Long term project.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related diploma/degree
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in the below mentioned responsibilities
- Related Industry Certifications, for example, Microsoft, VMWare, ITIL, and Dell etc.
- Proven ability to design, deploy. Administer and manage a medium to large Microsoft Windows/Active Directory network environment
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Technical team leadership skills will be an asset
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Provide a high level of experience in Microsoft Windows network design, planning, implementation and
administration especially related to Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2003 (or newer versions). If will also include additional options and features within Microsoft Window Servers such as terminal server, file, print management, utilities etc.
- Install, administer, maintain, and monitor network servers and third party hardware in the company production network environment. Have experience in designing and administering VMware and Microsoft Virtual Servers.
- Install, administer, maintain and monitor applications and programs including Microsoft
Enterprise/Standard Server 2003 (and newer versions), Microsoft Exchange server 2010 (and newer
versions), Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft System center and Microsoft/Citrix Terminal server in the production network environment. Install, administer, maintain and monitor various network applications and programs including Computer Associates Brightstor Backup software or other backup solutions,
Symantec anti-virus central server and spam software and all printing software in the company's production network environment.
- Provide mentorship and elevated support (Tier 3) to Tiers 1 and 2 technicians, regional technicians and
a variety of end user departments specifically in support of these production applications and
- Provide communities with phone or remote support using administration tools provided by the company.There may also be travel to communities outside of Iqaluit.
- Communicate with third party vendors and developers of applications, programs and operating systems used by the company
Indeed - 20 months ago