enough
Great
Sales, Cashier and Stock (Current Employee), Windsor, OntarioFebruary 25, 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for. Challenging but rewarding at the end of the day. Greta people. Awesome products.
Amazing company to work for with great management and training.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Typical day of work: scheduling and budgeting, training new staff, and giving excellent customer service.

I learned everything I know from working this company. I learned how to manage a store, training staff, the ultimate customer service, scheduling building, and cost efficiency.
Great attitude , positive mentality and happy to serve customers finding their need with the perfect match.
Store Manager (Call it Spring store) (Current Employee), Bramalea City Centre (Call it Spring Store)August 13, 2014
Always commit to help and serve our customer with love, respect and integrity. Bring the best of us to our customers and provide the best Customer service and make sure our customers leave our store happy and thinking to come back any time to shop with us.
Beautiful and fun place to work.
Real Estate Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
Great cafeteria, friendly environment, great structure and beautiful offices.
A lot of work, but worth it
Assistant Hand Bag Designer (Current Employee), montrealAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, cultures, events, bragging rights
Cons: long hours
Working at Aldo is not a walk in the park. I have worked in other companies before where i had long hours, but i also felt like i could take it easy during those long hours, NOT HERE. My mental state has to be alert ALL the time, i must be physically active and capable of performing all the time. I had great mentorship, people really care about their jobs, but its very stressful because i feel everything i do was noted and brought up during my monthly review, job related or not. I couldn't actually exhale and relax until i left. I felt like a hamster on its wheel, you keep running, it never stops. It could just be my department though, you never know. To get along with the team is very very important. You must be obsessed with fashion and be ready to talk about it all the time. Easy going humble fashionistas wont last.
Great place to work. Nice environment
Visual Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 27, 2014
It was great to work at Aldo for many years. I've learned a lot.
It's a lifestyle to work for them, they have an amazing cafeteria a great gym and many others activities and services provided for everyone.
Started very well, then....
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 28, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on all products
Cons: toxic atmosphere
Aldo was a great place to be once I started, very nice people, young and fresh culture. People was advance high up...Until the management decided to stop promoting people and only hire Team Leads and Managers externally. Then the department became a disaster. All rules has been changed to some kind of rules that frustrate the employees and doesn't benefit the company. I wish it stayed the way it was.
Great training program
Department head/ Managment (Former Employee), TorontoMay 14, 2014
Pros: great work place, perks to high sales
Cons: unrealistic goals
7 points of sales was a great training program
Enjoyed co workers and customer interaction
Hardest part meeting sales goals during dead season
Management was pressured by supervisors to push sales team during these dead months