Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related diploma/degree
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in the below mentioned responsibilities
- Related Industry Certifications, for example, Microsoft, Oracle, Sybase, ITIL or other database
- Proven ability to administer, manage and maintain a variety of SQL, Oracle and proprietary Databases and Applications
strong Oracle, SQL, Microsoft Access, Citrix and application support experience.
Experience within a satellite based environment is desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work on individual tasks
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Install, administer, maintain, and monitor SQL, Oracle and proprietary databases in the GN production network environment Install, administer, maintain and monitor applications and programs installed on databases in the GN production network environment
- Install and test upgrades to applications, programs and databases including service packs, patches, hot fixes and releases in a UAT/Test environment
- Provide mentoring and Tier 3 support to Tier 1-2 technicians, Regional Technicians and a variety of end user departments specifically in support of these GN production applications and programs.
- Provide communities with phone or remote support using administration tools provided by the GN.
- There may also be travel to communities outside of Iqaluit.
- Communicate with third party vendors and developers of applications, programs and databases used by the GN
- Create technical documentations and edit and test vendor provided documentation
- Provide expertise on identified internal IPS projects and other GN informatics projects relating to the GN IT infrastructure
- Contribute to the post mortem analysis following any assigned project completion
- Troubleshoot user connection issues, monitor disk space, monitor server and database performance, backup and restore schedules, create accounts related to databases and applications.
- Provide recommendations to improve and enhance the GN Network environment both technically and procedurally.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard